ticks are getting bad....

Henry County - Stockbridge, Ga

Moderators: dandaman, ADGO BOD

ticks are getting bad....

Postby djester » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:46 am

so you better spray down with the good stuff before you go out!!! I've get an average of 3 each time I've played. They are seed ticks which are very, very small and the bite is the worst I've had. Very itchy, and doesn't like to heal too quickly.

Use a spray with a high DEET content!!!!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Re: ticks are getting bad....

Postby jritger » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:47 pm

ditto that -- 2 of 'em got me on saturday, still itching!
jritger

Postby JPZ » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:17 pm

I will be back in town later this week and will do what I can :? Seriously :idea: I have plans
JPZ
Champion Plastic

Postby Graiden » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:01 pm

Yeah, I was also out not long ago. Didn't get hit by any seed ticks, but over the round I picked 3 deer ticks, and two dog ticks off of my pants. Then there was on identified tick that decided to show itself and start crawling up my leg on the drive home. That was fun. Actually maybe that was a seed tick. I don't know really, but I couldn't identify what kind it was.

I have actually been playing a little more at McCurry because the ticks aren't as bad.
Joe Gaita
PDGA# 37978
Graiden
DX Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:19 pm

Damn you sweet boys need to stay off my course then!!!!!!Cant hang with the bigs ticks then you need to stay home :twisted: .

Seriously you dont think your taking it to another level by knowing the many different kinda ticks :?: :twisted: A ticks a tick dont letem get on your Di......junk :shock: :lol: :twisted: .
The artist formerly Known As MiLeNkO.........
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby Cha Ching » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby dandaman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:23 am

I find that bug spray works great for not getting ticks on you during the round...but hey I'm just one person. :wink:
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:20 pm

Im not worried bout the ticks out there.....its the Snakes and spiders that got me worried :shock: .
We got some big spiders out there man no joke.Ive seen way too many snakes out there thats why I watch my disc very carefully when thrown also why my disc rarely is ever in shule 8) .Homie dont play that. :twisted:
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:14 pm

You think the ticks are bad at the Mose......hell my In-laws just bought a new house on 3 acres with plenty of elevation change and all that stuff for setting up some baskets on the property.I was tossing at my practice basket on the side of their house for maybe 20 mins got home and realized there were hundreds of tiny ticks on my ankle :shock: and thats no joke.I have little red bumps all over my ankles now :evil: .
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:41 pm

TomahawkChopper wrote:You think the ticks are bad at the Mose......hell my In-laws just bought a new house on 3 acres with plenty of elevation change and all that stuff for setting up some baskets on the property.I was tossing at my practice basket on the side of their house for maybe 20 mins got home and realized there were hundreds of tiny ticks on my ankle :shock: and thats no joke.I have little red bumps all over my ankles now :evil: .

Image Chigger Brown says, "BOY!! You's Gots Chigga's! Not Ticks, DUMMMY!!"
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:13 am

Got about 50 -60 seed ticks on me this past weekend and I am itching like crazy.... didn't notice them till after I took a shower, so I took another shower and had a few more on me still..... not cool!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Graiden » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:15 am

djester wrote:Got about 50 -60 seed ticks on me this past weekend and I am itching like crazy.... didn't notice them till after I took a shower, so I took another shower and had a few more on me still..... not cool!

That's why I have been playing at McCurry lately... LOL. Once we hit the end of October early November the weather should drive most of the ticks away and all the shrubbery they live in and whatnot will die off. I anticipate playing in JP again around that time. I went out not to long ago and had to pull a few off me. Ticks don't bother me too much, but it is annoying when you have to remove them.

Catch you later :D
Joe Gaita
PDGA# 37978
Graiden
DX Plastic

Postby JPZ » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:44 pm

I am out 2 X's a week or more, and I haven't gotten a tick on me in 2+ months.
JPZ
Champion Plastic

Return to J.P. Moseley Park