The PDGA at work

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

The PDGA at work

Postby Big Red » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:03 pm

A summary of changes for this year include:
• Creation of a PDGA Online Sanctioning Agreement.
• Rules Proficiency Exam required for all participants of National Tour (NT) events.
• Creation of a Pro Senior Legends Division for competitors 75+ years old.
• Modification of target requirements for PDGA Sanctioned Events. (See Table 2)

Yeah that's just what we needed. Here is the PDGA at work for you. And we wonder why this game hasn't hit the mainstream yet. :roll:
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Re: The PDGA at work

Postby VERMIN » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:20 pm

At 75+ you are just thankful for a steady stream and not to be woken up too much at night by having to go often
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:43 pm

Big Red wrote:A summary of changes for this year include:
• Creation of a PDGA Online Sanctioning Agreement.
• Rules Proficiency Exam required for all participants of National Tour (NT) events.
• Creation of a Pro Senior Legends Division for competitors 75+ years old.
• Modification of target requirements for PDGA Sanctioned Events. (See Table 2)

Yeah that's just what we needed. Here is the PDGA at work for you. And we wonder why this game hasn't hit the mainstream yet. :roll:

1st - this has nothing to do why our shabby-ass sport is not main stream
2nd - why do you even care - we are talking about probably less than 100 folks in the US (which I agree is a bit futile, but if it makes an 80 year old happy - hey, they made it to 80 and still play disc golf - they earned it)
3rd - ball golf has a similar deal too to appeal to the old buzzards - and no one but the old buzzards care about it

Seems like getting worked up about nothing...
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Big Red » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:06 pm

I agree. I was wondering who would be the first to defend the indefensible. I am not worked up over it in the slightest; I actually think it's funny. I just thought the readers of this board should be aware of what their dues are going toward creating. Golf has a champions tour that begins at fifty and a handful of other special events for older players. Golf has never done anything even vaguely as silly as a division for 75 year old men in its long and storied history.
Last edited by Big Red on Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Big Red » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:09 pm

Oh, and the PDGA wasting time on asinine crap like this is a big part of why this game isn't at least bigger and richer than it is.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:51 pm

Even the PGA has a Super Senior's tour for players over 70. For the droves of George Archer fans, he is still out there pluggin' away. It is good to know that when Dollar turns 75, we'll all be able to watch him go out and throw 90 foot thumbers because there is a "special" division just for him.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:54 pm

AND - I'll bet you a dollar to donut some big contributer suggested it. There are some pretty old guys on the larger contributions list. Not saying it is right or wrong...just sayin' - money often makes certain things priorities that arn't.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:34 pm

75+ ... Now that's what I called an Age Protected division... Only 5 years of age seperate the Senior Legend from the Legend division.
I guess someone could drop down and play some 70-74 year old's and feel like they kicked butt against the youngsters.

AM's don't don't get a Legend or Sr Legend Classification - Once you hit Sr Grandmaster you have reached the last level of bagging and may finally have to turn Pro :shock:
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Big Red » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Funky Bobby J wrote:Even the PGA has a Super Senior's tour for players over 70. For the droves of George Archer fans, he is still out there pluggin' away. It is good to know that when Dollar turns 75, we'll all be able to watch him go out and throw 90 foot thumbers because there is a "special" division just for him.

I hate to break it to you Bob but George Archer is dead. If you have seen him playing lately you need to call Art Bell.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby DD » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Big Red wrote:
Funky Bobby J wrote:Even the PGA has a Super Senior's tour for players over 70. For the droves of George Archer fans, he is still out there pluggin' away. It is good to know that when Dollar turns 75, we'll all be able to watch him go out and throw 90 foot thumbers because there is a "special" division just for him.

I hate to break it to you Bob but George Archer is dead. If you have seen him playing lately you need to call Art Bell.

Fatality Slam.
Dave Douglas
DD
DX Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:48 pm

He's been in the Dead+ Division since 2005. It's not a age protected Division though. :cry:
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Funky Bobby J wrote:AND - I'll bet you a dollar to donut some big contributer suggested it. There are some pretty old guys on the larger contributions list. Not saying it is right or wrong...just sayin' - money often makes certain things priorities that arn't.

That would be Stancil Johnson probably. I guess now he can be umpteen time world champion like Sylvia Voakes because he has no competitors.
Look for his signature disc from Innova, the Backup.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:44 pm

...I see dead people....you know the feeling of the hair standing on the back of your neck...it's them

I just remember him as the first super senior tour winner/champion or something...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:15 pm

George Archer became the first man to win on the Senior PGA Tour (now the Champions Tour) after having a hip replacement. In total he won nineteen times on the Senior Tour between 1989 and 2000, but he did not win a senior major.

He is also the only player in Champions Tour history to win a tournament in all decades of its existence.

Archer is considered one of the game's all-time great putters, and at one time held the PGA Tour record for fewest putts over four rounds with 95 putts at the 1980 Sea Pines Heritage Classic.

________________________________________________________________________________________

On a side note I am still in the office tonight so I thought I would do some George Archer research for everyone. And doesn't Champions Tour sound alot sexier than Legends Tour :?:

VERMIN
Star Plastic

Return to Q & A