Day of registration / refunds talk here!

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Re: 2009 Augusta Classic PDGA A-Tier September 19 and 20

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:14 am

Correct - as day of registration is a death knell for most Events - especially LARGE ones and a pain for those that run them.

Signup if you think you might be able to go, and then deal with it if you can't make it.
You should be used to that by now with the GSSS Events Jay. :mrgreen:

GO JASON!
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby D-Wiz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:40 am

Jay wrote:So if you had 10 openings on tourney day and 10 people showed up after driving a few hours, you are not going to let them register to play?

He already answered that question 3 times :roll:
promoting D-GOLF since 2007
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby Jay » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:54 am

D-Wiz wrote:He already answered that question 3 times :roll:

That is why I asked the question, because he wrote it 3 times. I just wanted it to be clear :lol:
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Postby Big Red » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:16 pm

The no sign up day of thing would only be fair if you could get your money refunded all the way to tournament day. It is not fair as it is currently set up for players to pre-enter and have to forfeit their money because something happens out of their control inside the "stealing period" as I like to call it. Disc golfers always seem to want to have it both ways. :roll:
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Big Red » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:18 pm

I want to clarify that not all TD's "take advantage" of this rule as I have had my money returned the day before a tournament; however, I wouldn't hold my breath any more these days. I'm not sure how Jason handles this so none of these comments are directed at him in anyway.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby htorbit » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:52 pm

Is not being able to get your full entry fee refunded a new thing? Especially if you give plenty of notice?
htorbit
DX Plastic

Re: Day of registration / refunds talk here!

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:16 pm

Moved to new thread to keep Augusta Event from getting over run. :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:43 pm

htorbit wrote:Is not being able to get your full entry fee refunded a new thing? Especially if you give plenty of notice?

It has been in the PDGA competition manual for several years - I think it was in 2001/2 when NT Events first started.

It was the PDGA 's way of protecting larger/higher tiered Events from having last minute dropouts or last minute entries when people had to make travel arraingements.
With full refunds outside of 14 days there is still the outside chance the TD can fill the spots - inside 14 days it gets dicey. At outside 7 but less than 14 days when you get a 50% refund it gets very difficult to replace the players. Inside 7 days when all you get is the players pack it is almost impossible to fill the spot, and esentially the TD doesn't lose money, for keeping someone else who might have filled the spot out of the Event.
It's not fair to TD's to have an Event fill up, and then have 20+ people drop out within a few days of the Event getting full refunds when they can't fill the spaces up at the last minute. By that time things have been paid for Vendors have ordered stuff, etc, etc.
If TD's of larger Events counted on day of registrations, how do plan for what you need to have on hand or how much merch to have for prizes etc. when all it takes is one storm to be on the radar on the Weather Channel for the weekend to have your entire field possibly not show up?
If you still aren't sure if you are going to an Event that you made travel, and hotel arraigements for 2 months ago until inside of 7 days or 14 days, that's not the TD's fault.

On a personal note for all the GSSS Events I give 100% refunds until the Wednesday before when I print the cards and set the board for the Events EXCEPT for Lake Russell for this yearbecause I got burned badly on last year with 21 people dropping out in the last 12 days, and the Event went off under capacity even though there were several folks who could have/would have played in the Event if I had used the PDGA rules last year.

And I will do it for ONLY Lake Russell and the A-Tier Event in 2010 with the other 4 GSSS Events still being the WED before.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby VernMan » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:56 pm

We all had lunch provided for us by my company today. I had some BBQ Chicken pizza. It was awesome.
Do not arouse the wrath of the great and powerful Oz. I said come back tomorrow!

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VernMan
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Did you register today?

Did you get me my refund?

Thin or thicker crust?

Did someone mention lunch?

Sorry I'm distracted over here - 2 more hours until holiday time!
keith johnson

Postby Ridesbrd » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:39 am

I dont believe that i have posted my refund policy anywhere........a$$ u me

I think everyone that knows me would agree that i am a very fair person, and would probably rule in the favor of returning the money. In fact yes i will offer refunds if you can't make it, no there will not be day of registration for the 2009 Augusta Classic! If 10 people are gonna drive 3 hours they should sign up in advance.........
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:55 am

I never said anything about YOUR refund policy Mr. ASS umption man. :mrgreen:
Only day of registrations.
I listed the PDGA policy of refunds and mine, but not YOURS.
Nice try to create some controversy where there is none.

Ridesbrd wrote:I dont believe that i have posted my refund policy anywhere........a$$ u me

I think everyone that knows me would agree that i am a very fair person, and would probably rule in the favor of returning the money. In fact yes i will offer refunds if you can't make it, no there will not be day of registration for the 2009 Augusta Classic! If 10 people are gonna drive 3 hours they should sign up in advance.........
keith johnson

Postby Big Red » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:26 am

keith johnson wrote:
htorbit wrote:Is not being able to get your full entry fee refunded a new thing? Especially if you give plenty of notice?

It has been in the PDGA competition manual for several years - I think it was in 2001/2 when NT Events first started.

It was the PDGA 's way of protecting larger/higher tiered Events from having last minute dropouts or last minute entries when people had to make travel arraingements.
With full refunds outside of 14 days there is still the outside chance the TD can fill the spots - inside 14 days it gets dicey. At outside 7 but less than 14 days when you get a 50% refund it gets very difficult to replace the players. Inside 7 days when all you get is the players pack it is almost impossible to fill the spot, and esentially the TD doesn't lose money, for keeping someone else who might have filled the spot out of the Event.
It's not fair to TD's to have an Event fill up, and then have 20+ people drop out within a few days of the Event getting full refunds when they can't fill the spaces up at the last minute. By that time things have been paid for Vendors have ordered stuff, etc, etc.
If TD's of larger Events counted on day of registrations, how do plan for what you need to have on hand or how much merch to have for prizes etc. when all it takes is one storm to be on the radar on the Weather Channel for the weekend to have your entire field possibly not show up?
If you still aren't sure if you are going to an Event that you made travel, and hotel arraigements for 2 months ago until inside of 7 days or 14 days, that's not the TD's fault.

On a personal note for all the GSSS Events I give 100% refunds until the Wednesday before when I print the cards and set the board for the Events EXCEPT for Lake Russell for this yearbecause I got burned badly on last year with 21 people dropping out in the last 12 days, and the Event went off under capacity even though there were several folks who could have/would have played in the Event if I had used the PDGA rules last year.

And I will do it for ONLY Lake Russell and the A-Tier Event in 2010 with the other 4 GSSS Events still being the WED before.

Keith

This really did not address my concern which ironically has now occurred. I certainly see your point on players that just change their mind for no reason. I strained my left hip flexor on Sunday while playing volley ball at a party. I cannot walk as of today without a limp making disc golf impossible. I am not sure what to do as far the tournament this weekend but based on my pain level I doubt I will be able to play. If I have read the above correctly it makes no difference whether I pull out today or on Friday as far as getting my entry refunded? Is that right? This is exactly the kind of situation I was talking about. I am not changing my mind, I am injured.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:45 am

keith johnson wrote:I never said anything about YOUR refund policy Mr. ASS umption man. :mrgreen:

Ridesbrd wrote:I dont believe that i have posted my refund policy anywhere........a$$ u me

Way to Ass u me, i wasnt talking to u....... :roll:
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:59 am

Ridesbrd wrote:
keith johnson wrote:I never said anything about YOUR refund policy Mr. ASS umption man. :mrgreen:

Way to Ass u me, i wasnt talking to u....... :roll:

Seeing I was the ONLY one to post about it, makes it quite strange that it wasn't - but I'll ASS UM E you are trying to save face now and let it go. :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments