New to the area would like some info

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

New to the area would like some info

Postby DaBus85 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi my name is Scott Hulsebus and I just moved here from northern Illinois. I'm going to Life University here in Marietta. I was wondering I could get some info on which courses to check out first. I want to go out tomorrow(easter sunday) to play a couple rounds at a local park. I see that Oregan Park is in Marietta area. Are there any onther courses that I should check out close by? I have been using discgolfcoursereview.com to look at the courses but I always like to get the opinion of local players. Thanks and hope to hear back from you soon!!
DaBus85
Barney

Re: New to the area would like some info

Postby Dave B » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:52 pm

I can honestly say, save Wills on the weekend (it's awesome if you are able to play it during a weekday morning) that all of the local courses offer alot of fun and challenges. I am a recent transplant from PA also, and every single course has been worth the drive.

My personal favorites in order would be ERP, White Oak, Central, Sequoya.
Record Spinnin, Beat Making, and Disc Throwing. Life is good.
Dave B
DX Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Central in 3rd???!!! WTF???!! Just kidding, thanks for coming out and bringing friends today!!!

Definitley White Oak, Deer Lick, Flyboy, Oregon, Redan.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Lewis » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:02 am

I think there are also 9-hole courses on campus at Life U. and Southern Poly, but I hear they're not worth the trip unless you live on campus. I myself live in East Cobb, in a Marietta zip code. I'm half an hour's drive from Oregon Park, Wills Park, ERP, and Sequoyah. You'll find me most often at Oregon Park, but that's mostly because I know more people there. Definitely avoid Wills on the weekend, but otherwise it would be hard to go very far wrong. If you live in West Cobb, definitely take the trip out to White Oak, and if you live in South Cobb, you may find yourself fairly close to Deerlick. Otherwise Central, East Roswell, and Redan are all worth playing at least once. There's also a temporary course that's set up pretty regularly in Perkerson Park in downtown Atlanta. Check out their board on this site to find out if they're likely to set it up when you could play.

And as for dgcoursereview.com, you found a winner. They get just about everything right on that site. Timg is everybody's hero. :)
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Return to Q & A