Discatcher Minis to loan?

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Discatcher Minis to loan?

Postby 12StonesScott » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:53 am

I was wondering if there might be a handful of folks out there that have Discatcher Minis that might be willing to loan them to me for one day, Saturday, May 1, to use as centerpieces for the tables at my son's bar mitzvah luncheon. We're getting some custom-stamp minis done to give out as party favors, and thought that it'd be cool to have the baskets on the tables with the minis in them. Don't expect to use them outdoors or anything like that, and other than some risk of getting food or drink on them (which of course we'd clean), there shouldn't be any significant risk of damage. We'd make arrangements to pick them up and return them. I'm thinking that five or six of them would probably be enough. Would appreciate anyone who could let us borrow one or more -- just can't see paying $100 each to buy them myself (I'm probably going to buy him one as a present, but six would be a stretch).
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Re: Discatcher Minis to loan?

Postby gvan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:39 pm

You can use mine. Remind me before May though :)
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby 12StonesScott » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:21 pm

gvan wrote:You can use mine. Remind me before May though :)

Thank you sir! I'll check in with you sometime in April to make arrangements.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Are you gonna be on the West side of town any time soon? I have one you can use.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby 12StonesScott » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:52 pm

grease wrote:Are you gonna be on the West side of town any time soon? I have one you can use.

Not sure, but if I do head that way I'll let you know. Like I said, I don't really need it until April 30/May 1, so there's plenty of time. Thanks for the offer!
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby dandaman » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:41 pm

I have one you can borrow. Key word:borrow. You may borrow it and come pick it up at your convience. But I would prefer that it would be returned in a timely manner and it be conviently returned to me so I don't have any stress getting it back. :wink:
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Lofstrand » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:08 am

I had a mini basket at my wedding as a centerpiece on the grooms cake. It has a top circular panel that I could make a plate for. The plate on the top is currently wedding themed, but I would change it to something more Bar-mitz-va-ish if you like. I'll see you plenty of times between now & then, we'll talk.
PDGA#29514
Lofstrand
Pro Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:49 am

Lofstrand wrote:I had a mini basket at my wedding as a centerpiece on the grooms cake. It has a top circular panel that I could make a plate for. The plate on the top is currently wedding themed, but I would change it to something more Bar-mitz-va-ish if you like. I'll see you plenty of times between now & then, we'll talk.

Cool. Sounds good, thanks!
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:51 am

dandaman wrote:I have one you can borrow. Key word:borrow. You may borrow it and come pick it up at your convience. But I would prefer that it would be returned in a timely manner and it be conviently returned to me so I don't have any stress getting it back. :wink:

Will certainly do everything possible to make it stress-free for anyone generous enough to allow me to borrow one. Appreciate it.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Wookie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:28 am

I also have one that you can use. I am sure I will be at ERP before the end of April. :lol: Let's call it repayment for helping me break in my truck.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:09 am

For those of you who've volunteered to loan mini baskets, how many of you will be at Flyboy next weekend? I didn't think I could convince the wife to let me go down there, with the big day less than a month away and one remaining weekend completely taken up with the AO, but if I can combine it with picking up some of the baskets, I might be able to get down there on Saturday and possible take some pix while I'm there.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:14 am

I can bring mine Saturday.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby gvan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:10 pm

I won't be at Flyboy this time, but I can bring mint to the Atlanta Open, or to ERP sometime next week.
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby 12StonesScott » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:19 pm

gvan wrote:I won't be at Flyboy this time, but I can bring mint to the Atlanta Open, or to ERP sometime next week.

Cool. I'll be at ERP both days for the Atlanta Open -- at least for the morning hours on Sunday (will probably head up to Central for the final round). Thanks!
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:51 pm

OK. I think I have clearance to make the drive down to Flyboy next Saturday, pick up the baskets, and maybe take some photos while I'm there. I'll follow up by PM with everyone who's volunteered to see if they're going to be down there. Thanks again to everyone!
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Wookie » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:30 pm

I live close by and can be at ERP in a few minutes so let me know when ya wanna meet up, or I could drop it by your house if I go out to play this week.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Wookie wrote:I live close by and can be at ERP in a few minutes so let me know when ya wanna meet up, or I could drop it by your house if I go out to play this week.

Sounds good -- I'll definitely be out to run Monday night singles, and I work from home so I'm almost always around. Give me a shout if you're headed over this way. See your PM for phone number.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Mon May 03, 2010 1:36 am

Many thanks to Andrew, Dan M., Grease, Scott H., Gerrit, Bob Pressley, and Wookie for loaning us baskets, and to Wade Selph for loaning us the ScorePointe, for the bar mitzvah lunch. Andrew also created some custom number-plates for the two DGA baskets, which worked great. It was a huge success -- Ari loved it, and we even made at least one new disc golfer out of an older relative who was so interested, we ended up going straight from the lunch to ERP to play 18 holes before the evening party.

Here's some pix:

I'll get the baskets back to their respective owners as soon as possible. If you're going to be at singles or doubles at ERP this week, let me know and I'll make sure to get the baskets back to you then. Look for PMs from me soon to work out details.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Return to Q & A