2010 IDGC Champions Series Information

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

2010 IDGC Champions Series Information

Postby Ridesbrd » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:26 pm

The 2010 IDGC Champions Series will continue again this year with 6 awesome events at the International Disc Golf Center. If you haven't been to one of the tournaments, ask your friends about the ease of playing events at the IDGC. Granted the courses are very challenging, but the amenities and awesome staff make a great tournament experience!

Each event takes place on the IDGC property, and can vary between the 3 courses at any given event. I will release the course information about one week prior to the tournament.

2010 Series Dates:

Feburary 20
April 3
June 12
August 28
November 6
December 11

Registration takes place at 9am the morning of the events and early registration can be found at : http://www.pdgasignup.com

Flier and series information can be found here:http://www.pdga.com/IDGC/events

One major change in this years series will be that i will be taking your best 4 out of 6 events for the series payout at the end of the year. I have also been working on some sponsorship opportunities to make the series payout larger.

Have any questions.....fire away!
Last edited by Ridesbrd on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Re: 2010 IDGC Champions Series Information

Postby Ridesbrd » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:42 pm

This Saturday's event will be played on the WR Jackson and Steady Ed Headrick courses. The lake is at full pool right now, and should make for some interesting play on the Headrick course. All three courses have been undergoing major work that will continue though the end of April and the US Masters.

Approximately 800 stumps have been removed from the courses with 400 of the larger stumps ground by a machine. The concentration for this grinding work was the WR Jackson course, and you will notice a difference! We have also been taking out dead trees, a bunch of limbs, and improved some fairways.

Hope to see the non GSSS'ers out this way this weekend!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:06 pm

Is there a way to sign up for a single date? Wife is thinking of doing the Apr 3 event. Is there a women's div?

Thanks.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:02 pm

I want to play on Apr.3rd

Is it ok if I just show up and sign up when I get there? RE:I did not see online signup available.
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby SheDawg » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:16 pm

The tournament doesn't typically fill up so we usually just sign up the morning of the tourny in the pro-shop, since you can pay by credit card, etc.
They are pretty laid back out there and offer pretty much every age protected/whatever divisions, so no worries about that, and you can definitely only play one of the series all year, they do payouts individually except for extra prizes at the end of the series for the winners.
Rachel D. Conley
SheDawg
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:05 pm

SheDawg wrote:The tournament doesn't typically fill up so we usually just sign up the morning of the tourny in the pro-shop, since you can pay by credit card, etc.
They are pretty laid back out there and offer pretty much every age protected NOT! :mrgreen: /whatever divisions, so no worries about that, and you can definitely only play one of the series all year, they do payouts individually except for extra prizes at the end of the series for the winners.
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:48 am

SheDawg wrote:The tournament doesn't typically fill up so we usually just sign up the morning of the tourny in the pro-shop, since you can pay by credit card, etc.
They are pretty laid back out there and offer pretty much every age protected/whatever divisions, so no worries about that, and you can definitely only play one of the series all year, they do payouts individually except for extra prizes at the end of the series for the winners.

Which reminds me that i still have yours and $ polos from last year........If only i thought of that last friday!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:50 am

keith johnson wrote:
They are pretty laid back out there and offer pretty much every age protected NOT! :mrgreen: /whatever divisions, so no worries about that, and you can definitely only play one of the series all year, they do payouts individually except for extra prizes at the end of the series for the winners.

If you wanna play pro masters by yourself, knock your socks off.

I am open to any divisions, i also allow novice, women and junior divisions to play with one or two people if need be!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:42 am

Ridesbrd wrote:
keith johnson wrote:

If you wanna play pro masters by yourself, knock your socks off.

I am open to any divisions, i also allow novice, women and junior divisions to play with one or two people if need be!

I know you will allow it, but after about 14 years old it's not as fun as playing with others. :shock:
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:48 am

Next series event this Saturday, from communications i am expecting a larger than normal turnout.......hope to see some of you out here.

We will be playing the Steady Ed first and the Jim Warner second, if you have any questions drop me an email.

jallind at pdga.com
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby dandaman » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:57 pm

IDGC! Augusta National has nothing on this tournament!
Bonus: No femenists blocking entrances.
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Oh yea did i mention the ace pool starts at $375?!?!?!?!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:11 pm

Clester Hornsby snagged the $419 ace fun yesterday. He aced hole 2 on the Jim Warner Course.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Sat May 29, 2010 9:34 am

Saturday June 12th is our next series event, it will be played on the WR Jackson and Ed Headrick all short.

We will also be unveiling our new mini disc golf course, the first nine holes is now ready for play. I will have the baskets out on this Saturday for people to play during the lunch break and after the round for a bit. The course has been cut, mini tee pads have been made, and also has been sprayed. This nine plays between the #1 tee for Headrick and #10 tee for Warner, has nice elevation changes and a mini water hazard. The second nine is nearing completion and is on the other side of the property inside the Jackson course.

PS- $ i tried to block your mini thumber shot on every hole i could.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby longneck » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Ridesbrd wrote:Saturday June 12th is our next series event, it will be played on the WR Jackson and Ed Headrick all short.

We will also be unveiling our new mini disc golf course, the first nine holes is now ready for play. I will have the baskets out on this Saturday for people to play during the lunch break and after the round for a bit. The course has been cut, mini tee pads have been made, and also has been sprayed. This nine plays between the #1 tee for Headrick and #10 tee for Warner, has nice elevation changes and a mini water hazard. The second nine is nearing completion and is on the other side of the property inside the Jackson course.

I am thinking about coming. will the junior division be offered and advanced grandmasters? My son and I plan on coming. If there is no juniors I guess rec since he will still be in the rec bracket. He has never played this course so.... rec is prob will he belongs.
longneck
Barney

Postby $Dollar$ » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:29 pm

Ridesbrd wrote:

Haha. No one gave the guys at The Grange a heads up when they designed their 9 hole mini course. The thumber brought home the trophy! They only had 1 or 2 par 3s on their course, but it was still pretty fun. Next time I'm at the IDGC I will set a course record for you guys to go after! :twisted:
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:57 pm

longneck wrote:I am thinking about coming. will the junior division be offered and advanced grandmasters? My son and I plan on coming. If there is no juniors I guess rec since he will still be in the rec bracket. He has never played this course so.... rec is prob will he belongs.

I was considering coming out and bringing my thirteen-year-old son also. Have to get clearance from the Central Scrutinizer (aka the wife) first, but would like him to have a chance to play another "real" tournament before heading up to Worlds at the end of the month.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:09 pm

I think Jason has said in the past that if people show the division opens.

Thinking about this one too, but 3 tournies in 3 weeks might be too much...
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:30 am

I will always open any Junior or womens divisions regardless on the number of players. I will say that this has not happened very much at any of the series events due to lower attendance/competition. Generally when this happens its a one person division just fyi.

As far as Adv Grands i would be willing to do it if you had 3 players, but generally the series players will not want to change divisions once the series has started due to points being awarded in their current division.

Hope to see you guys out here!!!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:28 pm

So, onsite day-of signup begins at 9 am? What time is cutoff? Any other guidance on time (i.e. what time things usually wrap up at the end of the day)? I'm still thinking about heading over, but probably won't be able to leave until that morning, and given that it's about 3 hours door to door, I sort of need to figure out how to plan.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:58 pm

945-950ish is the players meeting so signups end around then. This will probably be a longer day, esp since we are playing Jackson. Generally i am very quick with everything i need to do, and we are waiting on groups more than half the time. You will probably be out of here at 6ish thats giving 4hrs for Jackson, 1hr lunch, and 3 hrs for Headrick........
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Looks like my son Ari (13 y.o.) and I will be heading over. May both play Rec -- I'm mainly bringing him over to get another tournament on unfamiliar courses under his belt before Junior Worlds at the end of the month, so it's less about where he finishes than getting the experience.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments