New Course Development

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

New Course Development

Postby jb22384 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:46 am

Has there been any discussion of possibly developing a course in Hall County? I'm wondering if there would be any interest in it, and how the process for developing new courses works.
jb22384
Barney

Re: New Course Development

Postby SlingShot » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:29 am

SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:51 am

There used to be an object course back in the 90's. I can't remember where it was. Over by Gainesville High, I think. I live in Jackson County, what park are you considering?
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby BAM » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:25 am

Gainesville collage is interested in one, they have contacted me about surveying the land,, I have not had a chance to meet up with the director, every time we have scheduled a meeting time it has rained.
some one close to that area may want to contact Warren Caputo to assist.
BAM
DX Plastic

Postby jb22384 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:01 pm

richardhead wrote:There used to be an object course back in the 90's. I can't remember where it was. Over by Gainesville High, I think. I live in Jackson County, what park are you considering?

I've never heard of an object course in Gainesville, but I guess it's possible it's still there. I'm not really sure of which park. Most of the parks inside the city are very small, but several of the county parks look like they could work.

BAM wrote:Gainesville collage is interested in one, they have contacted me about surveying the land,, I have not had a chance to meet up with the director, every time we have scheduled a meeting time it has rained.
some one close to that area may want to contact Warren Caputo to assist.

Who is Warren Caputo? I live in Gainesville, but I really have very little understanding as to how this whole process works. I'm more than willing to help in any way, but I'm not sure what I can do, or what actually needs to be done.

Any suggestions/advice/instructions on what I can do would be helpful. I think it would be great to have a nice course here in Hall County, but I know very little about how new courses are proposed or developed. So if I can do anything help or get the ball rolling let me know.
jb22384
Barney

Postby grease » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:04 pm

All of the guys pictured in slingshot's post will charge you 45-50 an hour to design a course.
PM richardhead and maybe the two of you can figure out who you need to contact. I would be
willing to help with the design also.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby SlingShot » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:56 pm

Yeah I don't suggest hiring those guys but there is some good information there. Lots of local golfers (myself included) will help at no charge if you need a course design help. There are plenty of guys in the ATL area with good experience.
Andrew Jenkins
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby jb22384 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:36 am

I emailed Warren Caputo from Gainesville State College about a course on their campus. His replied that, "I am attempting to get something accomplished, but have had great difficulty in coordinating with the consultant referred to me". I am not sure who the consultant referred to him was, but hopefully they can get on the same page. Any suggestions on other things I can do to help with the process, or should I just be patient and wait?
jb22384
Barney

Postby SlingShot » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:46 am

Be the NEW consultant. 8) Obviously the other person is not following through.
Andrew Jenkins
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby BAM » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:45 pm

but have had great difficulty in coordinating with the consultant referred to me". I am not sure who the consultant referred to him was,

I am the Guy.
BAM
DX Plastic

Postby jb22384 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:35 am

BAM wrote:
I am the Guy.

i'm probably not qualified to act as a disc golf course consultant, but can I do anything to help?
jb22384
Barney

Postby Woodrow » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:44 am

jb22384 wrote:i'm probably not qualified to act as a disc golf course consultant, but can I do anything to help?
That hasn't stopped some others.... :roll: Helping to secure a 'reputable' designer would be a GREAT start. There are a few in the area.
Woodrow

Postby jb22384 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:10 am

like who? and where can i find their contact info?
jb22384
Barney

Postby BAM » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:03 pm

Any advanced player in the area could assist Warren Caputo from Gainesville State College about the course on their campus.
Basically they need someone to confirm how much disc golfable land is on campus. They are aware of the cost and budget already, They are dealing directly with Innova on the supplies. Innova Directed them to me, because of my involvement in the north east area. Mr. Caputo just need's to know if 18 hole will fit the layout of the land.
I can also give you many leads to other park directors in the northeast that I have contacted.
There are many ways to get a course started. the biggest hurdle any of you will face is budget.
However You can get a basic course started for under 3grand.

If you would like to speak with me first and get all the details fell free to pm me, and I will send you my #
BAM
DX Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:06 am

Hey. I'm 30 minutes away from G-ville State and could help out some as well. I met with the Dawson County Parks and Rec and convinced them to put a course in Dawson in under an hour. I still have Innova brochures. I know for a fact G-State and Lanier Tech's campuses can fit 18 holes because I used to go there. It would be like Central Park where the course surrounds the campus and then goes into the woods for some too.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Return to Q & A