Countdown to Milledgeville Tournament March 27

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Countdown to Milledgeville Tournament March 27

Postby James Powell » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:36 pm

Only 19 days until Milledgeville's first two course tournament!! Sign up will begin at 8:30 at Oak Hill Middle School pavilion on the 27th of March!! We will play at Rolling Hills in the morning and Myrtle Ridge in the afternoon. Lunch is provided and CTP's are included in the $20 price. Come play the windy hills of Rolling Hills and enjoy the the challenging woods at Myrtle Ridge. :P

Thanks,
James Powell
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Re: Countdown to Milledgeville Tournament March 27

Postby James Powell » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Less than 2 weeks to the first two course tournament in Milledgeville! 18 holes at Rolling Hills in the morning then Myrtle Ridge in the afternoon. Registration starts at 8:30 at Rolling Hills, player's meeting at 9:40, then play starts at 10am. Free lunch provided at Rolling Hills before heading over to Myrtle Ridge for round 2. Come out and support disc golf south of I-20. Registration is $20, which covers lunch and CTP prizes.
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Postby James Powell » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:43 am

5 days until this tournament. Come out and support disc golf in Milledgeville. $20 gets lunch and chance to win CTP prizes! Sign up at pavilion in front of Oak Hill Middle School starting at 8:30. First round starts at 10, then lunch after the round and then head to Myrtle Ridge, (right down the road, less than a mile), for 2nd round.

Thanks,
James Powell
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Postby James Powell » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:40 pm

Looks like Saturday will be a perfect day for disc golf! Sign up starts at 8:30, 1st round starts at 10. If anyone else who is coming has a basket we can use, let me know....

See you Saturday,
James
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Postby luke » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:13 am

Rolling Hills will be a formidable course, and I look forward to playing Myrtle Ridge for the first time. I'll be there in the morning, James, with my basket and 2 umbrella baskets.
luke
Star Plastic

FINISHED/THANKS!!!

Postby James Powell » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:42 pm

Thanks Luke. Thanks to all the guys that came out and made today an awesome disc golf experience. Your support helped us raise $380 towards new baskets. Hopefully by the time summer is here, we will have 14 baskets down at Rolling Hills. I am planning to do some redesigning of the original 11 holes and make some of the temporary holes permanent. Myrtle Ridge played nicely and everyone had positive comments about what Doug Oetter and the guys have done at Georgia College. If you are down this way, come out and check out our 2 courses. They are less than 4 minutes apart and compliment each other nicely. Keep an eye out for future tournaments. Thanks again to all the guys that brought out baskets as well. Also a big thanks to my partner Lyle who ran around finishing up the basket setup while I did registration.

Thanks,
James
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Postby luke » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:31 am

Atlanta folk will need to check these courses out. Myrtle Ridge reminded me of parts of the old Ant Farm and Sequoyah. The wind and rolling Hills of, um, Rolling Hills make well-placed baskets challenging to approach and putt. Central Georgia disc golf is stepping up!
luke
Star Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments