Fowler Park

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Fowler Park

Postby Jay » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:50 pm

Does anyone know about a new park going in called Fowler Park. It has about 200 acres and it looks like the will be cutting into 80 acreas for ball field, skate park, etc.... no mention of a disc golf course though.

The are currently taking bids from surveyors.......

I think it's just past Big Creek off of highway near Midway?
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Re: Fowler Park

Postby The Animal » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:25 pm

To clarify, Forsyth County Parks and Rec. will be taking bids from contractors to built the 80+ acres park at the end of the month, Forsyth County Board of Commissioners will have 100+ days to accept a bid.

Steve Nelson RLS
The Animal
Barney

Postby Terry Lynch » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:07 pm

Last that I heard was that most of the property (which is along Big Creek) is designated green space with walking paths throughout. The area for the tennis courts, softball/baseball and soccer fields either is or will be built up to be above the flood plain that the green space will be in. I have never heard about a possible course there, but the green space might be big enough. You just have to prove that disc golf won't be a blight on the vegetation, like hitting trees. :lol:
Terry Lynch
Barney

Postby Corndawg13 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:48 am

We can always do what Oregon Park does and make a sign in sheet at CP to show interest and amount of players playing the sport in the County. I know they are aware of the number of players that play at CP, but proof on paper never hurts either! If need be, we could pitch a "natural layout" somewhat like Victor Lord Park. I have not heard of the park or anything, but a natural layout with the same pads and design idea at CP should go over well with keeping the natural feel of the park in tact anywhere in my opinion. We could always provide them with a fundraiser tourney plan at CP to help with costs. Too many ideas flowing here, I'll end this reply.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:07 pm

There are plans for rediculously expensive things at Fowler Park! If we can go to someone with plans of fundraiser tournaments at Cenral Park and possibly splitting money allotted to next years disc golf at Central Park(not neccessairy, but may be helpful), I think they could not say "NO" to disc golf at this new park. To be at 9 and Castleberry Road is a great location on the somewhat southern part of the county for another DG course to be installed!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:20 pm

You can see the Master Plan on the forsyth County P&R website. The second disc golf course is slated for Northwest Community Park up off of 369 and Wallace Tatum - not to say things that cannot change.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:14 pm

I know about the proposed "Northwest Community Park" which to my knowledge does not even have a scheduled start date planned yet. It is just "needed" as well as the disc golf course there by 2011, if not later. The Fowler Park site is going to begin clearing SOON and should be completed by Fall 2010. IF we can get in now and talk them into allowing a disc golf course there, IT will be the second course in the area of Forsyth County. Nothing is guranteed, but the motion has to start somewhere. I say we go for it, it is a mile away from where I live.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Return to Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization (FCDGO)