Looking to improve my game

Moderators: Vicki, ADGO BOD

Looking to improve my game

Postby Chewie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:16 pm

So i was wondering if there are any good players in the gwinnett area willing to show me some tips, how to improve, looking for good players that i can play with and watch, i hear that watching and playing with better helps you grow as a player and really want to get better. Currently i am a rec player, non rated yet only played in two tournaments. I am constantly trying to adapt to new tactics, strategies, and always trying to improve. I mainly play at lenora, redan, and soon to come alexander parks. I know lenora is an easy course to play since there are no wooded holes (maybe if you count hole 16 but i dont) so thats where i go to practice driving, putting etc but need to apply those skills to my wooded course play. If there are any players willing to show me the ropes per say please give me a shout. You can send me a pm on here or you can just reply to the post. I wont really hold anyone back or slow you down too much i think i am a decent player that can be great with just some help!!
Chewie
Barney

Re: Looking to improve my game

Postby Vicki » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:18 pm

There are a lot of knowledgeable and friendly disc golfers in Gwinnett. If you come out to Alexander tomorrow you'll meet many of them who'd be willing to share their expertise I'm sure!
Vicki
DX Plastic

Postby grease » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:35 pm

Chewie,
I won't be the only person to tell you this, but play local doubles. Either at Alex, Redan, or Lenora.
They are random draw and you may get a seasoned veteran as a partner and learn tips on what to
do, or you could get a total barney and learn what not to do.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Corndawg13 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:04 am

Yeah I agree, for once, with Grease. Or, if you do not have the cash to play dubs then find the most populated times of play at a course you like and get in groups with people you do not know. Disc golf and golf are a lot a like as far as "getting things done" is concerned. There is no "proper" way to get a disc to the basket really. I may go to the Alex Monday but I will definitley be there Tuesday. I was planning on playing in the AAA this saturday but I will be out of town with football related stuff. I'll give you a call about the next two days and the Alex.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby edj42 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:30 pm

I would also suggest that you take the advice with a grain of salt. Most people have a unique style that quite often works remarkably well for them, but not for you. So stick with the advice on technique that you can use and discard the rest. I also always recommend that new players need to "think". If you keep throwing badly, you have to change something. Go to the doubles tournys and ask and observe. That will be the best 10 or 20.00 you ever spend.
"When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."
edj42
DX Plastic

Return to Gwinnett Disc Golf Organization (GDGO)