Where is Deerlick?

Douglas County - Douglasville, Ga

Moderators: DD, grease, ADGO BOD

Where is Deerlick?

Postby Vern » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:52 pm

Can anybody help me with directions to the park?

Also where do I go once I get there?

Any kind of course map / things to know to find all 18 holes?
Last edited by Vern on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:22 pm

Check out the Courses link on the main page. But since I know you are pretty lazy Vern...

Here is a direct link to the park via Google Maps. Just input your starting address and presto you get the "fastest" route to the park.

As far as a course map itself...go into the main building (next to the lake) and there should be a brochure about disc golf with a map inside. Most of the front nice holes have cement pads and clear tee signs. After that, it becomes fun.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Deerlick

Postby Mike D » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:41 pm

Vern,

See this link for a good course map...

http://www.celebratedouglascounty.com/c ... rseMap.jpg

Here is a map to the park.
Off of I-20 exit #37 Fairburn Road.
Fairburn to Mack Rd. Turn left. Park will be on your left. Make sure you go pass the mini golf/skateboard park to the main park entrance.
Follow the park road all the way around the lake (it is one way). Park by the second playground and take the steps down to hole one.

Mike D
Champion Plastic

Deerlick

Postby Carl Wms » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:52 pm

So Vern, if you cross into Alabama you've gone too far or you were
just itchin to get your shoes off.
Carl Wms
Champion Plastic

Postby Vern » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:59 pm

Check out the Courses link on the main page. But since I know you are pretty lazy Vern...

Keep forgetting about that. Not lazy, just ignorant. :?

Intermediate players shooting from the Wade Selph layout

-- Is this course marked well?

Is it OK to get drunk in this park? Will I get hassled by "the man" trying to impose his authority on me? Is there a good selection of MILF's to choose from?
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby hexfet » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:05 pm

Played this course for the first time a couple weeks ago - very fun. The map linked by Mike is a good one - wish I'd had it. Two comments on the map:

Hole 4: Ran into a local who showed me the tee marked on the curb right before the fork in the road. He said the tee pad shown on the map was for an old layout.

Hole 14: The description on the map should say "The fairway is a gradually left fading shot with heavy woods on each side, and in the middle!" Very tough 3.

Don't know about "the man", but once you're past 4 you're pretty much away from other park users.

Does the Wade Selph layout include temp tees, or just the alternates already marked on 2, 6, 7?, and maybe others I don't remember?
hexfet
Barney

Postby DD » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:29 pm

Hole 4 will have a new natural tee pad by weeks end.

Wade tee's are marked by red bricks. The intermediates will probably play the alternate tee's on the following holes: 5,6,8,11, longest red bricks on 14,15,16,17,18. This is pending Greg's approval.

As far as the 'Man' is concerned, we have a beer can bandit who leaves his/her empties along the course. The park is aware of this and security is watching. I was informed that an individual was subjected to a 'breathalyzer' test at hole 3 last weekend.
Dave Douglas
DD
DX Plastic

Postby Vern » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:48 pm

Thanks for all of the info. I guess I will have to find out about the MILF's for myself. 8)
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:47 pm

You can ask Ritger about the Mephitically Inedible Lake Fish. :shock: He's crazy about 'em.
Woodrow

Postby Vern » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:44 am

FYI - went to the course yesterday around noon and the State Troopers had stopped traffic on I-20 West just before the #37 Exit - Fairburn Rd...Construction delays.

The delay added about 15 minutes to my drive. I noticed they did the same thing again on my return trip. Just a heads up for those that get to a tourney at the last minute.

Unfortunately I did not see one eligible MILF at the park. Too bad, I had plenty of time to kill. 8)
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:15 pm

wwas there and left around 1 or 2.... wa a few MILF's out early..... the traffic was really nice as we were the only folks on the highway.... it's fun to swerve all over !!!! The interstate was "comfy"
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby ET » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:02 pm

post removed.
Last edited by ET on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:27 pm

Where's the emoticon for thoroughly confused?
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Return to Deer Lick Park