Lake pump cleaning.

Paulding County - Dallas, GA

Moderators: Mike D, ADGO BOD

Lake pump cleaning.

Postby bonofrey » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:01 pm

Does anyone know when they are supposed to clean the pump and drain for the pond? Someone mentioned to me they were going to fix it soon.
bonofrey
Barney

Re: Lake pump cleaning.

Postby Mike D » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:08 pm

They did it once already,

Is is clogged again?
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby bonofrey » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:41 pm

There was just a ton of debris at the spillway and it had started to flood again. It looks like it may be draining because the creek behind 14 is about 4 feet deep where it is normally about 6 inches. I also wasn't sure how long it normally takes the pond to go down after it drains out. I wanted to try and help out with some way to keep the pallets from drifting back into the lake every time it rains. would it be ok to strand rope though the pallets and tie them off to the nearest trees or would the ranger get upset. I'll buy the rope but I wanted to make sure it was alright before I did it.
bonofrey
Barney

Postby Mike D » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:17 am

bonofrey,

String rope through them sounds like a good idea. Go ahead and do it.

The Parks & Rec dept gives us a pretty free hand on this course as long as we run it by them first. I have checked with them on the rope and they said it should be OK.

Thank you for your help at White Oak, it is appreciated.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby O4PETESAKE » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:30 pm

If you are going to tie them together, I would be happy to help with that. PM me so we can set up a time to meet.
Disc
Golf, WO 30157
O4PETESAKE
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:38 pm

Someone cleaned the drain yesterday. As mentioned, the creek behind hole 14 was raging.
The pond was about a foot or so over the spill pipe yesterday, but should be down by today.
I would imagine the creek behind 14 is pretty much back to normal by now also. Hopefully,
P&R will monitor this as it causes problems around holes 10 and 11 also.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby bonofrey » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:45 am

Still waiting on this rain to stop so I can get started roping the pallets. I spoke with a friend of mine who plays also and his son is a boy scout. I asked him about his son's troop earning badges for service by helping us build a permanent trail bridge instead of pallets. He is going to speak with the troop leader and the troop leader plays as well. He also mentioned that any of the young men who want to earn eagle scout could pour concrete tee pads as well. This would be an awesome opportunity to promote the sport as well as get help with the course. It also adds nicer walking paths for people who simply like to hike. He said the only thing we need to provide is the building materials and supervision. Let me know if you think this would be something worth looking further into before any commitments are made.
bonofrey
Barney

Postby kade.erp » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:50 am

bonofrey wrote:He also mentioned that any of the young men who want to earn eagle scout could pour concrete tee pads as well. This would be an awesome opportunity to promote the sport as well as get help with the course.

Yes this is a great idea! Please follow up! 8)
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby O4PETESAKE » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:28 pm

bonofrey wrote:He said the only thing we need to provide is the building materials and supervision. Let me know if you think this would be something worth looking further into before any commitments are made.

Did somebody raise the money for all these cement pads? If we did already, then no point in us hosting a tee pad fundraiser in January. Otherwise, there is nothing to commit to.
Disc
Golf, WO 30157
O4PETESAKE
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:04 pm

I think the catch here is the scouts would be willing to help with pouring the pads, not
finance them. Bonofrey kinda left that part out.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby bonofrey » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:25 pm

Sorry about leaving that part out. They would be willing workers and we would provide supplies. I still have to get measurements of the area anyway.
bonofrey
Barney

Postby Mike D » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:19 am

Someone may want to double-check with the scouts.

Usually when an Eagle scout does his project, it is up to the scout to raise the funds also.

A raised walkway/boardwalk between 17's tee and basket through the "swamp" would be awesome.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby bonofrey » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:30 pm

I had some free time today so my son went with me and made what we hope to be a temporary fix until we can get some scouts out there. The pallets should be secure for now. I also noticed a bunch of pallets from 14 to 15 as well as some more pallets that someone used to try and make a bridge to the little island on 16, i hope to retrieve them and use them around 11 to 12. It's pretty mucky there too.
bonofrey
Barney

Return to White Oak Park