Roswell Kids & Lids Classic (Juniors+SuperClass), 15 Aug 09

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Roswell Kids & Lids Classic (Juniors+SuperClass), 15 Aug 09

Postby 12StonesScott » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:52 am

The Roswell Disc Golf Club will be hosting the Roswell Kids & Lids Classic, a non-sanctioned combination juniors/SuperClass event, at East Roswell Park, Roswell, GA, on August 15. Details on divisions, entry fees, etc. are still being worked out, but expect this to be an event with more emphasis on having fun than taking home cash. My thinking was that since I've been hoping for more juniors events in the Atlanta area, and hoping for a SuperClass event, but was worried that either by itself might not draw quite enough interest, combining them would

* Give parents of the kids playing an excuse to come out and play themselves
* Let everyone play from the Red tees without boring the better adult players
* help ensure that the fixed costs for an event at ERP can be covered by a very modest entry fee.

Register online at: http://www.sdsproshop.com/pd-roswell-ki ... lassic.cfm

Yes, I know it's an extra $3 if you do it this way -- you still have the option of mailing in your registration or registering on site.

If you prefer, you can register at http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform ... ZnhWSmc6MA and pay by mail.

Here's the official registration list so far, by division (updated 10-Aug-09, 2:30 pm):

Juniors 8 & under
Emma Dickerson
Brigid Fornek
Juniors 9-11
Justin Dickerson
Joey Fornek
Graham Johnson
Aliza Walker
CJ Webb
Juniors 12-14
Raydan Crittenden
Griffin Johnson
Lorelei Johnson
Brandon Sims
Ari Walker
Juniors 15-18
Toby Crittenden
Tom Greer
Zane Howard
Open (SuperClass)
Jason Bradshaw
Chop
Recreational (SuperClass)
William Belanger
Craig Dickerson
Rick Greer
Last edited by 12StonesScott on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 9 times in total.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Re: Roswell Kids & Lids Classic, ERP, August 15

Postby 12StonesScott » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:57 am

If you're interested in this event, please take a minute to fill out the form at http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform ... ZnhWSmc6MA . Collecting this info will help us gauge interest in each division and plan more effectively for player packs, etc. Note that this is NOT an online registration yet -- just collecting info, but if you submit the form we will contact you directly once signup details are finalized.
Last edited by 12StonesScott on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby jritger » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:26 pm

scott, just to clarify, this event will have non-junior divisions? like a pro superclass division?
jritger

Postby billnchristy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 pm

His form shows adult Open and Rec.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:22 pm

jritger wrote:scott, just to clarify, this event will have non-junior divisions? like a pro superclass division?

John, right now I'm thinking Open and Rec SuperClass divisions for adults. But yes, there will be some form of adult SuperClass competition, with two or more divisions.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Re: Roswell Kids & Lids Classic (Juniors+SuperClass), 15 Aug 09

Postby 12StonesScott » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:55 pm

bump
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:18 pm

I played a round with my new zephyr today...man this is challenging. I think it will really help the finesse game a bit.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Brian Lang » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Has anyone tried to overhand a zephyr?
PDGA # 36585
ADGO # 240
Brian Lang
DX Plastic

Postby maximus » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Brian Lang wrote:Has anyone tried to overhand a zephyr?

Like a thumber or a hammer? Yep, works just like its supposed to. Being that it is more like an ultimate disc than a disc golf disc...
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Postby billnchristy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:55 pm

Hmmm, will have to try this...does not work as a side arm disc...goes instantly into a roll.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby maximus » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:38 pm

billnchristy wrote:Hmmm, will have to try this...does not work as a side arm disc...goes instantly into a roll.

You have to remember that you cant throw these like you would a driver. The sidearm works just as well but the key is to throw them like an ultimate disc, or a really beat roc/aviar. They are VERY understable but can go 300+ if you throw it right with fairly good accuracy. Side arm works almost as well but you have to have the right angle and release, again NOT like you would a Firebird.

Also from my message before, have tried the overhand/tomahawk, not a thumber, the rim is too wide for me for that throw. Sorry for any confusion there.

Back on Topic.... When are the signups for this event going to start?
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Postby 12StonesScott » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:27 am

maximus wrote:Back on Topic.... When are the signups for this event going to start?

Patience, grasshopper. This is the first event I've run, and it's having to come together on a pretty tight timeframe. I've also had a pretty full plate with the ERP Disc Golf Camp for kids this week. I don't have access to the PDGA online signup system since it's not a sanctioned event; besides, there are still a couple of issues regarding the number of holes for younger kids and the logistics of having different groups playing different numbers of holes/rounds that I want to get settled and publicly announced before we take anyone's money or anything. Also have Roswell Rec and Parks Dept constraints to work under on some of this stuff.

For my benefit, how do you feel about paying the $3 for online signup via Solstice or another vendor? That may be the only way I get an online reg system in place for this one; might be able to do something else with no credit card processing though.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby jritger » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:20 am

most people are ok with $3 online registration....especially if you offer an address to mail checks to for those wishing to avoid the fee
jritger

Postby Brian Lang » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:29 am

How about free, online, and with a 10,000 disc selection for Am payout?

http://marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/online_registration.html
PDGA # 36585
ADGO # 240
Brian Lang
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:59 am

I think Marshall Street requires it to be a PDGA tournament, though I may be wrong.

(yep... I was wrong, see below)
Last edited by djester on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby jritger » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:35 am

doesn't have to be sanctioned (unless they've changed it recently)...i'd inquired a while back about doing it for monthly PP tournies....here's the response i got:

Here is our online registration program:

--------------------------

Value Reg: 3 parts
1. We add nothing to the player's online registration
2. We donate 10% of any extra purchases to the event.
3. We exchange 10% of the online registrations for Prime Discs Gift Certificates for you to use as AM payouts or event CTPs.

For example, if 50 players register online at $40 each, the total online registration is $2,000. We would send you $1,800 in cash and $200 in Gift Certificates (we have found that $20 increments work best so this would be ten $20 GCs.)

--------------------------

Additionally, you get to track the number of spots left, you get instant email notification of registered players, you can have multiple options available to the players, and you can input players that register in person or with checks in the mail.

Lastly, the Monday before the event, we will close online registration and 2nd Day air a certified check and any gift certificates purchased to you. No muss, no fuss.

Sincerely,

Steven Dodge
PRIME Discs
100 Marshall St.
Leicester, MA 01524
-------------------
508-421-6621
- Show quoted text -
jritger

Postby Brian Lang » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:50 am

Steven Dodge had a falling out with his Marshall street partner and runs Prime discs down the road. That may be why we are seeing two lists specifications. Setting up a tournament with Steven and Marshall Street are now two different things.

I would be nice to live in area where two super disc golf stores could be supported but not if it is in Mass.
PDGA # 36585
ADGO # 240
Brian Lang
DX Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:01 pm

Thanks for the info guys. Very helpful. In order to involve an outside party like an online vendor/store/whatever, I feel like I need RDGC BOD and RRPD blessing, so I'll add that to the agenda for the meeting Tuesday and get something up next Wednesday or as soon as possible afterward.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Is anything going on with this? Is the date somthing that we can plan on? Is it going to be registration day of?

Talk to me Goose...
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:20 pm

Anyone??? Anyone??? Something-o-o, d-o-o economics.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:29 pm

Is anything going on with this?

Yes

Is the date som[e]thing that we can plan on?

Yes

Is it going to be registration day of?

Yes & No

See the flyer in the top and here: http://sites.google.com/site/roswelldis ... sFlyer.pdf

PM 12StoneScott for more details.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby 12StonesScott » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:28 pm

Funky Bobby J wrote:Is anything going on with this? Is the date somthing that we can plan on? Is it going to be registration day of?

Talk to me Goose...

Trying hard to get the online registration finalized -- thought we'd be ready to post something by now, but not quite there yet. Could be any minute. Will have registration on site, as well as by mail. Date is set, disc order is in the works for player's pack.

Entry fees:
Juniors: $10
Recreational: $20
Open: $30

Player's pack will include one standard golf disc for juniors, one SuperClass disc for adults.

Younger age groups (under 11) will play one round. Older groups and adults will play two.
Schedule will probably be something like:
7:30 - 8:30 onsite checkin/registration
8:45 player's meeting
9:00 play starts

Awards for 8 & Under and 9-11 groups will take place immediately after conclusion of first round play.

Second rounds will begin ~1 hour after last group finishes first round.

We will try to have some additional activities and contests for younger players while second round is going on.

If you want to register by mail, send player names, PDGA rating (optional), ages (for juniors), Open or Rec (for adults), contact information (phone/e-mail), and your entry fee to:

Kids & Lids
c/o Scott Walker
2290 Twelvestones Drive
Roswell, GA 30076
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:12 pm

Thanks Scott, kids are looking forward to it, and Im looking forward to playing Superclass.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Online registration is up:

Postby 12StonesScott » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:13 am

Register online at: http://www.sdsproshop.com/pd-roswell-ki ... lassic.cfm

Yes, I know it's an extra $3 if you do it this way -- you still have the option of mailing in your registration or registering on site.

If you prefer, you can register at http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform ... ZnhWSmc6MA and pay by mail.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:27 pm

Are you going to do some shorter pads on some of the holes for the 11 and under kids? It could be a really long day if not.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:58 pm

Funky Bobby J wrote:Are you going to do some shorter pads on some of the holes for the 11 and under kids? It could be a really long day if not.

Yes, that's the plan. I gave it some thought while we were doing the camp. Will definitely do a short pad on 16 (probably where the old path from near the hole 15 tee area comes out of the woods on the right of the fairway -- turning a very long hole into a relatively short one), and probably 4 (tee area near the first trailer, on the flat area just past the slope). I'm also considering something similar for hole 3, and perhaps 17 and 18 (17's not that long from the reds,, but there's a clutch of trees right off the pad that could give the younger kids fits).

While we've had plenty of folks express interest by submitting the form I posted earlier, so far there are no 8 and unders (13 juniors total so far). But based on what we saw at the camp, I still think that shortening the course for the 9-11 group is worthwhile.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:31 pm

7 is tough too with most hyzerin' off to the left before the gap. I'll get 3 juniors' in this week 10, 11, 14
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:46 pm

Funky Bobby J wrote:7 is tough too with most hyzerin' off to the left before the gap.

Good point. Have to think about what would work as a short tee there that wouldn't make it potential ace run for 'em ;-) .
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:17 pm

Put em at the bottom of the hill. :lol:
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:24 pm

If you plan to play, or particularly if you're planning to register your kids, please try to register via one of the methods above as soon as possible. Need a count of players to make sure we have the right number of trophies, etc.

Thanks! Look forward to seeing everyone on the 15th
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:43 pm

Do Lorelei and I have to do anything more than I've already done when you first brought it up?

Let me know,
Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby 12StonesScott » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:53 am

keith johnson wrote:Do Lorelei and I have to do anything more than I've already done when you first brought it up?

Let me know,
Keith

Just need to know that you definitely plan to be there. On the original interest form, I didn't ask for names, just a count. In your case, I've added your names to the official list. For anyone else who submitted the original form and plans to pay on site or by mail, just make sure I have the names of the players and the division they plan to play in. Submitting the mail-in registration form online just saves me the effort of transcribing the info from one spreadsheet to another.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:21 am

12StonesScott wrote:
keith johnson wrote:Do Lorelei and I have to do anything more than I've already done when you first brought it up?

Let me know,
Keith

Just need to know that you definitely plan to be there. On the original interest form, I didn't ask for names, just a count. In your case, I've added your names to the official list. For anyone else who submitted the original form and plans to pay on site or by mail, just make sure I have the names of the players and the division they plan to play in. Submitting the mail-in registration form online just saves me the effort of transcribing the info from one spreadsheet to another.

We will BOTH be there.

Thanks!
Keith
keith johnson

Postby 12StonesScott » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:43 am

Here's the official registration list so far, by division (updated 05-Aug-09, 2:25 pm):

Juniors 8 & under
Emma Dickerson
Juniors 9-11
Justin Dickerson
Graham Johnson
Aliza Walker
Juniors 12-14
Raydan Crittenden
Griffin Johnson
Lorelei Johnson
Ari Walker
Juniors 15-18
Toby Crittenden
Tom Greer
Zane Howard
Open (SuperClass)
Jason Bradshaw
Keith Johnson
Recreational (SuperClass)
William Belanger
Craig Dickerson
Rick Greer
Last edited by 12StonesScott on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:17 pm

I'll try to get my crew in tonight at the hotel. Sorry Scott for not getting it in already.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby da4nex » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:36 am

New guy here...

I might be interested in this too, just found out about it earlier today. I'll be able to confirm tomorrow. I have a 10-year-old to register and I'll be playing Rec.

Just to clarify, the "players pack" -- will that include a Zephyr, or do I need to pick up one on my own? And will the juniors be allowed to use their own discs?

Thanks,
Alan
da4nex
DX Plastic

Postby Bradshaw » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:31 am

Yes

All players can use their own discs. Here is a listing of Super Class (Lids) eligible discs: http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/Super%20Class%20Discs%20Feb%202009.pdf

Kids players pack will include a 150g Innova Shark

Lids players pack will include a Zephyr
Bradshaw

Postby 12StonesScott » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:28 pm

da4nex wrote:New guy here...

I might be interested in this too, just found out about it earlier today. I'll be able to confirm tomorrow. I have a 10-year-old to register and I'll be playing Rec.

Just to clarify, the "players pack" -- will that include a Zephyr, or do I need to pick up one on my own? And will the juniors be allowed to use their own discs?

Thanks,
Alan

Bradshaw's already answered your questions correctly -- just wanted to say welcome and hope you're able to make it. Please feel free to PM or e-mail me (roswelldiscgolf@gmail.com) if you have any other questions.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Registered player list updated above: viewtopic.php?p=30626#p30626
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby da4nex » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Da check is in da mail. One more REC and one more Junior in the game.

Thanks,
Alan
da4nex
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:30 pm

keith johnson wrote:
12StonesScott wrote:Just need to know that you definitely plan to be there. On the original interest form, I didn't ask for names, just a count. In your case, I've added your names to the official list. For anyone else who submitted the original form and plans to pay on site or by mail, just make sure I have the names of the players and the division they plan to play in. Submitting the mail-in registration form online just saves me the effort of transcribing the info from one spreadsheet to another.

We will BOTH be there. NOT!

Thanks!
Keith

Scott, I'm truly sorry - But I'll have to let Bradshaw win the Open division - as I forgot I'll be playing in the Vibram Open in Massachusetts that weekend.
Between playing every weekend between Memorial Day and August 15th then 1 week off before playing in 5 more Events in a row, I have everything blending together. :mrgreen:

Lorelei and her superstar caddie Dawn will be there though.

Congrats to Bradshaw!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby 12StonesScott » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:14 pm

keith johnson wrote:Scott, I'm truly sorry - But I'll have to let Bradshaw win the Open division - as I forgot I'll be playing in the Vibram Open in Massachusetts that weekend.

Paging Dr. Ritger! Dr. Ritger please report to registration!

Oh, and Funky Bobby J -- you sure you'd rather caddy for your son than work it in Open?

Sorry Bradshaw -- just don't want to have you end up with the Rec crew and have to have the same kind of "how many strokes" conversation you had to endure Monday night :mrgreen:

Actually, we do have a couple more folks who've said they want to play Open, but haven't actually registered yet.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:37 am

Scott,

I filled out the online information that you requested. I planned on paying with cash day of, but I'll gladly throw a check in the mail if you prefer. Jade will be playing in the 8U division and I'll play Open. I'll have to take Bradshaw's knee or something, my superclass skills are uber weak.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:58 am

Contemplating playing (1 pro, 1 8and under, 1 9-11) but cannot make any definite plans. Sign up day of still OK? If I make Jay, I'll hold Bradshaw while you hit him!
Is this post really necessary?
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:06 am

richardhead wrote:Scott,

I filled out the online information that you requested. I planned on paying with cash day of, but I'll gladly throw a check in the mail if you prefer. Jade will be playing in the 8U division and I'll play Open. I'll have to take Bradshaw's knee or something, my superclass skills are uber weak.

Jay: Paying day of is fine, as long as you don't go backing out on me like some people.

And SuperClass can be a great leveler, as can the red tee pads. Bradshaw's rated 150 points higher than me, but only beat me by 4 strokes at the ADGO SuperClass do at Redan.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:08 am

Can't Hit Open Putts wrote:Contemplating playing (1 pro, 1 8and under, 1 9-11) but cannot make any definite plans. Sign up day of still OK?

Sure -- if you can, go ahead and submit the registration form (http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform ... ZnhWSmc6MA) so that I'll have the names/divisions, etc., on the master list. It'll be easy enough to cross you off if you can't make it that day.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Official registration list updated in top post
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby mr.disc » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:38 pm

I will be there. :shock:
"Feared by deer, Adored by women"
mr.disc
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:11 pm

mr.disc wrote:I will be there. :shock:

:shock: indeed!
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Lofstrand » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:41 pm

mr.disc wrote:I will be there. :shock:

If he brings all his kids then the event if officially SOLD OUT!
PDGA#29514
Lofstrand
Pro Plastic

Postby Bsims23 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:31 pm

Hey im Brandon Sims can i pay day of so i don't have to pay 3$ or will it fill up before then you think
Bsims23
Barney

Postby 12StonesScott » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:21 pm

Bsims23 wrote:Hey im Brandon Sims can i pay day of so i don't have to pay 3$ or will it fill up before then you think

Got you down already -- you can pay day of. No worries. Doesn't appear to be in any danger of filling up.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Bsims23 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:59 pm

If it rains will the tournament be rescheduled or will we play in the rain
Bsims23
Barney

Postby 12StonesScott » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Bsims23 wrote:If it rains will the tournament be rescheduled or will we play in the rain

Generally, we'll play in the rain unless there's lightning nearby or other hazardous conditions. We'll have to make the call once we see what the conditions are actually like that day.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Scott, sorry to be a pain, but I Jade and I won't be making the tournament. We signed her up for fall softball last week and found out that evaluations are on Saturday the 15th. Thanks for running a juniors tourney and I hope we can make the next one.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:37 pm

Top post updated with latest registration list.

Have had a couple of folks have to drop out :( . Which means if we don't get some more of you guys out there Saturday, my wife'll be making me eat off of custom-stamped DX Zephyrs for the next few years.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:56 pm

At least you can get a good "healthy" portion on a zephyr. :D

Here is hoping some folks will show up day of...if not 3rd place in my first tourney! :lol:
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:56 pm

Had a blast, great first tourney...thanks Scott and everyone else that made it happen.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:01 pm

Thank you Mr. Scott for running the tournament, it was superbly enjoyable. The course was challenging but fun! Thank you Emma's mom for helping me after I lost my disc. I look forward to playing another tournament again soon!

