Saturday Course Improvements

Henry County - Stockbridge, Ga

Moderators: dandaman, ADGO BOD

Saturday Course Improvements

Postby dandaman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:32 am

We will be kicking off Saturday work days at the Mose' now untill Hotlanta weekend. This next Saturday we will be cutting down some trees, and securing our Island green ( a maybe on the island, it depends on how many show up :wink: ).

Futue weeks include: Building and setting up sun shelters, setting a new pin placement on number 9, and possible extending hole 14 into a par 4.

Definetly could use some locals on some of this action, so I'm going to go ahead and call you out by name:

Joey and Steven: Please bring your chainsaws this weekend or the next. I could also use your help for the island green and sun shelters

Donnie: What is the staus of the lumber needed for our sun shelters? We can use you to help complete our island green...I figured out how to do it while being cost and labor effective: Use fallen trees to set a border. Secure the trees that are laying flat on the ground with wooden stakes. It's rustic and there are planty of trees that we can use. As an added feature (if we so choose) we could first cut the grass to supper low lengths, cover it with weed preventing garden mesh, and top it with mulch.

Josh: Will you be available maybe two Saturdays from now to help build the sun shelters?
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Re: Saturday Course Improvements

Postby djester » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:51 am

I'll be able to help this Saturday. maybe next Saturday too.... but I may be going to Road Atlanta to take my bike to the track :twisted:

I can get "rough cut" lumber for 5% over cost froma building supply place in Norcross.... I'll see how much the final cost is for us. :wink: I still think that using tree's that we cut down would be a good idea for the posts.... but Mark Spaugh (The Rookie) has a good hold on 8 cedar posts that are about 8ft long that are from a swing set they "warrantied out", I should be hearing from him this week.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby dandaman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:54 am

An absolute ba-kaw my friend. I will be purchasing a chainsaw this week btw.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Cha Ching » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:34 am

The posts are redwood, and i have at least 8. I forgot to measure them this morning, but ill get that for you. I think they are at least 8' . Some are 4x6 some are 4x4. All very nice lumber though.
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby dandaman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:47 am

Cha Ching wrote:The posts are redwood, and i have at least 8. I forgot to measure them this morning, but ill get that for you. I think they are at least 8' . Some are 4x6 some are 4x4. All very nice lumber though.

Thanks Mark, you are the man!
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Bornabuckeye » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Dan, placed call and message to Kenny's cell phone describing our projects vaguely and asking for support. It would be nice to know what specifically we are looking for..? Concrete...lumber (what cuts?)

He is usually good to get back to me in a day or so.

I would love to help out but I will have my daughter this weekend. Depends on what we are doing and when, but Ill see what I can do to help. I love the Island green idea... well i love all the island green ideas just want to see one implemented.
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby Bornabuckeye » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:47 pm

If we are out early or late I could probably make it out, but staying for any length of time is going to be hard. GOD I DONT WANT TO MISS THE ISLAND PUT IN!!!!

I might have to find a babysitter.
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby dandaman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Donnie-

Every Saturday b/t now and Hotlanta I will be out there.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:33 pm

Sounds good but vaguely familiar........Oh yeah I think it was that joey guy who suggested rocks or fallen tree for an Island green :shock: .Also i vaguely remember that guy also talking about an alt pin location for nine just in the easement behind where the basket currently lies :P .

Guess they just werent good enough ideas at the time.Hey the tree that fell on hole 6 would be real good for the island green......maybe in a few weeks someone else will suggest the Idea and use the tree. :lol: :roll: :P :twisted:

My boss is still debating letting me have Hotlanta off,and June 20th i will be at meeks park for the Gsss 4.
Then June 27th is my Birthday and will be at Turner Field watching the Braves stomp on the Red sox.
The artist formerly Known As MiLeNkO.........
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby dandaman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:41 pm

I just secured a healthy dose of concrete cinder blocks. My plan is to build a retaining wall on hole 5 that is in front of the putting green. There is a small creek (water run-off) area that I would like to develop so that the green does not erode away. Cinder blocks are not that pretty so I plan on putting concrete spackle on the side of them and place river rocks in the spackle. :wink:

The biggest items that I need to complete this project are concrete and a suitable raft that I can place rocks on while wading in Cotton Indian Creek.

Donnie-

Lumber needs: sixteen 4X4 posts that are 10-12 feet long. Lattice boards-four that are 8 ft high and approx 8 ft long

Concret- Jeez so hard to guess at this one: let's start at 400 lbs. and seee how far that goes.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:47 pm

TomahawkChopper wrote:Sounds good but vaguely familiar........Oh yeah I think it was that joey guy who suggested rocks or fallen tree for an Island green :shock: .Also i vaguely remember that guy also talking about an alt pin location for nine just in the easement behind where the basket currently lies :P .

Guess they just werent good enough ideas at the time.Hey the tree that fell on hole 6 would be real good for the island green......maybe in a few weeks someone else will suggest the Idea and use the tree. :lol: :roll: :P :twisted:

My boss is still debating letting me have Hotlanta off,and June 20th i will be at meeks park for the Gsss 4.
Then June 27th is my Birthday and will be at Turner Field watching the Braves stomp on the Red sox.

Acutually Joey I was thinking of you when it comes to the wall idea I just posted. And I was considering some of the trees on hole 6 as well.

Tell your boss that July 4th is a nortoriously slow work day, (that is unless you work in a convience store) and that you want it off or your calling in sick. Be assertive.

And BTW the Braves are about as good as the past couple of years, which means they probably will sweep the Red Sox, and the proceed to be swept by the nationals.

Need your help dude.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:32 pm

Im just pulling your leg Dan :) :wink: .I wanna play and will help I normally work on the weekends due to us always being busy on the weekend(Publix on Mt.Zion)I cut the fruit for the produce dept.He might give it to me Ive worked pretty much every possible holiday in 4 yrs so crossing my fingers and begging might help :lol: .I normally work 7-3 5 days a week and off days vary week to week.I will help though score some brownie points and stuff maybe even a Hotlanta disc :wink: .I have talked to my boss about helping with acquiring funds through Publix's charity he said talk to corporate so well see.(Baskets and such for the new pins)
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby djester » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:18 am

See you guys tomorrow!!!! I should be there early with a few shovels, saws, string, etc.

What else is needed??
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby dandaman » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:46 pm

I would like to thank everyone who came out and helped today. The course is looking great, and we got a lot done! We look forward to seeing anyone else who would like to come out and help make this course great. We will be meeting next Saturday to build sun shelters on the course.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:18 am

all I have to say is Hole No. 17 !!!!!!!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Bornabuckeye » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:25 pm

Any chance of us adding flags to the course? I played with a newbie earlier this week and he kept complaining that locating the baskets was very hard. Not the first time I have heard it, just a thought.

17 looks great gentlemen and 4 is much improved. Will be attending and helping out Saturday!
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:13 pm

The baskets now have 8" flourescent orange bands on them. Adding flags are costly for something that could get ripped off.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Bornabuckeye » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:11 pm

Gotcha, that tape is lame and doesnt help...

is there nothing else? Could we paint the baskets? ( the basket portion not the whole thing)
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:52 pm

feel free to buy the flags and install them...

I don't think painting the baskets will help that much. If you can't see a 8' x 2' bright orange marker, you won't see the basket that is painted.

Tell the newbie: Maps are plenty at the kiosk..... and the tape seemd to work just fine for me when I was out there.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby JPZ » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:15 pm

Flags would get mowed-up every 5 weeks :wink:
That is one of the problems w/ the length that I was trying to explain; that w/ 9 and 14 being extended , the holes become completely blind from the T-boxes.

But
, once you play 'em and learn them , your hooked
JPZ
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:36 pm

no extending holes for Hotlanta :shock: .... but maybe shortly afterwards 8)

I'd like to thin-out some trees on hole 14, but I'll get with Dan on that.... something along the lines of how we thinned out 17's fairway.
The grass to the sides of the fairway on hole 14 is almost 5 ft tall and a few discs have already been lost. There is also a beehive somewhere on 14 as well (right side).

So Saturday I will be out early to start digging holes for the sheltor posts and determining the size of each sheltor. Fun times ahead!!!! :P
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Cha Ching » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:16 pm

When do you want the posts? :?:
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby djester » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:48 pm

If you go to Perkerson, I'll take them then.. :) .. or do I need to pick them up??
Either way is cool with me.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Cha Ching » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:09 am

I'll try to bring them down Wednesday.
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby Cha Ching » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:04 pm

Cha Ching wrote:I'll try to bring them down Wednesday.

Sorry, i lied. :x

I can't bring them down this week. Can you wait til next week? If you need them before Saturday, we can figure something out at Perkerson on Wednesday. I just don't have room in my truck right now. Again, sorry.
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby Cha Ching » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Oops, just read your PM. :lol: :lol:
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:28 pm

djester wrote:no extending holes for Hotlanta :shock: .... but maybe shortly afterwards 8)

I'd like to thin-out some trees on hole 14, but I'll get with Dan on that.... something along the lines of how we thinned out 17's fairway.
The grass to the sides of the fairway on hole 14 is almost 5 ft tall and a few discs have already been lost. There is also a beehive somewhere on 14 as well (right side).

So Saturday I will be out early to start digging holes for the sheltor posts and determining the size of each sheltor. Fun times ahead!!!! :P

Like they need any extending.Them bees on 14 are some mean sobs too.Feel sorry for the few fortunates that find themselves swimming in the shule there on the right side before you hit Briar Valleytm . Make the shelters 6'9"tall and 5'long and 4' wide maybe 3'.
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Most sheltors will be around 10x12 or larger. The sheltor for hole 12's bench will be pretty large maybe 15x15 +/- :shock: This is to hold people from 11,12, & 13's tee's incase a rain storm hits during a tournament.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:28 am

djester wrote:Most sheltors will be around 10x12 or larger. The sheltor for hole 12's bench will be pretty large maybe 15x15 +/- :shock: This is to hold people from 11,12, & 13's tee's incase a rain storm hits during a tournament.

Anyone who likes to dig holes (Donnie), feel free to come help with the construction of the sheltors!!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Bornabuckeye » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Dont know about liking to dig holes, but I am planning to be participating in this weekends workday.
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby dandaman » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:22 pm

The thinning of trees on 14 is a definet possibility. That hole is getting smaller and smaller, just like a (insert dirty joke here).

Defenitely could use some lumber for the sun shelter project. 2"X4"X10-16ft would be nice. Donnie now is the time we need to hit up the county. We need several boards to form the frames.

BTW Donnie here is the link for the flags that fit on our baskets:

http://www.discgolfassoc.com/discgolf-e ... l#golfflag

They are only $29.95 each. For that price I'm sure we could afford at least one by next Christmas. :P
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:17 am

Looks like we'll be working on the sheltor again this weekend. I'm trying to get some things done this week, but I seem to have plans every evening.

Saturday work:
Clear the fariway on hole 14 & locate the bee's hive (Donnie or THC.... we need you for this!!!!!)
Finish the sheltor at hole 2 (9ft x 16ft)
Take a look at holes 15/16 fairways for select tree removal
Possible clean up of 17 black tee pad :twisted: (not used for Hotlanta)
Clear shule from various locations on the course to ease the process of finding a lost disc
Feel free to add ideas..... so we can shoot them down!

Island green for hole 11 ????? stakes and rope style ????? in or not ????? yes or no ????? Hotlanta approved?????

forgot to mention: Bring lots of bug spray!! The kind with 40% DEET or higher. Long socks to ward off poison Ivy/oak.

I can only work till around 12 noon as I have previous engagements to attend to.
I'll be at the park around 7-8am!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:37 pm

dandaman wrote:The thinning of trees on 14 is a definet possibility. That hole is getting smaller and smaller, just like a (Woodrow the clown and young Q walk into the woods one night and young Q looks up at old Woody the clown, with his Q-puppy eyes, and says, "Jeepers, this sure is scary, much scarier then Grease's trunk!" Woodrow baggardly looks down at the pathetic little boy and says, "You think you're scared, i have to leave here by myself!").

Defenitely could use some lumber for the sun shelter project. 2"X4"X10-16ft would be nice. Donnie now is the time we need to hit up the county. We need several boards to form the frames.

BTW Donnie here is the link for the flags that fit on our baskets:

http://www.discgolfassoc.com/discgolf-e ... l#golfflag

They are only $29.95 each. For that price I'm sure we could afford at least one by next Christmas. :P
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:44 pm

I wont be able to be there this Saturday,Ill be at Meeks park.Next Saturday Ill be at Turner Field for my birthday got some good seats.Too bad were not doing so good :cry: .
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby Bornabuckeye » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:58 am

Yeah I am swamped myself. I have my daughter this weekend (fathers day), next weekend, and then off to Ohio but I will be back on the 4th of July, but doubt I will play after that 10 hour drive home.
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:03 am

If you get out to the course before you leave... please mark the bee's nest with something!! We couldn't find it last week and we'd like to get rid of them before the Hotlanta tournament.

anyone?? Bueller...bueller....bueller.....bueller....
thanks!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby dandaman » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Meeting with Kenny with P&Rec this Monday. I will be turning in a formal proposal for some sun shelters. I will also discuss the possibility of getting some more holes and new tee signs.

Saturday I plan on completing the rock wall (again) as rain dampened my concrete enough last time to prevent the rocks from bonding to the cinder blocks.

While I would like to achieve an Island green for hole 11, it's looking like that will not be a permenant feature by the time Hotlanta arrives.

On ther bright side the golf course looks and plays great. I shot a -1 under the other day---->with a double bogey on 15.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:02 pm

djester wrote:If you get out to the course before you leave... please mark the bee's nest with something!! We couldn't find it last week and we'd like to get rid of them before the Hotlanta tournament.

anyone?? Bueller...bueller....bueller.....bueller....
thanks!

Donnie? Bueller? Donnie? Bueller? You are the only one who seems to know where this is. The trap is hanging on a tree on the right side of 14's fairway. Please move it to where it can be most effective.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:38 pm

it's like sending messages into outer space..... maybe one day someone will hear them and send a message back..... or maybe not :|
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Bornabuckeye » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:46 pm

Sorry, I really dont log in regularly.

Ive got some spray paint in my car (white i believe?) Or a flag that I will try to use to mark it midway through next week sometime.
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:32 pm

Theres no way in hell you can miss it :? .All you gotta do is look for a million bees :shock: .I didnt even wanna go into that stuff in fear of snakes but I felt bad for Donnie all trudging around in that junk.If that junks still there next time I go out there Im gonna clear it out,of course if its ok even if its not Ill just say Wade did it or something.I have personally never landed there myself but know a few people who have and Like I said (snakes)cant be safe and cant really make you :evil: .I can help do some work on the course on days off and after I get off work which is 3 just let me know.Id be more than happy to help Moseley we all know she needs it..........ok maybe thats an understatement she needs alot of work but is still in her current state a great course.

I dont really spell check or use the correct puncuaction so sue me you know what Im saying.
Joey Tokash 35002

Oh hey Dan when you gonna move the fence back on 13?Go Black 13! :twisted:
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby Bornabuckeye » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:22 am

Alright guys after some changes to my schedule among other thing (crazy Ex :evil: ) but the result makes me free this weekend, and with my group (rob and drew) in Europe I need to play with someone so you guys can expect me this Saturday. Time, Meeting place, and activities scheduled are needed though.
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby dandaman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:15 am

9 am Saturday...

We usually kick off from the work around 12ish and play golf.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:16 am

Sun shelters approved!

Look for them sometime after July 1st.

We will have approx. 6 shelters on the course to help combat the sun and provide shelter from any unexpected rain storms.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:18 am

Better Signage Approved!

We shall have better tee signage and better signage on the course as well. I will also be putting in a rec for a better rules sign.

Ba-Kaw!
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:20 am

New holes a distinct possibility!

Nothing concrete yet, but this idea is not too far-fetched!

Ba-Kaw X 2= Ba-Kaw-Wah-Wah!
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Bornabuckeye » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:26 am

Bornabuckeyefan wrote:Alright guys after some changes to my schedule among other thing (crazy Ex :evil: ) but the result makes me free this weekend, and with my group (rob and drew) in Europe I need to play with someone so you guys can expect me this Saturday. Time, Meeting place, and activities scheduled are needed though.

Well I forgot that I will be attending my boss's wedding saturday. So scratch me off the list for this weekend. Ugh, and I wish you guys the best went out yesterday to the tune of 3 ticks !!! dear lord its getting bad out there.
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby dandaman » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:05 pm

Bornabuckeyefan wrote:
Bornabuckeyefan wrote:Alright guys after some changes to my schedule among other thing (crazy Ex :evil: ) but the result makes me free this weekend, and with my group (rob and drew) in Europe I need to play with someone so you guys can expect me this Saturday. Time, Meeting place, and activities scheduled are needed though.

Well I forgot that I will be attending my boss's wedding saturday. So scratch me off the list for this weekend. Ugh, and I wish you guys the best went out yesterday to the tune of 3 ticks !!! dear lord its getting bad out there.

It's always something... :?

Did you at least move the yellow jacket trap or mark where they are on 14?
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Bornabuckeye » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Sorry man life calls, told you when you first started that I really didnt have time for this stuff anymore. No I havent marked the BEEs nest yet. But I will be out trying to help Josh tomorrow finishing the shelter, so I will make a note to point that out to him.
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby Bornabuckeye » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:36 pm

There is an outside chance I could come help out somewhat early, but the wedding starts at 1 so I will need to have time to go back home and be ready and to go to locust grove. I dont know if I want to come to moze at 9 leave at 11 and head home then there ya know? I dont know.. it will be a game time decision I guess.
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:19 am

if you show up, we will expect you to be there..... :?

I'll be out early around 7-7:30 but I have to leave early around 12.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:29 am

Bornabuckeyefan wrote:There is an outside chance I could come help out somewhat early, but the wedding starts at 1 so I will need to have time to go back home and be ready and to go to locust grove. I dont know if I want to come to moze at 9 leave at 11 and head home then there ya know? I dont know.. it will be a game time decision I guess.

man up!!

Any help is helpful.... Dan & I have had to leave early the past 2 weekends but that didn't stop us from coming to work. We didn't miss out for some lame-azz draft party that started at 6pm, or a fantasy football party, or whatever silly reasons for not doing some good old fashioned hard labor on the disc gofl course.

Dan had you in mind for the island green on hole 11, but it looks like it is tough to even get you to mark a Bee's nest :|

you like to go to the gym..... well think of Moseley as a gym with plenty of chances to sweat and lose weight 8)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Bornabuckeye » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:52 am

Damn, what a burn.

Well Id say if youre going to be out early then expect me there but I dont know if I want to now.. I might get beat up :mrgreen:

Sorry that my priorities in life arent paralleled with you guys. Sports are a huge part of my life and when I go to draft parties its a big deal to me... I do work at ESPN and all so it kind of goes with the territory.

But Josh if you are going to be out there around 730 than expect me a little bit early and Ill try and help out, I dont have any plans Friday so I should be okay to get out there. But Ill probably leave around 11. We still on for this afternoon?
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:03 pm

sounds like "Sergeant Moseley" huh?

:lol:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Bornabuckeye » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:08 pm

well I will be out there this afternoon either way so I will assume we are still on. See ya later.
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby Bornabuckeye » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:15 pm

And even this is a sacrifice for me bc tonight is the NBA draft :D

But bc my team landed SHAQ !!! and we pick last, i think some DG could be had, ill catch the highlights later
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:16 pm

I'll be there around 5 or so
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Bornabuckeye » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:32 am

ok so after playing... i officially vote the new no.9 into permanence... what an amazing hole.. love it :P :mrgreen: :lol: :D
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby SlingShot » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:18 pm

What has been done to hole 9?
Andrew Jenkins
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby Bornabuckeye » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:53 pm

i believe its best discovered. :mrgreen:
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:31 am

We're having a work day this Saturday if anyone's interested in helping.
Things to do: (some are more important than others and some may not even get attention this Saturday)
1. Get some mulch over to holes 2 tee area to cover the dust pit under the sheltor
2. Plan something for hole 5's damaged tree (damn vandals!!! :twisted: )
3. Complete the new Frog Pond on hole 9 by rounding it with rocks (like hole 8's Frog Pond)
4. Lay a trap for the yellow jacket nest on hole 16's tee pad (just to the left in the ground next to the dead pine tree, hole is about the size of a softball!)
5. Remove/thin a few trees on hole 16 if time allows. Atleast mark the trees for removal/thinning
6. Walk the new proposed holes in the woods if time allows.... maybe mark tree's to be removed?
7. lunch at Shanes Rib Shack
8. Play a round of golf (time allowing)

If anyone has some ideas of course improvement, feel free to list them here :wink:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby TomahawkChopper » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:05 pm

Shrub for hole 5,Privets for the island green on 11,hole 15 could use thinning though again I never land in there,most IMPORTANTLY hole 17 the right hand side really needs to be mowed,weedeated,and bush hogged.I have a gas powered weedeater for the course the only problem is you have to keep rethreading the damn thing unless somebody knows how to fix that problem.My father in-law left me the weedeater when he moved to his new place because its green(ask and will be explained)my wife doesnt like it around either so Its Moseleys weedeater now but theres nowhere to leave it at the mose so that it doesnt get stolen.Like I said other than the thread not feeding the way it should it works great for a 10+ yr old weedeater. 8)
I always have to work on saturdays but am gonna request a few off this month so that I can come help out with improvements.I work at that Publix on Mt.Zion and we are always busiest on the weekends so Its hard for me to get them off. :x
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:49 pm

privet = problems down the road..... I don't want to use that stuff, we are trying to cut it out from Redan & Perkerson too often. It's an invasive species. Maybe some of the bushes that are at the tee pad areas?? They grow really thick and if we made a upsidedown U-shape around the basket then we'd only have to rope off the front for tournaments (U-shape would be the remaining OB marker)... all of this sounds like more work than needed for now.....maybe a winter project?

If we plant a shrub on 5 , it will be cut down too. Plus it could grow to wide and take up too much space.

Right side of 17: I don't know how a bush hog could get in there without tearing something up, it's too hilly and thick that you can't see what you are about to mow. I would think a controlled burning during the winter would be best, but I really don't like to attempt a controlled burn. We have a hard enough time keeping the grass mowed out there... the county guys just don't seem to want to get payed for mowing the grass.... i don't understand that too much :?

Extra weedeater would be key... Dan would be the man to give it to and we could use it at the workdays.... maybe we could get a different attachment for it??
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby dandaman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:51 am

Damn Vandal! I would say move hole 5's basket to the right, but that would make for four anhyzers in a row! F^^$%#@ Vandal!
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby SlingShot » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:12 pm

This might be a stretch but would it be possibe to combine holes 5 & 6 into a par 4? Then add a hole somewhere else to make up for hole 5.
Andrew Jenkins
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby djester » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:38 pm

I think it would bring hole 3 into play as people would be trying to bomb onto 6's fairway and if they hit a tree, it could fly into 3's fairway and knock someone in the head. But if the fairway was made a bit wider that idea may work. We'll take a look tomorrow and try to figure out some different options for the hole. I don't think we'll do anything right away as it is best to do some thinking first.

Come on out and toss some of those ideas around..... then we'll toss some discs after the work is over :wink:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Well it looks as if hole 5 will have another tee pad added & will have two fairways. 8)

The new Gold Tee will add about 30ft to the hole, be an uphill shot with about 8ft more elevation that runs along a 3ft ravine and will be a bit tighter than the blue tee/fairway. :mrgreen:

The Gold level fairway will start out semi-wide, then about halfway it will get narrow to about 14ft, then open up slightly with the shot ending up at the right part of the bridge/rockpile (which will be made to extend a bit more right). The basket will stay as is. :twisted:

I'm not sure when we will pour the pad, but it is in the works to try to raise a bit of money to have it done. Hopefully we will have the fairway cleared & complete by next week with tee pad done before November ends.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby dandaman » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:54 pm

The "new" hole looks great.

Bastante kudos to Josh pulling out the big guns with the chainsaw down the new fairway. The hole is now throwable and is a great improvement from the original.

The hole is longer, more up hill, with a generous landing area near the basket. There is a make or break section about 1/3 up the fairway which is the difference between a par and bogey. Birdies are still attainable but require an excellent long shot.

We are in need of donations for a new teepad however as the county is hurting for money. We have already received donations of $11 but we really need more golfers to step up. If this had been last year I would have easily and gladly donated all the money, but times are tough and I need help from our local disc golf scene. If you would like to help with this project please let me know.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:00 pm

What is the costs of materials, total? As a member of the ADGO, you could petition the club for funds for course improvement.
So easy, a caveman could do it.(C)
Woodrow

Postby djester » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:44 pm

We were thinking it would take about 20 - 25 bags of cement (80lb bags) to complete the tee pad area. We are also needing some rebar to make sure that the pad won't settle & break (since we are using bagged concrete). We'll need to aquire a few landscaping timbers as well.

Other than that I don't think we need much more. We are going to attempt to get a letter from the county parks guy and that should be enough to get most of the stuff for free from Home Depot.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby TomahawkChopper » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:41 pm

Concrete 25 bags 80 lbs $74
landscaping Timber 4/$15,$16 8/$31,$32 for 3"x5"x8'
Rebar 1ft 10/$8,$9 2ft 10/$13,$14

All together under $100 for concrete 4 timbers and the 10 1 ft rebars,

25 concrete bags 80 lbs $74
landscaping Timber 8/$32 3"x5"x8'
Rebar 1ft 16/$14 2ft $23

All together about $120.00 dollars thats just what I saw and added up online.Is that about the right amount of supplies you would need for the teepad?Not including the equipment/tools.
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby dandaman » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:20 pm

Yea about that much...I was figuring between $120-150.

I'm guessing that we could get the new pad in as little as a month. Need help with digging it out though...some work with a tiller would be nice.

BTW, the hole is throwable for anyone who wishes to do so. We still have a little bit of weedeating to do (by the rock walls) and we need to construct a path between the current teepad and the new one.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Right on,Ive got a weedeater,we also have a Roto tiller but it hasnt worked in like 5 yrs.I think my father In-laws getting it fixed maybe when it is fixed if yall dont have one we can use it.

What are the odds that the county might maybe build us a shed or something for tools and such?
I know if we just left stuff out wed get robbed with the quickness.

I have Saturday the 10th off you's guy's gonna be out there?I hope so finally have a Saturday off and no course clean-up just my luck LOL.
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:48 am

I do find it funny that they dont maintain our course.How many holes actually need to the grass mown.1,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,and 18.Out of 18 holes those are really the only baskets they mow. 2-6 being inthe woods then 14-17 being in the woods they dont mess with.
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby dandaman » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:51 am

Meeting with the county tommorow or Friday to discuss getting the new shelters up and a new teepad for #5.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:43 pm

I no longer have the 10th off but will be going into work at 4 and hopefully be getting out of there 11-12 ish.Ill need to change and take Joseph to his Grandparents rtight off flippen then Ill be there.Are you guys gonna be out there? I've got a few shovels,a leaf blower,weedeater,I might have a machete in the shed?,a hedge trimmer,and some other things that might be helpful.Just let me know what you need and if yall are gonna be out there or if you even really want me there :shock: :lol: :twisted: .
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby djester » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:15 pm

I'll be going to the vintage motorcycle races at Barber Motorsports park in Alabama Saturday & on Sunday I'll be riding a 250 mile loop through the mountains.... I'll be thinking of you guys :P
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby dandaman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:13 am

I will be out there this Sat between the hous of 9-12pm. Unfortunately there is a stupid meeting at work that is going to require me to be there earlier than usual.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Things the parks department shall start next week:

1.) Construction of 5 sun/rain shelters. Shelters will be placed on holes 7,8,10,12,14.

2.) 6' X 12' concrete slab on hole 5...new teepad!

3.) Moving the bench from hole 13 to 14.

That is all. Anyone have 6-9 mach III's that they are willing to donate?
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:57 pm

Sounds like we need to look into some course fund-raising discs and sell them on Ebay and at tournaments. Maybe a few tournaments lined up for this winter could collect some funds? Not that many open dates for us to make some action...
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby dandaman » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:17 pm

Installation of the sun/rain shelters begins tommorow. The island green might have to be held off (still!) because of the weather. The machine used to dig up the sod might make too much of a mess. I am going out tommorow to outline the island green with flags. In other news on the course a sasquatch has not been seen in 6 months. I suspect alien poachers.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby JPZ » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:14 pm

Not sure but, K-mack might have seen 'em :?
JPZ
Champion Plastic

Postby dandaman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:06 pm

The posts for the shelters went in...at least from the distance that the posts were set, it does not look like they are going to be overly big. Maybe just big enough to prevent getting absolutely soaked from a passsing rain storm...maybe. Not quite the oasis I was hoping like Josh's shelter but they will have to serve thier purposes when needed.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Return to J.P. Moseley Park