Let's have a meeting...

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Let's have a meeting...

Postby Corndawg13 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:24 am

It has become very apparent that a lot of people want a lot of things done to Central Park in ways they believe will make the course better. All this chat on the disc-cussion board is fun and somewhat exciting but it is alltogether meaningless unless action is at least planned. So, I suggest we schedule a meeting to discuss the ideas brought up and to discuss the future of the course in general. Keith would know who should definitley be present for the meeting, Dave K and someone else he has routinley mentioned. Of course anyone should come but Keith knows who is more so in charge of the course.

Anyone else agree a meeting is needed?
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Re: Let's have a meeting...

Postby Corndawg13 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:30 am

Issues to be discussed are, that I know of:

1. Improving teepads, rather concrete, gravel or what-not.

2. Possible movement of pro blue teepads and maybe a few Red pads to make CP a tougher and more desirable course for Pro's and advanced Am's to play.

3. Possible additional tournies/events... IE, Ice Bowl, Ace Race, Fundraiser Tourney(FBJ), Charity Tourney, Singles knock-out tourney...etc

4. General ideas for CP, the general status of the Clubs Funds

5. The future of DISC GOLF in Forsyth County

THEY ARE IN NO PATICULAR ORDER.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:49 am

Some good ideas - people needing to be present i can think of - Wes Campbell, Dave Kenney, John Outler, Bob Johnson, Dale Hatcher, Nathan Skinner, Cody Britain, Mike Hallworth, Craig Leyva off the top of my head.

Most do NOT ever see this board, so they would need to be approached at Doubles.

Best time would be to have it before or after Doubles 1 Sunday to have most everyone there at one time.

I will be out of town on EVERY Sunday until EASTER - Roswell, Vegas, Memorial, Athens (setting up the Crucible), Kevin's Event, National Tour Event in Ocala - so if the meeting(s) happen before Easter, I will keep up here on the board, or by phone/E-mails with the principals involved.

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Corndawg13 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 pm

Alright, I just got off the phone with Phil Arthur and he wants to meet up with me out there next week to play a round and walk through his suggestions. He is really on-board with making CP better for pros and all levels of play in general. Of course we will not randomly do anything unless it is something like move a Gold teepad a few feet over without consulting Dave and Matt Pate. I basically want to get a plan of action going through Phil in order to see if we can't just improve the GOLD LAYOUT for now in order to draw more top level players out there.

He also suggested, as everyone else does, that teepads are the main concern out there. Concrete would be awesome, but he even said moving some pads, or building up around them to make them safer would be good.

Guys, we have a TOURING PRO on board to help make CP better, if we do not utilize him and his suggestions, then we are truly fools. He has my number and him and I will work towards a plan of action, I can only hope the Powers the Be would be onboard as well.

Let's make CP EVEN BETTER!!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Imran » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:56 pm

Now that's action!

Bobby, let me know if the Roswell club can be of any assistance.
We're here to help.
damn..., that is one fine piece of plastic.
Imran

Postby Corndawg13 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Thanks Imran I apprecciate that. Playing with Phil is always a treat, but having him give suggestions for CP is even better. I am glad someone else is excited about it.

I was informed after the tourney that giving you your disc back in the way that I did was a "rookie mistake"
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Return to Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization (FCDGO)