Joey Fornek
Is this post really necessary?
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:55 pm

Big thanks to everyone who helped make this event happen:

• First of all, everyone who came out and played -- can't have a tournament without players
  • All of the parents and family members who brought their kids out and stayed around to caddie, console and encourage, and of course pay the entry fees :D
  • The RDGC for agreeing to host it and providing substantial financial support
  • Disc Caddie Disc Golf and Jason Bradshaw for sponsorship, facilitating the custom disc order, providing some of the CTP prizes, loaning us two water coolers, and general moral and logistical support
  • Rick Greer for his sponsorship and support
  • Innova Discs for providing many of the CTP prizes through their tournament sponsorship program
  • Andrew Lofstrand and Specialty Engraving for producing the trophies
  • Brett Porter, for his invaluable assistance to a complete neophyte tournament director in arranging groups, handling scoring, and generally saving me from any number of rookie mistakes (not that I didn't make my share of them -- he did what he could)
  • And finally but perhaps most importantly, my wife Dove for giving up her Saturday (and getting up incredibly early to boot) to help with the thousand and one tasks, large and small, that have to get done in putting an event like this together, and for putting up with me when my stress level got high

Have been too whipped to unload the car, so the full results are still out there, but congratulations to the champs in each division:
  • 8 & Under: Emma Dickerson
  • 9-11: Justin Dickerson
  • 12-14: Brandon Sims
  • 15-18: Tom Greer
  • SuperClass Recreational: Rick Greer in a third-hole playoff win over Alan Fornek
  • SuperClass Open: Chop over Brett Porter

Once I've had a chance to sort through them I'll try to post a link to some of the photos I managed to take through the day.

Again, thanks very much to everyone!
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:11 pm

Here's a fun but meaningless fact that I just noticed when I got the final registration report from Solstice -- of the six players who registered and paid through Solstice, four won their division and one finished second, and the other one finished third. Must have been some good karma or something.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Results

Postby 12StonesScott » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:45 pm

Results (found the scorecards and corrected a couple of errors from the earlier list):

8 & Under:
  1. Emma Dickerson 119
9-11:
  1. Justin Dickerson 75
  2. CJ Webb 78
  3. Nick Fornek 86
  4. Graham Johnson 93
  5. Joey Fornek 100
  6. Aliza Walker 128
12-14:
  1. Brandon Sims 124 (60/64)
  2. Jonathan Aylor 134 (62/72)
  3. Griffin Johnson 136 (68/68)
  4. Raydan Crittenden 146 (74/72)
  5. Ari Walker 196 (116/80)
15-18:
  1. Tom Greer 100 (51/49)
  2. Dustin Merkle 117 (61/56)
  3. Ethan Adams 123 (61/62)
  4. Daniel Broadwell 132 (67/65)
  5. Walker Bruns 134 (66/68)
  6. Zane Howard 151 (77/74)
  7. Toby Crittenden 166 (81/85)
Recreational (SuperClass):
  1. Rick Greer 135 (68/67) (won in third playoff hole)
  2. Alan Fornek 135 (71/64)
  3. Craig Dickerson 145 (73/72)
  4. Bill Belanger 146 (72/74)
Open (SuperClass):
  1. Chop 114 (59/55)
  2. Brett Porter 117 (60/57)
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:18 pm

Another note from the tournament, one that someone mentioned to me during the scoring process but that I forgot to highlight earlier.

Tom Greer, in shooting a 49 in the second round, carded deuces on 9 of 10 straight holes from 6 to 15 (he had a 4 -- par -- on hole 8 ). He had 9 2's, 6 3's, 2 4's, and one 5 (on 17). His first round, while not quite as hot, was equally consistent -- 3 4's (on 1, 15, and 16), 6 2's (on 2, 4, 12-14, and 17), and 9 3's.

You guys in Advanced better start watching your backs :D
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby da4nex » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:47 pm

Thanks, Scott, for organizing this outing. This was Nick's first go at a tournament and he is definitely hoping that there are more Junior class events so he can give it another try. From everyone that I spoke to, it was a very good day all around.

Thanks,
Alan
da4nex
DX Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments