How lucky we are.

Fayette County - Fayetteville, Ga

Moderators: SlingShot, ADGO BOD

How lucky we are.

Postby IcebergSlimD » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:46 pm

I would just like to point out how lucky we are to have a County Rec Department that takes care of its parks. I played J.P. Mosely on Sunday and the grass was so high that I could not see my disc without standing literally on top of it. In some places, the grass was almost knee high! So next time you are out on the course, make sure to thank the guys who are cutting the grass and doing general upkeep around the park. It is because of them that we get to have such an enjoyable experience at McCurry.
IcebergSlimD
DX Plastic

Re: How lucky we are.

Postby provino » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:40 am

Luck is for Losers :mrgreen:
provino
DX Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:45 am

It is because your course is directly affected by everything thats why your course gets maintained.If the disc golf course was across the street and not part of the park I doubt they would take as much care of it like they do now.Plus Moseley is the Biggest course of them all it literally takes DAYS to cut.
The artist formerly Known As MiLeNkO.........
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby dandaman » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:46 pm

I don't usually take pride in my course by bashing another...How lucky I am. Oh and what Joey said as well. :?
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:21 pm

Nothing special in either case. Just sayin.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:41 pm

richardhead wrote:Nothing special in either case. Just sayin.

Well thanks for just sayin', because nobody asked.

Your opinion will be validated when YOU provide something valid to be enjoyed.

These wiseass remarks of yours just confirm how negative you are and how little you have done for the state of disc golf in this community.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:56 pm

10-4. You really shut me up there. You people act like JP Moseley is the greatest course around and it's my opinion that it's not. I think it's boring and lacks imagination. It just goes to show that anybody can install a course (Chuck Smith, Dandaman), but not every course is enjoyable and worth the drive to play. Thanks for your efforts, but I'll do without. When will you be validated, because from what I've seen you haven't provided anything that can be enjoyed.

I really could care less about the state of disc golf. Some people play, others install, and yet others contribute with sponsorships and such. I prefer the first and the last. That way people like me can't bitch at me for wasting time and money. As long as there is free reign for ANYONE to design and install courses we will be limited to what they provide. It's my opinion that there should be training and technical standards in place before any person is allowed to waste tax payers money. JUST SAYING......since I was asked!!!!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby provino » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:15 pm

I think its time to up dickheads meds. Just sayin' :idea:
provino
DX Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:27 pm

So sorry that I exercise my right to free speech. All of this should have been on the JP thread because I've never even played McCurry. I've heard from countless people that it's not worth the trip.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby provino » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:30 pm

Kewl, more room for me :twisted:
provino
DX Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:45 pm

Word on the street is that there's plenty of room for your kind out at Oregon too.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby provino » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Actually I play courses all over Georgia. I like them all except Victor Lord; it just sux. I can also say that I could find fault in every course but I chose not to because I just like discgolf and all the people that work hard on their courses.
provino
DX Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:22 pm

Okie Dokie
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby provino » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:25 pm

Smokie :D
provino
DX Plastic

Postby IcebergSlimD » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 pm

dandaman wrote:I don't usually take pride in my course by bashing another...How lucky I am. Oh and what Joey said as well. :?

Commenting on the grass height is bashing the course? I'm sorry that I hit what appears to be a big sore spot for you but I was not bashing your course. Instead I was just commenting on how great it is that Fayette County takes the time and puts in the effort to keep McCurry Park in great condition pretty much all the time. I think it has been made very clear on the J.P. thread that the group of guys who work on the course have nothing to do with the grass and I'm sure that when the grass is of reasonable height then the course is a great one to play, but I, like most people, don't like to have to search for a disc that is sitting in the middle of the fairway. That is all.
IcebergSlimD
DX Plastic

Postby SlingShot » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:01 am

It is true that McCurry is one of the most well manicured courses around. It is also true that the park is a mixed used park and this is a large part of why they keep up with the grass there. They are doing alot for the disc golfers out there and with enough support (organizing a league, Running monthly action/club events, maybe another tourney other than GSSS) we may see another course in our future. So show as much support and thanks to the county workers as you can.
Andrew Jenkins
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby dandaman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:37 am

Barnie wrote:I really could care less about the state of disc golf.

Well at least with this statment we all know how valuable your input really is here.

Barnie wrote:It's my opinion that there should be training and technical standards in place before any person is allowed to waste tax payers money...

Good one but didn't you earler state that "I could really care less about the state of disc golf."? Sorry the statements seem to contradict one another. Oh and BTW, when you put forth an effort of being willing to do something for another, like say help a county update thier course, install all their baskets, redesign the entire course, ward off vandalism, promote tournamnets, encourarge local citizenship participation, AND be willing to do so for free, how is this wasting taxpayers money?

Barnie wrote:JUST SAYING......since I was asked!!!!

Ummm.....once again- No you were not.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:39 am

IcebergSlimD wrote:
dandaman wrote:I don't usually take pride in my course by bashing another...How lucky I am. Oh and what Joey said as well. :?

Commenting on the grass height is bashing the course? I'm sorry that I hit what appears to be a big sore spot for you but I was not bashing your course. Instead I was just commenting on how great it is that Fayette County takes the time and puts in the effort to keep McCurry Park in great condition pretty much all the time. I think it has been made very clear on the J.P. thread that the group of guys who work on the course have nothing to do with the grass and I'm sure that when the grass is of reasonable height then the course is a great one to play, but I, like most people, don't like to have to search for a disc that is sitting in the middle of the fairway. That is all.

The grass is a sore spot I must admit, buyt one hopefully that will be rectified soon. Thanks for your input.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Return to McCurry Park