Fundraiser Tournament in Milledgeville

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Fundraiser Tournament in Milledgeville

Postby James Powell » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:53 pm

We will be holding a fundraiser tournament in Milledgeville on March 27. All proceeds will go to expanding our course. We will play 2 rounds of 18-20 holes and lunch will be provided. I will also give away prizes for CTP's, etc. Fee will be $20. Come on out and support disc golf south of I-20! I will provide a flyer and updated information as it nears. Let me know if you have any questions.

James Powell
PDGA# 21329
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Re: Fundraiser Tournament in Milledgeville

Postby luke » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:08 am

I'll definitely try to make this. Thank you James for your efforts in helping establish "middle Georgia" disc golf.
luke
Star Plastic

Postby James Powell » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:17 am

Thanks, Luke. See you at the Monty next week.
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:36 am

so baesed on the DGcouresereviews.....is this pretty much a mini White Oak???
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby James Powell » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:14 pm

Can't make comparison to White Oaks, haven't played it yet. The original layout here is shorter, but I am planning on a different, longer layout that should satisfy the longer throwers. Expect a good mixture of holes, with lots of elevation changes. I guarantee a fun day of disc golf, with prizes and free lunch. Come out and give it a try. I think Wookie, Luke, and Cricky would vouch for the course. We had a great time at the Ice Bowl last year, and that was just one round.
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Postby luke » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:25 pm

I enjoyed the layout that plays over sometimes what you could call "distressed" land---little hills that kinda fold into each other, and a lot of them. I can't compare the place to White Oak, except to say there's plenty of elevation change and a variety of shots. I think James may be changing the layout a bit, but not sure. James?
luke
Star Plastic

Postby James Powell » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:03 am

It will be a similar, but different layout from the Ice Bowl. There will some new holes in the mix that I think everyone will enjoy.
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Postby James Powell » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:19 pm

I talked to Doug Oetter at Georgia College and we have decided to run a joint tournament on March 27th. (No, not that kind of joint) We will play a round of 18-20 holes at Rolling Hills, then play the Myrtle Ridge course at the college for the second round after lunch. I plan on providing lunch for everyone, plus prizes for CTP's. Cost will be $20, all of which will go to course improvement. If you haven't played the course at the college, they now have 15 playable holes. Come out and support disc golf south of I-20 and bring a friend. If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer here. I will release more information as we get closer.

Thanks,
James Powell
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments