lost and found issues

Gwinnett County - Lawrenceville, Ga

Moderator: ADGO BOD

lost and found issues

Postby SKELETOR » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:55 pm

I have just heard that there is a person wading in the pond on 17 finding discs and selling them at play it again sports in snellville. Just a word of caution. I will be going to "play it again" on tues the 14th to check it out. Has anyone else heard about this?
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan
SKELETOR
DX Plastic

Re: lost and found issues

Postby billnchristy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:53 pm

We went to PIAS Friday and saw a bunch from the same name...unless one dude has lost a dozen discs in the pond...

There were a helluva lot more used discs there than usual though.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby provino » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:34 pm

cool. Now I know where to find my leopard. Maybe that dude found a dozen discs in the pond, finished off a bottle of acetone on them, then marked them as his own before selling them to PIAS.
provino
DX Plastic

Postby maximus » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:39 pm

I don't know why this would surprise you. People who don't play, and some that do, don't care if you can't keep your discs out of the pond, but they know that they can wade or dive out in some nice refreshing water on a hot day AND make a few bucks.

I have tried to approach the Paulding County Parks and Rec about this happening at White Oak, sent them a proposal regarding me diving in the lake to retrieve the lost discs so they could be returned to the rightful owners, and after repeated calls to their office to follow up, NOTHING! And so I must assume the person that has been seen wading and diving out there illegally is still doing it.

I would suggest that someone who has the diving skills in that area approach Gwinnett County Parks and Rec about it. I know that the guy who dives in Lake Olmstead doesn't make a lot, but a couple bucks a disc for those returned to their owners pays for air in the tank and beers in his cooler.

This isn't any different than the Barneys reading this board and going out to ERP or anywhere else and finding the lost discs that people post here.
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Postby TeeBird » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:29 pm

well I have to say I have waded around in the pond and every disc I found with names on the I am trying to return to the owners but am having a hard time getting them back to them you know hit or miss. I did however return 2 of them at the tournament a week or so ago,so do not look at me I am trying to do the right thing. SO WRITE YOUR NAME AND NUMBER ON YOUR DISCS AND IF I FIND THEM I WILL CONTACT YOU THAT IS A PROMISE...............
J.R. Bowers PDGA# 37857 TEAM GREENHILLWOOD POSSE
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby provino » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:53 am

I know its not you TeeBird. I am sure its some Barney.
provino
DX Plastic

Postby TONYG » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:47 am

i dont think this is true because I have seen the discs in question at pias and the name on the discs did not seem to have been written on there recently, plus if you were gonna do that why would you give everyone your name and number.I also think someone would have seen their disc up there and recognized it. If someone goes there and comes back and says it is their disc with someone elses name on it then I will believe it. I too went in the lake over this past weekend in a kayak, I came out with a white dx valkerie, a baby blue wraith with the name gerritt on it(called him but no answer), a yellow star destroyer that belongs to mark s (I have found this disc 2 times in 2 weeks, and given it back). so if you would like your discs back shoot me a pm.
TONYG
Barney

Postby gvan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:40 am

PM Sent. Thanks.
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby Cha Ching » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:11 pm

TONYG wrote:i dont think this is true because I have seen the discs in question at pias and the name on the discs did not seem to have been written on there recently, plus if you were gonna do that why would you give everyone your name and number.I also think someone would have seen their disc up there and recognized it. If someone goes there and comes back and says it is their disc with someone elses name on it then I will believe it. I too went in the lake over this past weekend in a kayak, I came out with a white dx valkerie, a baby blue wraith with the name gerritt on it(called him but no answer),
a yellow star destroyer that belongs to mark s (I have found this disc 2 times in 2 weeks,
and given it back). so if you would like your discs back shoot me a pm.

Thanks Tony, you da man! :D
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby Buzzed » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:35 pm

I am going to start writing my name and number on the money I carry around in my pocket just in case I lose a twenty and some guy finds it. That way he will call me back and we can meet and I can get my twenty back. Isn't that the same concept?
John Calcaterra TEAM GREENHILL WOODS
PDGA# 36861

"I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6"
Buzzed
Barney

Postby gvan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:36 am

Lost on 17 from bad hyzer throw. Green twenty dollar bill (DX). Name and number on it.
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby Buzzed » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:46 am

Check with Nationsbank on Scenic Hwy, I was in there the other day and saw a dx $20 with a name on it. :lol:
John Calcaterra TEAM GREENHILL WOODS
PDGA# 36861

"I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6"
Buzzed
Barney

Postby djester » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:53 am

I used to put my name on my underwear, that is, till I started leaving skid marks to make sure no one would steal them while I slept.
Maybe you guys should leave skid marks on your discs? :oops:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby billnchristy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:57 pm

I think you guys might be on to something (not the skidmarks) :roll:

There were several really grubby looking discs at PIAS when I went and looked today...like a dummy I didn't write any down but I remember an XTRA and a bunch of Champ Innova stuff and a Tee-rex (yeah the misprint) with a rainbow stamp.

All had names and numbers, not scratched out...why would you sell something and not cover your number is beyond me...unless one has hopes of a newbie buying it and losing it with your name so you get your disc back plus the cash. 8)
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby craig » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:37 am

If you (or if I) throw a disc into the pond or any water at any course you make the decision to go in after it or leave it there. Noone else is to blame but you (or me) for making a bad throw. If later on someone comes along and sees a couple of disc in the water and goes in after them why is this person bound to call you or post on a message board about the disc he found?? If i lose a disc in water and decide to leave it, it's abandoned property (and in my opinion) free for the taking. And no I've never kept a disc I found but I'm not going swimming for someone elses disc either. Just food for thought.
craig
Barney

Postby gvan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:48 am

craig wrote:... If later on someone comes along and sees a couple of disc in the water and goes in after them why is this person bound to call you or post on a message board about the disc he found?? If i lose a disc in water and decide to leave it, it's abandoned property (and in my opinion) free for the taking. ...

I don't fully disagree, but technically, it violates Gwinnett Parks and Rec rules to enter the water, even to retrieve one's own disc. Therefore, if you illegally go in the water (which I admit to having done) and pull out someone else's disc (which you shouldn't be doing according to park rules) you have stolen their property while it was in the care of the county.

I can't believe I'm picking this nit. Can't we all just get along (by returning each other's discs)?
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby craig » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:25 pm

I've only been to Alex twice and didn't know the rules as far as going into the pond. But every round I've played I've seen people (even the guy I was playing with) in the pond or getting ready to go in to retrieve their disc. I'm just going to throw mine waaayyyyy right to avoid the issue!! Sorry to re-pick the nit.....
craig
Barney

Postby Funky Bobby J » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Real simple - it's not their disc, that's why they shouldn't keep it - 'tard...
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby TONYG » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:38 pm

I personally cant keep anything I find that has someones name on it. These things cost 15 dollars, not really gonna make or break the bank. If you find one with someones name on it and you dont give it back, you are a turd in my book. I like giving people back their property and have met some cool people in the process. I have given back numerous discs from in and around that lake (went in in a kayak trying to retrieve a friends disc) and I have only lost one disc in the lake(my favorite driver for 5 years) and do you think anyone has called me about it. yeah right, and to be honest I really dont appreciate that, my name was on it, it didnt hardly hit the water(probably in the tall grass) so someone has surely found it and decided it was too nice to return. The bottom line is if it is not yours give it back to who it belongs to, why do you think we put our names and numbers on them?
TONYG
Barney

Postby billnchristy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:46 pm

I do it to meet new and exciting people....don't you guys? :lol:
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:00 am

Are you guys swingers or what?

You might as well get over this issue. You can return all the discs you want, chances are you will never see your lost dog again. I've lost 15 or so discs since I started playing in 05. I've had one returned. Lucky for me I've found plenty no name discs to replace my lost ones. It kills me how many people are losing discs in that mud puddle. I've thrown a wide range of shots on that hole and haven't come close to that shule water. Not saying I'm good, I just don't think that water comes in play.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby craigd » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:01 am

TONYG wrote:I personally cant keep anything I find that has someones name on it. The bottom line is if it is not yours give it back to who it belongs to, why do you think we put our names and numbers on them?

I agree. At least make an attempt to get it back. I have called a time or two and had people tell me to keep the disc, which is a bonus. I have also told people to hang on to ones that I have lost or tell them to just give it to a new player. It just seems to be a good tradition in disc golf for everyone to have the philosophy of calling if it has a number on it...
craigd
Pro Plastic

Postby Wookie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:10 am

It kills me how many people are losing discs in that mud puddle.

That's what I was wondering. I have only played there a few times but I pretty much made sure to stay away from the water since there is that nice big grassy area to land in. Am I playing it wrong? :lol:
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:45 am

I always aim over the OB trees to fade left to the middle of the fairway. I have, however, thrown high by mistake and been forced into the pond by wind.

Last week I was shocked, the wind was actually blowing the other direction.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby gvan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:53 am

billnchristy wrote:I always aim over the OB trees ...

OB trees? Those trees don't define an OB line, they are just an (eventual) obstacle.
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby billnchristy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:09 pm

Im pretty sure the sign says that to the right of them (16s fairway) is OB.

I might be wrong...
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby cnalbers » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:15 pm

billnchristy wrote:Im pretty sure the sign says that to the right of them (16s fairway) is OB.

I might be wrong...

You are... but that's ok, we still like you.
Life without God, oh, and beer, is meaningless.
cnalbers
DX Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:53 pm

Unfortunately the rumors are true.

We were at PIAS today and I saw a Yellow champ Boss that had a name on it that was not very well scratched out. I told my wife I thought I had seen something about it on the forums. She jotted down the guys name and we called.

He had lost his disc at Alex. We bought it for him since he couldn't get to PIAS before Monday.

I will bring my Blackberry to take pics whenever we go there if I see any others that look like they came from the pond.

On a better note we picked up a Pro Rhyno, Ching Sniper and a Orion LF for 20 bucks. :mrgreen:
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:32 pm

I played there today for the first time we were on hole 17 and noticed a man with no shirt on walking in the pond.There were 3 guys all together 2 older men late 40s and a younger guy maybe mid 20s.They pulled out quite a few discs one I did notice was an American flag tye dyed disc they had pulled out at least 6 while we were on the hole.We finished the hole and the dude was still digging them out.

The guy in the water had short black hair blue jeans no shirt,Other older dude balding gray hair,blue jeans and gray shirt?younger guy hefty short dark hair?wore glasses khakis and a red shirt.They said they played there quite a few times.When we talked to them it was just the older dudes so they must of picked up the younger guy while playing.

Nice course by the way.Seemed like a mix between Lenora and Redan with some tight Mccurry/ERP wooded holes.
The artist formerly Known As MiLeNkO.........
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby JR » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:55 pm

TomahawkChopper wrote:I played there today for the first time we were on hole 17 and noticed a man with no shirt on walking in the pond.There were 3 guys all together 2 older men late 40s and a younger guy maybe mid 20s.They pulled out quite a few discs one I did notice was an American flag tye dyed disc they had pulled out at least 6 while we were on the hole.We finished the hole and the dude was still digging them out.

The guy in the water had short black hair blue jeans no shirt,Other older dude balding gray hair,blue jeans and gray shirt?younger guy hefty short dark hair?wore glasses khakis and a red shirt.They said they played there quite a few times.When we talked to them it was just the older dudes so they must of picked up the younger guy while playing.

Nice course by the way.Seemed like a mix between Lenora and Redan with some tight Mccurry/ERP wooded holes.

Greetings TomahawkChopper,

I am going to guess that you were part of the threesome that played through and chatted with us briefly while Derek "Disc Diver", "a younger guy" and I "older dude balding gray hair,blue jeans and gray shirt?" where pulling discs from the pond today. Not sure what the intent of your post is as you really do not say much other then giving some descriptions of the three of us and that we were pulling discs form the pond. Let me say that yes I am 49 but I have a full head of black hair with very little gray (which was covered by a black hat when you saw me) and that I was wearing a pair of black shorts, blue long sleeve under-shirt and a black wind vest. Excuse the vanity but you know how us old guys are. :)

Please allow me to give you some peace of mind if you are upset about us pulling those discs out of the water. We are part of Team Alexander. We are locals who consider Alex our home course and do what we can to keep it clean, friendly and run the Saturday morning mixed doubles. One of the other tasks we have taken upon ourselves is to pull out the discs from the pond and return them to their owners. For the most part I am the one who has volunteered to call the numbers on the discs or post them on the boards. Thus far I have been able to return, contact or post all of the discs I have with the exception of today's bunch. I will be working on contacting those folks starting tomorrow.

I would like to welcome you to Alex and hope this helps you understand what we are trying to do for the folks who play there. Please do not hesitate to contact my with questions, comments, concerns or if you are ever in the mood to throw a round with an old guy. Sorry could not resist.
JR
Team Alexander
Team Lenora

http://www.discgolfscene.com
JR
DX Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:50 pm

Well thats good to know then.I was just giving a heads up you never know right.
I noticed yall said there were people taking discs from the pond and selling them so figured id give as much detail s of the description as possible. There were a few :?: able details.
I was the guy in the Gray beanie and wouldnt mind playing ya next time Im out there or If you ever play Moseley.I mainly play there and Redan. :twisted: .

Sorry bro :lol:
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby Derek Wonderly » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:10 am

Hey guys, this is Disc Diver. I just want you to know that I have never taken any discs to PIAS. I also want to thank JR for explaining so eloquently why we do what we do. As a member of Team Alexander it has become a sport for me to see how many disc I can find in the lake. Some of my friends think it's an obsession and are looking for a rehab center for me. LOL :P
Moral of the story.... put your name and number on your disc and it will find it's way home. If you don't and it ends up in the pond...well it will still feel the wind, the sun, the thunk of trees, and oh yes the ching... but not by your hand. :mrgreen:
Disc Diver "Team Alexander"
Disc diving is an obsession....and returning them is just good Karma

Derek Wonderly
Barney

Postby MrFixIt » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:54 am

While you guys are out there diving, why don't you take the disc magnet out of the middle of the pond? :mrgreen:

I personally have not had a problem w/ it, (only played there 3 times, so far), but can see how some people can get in the pond.

Thanks to the locals out there for making the Alex a very enjoyable course!
MrFixIt
DX Plastic

Postby monsterboys76 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:19 am

Way to go JR and Derek (disc finding GOD)! You guys are saving some people a lot of money by fishing out those discs. I still have a glow wraith in the middle if you ever find yourself out that far. :D

Greg
Greg Pothier
P SELECT
monsterboys76
Pro Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Great job guys! I am pretty sure that American Flag tie dyed TL is mine. My son chunked one in the lake that day as well, his name is reDaniel Tedder. The TL has Donnie's name on it, but we traded discs.
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:41 pm

After reading this it reminds me of the old phrase "Finders Keepers".

True in a perfect society one would expect to hear back from somone if they put their number on it but then again in a perfect society you wouldn't throw your disc in the Pond on 17. When I lose a disc I "HOPE" I get it back but I never really expect to see it again no matter tha circumstance. I think it is good karma to return a found disc and I appreciate those who go out of their way to make sure someone gets their plastic back.

Moral of the story: "Don't throw your disc in the pond and play to the right in the dry-giant-field that is there" :roll:
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Derek Wonderly » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:08 pm

Redan Randy wrote:Great job guys! I am pretty sure that American Flag tie dyed TL is mine. My son chunked one in the lake that day as well, his name is reDaniel Tedder. The TL has Donnie's name on it, but we traded discs.

Hey RR, this is Disc Diver, I may have found your disc. Check your PM. It had no name and it was a Valkyrie. Don't know what TL means.

Derek Wonderly
Barney

Postby cnalbers » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:00 pm

Riddle me this, Batman:

I have lost 5 discs in the pond since the park opened. Not one has been returned nor have phone calls been made. Why not?

Oh yeah, and why have I found at least one of those discs at PIAS?

I wish we could just identify who is taking these discs (illegally) from their rightful owners to make a buck...
cnalbers
DX Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:17 pm

Derek Wonderly wrote:
Redan Randy wrote:Great job guys! I am pretty sure that American Flag tie dyed TL is mine. My son chunked one in the lake that day as well, his name is reDaniel Tedder. The TL has Donnie's name on it, but we traded discs.

Hey RR, this is Disc Diver, I may have found your disc. Check your PM. It had no name and it was a Valkyrie. Don't know what TL means.

A TL is a Teebird, i think. I noticed on TomahawkChopper's post that he saw an American flag tye dyed disc that you guys pulled out of the lake, that is the one i lost. I'm not sure what the disc was that my son lost.
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby monsterboys76 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:19 pm

cnalbers wrote:Riddle me this, Batman:

I have lost 5 discs in the pond since the park opened. Not one has been returned nor have phone calls been made. Why not?

I wish we could just identify who is taking these discs (illegally) from their rightful owners to make a buck...

well i'm not batman but i would like to find the person that is selling the discs as well. a few of my friends have went to PIAS and had to buy their own discs back. i know 100% that if you have your name and # on it myself(greg), derek, and JR will contact you as soon as we get them. nobody likes to lose a disc like i say it's like losing a child :D to have one come back to you after a few weeks is the best thing in the world.
Greg Pothier
P SELECT
monsterboys76
Pro Plastic

Postby JR » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:54 pm

This is an easy one to answer, because no one is required to return your abandoned property to you.

Because you abandoned your property and the person who found it did what they pleased with it.

I hope your wish comes true and when we see that person going into our bags or picking up our disc off the course, then we will make sure to post their mug shot so that all of us will know who to look out for.

Meanwhile, how about this for an idea? If you lose a disc you look for it until you find it. If you throw it into a pond, how about you go into the water and fish it out. Take some personal responsibility folks!

Team Alexander has been fishing them out and getting them back to their owners as best we can. We do NOT do this because we are required to but because we think it is the right thing to do. So please, enough with this garbage. Move on. If you are going to leave it in the pond then do not come on here and complain about it.

If this upsets you, please feel free to PRIVATE MESSAGE (PM) and we can chat about it one on one.
JR
Team Alexander
Team Lenora

JR
DX Plastic

Postby mr.disc » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:19 pm

slam. :idea: :!:
"Feared by deer, Adored by women"
mr.disc
Champion Plastic

Postby Derek Wonderly » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:57 pm

batabing, batabang, bataboom......hear hear JR. This thread should be renamed "Whiners quarters". :? By the way, that water is starting to get coooooold, so Disc Diver may have to make a trip to the Keys and see if I can find any there. 8) It may be spring before any discs find there way home.........ewwww pretty water...... maybe not. :mrgreen:

Derek Wonderly
Barney

Postby Woodrow » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:56 pm

JR wrote:This is an easy one to answer, because no one is required to return your abandoned property to you.
There's a difference in abandoned property versus lost. Disc flight is inherently tricky and you may not find every disc you throw, but it doesn't mean you're throwing it away. We don't put our name on them so we know whose it is but so everyone else knows whose it is and that name constitutes ownership.

PIAS should forgo buying used discs unless ownership can be confirmed and the Disc Golf community needs to make them understand that most of what they buy back is probably stolen(lost but not abandoned) property and we won't support them in sustaining it.

Return discs you find and don't buy a used disc unless your sure someone isn't looking for it (BECAUSE IT BELONGS TO THEM!)
Woodrow

Postby TomahawkChopper » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:40 am

Dang this thread is the place to be now yo its Like Balloon boy up in this shiznit.

Derek some of your comments would make me suspicious of your intentions :wink: No name no return :?: At least post you found a disc make them tell you what it was.The economys rough man not everybodys got 15-25 for a primo piece of plastic(star,pro,custom dyes,and so on).What was that pm you sent me all about?

I try to return every disc I find name or not dont find discs all the time but have returned all.Dont want none of that Karma mojo catching up to me :lol: . :twisted:
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:54 am

thanks JR for finding that aviar. I'll get it back at some point unless u like it, then u can keep it.

I've left or lost several discs out there. The only one I really want back is a CFR Glo Sidewinder with the UFO 09 stamp. It was in the pond
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby JR » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:36 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:thanks JR for finding that aviar. I'll get it back at some point unless u like it, then u can keep it.

I've left or lost several discs out there. The only one I really want back is a CFR Glo Sidewinder with the UFO 09 stamp. It was in the pond

Thanks for the offer Dollar. I will have it in the car for you for next time and will keep on eye you for the Sidewinder. I will be at Alexander at 10 o'clock for doubles this Saturday if you can make it.
JR
Team Alexander
Team Lenora

JR
DX Plastic

Postby monsterboys76 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:08 pm

man, can't we all just get along! put your name and # on your disc and it will get back to you if you lost it.
Greg Pothier
P SELECT
monsterboys76
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:04 am

I played Alexander yesterday for the first time in a month and a half. While I don't think it comes into play, I will say that the pond is quite larger than before. Still not as big as the huge ass field right next to it.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby cnalbers » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:46 am

JR wrote:

This is an easy one to answer, because no one is required to return your abandoned property to you.

Because you abandoned your property and the person who found it did what they pleased with it.

I hope your wish comes true and when we see that person going into our bags or picking up our disc off the course, then we will make sure to post their mug shot so that all of us will know who to look out for.

Meanwhile, how about this for an idea? If you lose a disc you look for it until you find it. If you throw it into a pond, how about you go into the water and fish it out. Take some personal responsibility folks!

Team Alexander has been fishing them out and getting them back to their owners as best we can. We do NOT do this because we are required to but because we think it is the right thing to do. So please, enough with this garbage. Move on. If you are going to leave it in the pond then do not come on here and complain about it.

If this upsets you, please feel free to PRIVATE MESSAGE (PM) and we can chat about it one on one.

Sorry, JR, but you are wrong. Georgia Code 16-8-6 states: A person commits the offense of theft of lost or mislaid property when he comes into control of property that he knows or learns to have been lost or mislaid and appropriates the property to his own use without first taking reasonable measures to restore the property to the owner.

Frankly, I don’t like your tone. You treat me as if I am the one doing something wrong. Then you make assertions of which you know nothing about… like the law, and the fact whether I try to retrieve my discs or not. What I do is none of your business and is irrelevant to the facts. Someone is taking our property and selling it for profit. Why you should vilify me for complaining about this escapes me. Then you have the gall to suggest that I PM in response to you after you publicly malign me with baseless statements.

The fact that “Team Alexander” goes into the pond and returns discs to the owners is certainly laudable. If you’re looking for public acknowledgement and appreciation, I am happy to offer it… thanks. But don’t give me this crap that I am somehow not afforded my right to free speech because of your misguided belief that I just abandon my property without taking steps to retrieve it.
Last edited by cnalbers on Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cnalbers
DX Plastic

Postby grease » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:37 pm

If he hadn't posted the part about going in the pond and returning discs, JR's
post almost seems to rationalize keeping and/or selling found discs to PIAS.
I would suggest the club confront PIAS with this problem (you may already have)
and threaten to boycott them. PIAS doesn't give much for used stuff, maybe $1.
You may want to suggest that they call the number on the disc in an attempt to
get the disc back to the owner. Then, they can charge $2 to the owner. It's not practiced
very much locally, but in other states, I have seen a $3 reward for a returned disc to
be common. Maybe that's why no one returns found discs.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:19 pm

In Arizona, Spinners on the Green charges 2 bucks to get your disc back when someone turns it in. After 90 days, if no one claims it, they sell it or donate it. They also go thru the trouble posting lost and found on their web page, so you can look and see if your disc is turned in yet.http://www.spinnersdiscgolf.com/index.html. Maybe PIAS can be approached in this light and be brought into the bossum of the DG community.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:07 pm

The problem is, the bossum of the disc golf community smells like 3 day old PBR and cheap jaff.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby JR » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:42 pm

cnalbers wrote:
JR wrote:

Sorry, JR, but you are wrong. Georgia Code 16-8-6 states: A person commits the offense of theft of lost or mislaid property when he comes into control of property that he knows or learns to have been lost or mislaid and appropriates the property to his own use without first taking reasonable measures to restore the property to the owner.

Frankly, I don’t like your tone. You treat me as if I am the one doing something wrong. Then you make assertions of which you know nothing about… like the law, and the fact whether I try to retrieve my discs or not. What I do is none of your business and is irrelevant to the facts. Someone is taking our property and selling it for profit. Why you should vilify me for complaining about this escapes me. Then you have the gall to suggest that I PM in response to you after you publicly malign me with baseless statements.

The fact that “Team Alexander” goes into the pond and returns discs to the owners is certainly laudable. If you’re looking for public acknowledgement and appreciation, I am happy to offer it… thanks. But don’t give me this crap that I am somehow not afforded my right to free speech because of your misguided belief that I just abandon my property without taking steps to retrieve it.

Allow me to apologize to you if you think this was a personal attack on you, your first amendment rights or your personal integrity. I do not know you and have no reason to attack you whatever. It sounds like you took this very personally and for this I am sorry.

As for Team Alexander, we are not looking for any public accolades. We will continue to do our best to return the discs we find to their rightful owners.

As a last post on this particular thread, I ask that those of you pointing a finger at PIAS please consider they are a business. A business who's owners support the local disc community by selling discs we want and donating to almost all local tournaments.
JR
Team Alexander
Team Lenora

JR
DX Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:32 pm

Funky Bobby J wrote:In Arizona, Spinners on the Green charges 2 bucks to get your disc back when someone turns it in. After 90 days, if no one claims it, they sell it or donate it. They also go thru the trouble posting lost and found on their web page, so you can look and see if your disc is turned in yet.http://www.spinnersdiscgolf.com/index.html. Maybe PIAS can be approached in this light and be brought into the bossum of the DG community.

Just like in clearwater fla. These bum kids go into the water fish out 10-15 discs at a time and go to the local store(if you haven't seen this store then well I'm sorry its tha shiznittlbam!). The store gives about $1.50 a disc and charges the owner $3 to get it back. Everyone wins; the golfer gets their discs back, the fisherman get their tax, The store now has CONSTANT traffic into their store with golfers hoping to find the lost discs. Oh yeah, they even have a nickname for the fishermen.. I forgot what they call'em.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby cnalbers » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:22 pm

Allow me to apologize to you if you think this was a personal attack on you, your first amendment rights or your personal integrity. I do not know you and have no reason to attack you whatever. It sounds like you took this very personally and for this I am sorry.

As for Team Alexander, we are not looking for any public accolades. We will continue to do our best to return the discs we find to their rightful owners.

As a last post on this particular thread, I ask that those of you pointing a finger at PIAS please consider they are a business. A business who's owners support the local disc community by selling discs we want and donating to almost all local tournaments.

JR,
Thank you. It takes a person of character to apologize publicly. It is clear that you are a stand up guy and trying to do the right thing. I hope that when we finally meet on the course, we become fast friends.

Regards,

Christopher
cnalbers
DX Plastic

Postby grease » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:43 pm

Gee, thanks FBJ and Kade for reposting my post, but better I guess.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby BAM » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:50 pm

If someone is going through the trouble to get the disc out of that water, then they should have the right to do with them as they please. If you really wanted it you should have went after it, nuff said

Other than that quit throwing them in the water or better yet buy a disc that floats in water for that hole.

I know i would keep every disc I found and i feel the same way about the ones I have lost. Finders keepers.
BAM
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:29 pm

Chuck... you're not helping any with the issue here!! :P
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby TomahawkChopper » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:37 pm

I see your point again jump in and get it yourself right?But the county doesnt want people jumping in their retetion ponds mainly cause you dont know what the hells in there or what disease you could come down with swimming or wading in it.If you were to be seen by the fuzz or park police they can arrest you or kick you out of the park whatever they feel they need to do.

BAM wrote:If someone is going through the trouble to get the disc out of that water, then they should have the right to do with them as they please. If you really wanted it you should have went after it, nuff said

Other than that quit throwing them in the water or better yet buy a disc that floats in water for that hole.

I know i would keep every disc I found and i feel the same way about the ones I have lost. Finders keepers.

Finders keepers should only apply if there be no name or Number.at least thats how I see it.I know for a fact At least I know Donnie Reece appreciates the fact that their are some honest people in this world with all the disc's he loses. :lol: .

Dont be a douchebag turn it over and make the call. :twisted:
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:49 pm

BAM wrote:. Finders keepers.

until someone with anger problems sees you throwing their favorite disc. no matter how you look at it, its stealing and stealing is wrong. Find one with no name, then you have a keeper
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby SlingShot » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:44 pm

cnalbers wrote:Georgia Code 16-8-6 states: A person commits the offense of theft of lost or mislaid property when he comes into control of property that he knows or learns to have been lost or mislaid and appropriates the property to his own use without first taking reasonable measures to restore the property to the owner.

Chuck,

Since you obviously did not take time to read all the past conversation, this is for you.
Andrew Jenkins
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby jugglingfool » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:21 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:
BAM wrote:. Finders keepers.

until someone with anger problems sees you throwing their favorite disc. no matter how you look at it, its stealing and stealing is wrong. Find one with no name, then you have a keeper

I still post when I find one with no name. If you can describe it's yours not mine. I want you to have your stuff. If you just leave it and never claim it becomes mine until you ask for it back. Currently I am throwing a Buzz I found on the course. Love the disc, would hate to lose it, but if the rightful owner claims it I will give it back. Finders keepers is for kids, I will behave like an adult.

I have seen the kids in Clearwater getting discs out of the pond. Had no problem paying for the discs return. They took the risk they deserve the reward. I wouldn't go into that water, afraid of gators. Happy to reward others risky behavior!!!
jugglingfool
Barney

Postby cnalbers » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:49 pm

BAM wrote:If someone is going through the trouble to get the disc out of that water, then they should have the right to do with them as they please. If you really wanted it you should have went after it, nuff said

If I ever see you throwing one of my discs that I have lost, I'll have you arrested... or maybe I'll just do the honors myself. :twisted:

Seriously, BAM, like everyone else has said, if it ain't marked, great, keep it. But if the disc is marked and you keep it, then you are just another Alpha-Hotel, deserving contempt. Don't be a part of the problem.
cnalbers
DX Plastic

Postby jugglingfool » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:17 am

Is it OK to throw the disc with a name on it while you are waiting to return it to the rightful owner?

Just a question but I am curious about the answer. I post all discs that I find and return them to the rightful owner, name or no name. However, I just can't resist the urge to throw a disc that is new to me. Obviously not near the pond, but in a safe place. Is that kosher?
jugglingfool
Barney

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:44 am

If you found one of my discs and carried it around with you waiting to return it to me, I wouldn't have a problem with you throwing it. As long as it wasn't in a parking lot or around alot of trees!
Is this post really necessary?
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:46 am

I have to admit I do it, but would only do so on (at Alex) say hole 1-3 or something like that...somewhere you are not going to lose it again. And only to try out, wouldn't play a round with someones disc.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Derek Wonderly » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:00 pm

Found DIAZ found your Eclipse in the pond. PM me the color.

Derek Wonderly
Barney

Postby grease » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:51 pm

I posted this in the White Oak thread, but thought it might fit here as well:

Does anyone know the name of the guy that was selling used discs at Pete's heart charity
event at White Oak a few months back? I bought a disc from him that I verified was lost in the
lake at White Oak. So, basically, that was the guy that's been getting the discs out of the lake
and not returning them. He said he bought the discs off ebay from a guy in Alabama. He sold
me a used 11X Teebird for $8. There's no way he could buy that disc off ebay and be able to
sell it to me at that price. Besides,I know the person who's disc it was and confirmed from him
that it was lost in the lake. If you know the guy selling the used stuff, he's a crook.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby cnalbers » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:46 am

grease wrote:I posted this in the White Oak thread, but thought it might fit here as well:

Does anyone know the name of the guy that was selling used discs at Pete's heart charity
event at White Oak a few months back? I bought a disc from him that I verified was lost in the
lake at White Oak. So, basically, that was the guy that's been getting the discs out of the lake
and not returning them. He said he bought the discs off ebay from a guy in Alabama. He sold
me a used 11X Teebird for $8. There's no way he could buy that disc off ebay and be able to
sell it to me at that price. Besides,I know the person who's disc it was and confirmed from him
that it was lost in the lake. If you know the guy selling the used stuff, he's a crook.

Anyone who knows what this guy looks like... take a pic with your phone next time you see him!
cnalbers
DX Plastic

Postby BAM » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:45 pm

If I can't find it or I give up looking for it, I don't want it anymore.
here is a little tip. acetone or brake clean will remove sharpie ink :wink:

and for all of you quoting Law!!!! Grow up or start busting the others Golfers that are breaking the law.
You know the beer drinkers and pot smokers, but if you do that, there will be no more players :D

Oh another thing quit throwing your disc in that little pond, Barneys :twisted:
BAM
DX Plastic

Postby cnalbers » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:49 pm

BAM wrote:If I can't find it or I give up looking for it, I don't want it anymore.
here is a little tip. acetone or brake clean will remove sharpie ink :wink:

and for all of you quoting Law!!!! Grow up or start busting the others Golfers that are breaking the law.
You know the beer drinkers and pot smokers, but if you do that, there will be no more players :D

Oh another thing quit throwing your disc in that little pond, Barneys :twisted:

Hey, BAM.

KMA!
cnalbers
DX Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:36 pm

Welcome back, Chuck! Congrats on pissing off someone else you've never met!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby richardhead » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:40 am

Speaking of law. I wonder if we will ever see public lynching again. Things sure were different back in those days. No talk of "you do the crime you do the time." It was more like, "you do the crime, you get hung for the world to see."
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Derek Wonderly » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:56 pm

richardhead wrote:Speaking of law. I wonder if we will ever see public lynching again. Things sure were different back in those days. No talk of "you do the crime you do the time." It was more like, "you do the crime, you get hung for the world to see."

Would that be OB if you hit the body? :lol: Or is it course mangement to cut them down? :mrgreen: What does PDGA rules say about this?

Derek Wonderly
Barney

Postby BAM » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:32 pm

Welcome back, Chuck! (Just passing by) Congrats on pissing off someone else you've never met!
:mrgreen:
I still think that you are a DICK, But I still like you :P

Hey, BAM. KMA!

Lighten up, Have some fun.
BAM
DX Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:10 pm

Bams alright hes still bitter about the whole PDGA thing its all good :shock: :twisted: .

Maybe thats why you dont like us taking all that law stuff :lol: .You can keep up the whole should have gone in after it yourself but not everybodys stupid enough to wanna hop in a disqusting pond.I know it doesnt look to disqusting but its just sitting water and sitting water is never good.Keep your discs to the right and you should have no problems :twisted:

That having enough fun for ya?
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:24 am

BAM wrote:
Welcome back, Chuck! (Just passing by) Congrats on pissing off someone else you've never met!

So you like dick?
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Woodrow » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:30 am

Not sure if he means your or you're. (Hard to interpret his spelling and grammar sometimes.) Either way, I'd be scared if I were you.
Woodrow

Postby Imran » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Where do you think Grease came from?
damn..., that is one fine piece of plastic.
Imran

Postby cnalbers » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:47 pm

TomahawkChopper wrote:Bams alright hes still bitter about the whole PDGA thing its all good :shock: :twisted: .

Maybe thats why you dont like us taking all that law stuff :lol: .You can keep up the whole should have gone in after it yourself but not everybodys stupid enough to wanna hop in a disqusting pond.I know it doesnt look to disqusting but its just sitting water and sitting water is never good.Keep your discs to the right and you should have no problems :twisted:

That having enough fun for ya?

Every time I have had view of my lost disc in the water, I have gone in after it myself. Enough said. :shock:

BAM, I am having fun. Thanks very much!
cnalbers
DX Plastic

Postby grease » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Yeah, me too! Just having fun.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby richardhead » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:26 pm

grease wrote:
BAM wrote:

Mmmmm I like dick?

Grease, please keep your personal life to yourself. Maybe you can find love here.

http://www.eharmony.com/
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:12 pm

no loitering or soliciting things on the site please!!! I'm offended!!

Where's the moderators??
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby mrpbody33 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Where's the moderators??

I don't know....
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby djester » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:26 pm

please tell the moderator that I need to pay for my Glo Destroyer that he is holding for me!!!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby richardhead » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:49 pm

djester wrote:Where's the moderators??

Holding a Clunck down.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Return to Alexander Park