Victor lord still has 11 baskets as of 8/01/09

Barrow County - Winder, Ga

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Victor lord still has 11 baskets as of 8/01/09

Postby BAM » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:11 am

I will be putting my focus on finishing a 9 hole very rec friendly course. My goal is to get more kids involved in playing disc golf.
all holes will be around 130ft. This is for you Mark Campbell. :|

there are still 18 wooded holes waiting to be completed. date? TBA.
BAM
DX Plastic

Re: Victor lord still has 11 baskets as of 8/01/09

Postby CorneliousVanderbildt » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:01 pm

I thought it was closed???
"Lame inside joke"
CorneliousVanderbildt
DX Plastic

Postby provino » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:33 pm

Can not wait to get out there and play that course.
provino
DX Plastic

Postby MrFixIt » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:07 pm

Checked it out yesterday, there were baskets for 1 - 3, then some coming out of the woods, near the ball flds.
What a shame, w/ some work this could be a nice little course :(
MrFixIt
DX Plastic

Postby BAM » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Checked it out yesterday, there were baskets for 1 - 3, then some coming out of the woods, near the ball flds.
What a shame, w/ some work this could be a nice little course :(

That Would be a lot of work, but worth it if you can afford to do so. You can take over this project if you like..
There are over 24 holes cut out at the Park. Holes connect from Old side to New side of the park. Plus room enough to add 18 more holes if you wish to. And Fort Yargo has given permission to use some additional acreage to do so.. Think about it.

If you would like a tour of the park let me know, I will be most happy to show it to you.

And yes it is my shame, for I am the one who let a lot of people down, and just walked away from it. But then again I could not afford to take any more financial loss on the project. I have many regrets in life and disc golf is one of them, right there next to my Ex-Wife on the big scale of regrets.

Would you be interested in running Friday Night Golf at VLP. there is a 14 hole course that can be played on all night long, with multiple tee pads. the 3 ball fields light up the hole course, lights go out at 10pm. nothing like night golf.
BAM
DX Plastic

Postby MrFixIt » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:09 am

Chuck,
No, I would NOT like to "take over". I would be willing to help out on any work days, given advanced notice.

I've played there several times, when all the baskets were in. You know me, just don't remember me till we see each other, which is few and far between. As far as $$ is concerned, I understand your dilemma. The economy is forcing alot of negative changes in the way we all live/work/play.
As far as shame, I will not comment in any negative fashion. You did what you could, and, had to do.

Unfortunately, NO, on the night rounds. If I tried to do this, in addition to my regular playing schedule, I will be divorced :D

I hope that someone local will take the lead, and get this course back on it's feet. I thought that a round at VLP, then swinging over to Yargo, was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!
MrFixIt
DX Plastic

Postby MrFixIt » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:13 am

Oh, and the Yargo thing...if the State allows more baskets to be placed, that would be awesome!
And (I know this is alot to hope for) concrete tee pads...

Maybe someone could put a bug in an ear for benches and trashcans?

Just thinking out loud...
MrFixIt
DX Plastic

Return to Victor Lord & Fort Yargo