1st FrizzBeeCafe Open PDGA C-Tier SN Qualifier 11 Apr 09

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

1st FrizzBeeCafe Open PDGA C-Tier SN Qualifier 11 Apr 09

Postby K-Mack » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:08 am

Your probably asking wtf with the WRASSLIN pic above?

Follow this link http://frizzbeecafe.com/OnlineEntry to sign up online.

Ok there is a registration list going on http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8916

When I was thinking of a theme for the flyer for a Southern Nationals Qualifier, I wanted to come up with something SOUTHERN. Fried Food and Sweet tea wouldn't make a very interesting flyer. Evidently Dog and Cock fighting isn't cool. PDGA frowns upon alcohol use so Moonshine wouldn't work, and we all probably get enough Nascar refrences already. The only thing else that was SOUTHERN as all get up......WRASSLIN!!! Although I don't believe there will be any Wrasslin going on at the event and I haven't spoken to Dr Death Steve Williams about coming out, but who knows.

I can tell you what there will be, some good ole boy disc golf fun. It may seem to be a little thrown together last minute, well it is. I was planning on being retired from running tournies for at least 5 years after the 06 Am Worlds. But when I saw there wasn't a Southen Nats Qualifier in the area this year, instead of bitchin about it, I just decided to throw one together. Plus I want to get some disc golf going down here on the SOUTH SIDE! So hopefully this is the 1st, of an Annual tradition that brings disc golf events to the south side of Atlanta, particulary in Meriwether County. There are 1000's of acres of raw land in the area that will in time turn out to be some of our finest course around. If it wasn't for this damn recession I feel like we could have landed 2 or 3 new courses by now but I definatly see some new disc golf in the future in Meriwether County for all you that are missing the Ole Ant Farm.

I am going to be up front and tell you what you are going to get at one of my events so there is no misguided expectations on how it's going to go.

AMS: I believe in low entry fees for Am's and up front value for your entry fee. So other than the $5 in fees that will goto the PDGA and SN the rest of your money will go towards your lunch from Courtney Peavy's FoxxDen Coffee Cafe, and a disc that you will receive for signing up. That only leaves approx. $5 worth of your entry fee that goes towards your payout. So hopefully your goal is good times and fun other than trying to win & stacking plastic to the ceiling. Some other benefits are, being a PDGA sanctioned event you will get to see how your rounds are rated online to see how you stack up in your division. You will also gain Southern National points, be able to participate in the Southen Nationals Championships in Little Rock, Arkasas, and be able to track your standings on SNDG.org.

PROS: With 6 weeks notice, I'm probably not going to be adding GRAND and paying out stacks of greenbacks (unless I win, I'm reporting to the PDGA that it was $50K.....j/k) So uless I could luck into a few quickies sponsorships we are probably gambling for our entry fees. I know Keith spoils us with those inflated payouts at the GSSS but this is proobably not going to be that this time. But out of your $50, $5 goes to PDGA/SN Sanctioning, $5 for lunch. Plus you are qualified to participate in the Southern Nationals Championships in Little Rock, Arkansas. The SNDGC is a GREAT event. Even though it isn't listed as a Major on the PDGA, the Southern Nats is about as big as gets for great events.

The Tourney: As any thing being thrown together in 6 weeks there could be some snags, some fly by the seat kind of things, that could be change the format if reason need be. But for now I am leaning towards setting up a temp 12 hole course and playing twice around for two 24 hole rounds for a total of 48. I never seem to hate more golf. But of course I don't want to have to turn people away so if there are more than 60 (max 72) sign up there will probably be 18 holes for 2 rounds. With 12 holes I can make the quality of the course better. 18 may just require too much attention to make it an awsome layout like Perkerson for there only being 6 weeks to prepare but with 12, I could probably come up with something entertaining and challenging in the limited time.

I have a diferent way than you are accustomed to when it comes to groupings. It's experimental but I hope it catches on. The 1st Round the pairings will be mixed. Open,Masters,GM, & Advanced will all be in pairings of 4 or 5(hopefully not 5somes but may require) Intermedaite & Rec will be paired. You will be grouped the 2nd round with the people that shot the same score as you did. You could be playing with an 8 year old girl if you shoot like one. If your a Rec and you fire down -10 you will probably be on the lead card with all the Pro's. I think it's a good way to get people that are a little timid to make the step up to the next division a little easier. Rec and Int. are already determined by ratings but the Advanced to Pro step is a tough one and if we could give the Adv players some on the job training with out costing them they're amatuer status, it may be benefitial to growing new Open players.

ENTRY FEES

AM'S (Advanced, Intermediate, Recreational)__________ $25*
PRO'S(Open, Masters, Grand Masters) ______________ $50*
(add $10 in non-current PDGA member)
optional ace fund at event
free merchandise CTP's
*online sign-ups have a $3 convience fee.

Directions: Take I-85 South to HWY 54 (Lone Oak Rd) Go East approx. 2 miles and the park will be on your left. The Park doesn't have a name yet but there are 2 baseball fields there so if pass them you went about 100 feet to far.

Keep checking in, I will try to keep the prudent information updates on top when they are available.

More info very soon :lol:
Last edited by K-Mack on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Re: The 1st FrizzBeeCafe Open.,;:;,.April 11th

Postby djester » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:53 am

Do we get appointed "wras-lin" names upon sign up ??

"Supafly Snuka"

I can't wait for this tournament!!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Brian Lang » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:15 pm

Leaping Lanny was The Steady Ed of Pro Wrestling in my heart but I do not think he ever pinned Dr. Death.
PDGA # 36585
ADGO # 240
Brian Lang
DX Plastic

Postby Mike D » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Kevin,

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

I still have most of my stuff from running Ridge Ferry (water coolers, dry erase board, airhorn, etc..) Its yours if you need it.

Later,

Mike D
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby Brian Lang » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:17 pm

If you go with the 12 hole course with a 48 hole day, will it be reported to the PDGA as 4 rounds of 12 or 2 rounds of 24?
PDGA # 36585
ADGO # 240
Brian Lang
DX Plastic

Postby K-Mack » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:00 pm

I should have everything I need, water coolers maybe something I need but for the rest I have a pretty good handle on things. I'll let you guys know if something comes up and I need some help....I appreciate it!

It will be 2 24 hole rounds, but of course this is all early speculation, it all depends on how many people sign up, I'm guessing from 45-60.
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby solstice_disc_sports » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:39 am

This event sounds like F-U-N!

Kevin, for the Ams, the SN Am Championships are in Hartselle, Alabama (Just south of Huntsville,AL)this year, Pros are in Little Rock. So AMs come get some SN points to qualify! It is just as big of a Payout as the Pros is, so don't let the C-Tier or non-sanctioned status fool you. All of the SN qualifyer money for the whole year gets paid out at these two events.

SN Ams is Hartselle, AL - Aug-22/23-09

SN Pros is Little Rock, AR - Sept-5/6-09
ChrisP. - PDGA 24826 - ADGO 181
www.eatsleepdisc.com
solstice_disc_sports
DX Plastic

Re: 1st FrizzBeeCafe Open PDGA C-Tier SN Qualifier 11 Apr 09

Postby Wayne Kiddle » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:54 pm

im there. will sign up next week if there are still opeings.... looking forward to it
Throw It So It Goes Innnnn the Basket
Wayne Kiddle
DX Plastic

Postby Warnerspot » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:44 am

When and where is sign up at the moment? Can you post something to let us know where to go to sign up?
Warnerspot
Barney

Postby grease » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:19 am

Read the top post.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby TeeBird » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:38 am

there is something wrong with the sign up I cant get it to let me put in my name or pdga# or email

any help would be great

thanks guys
J.R. Bowers PDGA# 37857 TEAM GREENHILLWOOD POSSE
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby solstice_disc_sports » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:48 am

I'm having that problem as well.
ChrisP. - PDGA 24826 - ADGO 181
www.eatsleepdisc.com
solstice_disc_sports
DX Plastic

Postby K-Mack » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:17 am

Thanks for the info, I believe I have the snag worked out and you should be able to do it now, I can't test it cuz I can't send money to myself....SORRY :oops:
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby Big Red » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:43 am

I thought to be sanctioned you had to have 18 holes? Is this going to be a XC tier?
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby TeeBird » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:02 pm

thanks K-Mack it works now I aaaammmmm in
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby K-Mack » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:48 pm

Big Red wrote:I thought to be sanctioned you had to have 18 holes? Is this going to be a XC tier?

18 total holes is the minimum requirement for a C-Tier, this event could be from any range of 36 to 48 holes total. We will just have to see what is available. Back in the golden olden days it was quite common to even have PDGA events on 9 hole courses, playing them twice around to complete 1 round. Don't get to stressed on the specific details quite yet, they could change at any time ;) Hopefully once I have the location set in stone and confirmed the details will fall in to place also.

Thanks James for being the Online Entry Guinea Pig

ONLY like 71 or 64 or 59 SPOTS Available :P
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby Big Red » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:34 pm

K-Mack wrote:
Big Red wrote:I thought to be sanctioned you had to have 18 holes? Is this going to be a XC tier?

18 total holes is the minimum requirement for a C-Tier, this event could be from any range of 36 to 48 holes total. We will just have to see what is available. Back in the golden olden days it was quite common to even have PDGA events on 9 hole courses, playing them twice around to complete 1 round. Don't get to stressed on the specific details quite yet, they could change at any time ;) Hopefully once I have the location set in stone and confirmed the details will fall in to place also.

Thanks James for being the Online Entry Guinea Pig

ONLY like 71 or 64 or 59 SPOTS Available :P

That's cool I didn't know that. Maybe we can have tournament at Oregon park now. :D
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby 408man » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:07 am

What?? No pick-em-up trucks?

Its great to see a SN qualifier here, Ill be there wherever it ends up being.

SN Championships are great events (2004 was really good ^_^), more people should check them out.

Srsly, no trucks??
Team Gold Bond
-The fastest growing team in Disc Golf-
Future Husband of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
408man
DX Plastic

Postby Warnerspot » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:47 am

Alright I am in. Now I just to see if GPS can show me how to get there. When you figure it out let us all know. Also Kevin let me know you got my entry please.
Warnerspot
Barney

Postby TeeBird » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:48 pm

come on guys lets get some sign ups its on the pdga web site just sign up this should be a awesome event I mean K-MACK is running it come on its a no brainer
lets go lets go lets go..... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby K-Mack » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:23 pm

Ok there is a registration list going on http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8916

I still haven't locked down the location but it is narrowed down to 3 locations. Unfortunately I'm not going to have the time I would like to planning an event plus not even knowing what the course is gonna be I wouldn't expect this to be the quality of an event I would like to really blo it out as my first in GA .(I'm still retired as a TD for 3 and a half more years) But it should be a good time plus I get to show off how good Courtney's FoxxDen Cafe food is for lunch, maybe show some people in Meriwether county that we REALLY LIKE disc golf there, who knows what it will turn out to be but I wouldn't expect much more than your over hyped monthly. :lol:
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby TeeBird » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:31 pm

any news on where we are going to play yet???????? just wanted to know thanks in advance
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby K-Mack » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:54 pm

I still don't have the course location nailed down 100% but I will tease you.

The chances we play here 65%

The chances we play here 30%

The chances we play here 5%

Sorry but that's all I got for ya so far. 8) I'm hoping that 1 or even 2 of these places could be permanent in the future
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby TeeBird » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:30 pm

come on people sign up we need the support lets go guys
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby Lofstrand » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:34 pm

How about some idea as to where it is?
PDGA#29514
Lofstrand
Pro Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:59 am

Lofstrand wrote:How about some idea as to where it is?

Don't put the cart before the horse Andrew, just send in your dough :lol:
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby noputtinsavage » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:36 am

I may be able to attend, will know by early next week.

Any chances we can get permission to catch and release fish in those ponds? There are a few fisherman that play that will be tempted too wet a line.
I've been throwing these plastic things for way to long!
noputtinsavage
DX Plastic

Postby Buzzed » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:33 am

I second the wet line catch and release, I just don't want to get my disc wet :cry:
John Calcaterra TEAM GREENHILL WOODS
PDGA# 36861

"I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6"
Buzzed
Barney

Postby Al 7.0 Olds » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Depends on where it is at.Soon as you can tell us,I'll make my decision then.Really itch'n for a tourney right now. :twisted:
Al Hause 39407
Al 7.0 Olds
DX Plastic

Postby K-Mack » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:25 pm

I finally got someone to give me the Heimlich after my choke job this weekend and I can now tell you where the FrizzBeeCafe Open will be at.

It's a half mile down the road from the original ant farm disc golf course on GA 54. I will post directions on the top when I make it home tonight, but if you know where the old ant farm was you can't miss this place. It is a park under development but has had 2 baseball diamonds on it for a while. Good elevation change with sparatic trees. I'm still leaning towards two 24 hole rounds of 12 holes around twice. I haven't laid out the course yet but I'm thinking it will be friendly golf, not as grueling like what we played this weekend.

More info to come soon.

McCoy
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby TeeBird » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:15 pm

well we have a place so now you guys can start signing up...come on let make it a good one with lots of players
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby K-Mack » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:03 pm

Location has been determined should have a course layout ready after sunday night

Directions: Take I-85 South to HWY 54 (Lone Oak Rd) Go East approx. 2 miles and the park will be on your left. The Park doesn't have a name yet but there are 2 baseball fields there so if pass them you went about 100 feet to far. It's about a half mile from the original Ant Farm Disc Golf course.
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby TeeBird » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:18 pm

kevin can you give me a relative address so I can put it into my GPS thanks man
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby Shoe » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:56 am

Lat/Long: 33.168660°, -84.844023°
Ka like the wind
Shoe
DX Plastic

Postby TeeBird » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:08 pm

come on people sign up I mean come on 13 players, lets get 40 more
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby TeeBird » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:17 am

hey is there a cut off day or will it go to the day of
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby noputtinsavage » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:22 am

Well since I toasted my shoulder at the AO I don't think I will be able to play this event. But I would like to come visit the Cafe and would sure be interested to know if we can wet a fishing line for some catch and release fishing.

Can we fish the ponds?
I've been throwing these plastic things for way to long!
noputtinsavage
DX Plastic

Postby K-Mack » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:46 pm

I will be online tonight so if there are any questions please feel free to ask. Here is all the info I have

The directions are from ATLANTA: Take I-85 South to (Hogansville exit 28) GA HWY 54 / HWY 100. Turn Left (Go East) 1.5 miles to the park on your left. We are going to use the baseball field parking lot as home base.

I am going to stick to my original plan to only have 12 holes and play twice around for 2 rounds of 24, 48 total holes for the day. I would like to possibly use 2 tees so that you are not playing the same 12 holes 4 times but at the same time I don't want to have to stroke anyone for not playing the correct tees. I may play one set the 1st round then the other set the 2nd round. I really don't want to confuse people though since it is a temporary situation. The park is still under construction and there are still a few muddy areas that I want to avoid for now and areas that are just not ready for disc golf. You will see when you get there all the area that could possibly be a fantastic par 64 type course. Could be a great 2 courses! I do need a few portable baskets (metal preferably) I have 7 so far and I really don't want to have to dig a hole to plant my other baskets If you can bring a bucket let me know.

60 Player MAX limit There are only about 40 spots available. This is going to be weird but I would like to max the AM's at 30 and the PRO's at 30 (this is subject to change Thursday if there are not enough on each side) I will continue to take online sign-ups until Thursday evening 11:59 pm. The main objective for this event is to be a Southern Nationals Qualifier so if there are people that are interested in attending the Southern Nationals this is about your last chance to qualify in Georgia.

The AM's Players pack will offer the first chance for anyone to get the R Pro Aviar (Only 30 Available) which hits the market this Tuesday. It should be a good putter and even if you don't like it, everyone needs another practice putter for the back yard. Courtney will provide a sign up sheet when you check in Saturday morning for everyone to tell her what kind of sandwich you would like for lunch.

Check in 8 AM - 9:15 AM
Player's Meeting 9:30 AM
1st Round Tee 10:00 AM

Thanks to Greg Campbell for his sponsorship! His generosity has allowed more money to go into the purses by providing the drinks for lunch, and talking care of PDGA and SN fees. THANK GREASE when you see him.

This park is the best scenario for the old baskets from the Ant Farm which is just about a par 5 away from this place. I would bet that Larry will make an appearance along with some other important Meriwether County folks so please be on your best behavior so that we could possibly get a permanent course back in Meriwether County SOON!

I want to apologize for the constant lack of information, this is not how I normally do things, but this has been a quick throw together event as well as dealing with a lot of unknown with the location and what not. Plus I have had wedding planning responsibilities with the better half that I haven't been able to weasel out of. :?

I haven't been able to confirm if fishing is available. The pond is sort of located on the work zone and it looks like its a man-made lake to utilize the soil for the park. I'm not Jimmy Houston but I don't think there is anything in it but turtles and perch. :lol: I will ask about the fishing when I meet with the folks this week.
Last edited by K-Mack on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby TeeBird » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:19 pm

check in time and tee time if you please sir
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby K-Mack » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:54 pm

Check in 8 AM - 9:15 AM
Player's Meeting 9:30 AM
1st Round Tee 10:00 AM
2nd Round TBD
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:48 am

I won't be able to make this as I am hoping to be able to pay my bills this month..... who knew getting married cost so much?? :(

I really wanted to attend though, so I may swing down and offer some help if needed..... just let me know.

Josh
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Brian Lang » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:58 pm

K,
A couple of questions.

Are all groups playing from the same tees as the other groups within each round?

Do you have a cut off time for sign up?
PDGA # 36585
ADGO # 240
Brian Lang
DX Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:11 pm

PLAY ALL THE TEES!!!! Sign up NOoWWWWW!!! Disc Golf or DIE, MAN!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Freebird!! WOOOOOOOOO-OOOOO!!
Woodrow

Postby K-Mack » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:50 am

djester wrote:I won't be able to make this as I am hoping to be able to pay my bills this month..... who knew getting married cost so much?? :(

I really wanted to attend though, so I may swing down and offer some help if needed..... just let me know.

Josh

Word on getting married cost too much!!! I tried to get Court to run off to Vegas but unfortunately for me she hated the idea. :mrgreen: I should be fine but if your wanting to help I would never turn a good hand down.
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby K-Mack » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:13 am

Brian Lang wrote:K,
A couple of questions.

Are all groups playing from the same tees as the other groups within each round?

Do you have a cut off time for sign up?

Everyone will be playing the same tees. This course I am setting up is not going to be a Supersized course with a bunch of par 4's and 5's. When you get there you will see that if we ever get a course there permanently, it will probably end up a par 64 type course but for this weekend it's going to be pretty basic. Maybe 1 par 4.

I want to remind everyone that I am trying something that may seem weird. The first round you will be playing within your division, the 2nd round by score with this exception. Since Int. & Rec. are ratings based they will be playing within their division the entire event. All Open, Masters, ADvanced divisions will be paired by score the 2nd round. (Unless the Adv GM's or other divisions that are small and would like to remain together) The scores should sort the divisions out pretty clearly anyhow.

There are 2 goals in this experiment. Getting the Adv players playing with the Pro's if their scores reflects they should be playing there. They will still only be competing in the tournament against others Adv players when it comes to payout. The 2nd is with the Masters, although the payout for Masters will be traditional for this event, I would like to see in the future that the Masters be in with Open and get paid BONUS cash as the top player in a certain age bracket. With this structure the Masters player could win Open cash as well as get bonus cash as being the best player over the age of 39.

In the PGA the Am's are in with the pro's and if they can shoot with the pro's they ought to play with the pro's. It helps the Adv players get better as well as give them "on the job training" for when they are ready to move up. It's one of my personal crusades to get the Adv fields filtered in with the Pro's so they can improve instead of being in a stagnant state of playing at a certain level. It may not work in the long run and your input will be welcome, but it is theory that I would like to test out.
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby Brett Rousseau » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:29 am

A good strategy and worthy goal for the advanced player who wants to get better. The only problem I think you will hear is players wanting to know what their head-to-head competition is doing. I have a good metal basket. Let me know if you need it. See you Saturday
Brett Rousseau
Barney

Postby K-Mack » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:42 am

Online Sign-Ups end tomorrow at 11:59 PM

I also want to state something else VERY CLEAR!

I met with the Board of Commissioners of Meriwether County today to invite them out to watch the event. I spoke in front of the entire Board of Commissioners today about trying to get several courses put in Meriwether County. The Vice-Chairman (who is acting Chairman because the Chairman is very ill) will be coming out to watch us Saturday. I have been working hard behind the scenes to get disc golf back in Meriwether county and he is on board and wants to bring disc golf back.

With that said, I will not stand for anything that may screw up us getting disc golf back in the county. There is a time and a place to get drunk and party but this saturday is not the time. We are there to impress the Vice-Chairman as well as the owner of the park, so PLEASE be on your best behavior. I know I sound hypocritical because I enjoy having a beer and let loose after the round, but this is a weekend that we are trying to show off in front of some very important people to promote disc golf as a family fun event for everyone.

I don't want to have to be a hardazz but my nose works and if anyone decides to jeopardize getting disc golf back in Meriwether County you will be DQ'd, kicked out of the park and I will be forced to report to the PDGA and you will be spending at least a year away from all PDGA events. Trust me I don't want to do that, but I really want to build disc golf down on the SouthSide, and I hope that you can respect that.

Now with that out of the way, let's have some fun this weekend!

:wink:
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:41 am

I may just be able to pay-in for the action....I'm selling some motorcycle parts tonight and will pay with the money made. (Disc golf or Die!!!....etc, etc)

I will still offer help for set up and anything else as I really don't ever warm up much for a tournament.

I have a water cooler, 2 metal baskets, and some regular coolers to hold drinks in.

I can also be out at the course as early as needed.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby K-Mack » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:40 pm

I will take the baskets! and if anyone happens to have a fold up table that would be mucho appreciated.

If you are wanting to secure your spot as an AM you need to sign up online today. There are only 9 more spots guaranteed for AM's, after those 9 are full you will be on the waitlist unless 30 Pro players don't fill (which is unlikely) but I wouldn't roll the dice if you really want to play. Remember we are only accepting 60 TOTAL PLAYERS. The 1st 30 AMS are guaranteed the brand new R-Pro Aviars in the players pack, after that you get whatever is left over.

I will be heading out today to finalize the layout and probably marking the course since it looks like rain tomorrow.
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:48 pm

fold up table.... check
12' x 12' easy up tent..... check
baskets... check (2)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Woodrow » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:24 pm

I have a DB-5 for ya' K-Mack. Put me in coach(MPM).
Woodrow

Postby keith johnson » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:32 pm

Woodrow wrote:I have a DB-5 for ya' K-Mack. Put me in coach(MPM).

Kevin's Favorite Baskets! :mrgreen:
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby K-Mack » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:25 am

I already have one of those DB5's out there, 2 may be too much :x :wink: If you don't mind putting in your car I rather be safe than sorry. :wink:

Here is your course map. If you want one for yourself you may want to print it for yourself. I plan on putting 1 map with each card.

The Brown area is PRIME disc golf area but is under construction and with the rain coming tomorrow it will be very muddy so I am going to stay away from it. You will see that in the future, there are some SUPER SWEET disc golf fairways where they have seeded new grass. You will be salivating when you see this land and can imagine what it will look like when the park is finished.

I originally planned on staying away from the Yellow area before I found out the rain was coming because it is still freshly cut trees with still some debris in some areas so watch where you walk. We are going to use it because the other areas have just been seeded and with the rain will be sloppy and I rather not make you guys walk through the mud all day. There are some of areas over there that could be ankle twisters so please pay attention.

I want to thank Wade Selph for coming out today with the wheel to measure the distances and helping me lay out the course. It is going to be on the shorter side, a kind of course that will get you ready for the up coming event in Toccoa. I would do things much different if this was going in permanent of course like 4 & 5 would be one hole and there are other areas that we are not playing that would be obvious disc golf holes.

These distances are pretty close but I would say they have a slight margin of error.

1.330 downhill
2.585 flat
3.350 flat
4.285 downhill
5.310 flat
6.295 uphill
7.230 flat
8.240/295 downhill 2nd round I'm moving pin back and it will be tucked so 1st round you get to see where it will be.
9.180 downhill
10.375 uphill
11.190 flat
12.340 downhill
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:05 am

I have to putt from the car? No way, man!
Woodrow

Postby gvan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:02 am

When I first looked at the map I thought the blue pins were baskets. #3 looked REALLY tough. :shock:
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby Flutterby » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:43 pm

I WILL HAVE SAUSAGE BISCUITS AND HOMEMADE (by me) CINNAMON ROLLS AND OUR GOURMET COFFEE BY THE CUP AND BY THE BAG FOR SALE BEFORE THE FIRST ROUND STARTS. I AM ONLY BRINGING 10 CINNY ROLLS AND 30 SAUSAGE BISCUITS SO IF YOU WANT SOME GET THERE EARLY. I WILL BE THERE AT ABOUT 8:45 WITH THE BREAKFAST.

Also... Please Please Please be on you best behavior! There are going to be a ton of important people out there watching. People who will directly affect the future of disc golf in Meriwether County. I also know these folks and see them on a regular basis at my Coffee Shop so this is going to be a direct reflection of me! Please represent well. You will probably be the first impression of disc golf to a lot of these folks. Make it a GREAT AND POSITIVE impression!
Thank You
Courtney Peavy
Innovadiscs.com twistedflyer.com
"the most dangerous place to be is between the Mama Bear and her Cubby"
Flutterby
Barney

Postby Brett Rousseau » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Collared shirts, ya'll. And oh yea, Freebird and disc golf. And wrasslin'. Woooooooooooooooooooo!
Brett Rousseau
Barney

Postby TeeBird » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:49 pm

kevin great tournament ran very very smooth great fun and a fair amount of discs in the pond but none were mine had alot of fun thanks so much.for those that did not play you missed out on a great tounament

thanks kevin you tha man
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:25 pm

The area the course was (will be hopefully) was very nice prime disc golf land.
It would be very nice to see a permanent disc golf course go in that area.
Good job on the Event and your 2 aces Kevin!
I'm sorry that we didn't get to meet or show the commisioners personally the enthusiam for the sport in that park and area from the players that turned out, but hopefully the word will get back to them about it.

Congrats to Dollar and Rousseau for their wins in the Open and Pro Masters divisions (Brett shot third 3rd best overall score of the day overall behind Dollar and Kevin)

Thanks to Courtney for the food and drinks(especially PEPSI) for breakfast and lunch!

Hope you both enjoy your Wedding in 12 days!
Get yourselves something unique to remember Disc Golf by with our gift if you would.

Thanks again for a good Event on a GREAT piece of property with perfect weather and wind.

One day I'll disconnect my head from the rest of me and take advantage of the perfect weather and wind. :shock:

Keith
keith johnson

Postby SlingShot » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:52 am

Had a blast out there today. Thanks Kevin for running a super smooth event and getting discs flying in Merryweather Co. again! Thanks to everyone who had a part in our being able to play here.

Courtney, the coffee and cinni rolls were awsome.

Huge hand to everyone who made the sandwiches.

Just an all around great time.

Thanks,
Andrew Jenkins
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby Al 7.0 Olds » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:27 am

Had a great time! Hopefully Meriwether County will be back in the "DISC GOLF"business agian soon!
Al Hause 39407
Al 7.0 Olds
DX Plastic

Postby K-Mack » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Thank You for all that participated in the tourney!

Gotta say a HUGE THANKS to Wade, SPEEDY, