League Play

Moderators: Vicki, ADGO BOD

League Play

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:41 am

Keith Johnson (not our caveman) at GCPR wants to set up a league to utilize Lenora's course more. He contacted me (Lenora's PDGA course contact) to see how it could be done. I think this is something the club can get behind and support. I can spearhead this to get it started if you want, but cannot commit to running the action.

The following link should get you to the signup area. Blue text explains what to select.

http://www.gwinnettcounty.com/portal/gw ... &mode=view

Select 'Lenora Gymnasium' & 'Sports' from the 'Location' & 'Category' (respectively) drop down lists, and click search. Then click the league you want to join.
"Fearlessly the Idiot faced the crowd, Smiling"
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Re: League Play

Postby billnchristy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:51 pm

I think a back and forth between Lenora and Alex would be cool.

The reason we don't get in on local action is by the time we get off work and get our daughter fed it is dark. Would be glad to play on weekends.

Would be glad to run the mixed doubles for both locales if we can get some flyers up in both parks to advertise for it!
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:18 pm

Lenora Bag Tag league is ON!!!
Online sign-up will be available soon.
Season 1 will start on Thursday April 15th at 5:30 (we'll move it back as we get more light).
There will be a summer season and a fall season TOO!
Each season is 8 weeks long and costs only $20. The GDGO gets $5 of that fee for running the action so its a great way to support your local club!
I'll have sign up sheets at Alexander Park Saturday doubles for those that can't wait.
For those of you unfamiliar with the bag tag process, here are the rules:

Bag Tag Rules
1.Tags will be given out after the first tournament with the lowest score getting the lowest tag #. In case of ties, tied participants will play-off holes #1, #18, #2 sudden death loop until a winner is determined. Subsequent ties will be decided by previous tag #, with the previous lower tag # getting the lower number. Division of players will be based on skill and experience.

2. You must have your tag to participate in weekly play.

3. No tag can miss consecutive weeks of play.

4. If you miss consecutive weeks you will forfeit the tag and and take the lowest # in the group. You'll be considered the lower # in any ties for the week of return. If there are more than one players who miss consecutive weeks they will draw #'s to determine the lowest #.

5. If you lose your tag you will be able to PURCHASE a new one, the next in sequence, for $5.00.

6. Non-league tag challenges are permitted if all parties concerned agree to challenge.

7. Non-league challenges DO NOT count as weekly league play and you cannot claim it as weekly play when applied to rules 3 and 4.

8. Tags are good for one season only.

9. The season ending final will be a match play tournament set up in a NCAA basketball bracket system (#1 plays highest tag #, #2 plays second highest tag # and so on…) Tournament date will be determined by player consensus.

10. Divisions will be set up as followed:
Advanced- Players who have years of PDGA tournament experience or have played disc golf for a number of years.
Beginners- First-time or newer players with LIMITED experience in PDGA events.
Women- All skill levels.

11. Tags may be purchased up to the third week of a season with the tag # randomly drawn.

12. Tournament director has the final say in all disputes and failure to abide by the TD’s decision will result in disqualification from play.

When this league takes off there will be expansion to The Alex, Handicap and Team leagues, Juniors. You support it, we can do it!
Last edited by Can't Hit Open Putts on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby Vicki » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:52 am

Way To Go Chop! This should be great and Ed I look forward to playing in it. Someone should bake you a cheesecake!
Vicki
DX Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:08 pm

We will be in for sure.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:28 pm

Here is the link for online registration.

http://www.gwinnettcounty.com/departmen ... p_form.pdf

Course codes are as follows
LPGY300001 Men's Beginner Season 1 4/15- 6/3
LPGY300002 Men's Advanced Season 1 4/15- 6/3
LPGY300003 Women's Season 1 4/15- 6/3

LPGY300004 Men's Beginner Season 2 6/10- 8/5
LPGY300005 Men's Advanced Season 2 6/10- 8/5
LPGY300006 Women's Season 2 6/10- 8/5

LPGY300007 Men's Beginner Season 3 8/12- 9/3
LPGY300008 Men's Advanced Season 3 8/12- 9/3
LPGY300009 Women's Season 3 8/12- 9/3

Once again its Thursday night at 5:30 and the cost is $20 a season. Sign up for as many seasons as you can. I will be out at Alexander tomorrow before doubles and have signup sheets for those that don't want to sign up on line. We are still finalizing a kickoff event and the seasonal award.
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby dale » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Is it just me? When I click on that link I don't get anywhere close to a sign up sheet. I've looked all over the site and still don't see where I can sign-up. Is it maybe because I don't have a log in? Thanks for any insight on how to sign up on-line.
dale
Barney

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:24 pm

After clicking the link go to the Popular Links collumn and find Parks Online registration. Bring up Lenora park gymnasium and you'll find it on the second page. Hope this helps. CHOP
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby dale » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Thanks Chop, I found the link following your directions. Do you have any general guidance on how to determine whether to play in the Advanced or Beginner league?
dale
Barney

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:28 pm

I was hoping that the beginners would be true newbies (less than a year of golf) and advanced be for any PDGA or local action players. The league is mostly for fun (braggin' rights) as the pay out is going to be a trophy for Tag #'s 1, 2, and 3. I plan on mixing up the formats from week to week to keep it interesting. At one time during the season everyone will have a chance to get the #1 tag.
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:07 pm

Hey folks this is only 5 weeks away and there only a few sign-ups! The county will need to get an idea about how many tags to order so get your entry in NOW!

For those of you wanting league action at Alexander, the county is using this as a test to see if it there is enough of a demand for organized disc golfing.
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby gvan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Have they put up an updated flier in the Kiosk at Lenora? They should also put one in the Kiosk at Alexander. There are a lot of newer players at the Alex right now. If the flier emphasized it as a learning experience and good for beginners, it might help sign-ups.
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby BradT » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:12 am

I have one question before signing up. Is it required to attend the first week (4/15). I may be out of town but would be around for all the remaining weeks.

Brad
BradT
Barney

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:42 am

BradT wrote:I have one question before signing up. Is it required to attend the first week (4/15). I may be out of town but would be around for all the remaining weeks.

Brad

No , you will just be assigned the next highest # for the following week. I plan on setting up a email list from the signups to send out pertinent info to which you could reply that you would or wouldn't be attending that or any other week. Thanks for supporting Gwinnett disc golf!
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby DGLane » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Any women signed up yet? Also, can we pay on the first meeting instead of online?
DGLane
Barney

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:41 pm

You'll have to pre-register to play. If you dont want to do it online then you can go to Lenora Park and sign up there. If you cant get to Lenora I believe you can do it at any Gwinnett Co. park that has a rec center. I've signed my kids up for tennis classes held at Mountain Park at Rhodes Jordan. I haven't gotten a list yet so I can't tell you the league make up yet. Hope this helps.
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:31 pm

Edit:

Christy and I are in.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:25 pm

I saw the tags today and the look nice.

So far 6 advanced and 2 women have signed up. Only 3 more weeks to sign up for the spring league. If you are concerned about the start time remember it will move back as we get more daylight. If you can't commit to the spring league, sign up for the summer or fall league!
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby cnalbers » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:50 pm

Can't Hit Open Putts wrote:You'll have to pre-register to play. If you dont want to do it online then you can go to Lenora Park and sign up there.

FYI, the GC link above does not work.
Life without God, oh, and beer, is meaningless.
cnalbers
DX Plastic

Postby Steve Adams » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:28 am

The following link should get you to the signup area. Blue text explains what to select.

http://www.gwinnettcounty.com/portal/gw ... &mode=view

Select 'Lenora Gymnasium' & 'Sports' from the 'Location' & 'Category' (respectively) drop down lists, and click search. Then click the league you want to join.
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Postby BradT » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:05 pm

Just signed up. If you search by the codes listed earlier in the thread, drop one of the 0's. LPGY30002 is for the Men's ADV for the first season.
BradT
Barney

Postby billnchristy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:06 am

Starting next week, any updates?
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:30 pm

I'm on vacation this week so I have no way to give any updates. I'm hoping to be able to sign people up at Lenora next Thursday if they haven't been able to make a decision until then, but that depends on the county. I will post (Monday or Tuesday) the participants that are signed up and give some basic info for Thursday.
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby Subicon » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:50 am

I was trying to sign up, but when I check out my cart, the price is $35 and not $20. What's the deal?

Edit: Never mind. My address is in Loganville, which is in Walton county. However, I actually live within Gwinnett county. It seems rather silly that a Gwinnett county website cannot tell where its borders are. :lol: Can I just sign up at the Lenora gym?
Subicon
Barney

Postby Steve Adams » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Subicon wrote:I was trying to sign up, but when I check out my cart, the price is $35 and not $20. What's the deal?

Edit: Never mind. My address is in Loganville, which is in Walton county. However, I actually live within Gwinnett county. It seems rather silly that a Gwinnett county website cannot tell where its borders are. :lol: Can I just sign up at the Lenora gym?

I'm not sure why you're getting billed an extra $15; possibly address outside Gwinnett county. You can sign up at the Lenora gym.
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:13 am

We will see what the Doc says tomorrow but I am most likely out. My wife will still play though.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:04 pm

I will be able to sign you up on Thursday at Lenora if you can't sign up before then. I will be gettting a list of the registered players soon and emailing them reminders Wednesday.
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby tlacue » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:04 pm

Hey CHOP,

it was great meeting you sunday and playing our first round of doubles. kari and i just signed up for the tag league. looking forward to it. see you thursday. do we meet at the 1st tee?

tracy
tlacue
DX Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:09 pm

Oh excellent! Christy will be thrilled. Cya Thursday!!
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:36 pm

tlacue wrote:Hey CHOP,

it was great meeting you sunday and playing our first round of doubles. kari and i just signed up for the tag league. looking forward to it. see you thursday. do we meet at the 1st tee?

tracy

Thanks for signing up! The first tee will be fine.
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:44 am

Today's the day!!!
Meet by the first Tee for a brief meeting.
I will be there at 5:00 if not sooner.
We will play Rain or Shine! so be prepared.
Will have optional CTP and Ace Fund available at signup.
If you haven't signed up already you may do so tonight, but try and get there earlier so we can get things started on time.
I will accept sign-ups until the third week, so if you know anyone else who wants to play but can't make tonight tell them they're not to late.

Can't Wait! CHOP
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby tlacue » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:03 am

WOW!!! even though i got tag #4(last for the ladies), i had a blast and am really grateful to be playing with and meeting new people. thanks chop for all you're doing. see you all next week.

tracy
tlacue
DX Plastic

Postby Vicki » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:31 am

Ed and I had a blast, too! Looking forward to next Thursday.
Vicki
DX Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:22 am

I have posted the results on the Lenora park thread and will continue to do so from here on out. If there are any non league play challenges please post them there. Thanks! CHOP
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby Steve Adams » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:03 am

Great job CHOP. Thanks for all your hard work :D
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:47 am

I can't say that I had fun because watching people play is as painful as playing hurt but in a different way!!

It was cool though and it should be a tight race between the ladies.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Return to Gwinnett Disc Golf Organization (GDGO)