HOLE 5

Henry County - Stockbridge, Ga

Moderators: dandaman, ADGO BOD

HOLE 5

Postby TomahawkChopper » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:47 pm

That new tee is tough thanx to whomever cut downb that tree you bastard. :evil: .

If its ok I might plant a bush or something to replace the tree that was cut down.Im gonna look for a tea tree olive to put there.
The artist formerly Known As MiLeNkO.........
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Re: HOLE 5

Postby djester » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:09 pm

What's going to keep them from cutting it down again??
I have some 5"x7" @ 9 feet tall cedar posts that we can install. If they chop through that they will be very tired. We can install roughly about 3 more after that... eventually they will get tired of cutting the cedar post.
No need to spend money on things that people will just tear down... the posts are free and only work required is digging a hole and filling it with concrete.

JPZ had a good idea of installing a metal pole, but I think they'd tear it down too.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby SlingShot » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:18 pm

That would look INVALID! :shock:

Cant tell without being there but is it possible to combine 5 & 6 into 1 hole? Maybe another par 4.
Andrew Jenkins
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby djester » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:30 am

combining the holes would be invalid....people would be driving into 3's fairway.... go to the course and take a look.
Why would it look invalid? It would replace a tree that was cut down... was the tree invalid?
We've already made an alternate fairway for hole 5..... the problem is solved.

Why don't you combine some holes at Mc Curry? :shock: :lol:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby jritger » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:17 am

was the tree invalid?
yes :)

why would you plant a tree/post in the middle of a fairway?
jritger

Postby Bornabuckeye » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:26 am

:lol:

Nice John, I on the other hand loved that tree as most of the moseleyites did I believe. I think slingshot was referring to it being unnatural to plant something like a bush or tree that wasnt there to begin with...

Not a bad idea to merge 5&6 though. Would need to cut a couple more trees in the pathway area but that would be an outstanding par 4 woods hole... not a lot of those around. Especially with the new pad going in.
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
(678) 632-2397
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby SlingShot » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:37 am

Cant tell without being there but...
Ok so no combining if it gets in the way of 3. A new tree could be okay, but a pole in the middle of the fairway? That can only look good with a full time stripper. :lol:

New Gentelman's Club Event?
Andrew Jenkins
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby Bornabuckeye » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:47 am

nice
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
(678) 632-2397
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Screw Hole 5...We need get nuts on Hole 11

Postby mrpbody33 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:59 am

Honestly I think hole 5 is fine the way it is now. Don't get me wrong as I am not condoning vandalism. While the tree in the middle of the fairway did provide an added element of difficulty I don't think it was a truly fair. Say for instance the fairway was 5-10 feet wider the entire length of the hole then there is really no reason you should hit that tree. However that fairway is already pretty tight to begin with and the last few trees before the pin on the left keep the hole honest.

I really think if you guys was add a level difficulty we should revisit ideas for Hole 11. I no the ideas of putting in railroad ties or even a circle of brick for a permanent island green were shot down. Perhaps we could build a bamboo fence similar to Hole 7 at Winthrop Gold. Thoughts?
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby dandaman » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:06 am

Not combining holes 5 and 6, because as Josh stated there would be issues with discs going on to 3. Defiently look at the new fairway for hole #5...its sweet.

As for planting something where the tree was I don't know. I really don't like the idea of a pole or anything else there, because as I said the new fairway for 5 looks sweet.

John, the tree was not invalid, just not your favorite. We left it there for a reason, and now that reason is gone. The old fairway to that hole is now way to easy and we have no one but a vandal to thank for that. I for one am not going to thank a vandal nor would I condone thier activities even if it was beneficial for me. So while I thank Josh for finding the new fairway on hole # 5 (because it is so sweet) I have a big F%$K YOU to all vandals.
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Re: Screw Hole 5...We need get nuts on Hole 11

Postby dandaman » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:16 am

mrpbody33 wrote:

I really think if you guys was add a level difficulty we should revisit ideas for Hole 11. I no the ideas of putting in railroad ties or even a circle of brick for a permanent island green were shot down. Perhaps we could build a bamboo fence similar to Hole 7 at Winthrop Gold. Thoughts?

The island green for hole 11. Not shot down nor forgotten. After viewing the course with Kenny (P.& R.), we came up with a tenative plan to implement the island green. This is probably how it will go down. The green is on a hill. The green will be dug up so that there is no more sod. The size will be roughly the size of the egg shaped green that was experienced at this past Icebowl where the basket was on the back portion of the green. The green will then be filled with mulch and will be outlined with a timber border. We will use mulch because that will acurately define a green and will negate use of mowing, and we will use timbers because they are so bountiful and free.
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Bornabuckeye » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:23 am

THANK THE LORD

DANCING IN THE STREETS

This Calls for a Celebration (in the rick james voice!)

Good job Dan. I have yet to see the new 5 fairway, but after talking to josh about it; it sounds like hole 5 is fine.
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
(678) 632-2397
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby Bornabuckeye » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:25 am

and thanks so much for not building the island around a basket that is directly in the center of the green.... new definition for ... "pin placement"

now Joey can continue to fire at the basket and add those circles :twisted:
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
(678) 632-2397
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:34 pm

jritger wrote:
was the tree invalid?
yes :)

why would you plant a tree/post in the middle of a fairway?

Ritger those of who know, you were once in the forestry service and you don't like tree's !! You are also awar that we know about your feelings towards JP Moseley and it's trees..... esp. hole 4 & 5 since you now have spoke up.

You will be in constant surveillance when you arrive on the course adn i'll make sure of that!! :P :lol:

About hole 5's tree.... it was about 50ft off the tee & had roughly 10ft on each side to pass a disc by.....

Lets compare that to Perkersons hole 18 where at 100ft off the tee you have to make a 11ft gap or it is OB... then you have to use the drop zone and take a stroke. If you make the mando but go into the creek, it is still considered OB.... is that valid??

Which would you rather be tee'ing from??
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby TomahawkChopper » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:16 pm

If I may add my two cents :P .I for one would love to see a tree replanted on 5 (not a POLE).Hole 5's gold tee is cool but needs alot of work.For example....Dead trees,the ground needs some work,branches trimmed,of course a teepad,and a few trees removed.Dont hate me Im not knocking the idea one bit but is very busy over there way to much going on.To me it felt like MCcurry old 2 it looked cool then after hitting 10 trees you wanted to take a chainsaw out there and just go all Texas Chainsaw massacre on it.

There was not a thing wrong with the hole the way it was and the tree wasnt right in the middle it was off centered more so to the right of the fairway than the left giving you more room to throw to the left than the right :twisted: .Being a right handed back hand thrower I know this cause I always threw my disc about 2-3 ft right of that tree to get myself right next to the basket.

Island green:Rocks,mondo grass,privet,railroad ties,trees,timbers,a fence,of course free mulch,hell sand actual sand not clay,if there was a way to get water from the creek to surround the basket thatd be cool,bricks,and whatever you can Imagine would work fine.Maybe even a pimp tight ROCK WALL :P .

I will be out there Saturday after work maybe 1-2 o clock if anybodys out there Ill see you if not Im doin some work myself.Im for sure gonna hit 17 clear that stuff out to the right as much as possible.Clean up on hole 5's new tee area and fairway and whatever else I see needs work.Oh and planting a new tree on 5 maybe a nice REDWOOD or something :shock: :lol: :D .
The artist formerly Known As MiLeNkO.........
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby jritger » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:53 am

new fairway is nice & valid & more scenic than the 1st -- JPZ & I carded 2's, nate took a 3
jritger

Return to J.P. Moseley Park