Georgia Rep for the USDGC

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Georgia Rep for the USDGC

Postby $Dollar$ » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:59 am

I haven't heard plans for a time and place, but it's never too early to start lobbying for this to Not be at Central. Maybe Kelley would let it go down at Flyboy! That is a true test of decision making and avoiding the ob.
Last edited by $Dollar$ on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Re: GA USDGC Rep

Postby Brett Rousseau » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:38 pm

I second that emotion. That is all.
Brett Rousseau
Barney

Postby Corndawg13 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:49 pm

Yeah Brett you are right it seems. I just do not think, or am so sure we can continue to want to have these type of events at Flyboy. Part of Flyboy is that it is private and in a wealthy neighborhood. I am not against it, I just am not so sure "testing the waters" in this manner is a good idea if we all want Flyboy to stay. I could be wrong, and I love Flyboy, so I hope I am.

Maybe the ADGO and whomever else should look into plans to get a course of championship caliber, I know it is tough, but it may need to be done. A fundraiser series of tournies is a good idea with proceeds going towards developments and funding of a champ course or altering a current course to be so.
Last edited by Corndawg13 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby nixonrocks » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:05 pm

Corndawg13 wrote:For what not be to be Central or to be at Flyboy?

I may be wrong, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am, but I believe that this some kind of qualifying tournament for the United States Disc Golf Championship.
Brett "Maverick" Nix

PDGA# 41831

Maverick@Mobyinthemorning.com
nixonrocks
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:32 am

Brett Rousseau wrote:I second that emotion. That is all.

What part of that wasn't easy to understand!
3 for having it at Fly Boy!!!

Pretty please Kelly ?
btw... Has it been mentioned that CP sucks ? !!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Corndawg13 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:46 am

:twisted: haha just kidding. Some like CP, some don't. Either way, don't haterade on courses.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby nixonrocks » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:55 am

The only bad disc golf course is one I haven't played yet 8)
Brett "Maverick" Nix

PDGA# 41831

nixonrocks
DX Plastic

Postby MrFixIt » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:57 am

nixonrocks wrote:The only bad disc golf course is one I haven't played yet 8)

INDEED :lol:
MrFixIt
DX Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 am

I SECOND THAT EMOTION NIXONROCKS!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby maximus » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:14 pm

nixonrocks wrote:The only bad disc golf course is one I haven't played yet 8)

Play more and you will change your mind! I used to think it was awesome to play anywhere anytime, and unfortunately, I have played some courses that people just tried way to hard to stuff into a place that shouldn't have been there and wasted time and money! The one I played this morning in Texas wasn't that bad, but it hasn't rained in a few days and NO fairway was navigable due to mud and casual water and every hole had a 300' rhbh hyzer line. The dirt pads were mud, and the concrete ones were either painted (??!!?!!) or brushed too smooth and either way, slick as goose sh!t.

Back on the USDGC topic, I think that it should not matter how the spot is determined except that we hope that Keith decides a fair way and gives enough notice of when and where the decision will be made. I'm not gonna get a discussion going about this because there are other threads that killed the topic and continued to beat it long after it was dead last year... Then we had a vote for the GA State Coordinator and I believe that Keith ran and won that election again right? Make suggestions, plead your case whatever, just give him a call or send him a PM, and hope that if you cant get into the USDGC with a tournament win or another way, maybe you can fall back on this spot?

LET THE RANTING BEGIN>>>> :twisted:
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Postby keith johnson » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:27 pm

Kevin's place -Invitational event - only 954 and below rated players- NO Dollar or Rousseau :mrgreen:
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:59 pm

If I do change my mind and it's not at Kevin's - I'll be waiting to see how the several changes to the tweener holes at Central show in the scoring to see if they work out as anticipated - and if it does score better and separate scores better - there is NO other course readily accessible that can emulate some of the USDGC holes or features that has 18 quality baskets except White Oak or possibly REEdan (I haven't seen REEdan since sewer line or old folks center work - so it may not be as remembered) and it would make a fine candidate for those interested in the USDGC Qualifying Spot.

I'm still waitng to decide, but unlike last year I WILL NOT debate any of this online and WILL NOT be brow beat into running 3 Events for 16 and 14 people (including 8 of the same people) at 2 courses when there can be 30-40 people easily at 1 course if 1 date and place is set early enough for everyone to make plans to attend that wants to give it a shot.

2 things are for certain for the 2010 USDGC Qualifier - It will NOT BE more than 1 Event and it will NOT BE more than 2 hours from my house.

No more from me until late April.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby maximus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:59 am

keith johnson wrote:2 things are for certain for the 2010 USDGC Qualifier - It will NOT BE more than 1 Event and it will NOT BE more than 2 hours from my house.

Keith

WHAT!!! THATS A BUNCH OF CRAP!!!! I want a round at Rose Lane(all 27), Triplett, Jim Warner Memorial, AND Flyboy... And Cloudland Canyon and Lake Russell, just for their state historic significance! THEN, Add your score for your best three rounds, subtract your age, add how many discs you carry in your bag, then multiply that number by how many beers you had last week (sunday-saturday) and whoever gets closest to 3000 is the winner!!

NO CHEATING!!! SHOW YOUR MATH!!
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Postby Brett Rousseau » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 am

All I really want is one event. So thanks Keith. I appreciate your hard work.
Brett Rousseau
Barney

Postby Corndawg13 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:12 am

BOOOYAH!!! Oh, sorry!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:43 pm

:?

:cry:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby grease » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:01 pm

I do think a vote should be allowed concerning the venue.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Corndawg13 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:06 pm

I think a pro should be able to dominate a course no matter what the venue is, and therefore should not care where it is. You either beat people or you don't. Nothing more to it then that.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Corndawg13 wrote:I think a pro should be able to dominate a course no matter what the venue is, and therefore should not care where it is. You either beat people or you don't. Nothing more to it then that.

Yes, and Central is your favorite course, but not everyone else's. I also think that if this event is to determine the state representative at the USDGC, that the state should
have a say as to where the venue is and not just play Central because it is convenient to certain people.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Corndawg13 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:47 pm

Favorite courses are:

FLYBOY AVIATION
Pier Park, Oregon
White Oak
Central Park
Rose Lane/ Fore Palms, Florida

Don't speak what you do not know. CP is my HOME course, but reguardless, these guys are pro's. I mean come on. they should dominate Hurricane Shoals and it's 3 feet wide fairways.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:01 pm

So why do you seem to so adamant about the qualifier being at Central if it doesn't really matter?
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Corndawg13 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:05 pm

Those words must have came out your ass because I never said that. I just do not think it should matter to a pro where a qualifier is.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:20 pm

Well, genius, if you read a little further up, the whole thread is about having this at somewhere other than Central.
BTW, I was being cordial and not making assumptions. I don't know who you are and can't say I've even met or seen you.
If I was to make assumptions, I would guess you are 36, a virgin, and still living with your parents. But that could be way
off base!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby dandaman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:38 pm

Why not Moseley? Last time I looked it offers certain amenities that other parks (ahem*) don't offer. <---Plus with a little bit of rope, it can become much tougher than it is now. Need tweener holes? OK. Add some portables and we are there.

Let the Moseley bashing begin.
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:40 pm

Thanks again for trying but, NO. 28, married, and have our own place. I know it is about not being at CP, but you said I am adament about it being at CP, which I am not. By the way, I was attempting humor because if I remember correcty, I called you Captain Asshole a while back and RR made a funny pic about it. I too could be way off base, and if so, I apologize.

Feel free to meet me at CP this Saturday at 930 AM for the workday!
Last edited by Corndawg13 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 pm

JPM and WO would be great courses as well.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:55 pm

grease wrote:I don't know who you are and can't say I've even met or seen you.

corndawg
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:56 pm

EXACTLY RR, I mean come on! I am a happy guy with the nickname of CORNDAWG because my last name is CORN!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:57 pm

Corndawg13 wrote:28, married

Mrs. Corndawg
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:00 am

Haha, ummm, I got nothing! I know that dissapoints everyone. :oops:
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:08 am

Corndawg13 wrote:I called you Captain Asshole a while back. I too could be way off base, and if so, I apologize.

Greaseman, baby!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:40 am

Oh wow, another pictorial onslaught. We should have a RR Pics thread just so everyone can be happy on this board. Some people need it more then others. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK RR!!!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby 408man » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:29 am

Can anyone tell me why the Ga state rep spot is still being decided by a tournament? This seems to me to be a very dated and unoriginal way to determine the state representitive to the Championship. Yes, the best players in the world will be there, and yes, just about anyone who is serious about competitive disc golf would like to go, so does this mean we should just decide on the best player from Ga who didnt already qualify? In my opinion, maybe not, and Im not exactly sure that the good people who run the Championship think so either. It is late and Im rocking a sleeping pill right now so try to stay with me.

Anyone who runs a qualifier gets an invitation to the event. This means, that even in my poor health and physical condition, if I were given the ok to run one of the qualifiers, I could compete once again in the Championship. One of the reasons they get to go is as a simple thank you for running the qualifier for them. Another reason is so that the TD of the qualifier can see how the event is run. Simply, to see what makes a great event, and possibly bring some ideas home and make thier events a little better. Why would I bring this up? Easy, the Championship and it's policies on inviting the TD's can slowly be bringing up the level of events around the country. I know, I know, you arent following where im going with this, just stay with me and I'll explain. Knowing that the TDs are not always the "best" players (sometimes they are), shows that they are not looking to only get the best players in the world. Hmm, I may have a point there.

So this is what I was thinking: Lets say we went to a voting style of deciding the representitive. Maybe we take a specific start/finish date and track (somehow - if only we had a message board or something like that) what golfers in Ga are doing to better the sport. Someone get a course installed? Someone run a clinic for women, juniors, or whoever? Someone get benches made at a local course? Someone finally get the hint that the teepad on hole 16 at East Roswell is a joke and move it to where it should always have been? Someone step up and run a long running tournament at the last moment so the tradition continues when no one else would? Someone put in countless hours of course maintenance? There are a million things out there to make the sport better here in Ga, those were just some examples. Lets just say at a designated time, people start nominating people on a thread and after a certain amount of time there is a vote. This way, the person who gets to go is someone who is really deserving to participate in the best event that our sport has to offer. The skilled players still have the qualifiers to earn their spot. Whats the worst thing that can happen, we have a year where more people go out of their way to better the sport here?

I dont know, maybe Im just ranting due to sleep deprivation.
Team Gold Bond
-The fastest growing team in Disc Golf-
Future Husband of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
408man
DX Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:51 am

I guess that means it's WADE SELPH!!! I agree that is just as good a way to send a Rep. The only difference is the tourney does raise some spending money for the winner.
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 am

That is a really cool idea. I think that it would tough to manage in some ways, but if nominations were presented and posted with a couple rounds of voting, it is doable. Maybe our State rep could put a small committee (if necessary) to review the submissions and knock it down to 3 or 5 people and try to verify the actions of the nominee. Maybe you should take sleeping pills and post more often.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby DD » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:35 am

Redan Randy wrote:I guess that means it's WADE SELPH!!! I agree that is just as good a way to send a Rep. The only difference is the tourney does raise some spending money for the winner.

Dave Douglas
DD
DX Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:32 am

I nominate RR as long as he agrees to take all his pictures and put them on a shirt to wear during the event!!! Now that's publicity and self promotion!!!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Bootsie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:18 am

if your not planning on playing in this event save your posts. dont really care what some rec player has to offer being that there not even playing it what the hell does it matter to them anyways why stir it up bob marley.
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:04 am

Bootsie wrote:if your not planning on playing in this event save your posts. dont really care what some rec player has to offer being that there not even playing it what the hell does it matter to them anyways why stir it up bob marley.

Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Mike D » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:23 am

After discussing they way the rep has been decided in the past, we have decided to let Mike Dammes be the USDGC rep for Georgia.

This will eliminate any discussions and disputes on when and where to hold the event.

If you see Mike around be sure to wish him luck.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:56 am

Bootsie wrote:if your not planning on playing in this event save your posts. dont really care what some rec player has to offer being that there not even playing it what the hell does it matter to them anyways why stir it up bob marley.

Seems like Rec players and quitters should be in the same boat here. It's not like either of you have a shot at winning the qualifier. I think it should go to the highest rated GA player that hasn't already qualified. Phil's already in, so I guess Kevin is the next in line. He had to qualify last year so I assume the same still applies this year. Who's next in line after that? Brad?
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:10 am

Wow, normally I would have something to say about that but it is HOLY WEEK and RESURRECTION SUNDAY is in a few days. So, I will not reply with the usual animosity!

http://www.zenzibar.com/Articles/easter.asp
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:38 am

Look man. I'm a realist. You have about as much chance of winning as I do. There's a reason why 1000 rated players finish in the top 10 at every single tournament. Hell, top 25 at bigger tournaments. Sure there may be a 970-990 rated player slipping in here and there, but in most cases the better player's finish on top. I don't mean any offense to Rec players or anyone else. It's just a fact. I'm a 950ish advanced player that sometimes entertains himself by playing in the Open division. I know that I don't stand a chance of winning this thing. I'd rather see one of my homies go and actually have a chance to represent for the ATL.

If Keith insists upon having a qualifier, I think it should be limited to golfers 960 and above. I think it's great that he has a tournament to raise funds for the winner's entry and trip. In my opinion it should go to the best player in the state and the ADGO should sponsor that player by paying his entry into the USDGC.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:45 am

Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby 408man » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Ridesbrd wrote:Image

Did you seriously just post this? Arent you a paid employee of the PDGA?
Team Gold Bond
408man
DX Plastic

Postby Bootsie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:32 pm

you want to go double or nothing Jay. Same bet 50 spot. I mean since you can talk all that trash on here about me quiting. Actually this is an open invitation to anyone that likes to slam me with the quiting remarks. Put your money where your mouth is.
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Bootsie wrote:Put your money where your mouth is.

Now THAT"S gross!!
We're not questioning your game ability...... :roll:
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:48 pm

You beat me fair and square. I'll never discount that. I'll bet you $100 that you can't win a USDGC qualifier with all the 1000 rated player's in the field. Keith may not let you play though because you won't be eligible to play in the USDGC. Can it be called trash talk when it's the truth?
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Just human beings giving a thumbs up, i don't see a problem here.......now u claiming to be the future husband of lorelei is just plain disrespectful.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby 408man » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:56 pm

Shall we see how the rest of the PDGA feels about this?
Team Gold Bond
408man
DX Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:03 pm

Why don't u be a man and take it up with me personally if you have a problem with something that was done by me off of PDGA time. I can have my own personal opinions and fun, i am not a PDGA robot.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby PopDger » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:24 pm

I forgot how fun this board is.....thanks for reminding me guys!!
PopDger
Barney

Postby grease » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:45 pm

CRIPPLE FIGHT!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby grease » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Ridesbrd wrote:I can have my own personal opinions and fun, i am not a PDGA robot.

Err, would that be Chuck Kennedy?
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby dandaman » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Why don't we sell raffle tickets to decide on who goes? A 50/50 raffle-so that if enough money is rasied both the club and winner of the raffle would benefit. I'd probably buy $5-$10 in raffle tickets for the chance to play in this tournament. (Because I'm sure I would not qualify otherwise)

Oh and for the record: I don't think I've contributed one dime to the last few people who won the USDGC GA REP tournament. Partly b/c I did not care for the venues but also partly b/c I knew I had no chance in winning. Not a defeatist or someone who doesn't care for the GA USDGC Rep, just a realist who doesn't want to unnecessarily spend his money and time.

And yes I absolutely would want to play in this tournament if given the oppurtunity. Who wouldn't?
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby 408man » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:39 am

You are more than welcome to have your own opinions and fun on your own time, but that is neither here nor there. You are a paid employee of the orginaztion that "governs" our sport. Regardless if you like it or not, because of that you do represent them. Just like members of sports teams may not want to be role models, they are. Its not up to them to like it, they just have to deal with it. It is not so much what the picture was, but more who posted it. RedanRandy posts a lot of pictures (although he is a good bit more clever with them), and if he did it wouldnt be that big of a deal. You on the other hand do not have the luxury that most of us here do by being just another disc golfer, again, like it or not. You are not a robot, fine, but your position does come with responsibilities that you should try living up to. Posting pictures tyring to be funny at the expense of people with disabilities may be fun to you, and others may laugh, but it is in extremely poor taste from someone in your position.

But back to the subject:

This thread is getting kind of littered with a lot of BS, could someone with the power strip the off topic stuff into its own thread or something? It would be great if it was in a forum that the general public cant see.

This can actually be a really productive thread about how the selection of the state rep spot is chosen. Keep throwing ideas about the selection process out there people. It is probably too late to change how this year works, but maybe we can come up with something through the combination of ideas that come from it. The powers that be are reading it and paying attention to what is going on here.
Team Gold Bond
408man
DX Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:31 am

I think taking Lenora (or central for that matter) and adding a couple hundred miles of rope ala winthrop and an island green or two would at least simulate the accuracy one needs to do well there, Maybe combine a couple holes and add a couple temporary to get the distance too.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby brick » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:35 am

Ryan,
With all due respect, what authority do you have to lecture Jason over this meaningless nonsense? He's not exactly advertising that he is employed by the PDGA...he is simply partaking in a discussion on a message board. AT least thats how I see it.
A soft answer turneth away wrath.
brick
Barney

Postby djester » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Caveman crush !
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby grease » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:15 pm

I guess if you, boil it down, the tourney for the spot is a good idea since it raises money
for the winner to cover USDGC expenses. Also, because Keith is gracious enough to run
it, he should have it wherever he wants it.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Funky Bobby J » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:17 pm

grease wrote:I guess if you, boil it down, the tourney for the spot is a good idea since it raises money
for the winner to cover USDGC expenses. Also, because Keith is gracious enough to run
it, he should have it wherever he wants it.

I understand what you are saying Grease, but he is also elected, and as such, should listen to the players in the disc golf community. I think that some really cool ideas have been presented. I reallly like Ryan's idea of sending someone who has done the most for the DG community. Honestly, many/most of our best players will qualify thru-out the year. What better way to get people to help more in the DG community?
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Raffle? wow thats horrible. This is the UNITED STATES DISC GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP. The TOP competitors in the the US and the world for that matter will converge to battle it out and you guys want to REPRESENT GA with Wade or a silly old church lady raffle? :lol: It should be the top percentage of pro's that qualify, simple.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:29 pm

FYI, I know of at least one World Champ that played their first round of USDGC with an under 900 player (that got in off something other than winning the spot in competition.) That whole group had to watch his 100+ shots. This kills the flow of the tournament. (It took my group 63 minutes to get from hole 4's basket to hole 5s basket.) Anyway, the WC shoots 11, 12, and 13 shots better the next 3 rounds when playing with competitors.

Sure, it's nice to give something to people who do lots for the sport. I am all for that, but this tournament should be for serious competitors. Our state is allotted one spot for someone to Represent US in the toughest disc golf competition in the world. Giving it to someone who cannot compete on this level is AWFUL SAUCE. There's an US AM Championship too.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby Mike D » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:00 pm

I have to agree with $$ on this one.

While I would love to play this tournament, I am just not in the same league as some of these guys.

I would hate to play with some of these 1000 rated players and kill their game beacause they had to watch my medoicre play.

If we really want to give some of our lesser players a chance, we could do a fundraiser or raffle and use the money to pay for a foursome spot on the day they open the course to the regular players.

I think you have to sign-up ahead of time, but maybe we could book a foursome spot and give some lucky GA players a chance at playing the championship layout (with all the OB and rope) on the rounds after the offical tournament.

I would love a chance at a shot at that!
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:32 pm

Like I said, give it to the highest rated Open Pro in the state that hasn't already qualified. Someone mentioned earlier that most of the top rated guys will qualify at an event sometime through out the year. If my memory serves, in the last few years there has been at least one 1000 rated player that had to compete in the last chance qualifier. I agree with Dollar, this tournament should be for serious player's that are able to compete at this level.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby atl scott » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Mike D wrote:I think you have to sign-up ahead of time, but maybe we could book a foursome spot and give some lucky GA players a chance at playing the championship layout (with all the OB and rope) on the rounds after the offical tournament.

I would love a chance at a shot at that!

This only costs $5. (plus travel expenses) :wink:
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby Bootsie » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:38 pm

like me right jay i had no idea i couldnt compete im assuming that has something to do with my suspension
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby djester » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Paper, Rock, Scizzors "Death Match" !!! 8)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby dandaman » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:29 pm

Giving it to people who contribute so much to the state of DG here in GA. is a great idea. Meanwhile I have to scroll down and read about how unprofessional it would be if this spot was awarded to anyone else besides a "pro". Because as a pro, AM's cause backup's, mess with pro's games and they have no real reason for being there.

Last time I looked being PRO stood for being professional...not just for being able to throw a disc well...There are people in this community who have contributed more to the state of DG here in GA than any of the so called "pro's". Do they deserve recognition? Heck yeah! Do they deserve a spot at the USDGC? Maybe. But if the spot was awarded on professionalism alone I'm sure the "PRO'S" would be a different set of people than what we are used to.

IMO-Too many of us take without giving much in return.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:32 pm

dandaman wrote:Giving it to people who contribute so much to the state of DG here in GA. is a great idea.

ok, with ya so far...

dandaman wrote:Meanwhile I have to scroll down and read about how unprofessional it would be if this spot was awarded to anyone else besides a "pro". Because as a pro, AM's cause backup's, mess with pro's games and they have no real reason for being there.

not all ams cause back ups. Meanwhile, all ams with the nickname "All Day Delay" do cause backups.

dandaman wrote:Last time I looked being PRO stood for being professional...not just for being able to throw a disc well...There are people in this community who have contributed more to the state of DG here in GA than any of the so called "pro's". Do they deserve recognition? Heck yeah! Do they deserve a spot at the USDGC? Maybe. But if the spot was awarded on professionalism alone I'm sure the "PRO'S" would be a different set of people than what we are used to.

IMO-Too many of us take without giving much in return.

IMO-Put down the haterade, pick up the gatorade, and go practice. Anyone can qualify for the USDGC. The easiest way is to donate $1000. Then you would be doing something for DG and you would get to play in the USDGC. If that sounds like too much money, practice practice practice and it only costs $225 after you qualify based on your performance. Or run a qualifier, I doubt they will award 5 usdgc spots for a "Trophy Only" one day $20 tourny at JPM. (IMO a way better course for any event than central) But JPM is a good enough course to run an Atier usdgc qualifier in the future, so do it. I'll help.

Why do you hate pro players so much? We want to compete at the highest level possible in the sport we love, why does that make us so bad?
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:56 pm

I don't want to get in the middle of this crap but I would think that most people who "do a lot for disc golf" in the area would most likely not want to go stink up Winthrop and piss a bunch of people off.

Hold a tourney or draw a name for the best person most likely to represent the state best at the tourney. Send the guy who does alot along with them as a spectator or hell...honorary caddy...all expense paid, I bet one could learn a lot there.

Or name a damn hole after the guy...but really, why would a non-pro want to go make a fool of himself when you can pay to play the course and do that?
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:42 pm

billnchristy wrote:I don't want to get in the middle of this crap but I would think that most people who "do a lot for disc golf" in the area would most likely not want to go stink up Winthrop and piss a bunch of people off.

Hold a tourney or draw a name for the best person most likely to represent the state best at the tourney. Send the guy who does alot along with them as a spectator or hell...honorary caddy...all expense paid, I bet one could learn a lot there.

Or name a damn hole after the guy...but really, why would a non-pro want to go make a fool of himself when you can pay to play the course and do that?

That is a really good idea. For me a caddy is the first thing I need when I think of USDGC, and a good caddie is hard to come by.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby atl scott » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:51 pm

I volunteer my caddie services to any player from GA unless by some miracle I make the field. :lol: I have gone to spectate 3 out of the last 4 years and wouldn't mind carrying a bag for a round.
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby Wookie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:58 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:
That is a really good idea. For me a caddy is the first thing I need when I think of USDGC, and a good caddie is hard to come by.

:lol: Yeah, I didn't help to much last year in Virginia :lol:
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:02 pm

keith johnson wrote:If I do change my mind and it's not at Kevin's - I'll be waiting to see how the several changes to the tweener holes at Central show in the scoring to see if they work out as anticipated - and if it does score better and separate scores better - there is NO other course readily accessible that can emulate some of the USDGC holes or features that has 18 quality baskets except White Oak or possibly REEdan (I haven't seen REEdan since sewer line or old folks center work - so it may not be as remembered) and it would make a fine candidate for those interested in the USDGC Qualifying Spot.

I'm still waitng to decide, but unlike last year I WILL NOT debate any of this online and WILL NOT be brow beat into running 3 Events for 16 and 14 people (including 8 of the same people) at 2 courses when there can be 30-40 people easily at 1 course if 1 date and place is set early enough for everyone to make plans to attend that wants to give it a shot.

2 things are for certain for the 2010 USDGC Qualifier - It will NOT BE more than 1 Event and it will NOT BE more than 2 hours from my house.

Keith

With so many events going on every weekend, it would be nice to know when our state rep tourny is gonna be so we can plan accordingly. Last year I feel like there wasn't enough time to make plans and everything got redone anyhow since it was conflicting with an ATier. I just want to know, BECAUSE KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:16 pm

billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:09 am

Honestly i think it should go to the highest rated player in the state that is not already qualified. If people don't believe ratings are accurate maybe give it to the winner of the GSSS, this is an already established series, that covers different courses in Georgia. The only issue i could see with this is the tournies sell out so fast, but every pro has a "chance" to get in.

This also takes out the luck factor or the home course advantage, if you hold a separate tournament for the spot. Its sad that our 2 best players (Dollar and Childs), aside from Hammock and McCoy who were already qualified, didn't make it into the tourny last year.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:13 am

Agreed.

If a tourney is wanted why not pick the rep. based on rating or in-state victories or whatever and then hold a fundraiser tourney to pay his way.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:43 am

Ridesbrd wrote:Honestly i think it should go to the highest rated player in the state that is not already qualified. If people don't believe ratings are accurate maybe give it to the winner of the GSSS, this is an already established series, that covers different courses in Georgia. The only issue i could see with this is the tournies sell out so fast, but every pro has a "chance" to get in.

This also takes out the luck factor or the home course advantage, if you hold a separate tournament for the spot. Its sad that our 2 best players (Dollar and Childs), aside from Hammock and McCoy who were already qualified, didn't make it into the tourny last year.

Slam?!? Lol

Regardless of how that turned out, I still like the one-day tourny for a couple reasons. The main reason is because ANYONE can qualify! It's basically the US Open for disc golf and in that spirit everyone should have the chance to represent their state.

The other reason is obviously the money. Playing the USDGC is expensive. Not just the entry but staying there for at least a week.

If you can't tell, I feel strongly about our state rep tourny. I've played in it every year since I've been a PDGA member, from 930 rating to 1000. That's why it bothers me that we're looking at the 3rd straight year of playing it at a course that the GA Pro players do not like. I actually liked the idea of it floating around to different parts of the state. You play it at the same place every year then the same couple guys will qualify every time. I'm not taking anything away from Chim bc he played like a genius at the qualifier last yr, but in 2 years of Central your 2 winners have been Craig L and Chim. Both central Locals and both were the person who throws farthest. It's no coincidence.

Sry, got a little off track at the end. Moral of story, State Rep Tourny GOOD.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby nixonrocks » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:04 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:
The other reason is obviously the money. Playing the USDGC is expensive. Not just the entry but staying there for at least a week.

Just curious, but how much is it to go?
Brett "Maverick" Nix

PDGA# 41831

nixonrocks
DX Plastic

Postby jritger » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:07 pm

Tourney definitely good .... winner the last few years has gotten the entry fee paid which is ~$250 + some travel $$ that puts a dent in the cost for the week. Agreed with $$ that it would be nice to not have it @ Central Park!
jritger

Postby Funky Bobby J » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Oh Yeah - well us Central Park-ers hate all your stupid courses too!!!
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:18 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:Why do you hate pro players so much? We want to compete at the highest level possible in the sport we love, why does that make us so bad?

I don't hate pro players Dollar, I just feel that for the amount of attention and accolades that go to some of our better players it would be nice if there were a better return on investment. IMO pro's have an obligation to be aware, available and supportive of the improvement of DG in their communities. Especially so because they are at the forefront of our sport. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a better player and wanting to compete at a higher level<---even I do that, and I love to improve by practicing and playing in tournaments. But if the only improvment that really matters is in your own personal game and in your own personal reward how does that benefit the state of DG? That is why I say the things that I do. While I genuinely want to be a better golfer I also would like to leave things better than when I found them. That's why I donated time to the improvment of my local course and why I helped carry the torch of Hotlanta for two years...otherwise neither one of them would have been done...and any help along the way was and would have been appreciated. And to me appreciation is it's own reward and is a reward at one of the highest levels.

I seem to have gotten off target. I genuinely appreciate your comment's about JPM. I think that with a little bit more tweaking it can be a course as you described. It's been tough this year finding the time to do some of the things that I have done in the past, but yet I still have found time to do some small things to make it better than it was. After I get done with this and renewing my dues for the ADGO so that I can play Flyboy tommorow, I will be writting my P&R guy to thank him for the course improvments they did this past winter. I'm also going to remind him about the new concrete pad he promised for hole#5 and to see if he get the dozer out there so that we can make our island green for #11<---dullest hole on the course :wink:
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:05 pm

It is obvious that I am a newer player and an intermeddiate, but this is just common sense. Dollar is right, either have a revolving format or play two courses with different layout styles, or FLYBOY if Kelly permits it! The best player should go to the event period. Paying respect to those that do a lot for ATL or GA disc golf is an ADGO or GSSS type thing IMO where they should be recognized.

I too agree with dandaman, if you do not like a course, as a pro, try to make it better. There are obvious holes to leap through and all, but at least try.

DAMN RIGHT FBJ!!! haha!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:13 pm

This thread got me thinking (and I think I've heard of something like this before) that this could be a good way to send someone to The Japan Open. Obviously not this year, but with it being every other year, there would be plenty of time to plan. Maybe run it like Keith did the USDGC Rep Tourny last year, with several qualifying events and one final event. They could even be sanctioned with only part of the entry going to the eventual winner. These are just ideas. From what I hear The Japan Open is the best Trip/Event out there and a lot cheaper than staying in Japan on your own. This could make it even cheaper. Maybe this should be a new thread...
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby DD » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:15 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:This thread got me thinking (and I think I've heard of something like this before) that this could be a good way to send someone to The Japan Open. Obviously not this year, but with it being every other year, there would be plenty of time to plan. Maybe run it like Keith did the USDGC Rep Tourny last year, with several qualifying events and one final event. They could even be sanctioned with only part of the entry going to the eventual winner. These are just ideas. From what I hear The Japan Open is the best Trip/Event out there and a lot cheaper than staying in Japan on your own. This could make it even cheaper. Maybe this should be a new thread...

Sounds like a good event to hold at Central Park. Maybe lengthen it out some. You could combine holes from the 27 hole layout into a nice long 18.
Dave Douglas
DD
DX Plastic

Postby Mike D » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:23 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:This thread got me thinking (and I think I've heard of something like this before) that this could be a good way to send someone to The Japan Open. Obviously not this year, but with it being every other year, there would be plenty of time to plan. Maybe run it like Keith did the USDGC Rep Tourny last year, with several qualifying events and one final event. They could even be sanctioned with only part of the entry going to the eventual winner. These are just ideas. From what I hear The Japan Open is the best Trip/Event out there and a lot cheaper than staying in Japan on your own. This could make it even cheaper. Maybe this should be a new thread...

I think this is an AWESOME idea!

I would be down with helping this happen.

We could run some qualifers throughout the next year or two and make this happen.

HOWEVER, I would make these tournaments 150 class only!!

This would not only be interesting, But I think you can only use 150 class discs in this tournament anyway.

Keith... You interested??
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby gvan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Mike D wrote:HOWEVER, I would make these tournaments 150 class only!!

This would not only be interesting, But I think you can only use 150 class discs in this tournament anyway.

Yes, but they expanded the definition of 150 class now. I think it's up to 159.9 grams.
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby grease » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:15 pm

I think we should send a state rep. for the screening of the next Harry Potter movie. That would be
SCWEEEET!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:00 am

And we could all play in wizard's robes and putt with wizards and drive with dragons - that is so friggin' insanely cool!!!
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby nixonrocks » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:41 am

Funky Bobby J wrote:And we could all play in wizard's robes and putt with wizards and drive with dragons - that is so friggin' insanely cool!!!

If we're talking about the Japan Open you should dress up like pandas and sumo wrestlers!
Brett "Maverick" Nix

PDGA# 41831

nixonrocks
DX Plastic

Postby Imran » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:50 am

You do drugs Danny? ....good.
damn..., that is one fine piece of plastic.
Imran

Postby BATMAN11348 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:30 am

Whatever is decided it should be fair for ALL players from Ga. After all they will be repesenting GEORGIA not just ATLANTA. Im just saying....
I AM NOT CRAZY...JUST A LITTLE BATTY
BATMAN11348
DX Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:58 pm

BATMAN11348 wrote:Whatever is decided it should be fair for ALL players from Ga. After all they will be repesenting GEORGIA not just ATLANTA. Im just saying....

Good point. Thread title changed to represent the TRUTH
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun May 02, 2010 8:37 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:I haven't heard plans for a time and place, but it's never too early to start lobbying for this to Not be at Central. Maybe Kelley would let it go down at Flyboy! That is a true test of decision making and avoiding the ob.

djester wrote:

What part of that wasn't easy to understand!
3 for having it at Fly Boy!!!
Pretty please Kelly ?
btw... Has it been mentioned that CP sucks ? !!

OK - After thinking during the month and reading everyones ideas - I decided it willl go to the person who had the lowest combined total scores at the 2 Flyboy Events since these 3 people wanted it to be there as "true test" of decision making - and fortunately that person is ME - so thanks for the vote of confidence, and I'll do my best to make Georgia proud!

Seeing how badly I played at Central for the A/O I'm so glad everyone thought that Flyboy should be the course instead of Central as I played well at FlyBoy the 2 times I played - only getting beat by 2 throws by Justin Drage (who basically lives there) in the pouring rain playing the course blind - and then only getting beat by World Champion Phil Arthur and Charles Eldridge in my 2nd time ever playing it - so I've obviously passed Dollar's test and think I'll make a good rep for the state.

Thanks for the idea Dollar and maybe next year you'll do better at FlyBoy and have the chance to go.
keith johnson

Re: Georgia Rep for the USDGC

Postby djester » Mon May 03, 2010 1:07 am

:shock:

:)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Imran » Mon May 03, 2010 9:25 am

This thread needs more cow bell.
Imran

Postby mrpbody33 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:35 am

Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby richardhead » Mon May 03, 2010 9:49 am

I don't think the USDGC is ready for full-on, balls out, Cave Keith. I still say we should give it to the highest rated GA Pro that hasn't pre-qualified.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Mon May 03, 2010 10:05 am

Why doesn't the GA State Championship determine it?
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon May 03, 2010 10:20 am

Sadly, the GA State Championships may not be happening. Unless someone from that area can run it. Unfortunate circumstances have forced me to withdrawal from Td'ing that tournament.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Mon May 03, 2010 10:46 am

keith johnson wrote:
OK - After thinking during the month and reading everyones ideas - I decided it willl go to the person who had the lowest combined total scores at the 2 Flyboy Events since these 3 people wanted it to be there as "true test" of decision making - and fortunately that person is ME - so thanks for the vote of confidence, and I'll do my best to make Georgia proud!

Seeing how badly I played at Central for the A/O I'm so glad everyone thought that Flyboy should be the course instead of Central as I played well at FlyBoy the 2 times I played - only getting beat by 2 throws by Justin Drage (who basically lives there) in the pouring rain playing the course blind - and then only getting beat by World Champion Phil Arthur and Charles Eldridge in my 2nd time ever playing it - so I've obviously passed Dollar's test and think I'll make a good rep for the state.

Thanks for the idea Dollar and maybe next year you'll do better at FlyBoy and have the chance to go.

As far as I remember there have been 2 events at Flyboy this year, but I don't remember you being at the one in Feb.( when I shot a 90.)
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Mon May 03, 2010 11:21 am

I know we will be playing CP. The current layout at CP is about the best one that I've played and only a couple holes don't make sense (hole 4 should be on the left, and new wooded hole has a tree in the middle of the fairway.)

The main thing I would like is to know when this will be so I can plan accordingly. Maybe the day of the womens tourny at ERP?
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon May 03, 2010 11:46 am

The NOV ADGO which you didn't want to get wet at and April ADGO were the 2 Events that had over 40 people at that I'm talking about - not the 5 person gatherings that you are talking about. :shock:

Hole 4 will be left and right side of D (and both sides of the entire fairway) in Sept.

So now you are saying (after Climo and all the other top pro also praised it) saying Central isn't all that bad after all? :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby Funky Bobby J » Mon May 03, 2010 11:56 am

I like the layout too - I just do not understand why you put a temp basket 6 feet from the walking path and in such a way that the constant motion of the 12 A pad is in the background of the putting. I would suggest a rethinking of that one. I thought the course flowed really well with some of the pad changes.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon May 03, 2010 12:35 pm

Everyone panics without waiting to see what's coming up - the Sept A-Tier will also have 11 in right hand position - Central's layouts will always be based on what I'd like to try, and then I see how the scoring spreads and player feedback fits in with what I'm trying to accomplish with the design.

I can't see how the things play out without trying them - some will work the way I think - some will work the way I think but players won't like them - but without trying them out I'll never know.

I think the layout will be fine, and if 3 didn't get mangled ruining the new postion which I had envisioned as a placement shot - the layout would have been even better in my opinion.
By cutting all the left side branches, crappy throws that end up by the bike path will have EASIER looks to get the 2 than the position at the top does. Maybe some trees can be purchased and planted in that gap to close it off again, but if not the top position will do for Events.
keith johnson

Postby Sue Anne » Mon May 03, 2010 1:10 pm

I am glad to see after all these years you guys are still arguing over this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find it very amusing.
Four years and two babies later, I just got a chuckle reading what seems to be the same discussion...

What worked the best after several years of trying it different ways for me was to have them play two rounds on a neutral course and give the winner the spot and any money left after the entry fee was paid!!!

Hope all is well in the ATL.....

Sue Anne
Sue Anne
Barney

Postby richardhead » Mon May 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Sue Anne wrote:I am glad to see after all these years you guys are still arguing over this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find it very amusing.
Four years and two babies later, I just got a chuckle reading what seems to be the same discussion...

What worked the best after several years of trying it different ways for me was to have them play two rounds on a neutral course and give the winner the spot and any money left after the entry fee was paid!!!

Hope all is well in the ATL.....

Sue Anne

If my memory serves, the last time you did that was at Lake Olmstead. I think Q was the winner and the little fella hasn't been right since. I don't think we need anymore young disc golfers on the suicide watch list. Just sayin! :lol:
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Mon May 03, 2010 8:09 pm

keith johnson wrote:The NOV ADGO which you didn't want to get wet at and April ADGO were the 2 Events that had over 40 people at that I'm talking about - not the 5 person gatherings that you are talking about. :shock:

Hole 4 will be left and right side of D (and both sides of the entire fairway) in Sept.

So now you are saying (after Climo and all the other top pro also praised it) saying Central isn't all that bad after all? :mrgreen:

Over 40 people played Flyboy Monthly.

I didnt hear much praise for either course. And you know me better than to agree bc it's the popular thing to do. I like expressing my opinion, and sometimes it isn't popular. I probably enjoyed it more bc I played better, but regardless I do think it is a better layout....but it's still not that much fun. :lol:
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby Bootsie » Mon May 03, 2010 9:14 pm

player feedback: drop hole 5 and pick up another somewhere throughout the course also make hole 6 play from the red. such a better hole then blue. i mean where is the challenge seriously throw left and as long as you throw 250 feet you have a chance at getting up and down. basically what i'm saying is that your tee shot requires no skill. hole 6 red, hard 2 you dont have to go for it and take a 3 if your already shooting good. and if you go for it its risk verse reward because the creek. very good layout in my opinion. love hole 8 now tee on 9 hugh improvement hole 16 way better from red and now you actually see some 3's on it, but you can also 5 it. keep the tree on 13 otherwise that hole would play way to easy. sorry dolla. good stuff
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue May 04, 2010 12:01 am

Sue Anne wrote:What worked the best after several years of trying it different ways for me was to have them play two rounds on a neutral course
Sue Anne

To make Sue Anne happy and to quiet the crowd I have 2 words then -

WILLS PARK!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue May 04, 2010 12:04 am

$Dollar$ wrote:
keith johnson wrote:The NOV ADGO which you didn't want to get wet at and April ADGO were the 2 Events that had over 40 people at that I'm talking about - not the 5 person gatherings that you are talking about. :shock:

Over 40 people played Flyboy Monthly.

I didnt hear much praise for either course. And you know me better than to agree bc it's the popular thing to do. I like expressing my opinion, and sometimes it isn't popular. I probably enjoyed it more bc I played better, but regardless I do think it is a better layout....but it's still not that much fun. :lol:

You still lost to me head to head the only time we played - which is reason enough to make me the rep in my opinion - I already beat the rest of best players not already qualified, and I don't have to run a 7th Event that way either. :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby BATMAN11348 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:08 am

You still lost to me head to head the only time we played - which is reason enough to make me the rep in my opinion - I already beat the rest of best players not already qualified, and I don't have to run a 7th Event that way either. :mrgreen:

I can think of one person who might disagree with that.... :P
I AM NOT CRAZY...JUST A LITTLE BATTY
BATMAN11348
DX Plastic

Postby Brett Rousseau » Tue May 04, 2010 10:10 am

I like Richardhead's idea but with a little tweak. The oldest player with the highest rating who hasn't already qualified. My biological clock is ticking fellas.
Brett Rousseau
Barney

Postby Woodrow » Tue May 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Brett Rousseau wrote:I like Richardhead's idea but with a little tweak. The oldest player with the highest rating who hasn't already qualified. My biological clock is ticking fellas.

Why, thank you very much! I'll take that.
Woodrow

Postby Imran » Tue May 04, 2010 2:33 pm

I say we settle this with a chess match! ...I'm in.
Imran

Postby Imran » Tue May 04, 2010 2:41 pm

If Brett Rousseau is a Barney, then I too want to be a Barney.
...cause that's the "baddest" Barney I've ever met.
Imran

Postby richardhead » Tue May 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Imran wrote:I say we settle this with a chess match! ...I'm in.

Didn't you already embarrass yourself at the USDGC once?
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue May 04, 2010 4:47 pm

Can we get an official Mr.Disc slam confirmation???
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby mr.disc » Tue May 04, 2010 4:50 pm

slam confirmed. :!:
"Feared by deer, Adored by women"
mr.disc
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue May 04, 2010 8:25 pm

richardhead wrote:
Imran wrote:I say we settle this with a chess match! ...I'm in.

Didn't you already embarrass yourself at the USDGC once?

Not to mention the countless pro's whose rounds were ruined by his barneydom messing up their flow and concentration - that is according to Dollar...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Imran » Wed May 05, 2010 4:09 pm

chess match?
Imran

Postby Redan Randy » Wed May 05, 2010 5:56 pm

Imran wrote:chess match?

Or cat fight?
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:54 pm

You win with that picture Randy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson