Will there be a Hall of Fame tourney?

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Will there be a Hall of Fame tourney?

Postby SKELETOR » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:59 pm

anyone know anything about if there will be one and where.
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan
SKELETOR
DX Plastic

Re: Will there be a Hall of Fame tourney?

Postby Big Red » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:09 am

I don't know why there would be. I think the "Augusta" Classic is going to the at the IDGC so I think it's kind of covered.
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:29 am

It seems I heard last year that the HOF is played every other year. That was a fun one.
promoting D-GOLF since 2007
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:38 am

Check. That's what I heard too. Flip flop between HOF and Augusta Classic. Unfortunately all of these tournaments seem to gravitate towards the IDGC. It's a shame they don't use any of the good courses that Augusta and the surrounding areas have to offer.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:01 am

richardhead wrote: Unfortunately all of these tournaments seem to gravitate towards the IDGC.

It's called ease and economics - NO fees for Sanctioning or Insurance to use IDGC, plus convience of all the amenties involved at one spot - you can't blame saving LOTS of cash every year using those facilities versus dealing with parks and rec departments at the other courses.
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby djester » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:07 am

Too bad they don't use any of the old courses, I think they are the best in that area.
Shame, shame....
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby richardhead » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:25 am

keith johnson wrote:
richardhead wrote: Unfortunately all of these tournaments seem to gravitate towards the IDGC.

It's called ease and economics - NO fees for Sanctioning or Insurance to use IDGC, plus convience of all the amenties involved at one spot - you can't blame saving LOTS of cash every year using those facilities versus dealing with parks and rec departments at the other courses.

I see your point. At some point you would think that people might get burned out playing the IDGC so much. There's a wealth of great courses in that area that are being ignored. From what I hear the Hippodrome Course has been completely over hauled and there will be a big tournament there in the not to distant future. The thought of a 2 day A-Tier using Riverview and Olmstead is a dream that I have too.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:58 pm

Um, isn't the Disc Golf Hall of Fame at the IDGC? For the life of me I couldn't see why this tournament would be played anywhere else.
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:19 am

richardhead wrote:
keith johnson wrote:

I see your point. At some point you would think that people might get burned out playing the IDGC so much. There's a wealth of great courses in that area that are being ignored. From what I hear the Hippodrome Course has been completely over hauled and there will be a big tournament there in the not to distant future. The thought of a 2 day A-Tier using Riverview and Olmstead is a dream that I have too.

Ummmm do you not remember the Augusta Classic last year......A-Tier at Lake O and Riverview :shock:

Also Keith is partially right but it falls under the who's gonna run an A-tier in town category, and since its the 20th anniversary of the Classic BG wants to run it.

Check the schedule for the Mid-July Augusta Top Gun B-Tier which plays one round on each of the 4 town courses, also done last year. I think the tournaments have been there, you just haven't!!!! :shock:

The DG Hall of Fame Classic is run every other year.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:51 am

I don't know what Red and Head are talking about. In the last 3 years there have been plenty of events at all of the Augusta courses. I would know, bc I played in pretty much all of them. And I would rather be challenged at the Bigger events by playing tougher courses. We are lucky to have the IDGC in GA and you guys sound like some ungrateful biotches! Cmon Now!!!!
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:59 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:I don't know what Red and Head are talking about. We are lucky to have the IDGC in GA and you guys sound like some ungrateful biotches!

Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Big Red » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:13 am

Uh, am I missing something? I didn't think I said anything negative in this thread?
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments