Who Dat?

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Who Dat?

Postby Woodrow » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:17 am

Woodrow

Re: Who Dat?

Postby richardhead » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:51 am

After all these years they make it to a Super Bowl. Now they will lose to Mr. Manning.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby cnalbers » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:34 am

What a great game. I had just got done saying to my son, "It's not right that NO should lose, they are the best team in the NFL. I hope some miracle happens..." and that was seconds before the snap on MN 3 & 15 pass play... the last play before the inevitable field goal for the win... the one that ended in a miraculous interception by NO. Wow, what a finish (unlike that boring AFC game)!
Life without God, oh, and beer, is meaningless.
cnalbers
DX Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:09 pm

cnalbers wrote:they are the best team in the NFL.

I'll agree that the 2 best teams from this season are playing in the big game, but Indy is clearly the top of the class.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Steve Adams » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:07 pm

richardhead wrote:
cnalbers wrote:they are the best team in the NFL.

I'll agree that the 2 best teams from this season are playing in the big game, but Indy is clearly the top of the class.

Colts will be moving to Wichita in the dead of night after they lose the Super Bowl. Go Saints!!!
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Booooooooo Dem Saints.Thats ok though Payton the Man Manning gonna Beat Dem Saints.
The artist formerly Known As MiLeNkO.........
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:02 pm

cnalbers wrote:What a great game. I had just got done saying to my son, "It's not right that NO should lose, they are the best team in the NFL. I hope some miracle happens..." and that was seconds before the snap on MN 3 & 15 pass play... the last play before the inevitable field goal for the win... the one that ended in a miraculous interception by NO. Wow, what a finish (unlike that boring AFC game)!

No already had their Miracle.........Hurricane Katrina :shock: .Come on Betty two best teams No lost to Tampa Bay for crying out loud are you serious.If it wasnt for Peterson Brett Favre would be in the Super Bowl not Dem Loser Saints :lol: :twisted: .
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:23 pm

Hooked on Phonics worked for me. Just saying!!!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby cnalbers » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:16 pm

richardhead wrote:Hooked on Phonics worked for me. Just saying!!!

SLAM!
Life without God, oh, and beer, is meaningless.
cnalbers
DX Plastic

Postby edj42 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:24 pm

Woodrow, if talking about Saints football you should change your screen name to Woodreaux.... go Colts.
"When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."
edj42
DX Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:35 pm

richardhead wrote:Hooked on Phonics worked for me. Just saying!!!

Im glad to hear that I was starting to wonder if it would ever sink in.Living proof if it works for Mr.Head it can work for anyone :)
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby Randgolf » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:19 pm

I didn't believe in voodoo until I saw the NFC championships. 8 fumbles two interceptions = cursed :twisted:

Petersen still carried the ball like a popwarner kid. Tiki Barber corrected his problems with holding onto the ball. Will AP be able to get that worked out? Drew Brees is a freakin gun slinger.
Randgolf

Postby volsfandl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:52 pm

richardhead wrote:After all these years they make it to a Super Bowl. Now they will lose to Mr. Manning.

Check.
volsfandl
DX Plastic

Postby Steve Adams » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:52 pm

TomahawkChopper wrote:If it wasnt for Peterson Brett Favre would be in the Super Bowl not Dem Loser Saints :lol: :twisted: .

I could have sworn the person who threw that interception with less than 20 seconds in regulation was white and had a big 4 on his jersey :mrgreen:
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Steve Adams wrote:I could have sworn the person who threw that interception with less than 20 seconds in regulation was white and had a big 4 on his jersey :mrgreen:

You are correct sir!
It went something like this:

Yee Haa everybody! Watch this!!

Doh!

Not AGAIN!!

Not AGAIN!!!!

Who Dat!!!
Woodrow

Postby jonp » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Hamartia. The "tragic flaw" described by Aristotle: A leader cannot control his own inner shortcoming, which causes him to achieve the reverse of what he desired. In "Antigone," the king, Creon, tells himself he is acting in the interest of the city, when actually he is acting to glorify his own ego -- this hamartia destroys him. Brett Favre comes up a bit short of a character in ancient Thebes, but on Sunday he was brought low by hamartia all the same. It was not enough for Favre's team to reach the Super Bowl -- he had to get the credit. Game tied with 19 seconds remaining, Favre scrambled at about the New Orleans 40-yard line, with open field ahead of him. All he needed to do was run a few yards, hook-slide, call timeout, and the Vikings' strong-legged kicker, Ryan Longwell, had a solid chance to win the NFC championship. But the credit had to go to Favre; he had to throw a spectacular pass at the end, so television announcers would swoon. So he heave-hoed a dramatic across-the-field pass. It was intercepted, and the Saints won in overtime.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nfl
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Postby Steve Adams » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:45 pm

jonp wrote:Hamartia. Brett Favre comes up a bit short of a character ...on Sunday he was brought low by hamartia all the same. It was not enough for Favre's team to reach the Super Bowl -- he had to get the credit. Game tied with 19 seconds remaining, Favre scrambled at about the New Orleans 40-yard line, with open field ahead of him. All he needed to do was run a few yards, hook-slide, call timeout, and the Vikings' strong-legged kicker, Ryan Longwell, had a solid chance to win the NFC championship. But the credit had to go to Favre; he had to throw a spectacular pass at the end, so television announcers would swoon. So he heave-hoed a dramatic across-the-field pass. It was intercepted, and the Saints won in overtime.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nfl

Jeez Jon, does Favre owe you money or something?
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Postby Lewis » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:47 am

The last time the Vikings lost the NFC Championship with a game-ending field goal situation, it was to the Falcons. Congratulations, Minnesota. You've lost your last two NFC Championships to the worst two franchises in NFL history.
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:12 pm

Saints win!!!!

Dat's who !!!

Manning was heard calling Tebow for a shoulder to cry on....
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby haze » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Bring on Lombardi Gras !!!
haze
Barney

Postby Steve Adams » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:36 pm

Lewis wrote:The last time the Vikings lost the NFC Championship with a game-ending field goal situation, it was to the Falcons. Congratulations, Minnesota. You've lost your last two NFC Championships to the worst two franchises in NFL history.

Did Detriot go somewhere????
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Return to Q & A