IDGC-"Best of Class" (superclass event) May 2, 2009

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

IDGC-"Best of Class" (superclass event) May 2, 2009

Postby Ridesbrd » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:14 pm

The IDGC along with Chuck Kennedy, will be hosting its first Superclass event on May 2, 2009 as a PDGA XC Tier event. It will be a requirement to use superclass approved discs for this event.

The list can be found on pdga.com under the technical standards, approved discs, if it has an S by it then it is approved. The most popular ones so far are the Innova Zephyr, Innova Super hero, and the Discraft J star (junior ultimate disc).

More details are to follow, put it on your calender and come have some fun throwing lids around the IDGC. We are having the PDGA BoD spring summit on thursday and friday preceding this event so some special guests may be in attendance.

stay tuned......
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Re: IDGC-"Best of Class" (superclass event) May 2, 2009

Postby chappy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:33 am

Did I see zephyr? This is the tournament that Forrest has been training for all these years.....might as well just give him the trophy.
chappy
DX Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:31 am

This event is quickly approaching, and as a reminder you must use superclass approved discs. I am looking at our format currently, with Chuck Kennedy, but it looks we will have 3 main divisions. Open, Intermediate, Novice and any womens as necessary, this has kinda become a standard in superclass tournaments as of late and any AM's that cash in open can take merch instead.

The event will run 2 rounds on the Steady "Ed" Headrick course, all divisons the first round will play a "Super Short" layout consisting of Red tees on every hole and long positions on 4, 9, 16. The second round Open will play the "Super Open Tester" which will be a mix of red and blue tees, and the INT., Novice, and women will play the "Super Red Tester" consisting of all red tees and more long pins.

I am also working with Sam Ferrans on the west coast to get us some new superHERO discs in heavier weights (up to 190!!!) and DX plastic, that will be included as a players package. I am trying to keep the costs of the event down to keep it fun, we are looking at $20-$25 per person all divisions.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:51 pm

updates on the discs???
will there be some for sale??

I am interested in this but I have no super class discs..... would suck to drive all the way up and not have any discs to buy and play with.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:29 pm

djester wrote:updates on the discs???

I am interested in this but I have no super class discs..... would suck to drive all the way up and not have any discs to buy and play with.

bump!! any help would be..... helpful :lol:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby SheDawg » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:15 pm

Josh if they don't end up having them I know where I can get you some in Athens... but they were sold out of Zephyrs and SuperHeros and the only ones they had today were... Discraft! So I would wait and see what Jason comes up with :P

Pretty pumped about the superclass... fairly stressfree since there won't be much inner dialogue when trying to decide which disc to throw... because I will only have 1 or 2... and speaking of which I can work on my tan without getting bagstrap tanlines.... sweet. Hmmm this sounds better every minute... :D :D
Rachel D. Conley
SheDawg
Barney

Postby djester » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:24 pm

Discraft = invalid. Yeah, I'll just see what he has. Sounds like fun times, and I did not even think about the bag thing, bonus!! See you up there!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:09 pm

djester wrote:
djester wrote:updates on the discs???

bump!! any help would be..... helpful :lol:

I got a special new run of superHERO discs, they will be a DX plastic and most are in the 190 gram range, these will be players package items for everyone!!!!

I have about 7-8 zephyrs, 5 champion superHERO 140 gram, also some discraft J-stars and ultimates. I know Chuck Kennedy is getting his order shipped here as well so if i run out of discs for sale i am sure he may have some.

This should be really fun, played a couple holes yesterday from the red's was pretty fun......Stephen Trello (INT) shot a -4.....
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby jritger » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:48 pm

Jason >> do you have details -- what time? entry fees? thanks.
jritger

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:52 am

jritger wrote:Jason >> do you have details -- what time? entry fees? thanks.

Thanks ritger! Sometimes i get caught up in ancillary information and forget to lay out the basic facts..........

3 divisions:
OPEN (934 rating and above suggested)- $30
INT- $20
NOVICE- $20

Everyone will receive a player's package with a Hero Discs, Superhero 190 gram disc in DX plastic.

9am signup, 10am start

This event will be all played on the Steady "Ed" course, from various tees and basket positions. Any AMS playing Open can take merchandise instead of cash, but though some testing of divisions superclass seems to even the playing field for Open/Advanced. I am running this for people to come out and have fun tossing lids!!! So hope to see you guys out here!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:30 am

See you Saturday!!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby jritger » Sat May 02, 2009 10:48 pm

this was a cool event... superclass was way more fun than i expected.

anybody want to run a local superclass event??
jritger

Postby $Dollar$ » Sun May 03, 2009 9:32 am

this was a blast! it was a great way to remember why we play disc golf tournaments....for fun. there is nothing like throwing a frisbee in the park. we need ATL Superclass tournaments!

-Your local 1000 rated Superclass player :wink:
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Sun May 03, 2009 10:55 am

jritger wrote:this was a cool event... superclass was way more fun than i expected.

anybody want to run a local superclass event??

Man, I hope so. I'm about to starting lobbying the rest of the RDGC board to try to host one at ERP -- I think the red tees at ERP are a natural course/layout for it. I bought myself a Zephyr recently for the express purpose of playing a SuperClass tourney as soon as possible -- couldn't make it to Augusta this weekend, but hoping for a chance soon.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Brian Lang » Mon May 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Did this event make Dollar the number one superclass player in the World?
PDGA # 36585
ADGO # 240
Brian Lang
DX Plastic

Postby jritger » Tue May 19, 2009 7:58 am

nope, somebody had a 1027 super class rating....maybe in michigan? they don't have a list of superclass ratings posted yet though...
jritger

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments