Practice Basket Distance Markers

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Practice Basket Distance Markers

Postby gvan » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:32 am

Does anyone have any pictures of nice looking distance markers around a practice basket?

The GDGO is purchasing a practice basket for Alexander Park. We would like to have spiraling markers showing several distances from the basket similar to the basket at Central Park. The county wants to see a picture that shows that they would look good, be permanent and be safe.

Thanks
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Re: Practice Basket Distance Markers

Postby Splash_4 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:34 am

That is great news! That is the one thing that I kept wishing that Alexander had.
Splash_4
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:52 am

All you really need is a few landscaping bricks and paint the distances on them, then place them into the ground with anchors.... but I don't know of any pics, sorry.

Why not get a brick and paint some stencil numbers on it?? Use that as a sample so they would have something to look at instead of a picture.

Home Depot has tons of options for the bricks, just dig a hole, mix some concrete, then set the bricks.... done.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby jonp » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:55 am

the markers at CP are for Around Nine
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Postby gvan » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:29 am

djester wrote:All you really need is a few landscaping bricks and paint the distances on them, then place them into the ground with anchors.... but I don't know of any pics, sorry.
Why not get a brick and paint some stencil numbers on it?? Use that as a sample so they would have something to look at instead of a picture.
Home Depot has tons of options for the bricks, just dig a hole, mix some concrete, then set the bricks.... done.

That is the type of setup we were thinking about. It's tough to E-mail an example brick though, so I was hoping for a picture :)
Gwinnett Parks and Rec are very cooperative, but also cautious. They don't like being the first to try something; so it's easier to sell if we show an example of something already installed.
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby djester » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:55 am

You think it's tough e-mailing a brick...try scanning one!! :lol:

I've tried to find some pics that I "had", but I seem to have missplaced them on my work computer. Maybe KJ has some?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Clunck » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:18 am

djester wrote: Maybe KJ has some?

you mean CaveJ?
That was in, cocker block doesn't count!
Clunck
Star Plastic

Return to Q & A