Vandals @ Moseley.....

Henry County - Stockbridge, Ga

Moderators: dandaman, ADGO BOD

Vandals @ Moseley.....

Postby djester » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:06 am

Hole 5's tree that was in the middle of the fairway has been cut down leaving the hole wide open all the way to the basket.
Looks like a hatchet job and they left the tree on the fairway :twisted:
I'll be working at the course this Saturday to try to install something to replace the tree that was cut down and/or looking at making a new fairway to incorporate more tree's into play.

anyone that would like to help ot give ideas, feel free to show up around 9am-12pm
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Re: Vandals @ Moseley.....

Postby jritger » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:24 am

that sucks!

but, that tree was kinda in the middle of the fairway....
jritger

Postby djester » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:55 am

now there is nothing in the fairway..... not really much difficulty left, just a 30ft wide fairway for 200ft. :?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby jonp » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:21 pm

Pick two mando trees on the sides of the fairway halfway down. Make an OB line along the trees circling behind the basket, and if you land OB you throw from the mando line. Instant classic.
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Postby jritger » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:24 pm

long teepad ... or longer basket

nothing wrong with a 30' wide fairway in the woods
jritger

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:36 pm

jonp wrote:Instant classic.

Don't be such an ändan bak!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby mr.disc » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:52 pm

Now it sounds like a jump putt...... :shock:
"Feared by deer, Adored by women"
mr.disc
Champion Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Thats a B!7CH their was no reason to cut down that tree,well we know it was a Disc golfer alot of people hated that tree.
I always used that tree as a guide in a sense throw just to the right of it and youve got a good shot.I would wanna see something put right back up where it stood for sure.I know I was reading my Disc golfer magazine and they made mentions in there to a guy who cut down a tree was arrested so for those that dont know your messing with County property and If caught cutting or defacing any property out there you can be prosecuted to the fullest extent. 8) Let me see somebody doing that sh!7 Ill be the first to call the fuzz.
The artist formerly Known As MiLeNkO.........
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:27 pm

djester wrote:Looks like a hatchet job

I don't want to start any false rumours or anything, but obviously TomahawkChopper did it! :wink:
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:11 pm

oh-no!!! not another "junk" joke!! :lol: :lol:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby TomahawkChopper » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:02 pm

Wasnt me I havent been out there in like a week or so.Get a shrub like the one on 15 next to the old pin placement.Whoever cut it down thought getting round that tree was hard get around that beast.

Also Island green 11 what if we do a privet hedge around the basket they need very little water and are very inexpensive.If they happen to need watering the creek is right there all you need is a bucket or something and your good to go.
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:44 pm

The Vandals struck again this time attempting to steal basket 14 and our picnic table.They ripped the basket straight out of the ground concrete and all what is wrong with these folks?Steve and myself replaced the basket so we and others could play through JPZ informed me that the basket was then removed temporarily by Josh till it can be replaced.I think it might be those teenagers we see out there now and then 2 white dudes a black dude on occasion,and a husky white girl possibly the owner of that white jacket left on the picnic table JPZ took care of that.They are also probably the same kids that painted the Dang picnic table.Those of you that use this board and frequent Moseley park be on the lookout they might not even play disc golf cause I never see them play.
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks to Joey for contacting JPZ today to let him know that hole 14's basket was pulled out of the ground and hidden in the woods about 120ft in, along with the bench and a few tee signs.... Looks like someone or a group of folks did this and were drinking beers as well and spray painting trees while making a mess all at the same time. Beer cans were littered about the area. I should have collected a few for fingerprints, but am not sure if that would be cause enough for police to get involved.... any thoughts?

I don't know why golfers would do this.... if the county sees that this is happening, they will pull the course and there will be no JP Moseley course. :cry:
I commend Joey for putting the basket back in it's position, but I want to let everyone know that I removed the basket today and busted all the concrete off the bottom of it. I will be going out on Saturday morning at 7:30am to re-install the basket with enough concrete that it won't be coming out of the ground unless we want it to.
I almost wanted to wait and see if anyone came back to get it tonight as it seems that was their intention.
If you see anyone at a disc golf course that are littering, trashing the course, vandalizing, leaving cigarette butts (yes, even that is litter!), please take a stand and let them know that they need to pick it up and/or leave...actually smoking is not allowed at Henry Co. parks....but that's not the point, the point is people not respecting the courses they are given to play on.
I am not sure if Dan is going to contact the parks guys or not as this might be better left to us for now until something serious happens and then we'll contact the parks officials.
The sun shelter was also tore up a bit as someone threw a rock at the newly layed-in JP Moseley artwork supplied by Wade but they missed the artwork and scratched the clear coat really bad which can be fixed to look a little better than it is now.

I really wish we could get more traffic at this park so people don't feel so comfotable vadalizing things.
I just hope that karma will play out on these fools :twisted:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:04 pm

good job man... if you see anyone that looks like they might be up to something.... don't act until you see them actually do something.... feel free to call the po-po and report them by giving a discription of their looks and what they are doing.

Thanks again for taking care of this really quick as the basket might have been gone by now.

I don't even know how you found it as they dragged it way back in the woods. I had a diffficult time with JPZ telling me on the phone at the same time.

I've seen them before and they did act like teenagers, but I wouldn't think they'd do this to the course. They were very loud and barney-like... I'll confront them next time I see them and ask if they know anything about people vadalizing the course to see what their reaction is.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby dandaman » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:27 am

I wish to God that this thread was dead and I didn't feel the need to be posting on it. Bottom line is this. Vandalsim at the golf course is way up and I am pissed. Lots of hard work has gone into this course and for such a few to be so destructive this is really a bad precedence for this course.

I will be posting signs today at the park stating that vandalism of park property is a felony. I encourage all who visit our park to respect it and report any illicit behavior. This is my backyard, this is my course, and in my own backyard I will fight for what is mine.

Vandals consider yourselves warned! You will be reported. I will witness against you.
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:02 pm

djester wrote:good job man... if you see anyone that looks like they might be up to something.... don't act until you see them actually do something.... feel free to call the po-po and report them by giving a discription of their looks and what they are doing.

Thanks again for taking care of this really quick as the basket might have been gone by now.

I don't even know how you found it as they dragged it way back in the woods. I had a diffficult time with JPZ telling me on the phone at the same time.

I've seen them before and they did act like teenagers, but I wouldn't think they'd do this to the course. They were very loud and barney-like... I'll confront them next time I see them and ask if they know anything about people vadalizing the course to see what their reaction is.

Ive only noticed them a few times back there to either get their groove on or smoke?But being a teenager ourselves at one point in time we were stupid and just thought maybe describing them could maybe help so that others might keep an eye out for them as well.We also noticed a few trucks driving back there,I saw a big silver maybe f-150 4 door truck jpz said he thinks its the same one he saw.I saw them as I was leaving the course he saw them on the back trails.
Maybe the county could put gates up to keep those that dont need to be driving back there out. :twisted:

we noticed it wasnt there so I thought it finally got moved to an alternate position and nobody mentioned it.I followed the trail looking though the woods and finally spotted that UGLY bench.I will be painting over that if its ok?We noticed the drag marks as we carried it out.The guys mowing the grass was sitting there watching us while taking a smoke break.I wouldnt doubt the live in those neighborhoods around the park so they will be coming back and hopefully the next time they are caught :D :twisted: .
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby djester » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:55 pm

Basket fixed and in ground with approx. 225 pounds of concrete, 3 18 inch spikes drove into the walls before we poured concrete in, and topped with love and care :wink: Just try to move that thing!! I hope we never decide to change the pin in the ground :shock:

Picnic table is headed to the dump (unless Joey got it)

Signs are posted through out the course stating that vadals will be beaten, fined, & jailed if caught red-handed.

Ritger was at the course and no tree's were cut... although I believe some were thought about :lol:

Getting good reviews about the new hole 5 fairway, that's a plus!

Hope to get back out to the course and get more work done soon...
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby WAS » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 am

I notified the park office about the graffiti on tee pad on hole 2 yesterday.
WAS
DX Plastic

Postby JPZ » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:45 pm

:shock: what did they do now?
was it like the pic-nic table?
and
can it be cleaned? :evil:
JPZ
Champion Plastic

Postby WAS » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:59 pm

It looks like the graffiti that was painted on the side of the building by gold one’s tee.
The park office said they would get maintenance to take a look at it.
WAS
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:05 pm

I can aquire graffiti removal liquids if needed. I can get them for free :wink:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby WAS » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:39 pm

Thanks Josh that would be great.
It would be nice to make that graffiti go away.
WAS
DX Plastic

Postby Randgolf » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:56 pm

What is the latest on the course vandals? Have they been caught / has anything else happened? I love Moseley and can't wait to get back down there to play it. Thug Life is so cool, where do I sign up to be a wanna be G?
Randgolf

Postby WAS » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:19 pm

JPM has had no vandalism since early December 09.
The December graffiti has been removed.
The course is currently in the best condition than I have ever seen it before.
WAS
DX Plastic

Postby dandaman » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:26 am

Numerous anti-vandilism signs were placed all over the park, but especially on the disc golf course. Signs such as "Vandalism is a felony. All violators will be prosecuted!" and "It is against the law to alter any park property without written consent. All violations will be prosecuted." and "Please notify the Henry County police..."

I believe I spent $20 at Staples lamenating those signs. I hung must of them high enough where they could not easily be taken down. I've since seen a group of 14-15 Y.O. kids doing stupid things like throwing trash cans into the man-made ponds and I've called the cops on them. I also saw another group of teenage boys (who were not playing golf) on the course and I talked to them about the recent vandalism in the park. They acted real funny but we have not had another instance since.

BTW: I hate vandals!
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:45 pm

My front 9 at the Last Saturday Action coiuld have been considered vandalism.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Randgolf » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:04 am

I played Mosley last Friday. I was really impressed with how nice the course has become. You guys have done an incredible amount of work out there. Well done!
Randgolf

Postby Funky Bobby J » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Vandals aren't all bad

Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Return to J.P. Moseley Park