Savannah Open

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Savannah Open

Postby Lofstrand » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:35 pm

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9727
http://savannahdiscgolf.com/docs/SO_10_flyer.pdf

January 16-17. 3 rounds. PDGA B-Tier event. George Shaw runs this great Savannah event.
Who's else is going???? Field is capped at 90 players.
I heard that there are new gold tees for Pro divisions and a sweet looking elevated basket now on the par 5 hole #4.
Should be a fun weekend.

-Andrew Lofstrand
PDGA#29514
Lofstrand
Pro Plastic

Re: Savannah Open

Postby keith johnson » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Lofstrand wrote:http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9727
Who's else is going???? Field is capped at 90 players.
-Andrew Lofstrand

Look at your own posted link. :lol:
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Lofstrand » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:43 pm

Holy crap... I never thought to click on the link. Thanks Keith.
PDGA#29514
Lofstrand
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:46 pm

No problem - I'm here to help. :lol:
keith johnson

Postby richardhead » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:36 am

FULL!!!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Congrats to Vach who destroyed the course and the competition to win the 2010 Savannah Open. Lots of rain yesterday, today was nice but the course was half flooded
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:24 pm

Check+New Tee's are gay.

Congrats to Vach, Dollar, and Josh Childs for being on the lead card ahead of some big name players.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Big Red » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:13 am

Yeah new tees are terrible and once again round two has to be finished on Sunday morning! How about why? I have many more questions but why bother. Hell of a win for Vach over some real soldiers.
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Wookie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:50 am

We had the same thing happen in 06. It rained so bad that week and the morning of the first round that we didn't finish the second and had to start it back up on Sunday. It changed from a 4 round to a 3 round tournament, but at least we got home sooner on Sunday.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby jonp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:54 am

something looks whack with the second round ratings :shock:
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Postby richardhead » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:56 am

All of the ratings are whack. Look at the Intermediates, every one of them shot 1000 rated rounds. With that weather Vach's 58's should be in the 1035-1045 range.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby jonp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:01 am

Bootsie's look right
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Postby Big Red » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:46 am

Yeah, hopefully that will get fixed. I got to enjoy Bootsies second round for 13 holes of random throwing and breaking of the rules repeatedly before he finally quit. I wish he would have either finished or quit on the second hole but the fact that we had to deal with that for 13 holes and then he quit was very anger inspiring.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Big Red wrote:Yeah, hopefully that will get fixed. I got to enjoy Bootsies second round for 13 holes of random throwing and breaking of the rules repeatedly before he finally quit. I wish he would have either finished or quit on the second hole but the fact that we had to deal with that for 13 holes and then he quit was very anger inspiring.

Darn I missed another installment of Bootsies Blow-ups. I really would like to move to pro to be in Bootsies group. I want to see the antics up close and personal like that time he beat the ever-living crap outta that tree on 2 at erp. And then their is the time when he took a limb and repeatedly smashed 10's basket. Also when we played a round together and he made us start over 3 times on hole one just to move to hole 10 to start over two more times so he could start with a par. I parred all the shots until the seventh time when he finally did, i took my bogey and moved along.

Bootsie this is for you (although you most likely will never read this). Please continue to spend your money on these tournys and quit. It really makes you look like a jack hole bro. You obviously don't care. Your emotional intelligence is that of a seven year old. Are you serious? No really man, wtf is wrong with you. If we happen to play in a tournament together and you act like a child again I will deal with you accordingly(w/o the immediate knowledge of the td). :roll: :evil:
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Keith, what happened?
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby djester » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Bootsie Bowl
New Years Resolution: 0
Old ways: 1 (wins)

Seriously, he is a cool guy during regular rounds. Hope he will continue to work on things.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby richardhead » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:33 pm

grease wrote:Keith, what happened?

Way to go Grease, you've opened the soap box. I really don't think there is enough space on the message board for the explanation that is forth coming.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby mr.disc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:57 pm

= War and Peace. :shock: :!:
"Feared by deer, Adored by women"
mr.disc
Champion Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:12 pm

richardhead wrote:All of the ratings are whack. Look at the Intermediates, every one of them shot 1000 rated rounds. With that weather Vach's 58's should be in the 1035-1045 range.

They have it up like everyone played the same tees. What a joke. Make us play that ridiculous crap,in that ridiculous crap, and they cant even remember we played them long enough to put the scores in correctly. Be sure and bring LED lights if you ever plan on playing this, because they will make you play in the rain at night for 30 minutes until your last hole, but stop now you have to finish your round in the morning! You also might want to bring a life-jacket because you have to wade through the fairways.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:05 pm

It's like that almost every year, but I still go back. I loved the configuration last year. Those new tees are jank and I hope they don't use them in the future. As for the river that runs through the course, not much they can do there. It does make it tough when you are standing in a foot of water trying to make a 25' putt. There's word circulating that they are going to use both courses next year. Which will help with time because then we can play foursomes with a 72 player cap at each course.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:06 pm

Did the host hotel have fresh doughnuts as part of their continental breakfast?

Congrats Vach!!
Last edited by VERMIN on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:08 pm

Congrats on the win Vach and great showing by some Atlanta folk.

I wish I knew that players could suspend play. Probably would have shot 4 strokes better on the last few holes in the dark. Oh well...I guess I learned my lesson.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby Lofstrand » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:37 pm

VERMIN wrote:Did the host hotel have fresh doughnuts as part of their continental breakfast?

Yes, and a waffle machine.
PDGA#29514
Lofstrand
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:55 pm

grease wrote:Keith, what happened?

With my score? - I had fun playing OPEN with the people's champ the first round even in the rain, Had fun the second round with the Lovely Ladies of Disc golf in the afternoon deluge, and had fun playing in the 18 hole lake during the 3rd round with Matlack and Jay.
I went in not really caring about score as I figured I had to play A+ to be middle of the pack anyways, and looked at this as a vacation with the family, and seeing old friends i only get to see once a year there.

End of story - sorry to my fans expecting more writing.
keith johnson

Postby grease » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:32 pm

I thought that maybe you injured yourself. Bootsie almost beat you! Glad you had fun.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Never been a wet weather golfer - You've seen that firsthand at Deerlick when we played together in that round 2 years ago.
keith johnson

Postby $Dollar$ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:19 am

So the ratings have been adjusted, and yet they have still failed to enter in all the data correctly. They still have it like the ADV Women played the long tees the last round. I doubt the pro scores will change unless they adjust rnd 2 because of the monsoon.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:26 am

It still seems like they have the course par screwed up. I thought it was 62 from the blacks and 65 from the golds. Should have Vach way better then E.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Big Red » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:02 am

The second round certainly seems off. Those rounds should be higher because of the rain.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Big Red » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 am

Well, maybe not, hell I don't know.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Big Red wrote:The second round certainly seems off. Those rounds should be higher because of the rain.

I think so
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby BATMAN11348 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:45 am

Congrats to Vach for the win in Sav. Also Team monkey Dust Josh and Dollar for not letting them non Ga players come in and take all the money home with them...lol Dont you just love playing in the rain.....
I AM NOT CRAZY...JUST A LITTLE BATTY
BATMAN11348
DX Plastic

Postby Mike D » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Big Red wrote:Yeah, hopefully that will get fixed. I got to enjoy Bootsies second round for 13 holes of random throwing and breaking of the rules repeatedly before he finally quit. I wish he would have either finished or quit on the second hole but the fact that we had to deal with that for 13 holes and then he quit was very anger inspiring.

Bootsie = Adam Johnson... Right??

If so, Why was he even playing?

According to the PDGA disciplinary page, He is on suspension starting on 1/7/2010.

Can you still play sanctioned events when you are on suspension?
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby Big Red » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:46 pm

I thought he was on probation? There are two people suspended for playing while suspended, one for 10 years and the other for 5. So we may not be seeing bootsie for a while it looks like.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Mike D » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:18 pm

From PDGA disciplinary page...

Begin End Status Name PDGA State/Infraction Decision

1/7/2010 10/7/2010 Suspension Adam Johnson 32870 GA / unsportsmanlike 3 Month suspension+ 6 month probation
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:58 pm

Well since the PDGA just updated that sheet on the 14th and tourney was just a couple days later I am sure that the TD nor anyone else for that matter was aware. Based on the previous disciplinary actions (found here) he was on a six month probation from 5/20/2009 to 11/12/2009 for inappropriate behavior. Apparently it became a suspension on the 14th.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby Bootsie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:26 pm

red i never did anything thing that entire round except say 2 words. to most people when a person doesnt say much that usually is a good thing to those playing and second i took a penalty once when i putted a 15 foot putt that i missed for birdie that was it. all i did that round was to try to stay out of everyones way and move fast to not hold everyone up. i quit were i did cause it was back on the front and i didnt want to leave you guys in a 4 some so when i saw there wasnt anyone in front for a couple of holes and no one behind i didnt think it was going to effect the speed and hold up the group. if i affected your round please explain because i honestly tried not to . my apologizes sincerely.
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby Big Red » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:20 pm

Bootsie wrote:red i never did anything thing that entire round except say 2 words. to most people when a person doesnt say much that usually is a good thing to those playing and second i took a penalty once when i putted a 15 foot putt that i missed for birdie that was it. all i did that round was to try to stay out of everyones way and move fast to not hold everyone up. i quit were i did cause it was back on the front and i didnt want to leave you guys in a 4 some so when i saw there wasnt anyone in front for a couple of holes and no one behind i didnt think it was going to effect the speed and hold up the group. if i affected your round please explain because i honestly tried not to . my apologizes sincerely.

It didn't affect my round for the most part. It is hard to stay focused when someone is doing what you were doing but honestly I don't have too much of a problem with that as I got used to it and blocked it out. It was bothering everyone else in the group more than me. I was just annoyed that you did that for 13 holes and then quit? I just couldn't understand why you would do that and really still don't. Our round would have been much faster if you had quit back 11 holes before when you gave up and just started throwing it around. I am glad you did at this point though because that allowed us to finish the round before dark. The part about breaking the rules is because on two or three occasions you threw a shot and then retrieved the disc to rethrow it. That was extremely annoying and against the rules to the best of my knowledge although I haven't looked it up. I have nothing personal against you and honeslty have argued for you in the past and really don't think you should be suspended or on probation or whatever anyway. I just wish you would finish the round in a legit fashion or quit early, that's all.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Big Red wrote: I have nothing personal against you and honeslty have argued for you in the past and really don't think you should be suspended or on probation or whatever anyway. I just wish you would finish the round in a legit fashion, that's all.

Ditto. And don't quit.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby Big Red » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:23 pm

Don't quote me and then edit the quote! I don't care if he quits or not. That is just more of disc golf's totalitarian close-minded nonsense. Instead of trying to control whether someone quits or not how about being "open" like disc golfers have always preached. If he pays his money for what possible reason could anyone in their right mind care if he quits or not? Like I have always said disc golfers are absolutely the most close minded and controlling people I have ever been around. It is getting better but here is evidence that it's still alive and well. Nazism anyone.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Jeez buddy. You said several things in your post so I edit it to show you and others which part of the conversation I am responding to, thats all. I agreed with you about Bootsie and then said my opinions on quiting. Money or no money who wants to start playing a game with someone who quits. I want to compete against an opponent who plays to the end of the game. Let us compare scores, pay are bets, and have some fun thats all buddy. Luckily we have 70 other competitors to do this with.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:02 pm

It's funny how you two (Kade and Red) where fed up, not gonna take it anymore,
report him violating suspension and then open a can of woopass(Kade) if he does
it again, then as soon as Bootzilla responds calmly you roll over and let him scratch
your bellies like a couple of puppies. Sorry Bootsie, whether you keep to yourself or
have a complete break up, it affects the other players. Also, when you think you are
keeping it to yourself, you are not. Multiple small bursts of anger are no different than
one huge one. I've experienced both from you during tournament and casual play and
it's not pleasant. Now,talk amongst yourselves, I'm vaklempt!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby kade.erp » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:30 pm

grease wrote:It's funny how you two (Kade and Red) where fed up, not gonna take it anymore,
it again, then as soon as Bootzilla responds calmly you roll over and let him scratch
your bellies like a couple of puppies.

Read my original post again grease b/c apparently you missed something. I am fed up. I will open a can and I will not report any of it. :P Agreeing with some of Red's sentiments is far from rolling over.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Pot stirred! see you guys at White Oak Sat. hopefully.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Big Red » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:12 am

grease wrote:It's funny how you two (Kade and Red) where fed up, not gonna take it anymore,
your bellies like a couple of puppies. Sorry Bootsie, whether you keep to yourself or
have a complete break up, it affects the other players. Also, when you think you are
keeping it to yourself, you are not. Multiple small bursts of anger are no different than
one huge one. I've experienced both from you during tournament and casual play and
it's not pleasant. Now,talk amongst yourselves, I'm vaklempt!

Yeah, clearly you missed a lot. I never said I was "fed up" and "not gonna take it anymore" or that I was going to "report him violating suspension." I said I was annoyed by the situation and that I didn't understand why he did what did and you read all that into it. That's just sad. I would say 99% of the time I say exactly what I think and I don't care who reads it. This thread didn't fall into that other 1%.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Big Red » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:14 am

kade.erp wrote:Jeez buddy. You said several things in your post so I edit it to show you and others which part of the conversation I am responding to, thats all. I agreed with you about Bootsie and then said my opinions on quiting. Money or no money who wants to start playing a game with someone who quits. I want to compete against an opponent who plays to the end of the game. Let us compare scores, pay are bets, and have some fun thats all buddy. Luckily we have 70 other competitors to do this with.

The problem I had Kade is that you changed what I wrote in that one line by taking out "or quit early."
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:15 am

When someone in a group quits, not only do the histrionics mess things up for the remaining players, but it also messes up the flow. Often they are having to wait to throw throughout the round. I guess that is just a part of golf though - having to overcome various mental aspects of the game. I guess some of us are able to handle adversity with more dignity and self control than others...
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Big Red » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:31 am

This time there were no hysterics. Which is what I'm talking about. I don't have a problem with someone quietly quiting and walking away. If they are screaming and losing control that's another thing.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:19 pm

I think that next time someone in your group is having
a meltdown, no matter how angry they are, you should
just walk over to them and give them a hug.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:52 pm

I would suggest giving them a moment first...
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby gvan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm

grease wrote:I think that next time someone in your group is having
a meltdown, no matter how angry they are, you should
just walk over to them and give them a hug.

Well look who's an elf today!
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby grease » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:55 pm

Funky Bobby J wrote:I would suggest giving them a moment first...

Nope! I think grab them when they are maddest and play rodeo clown!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments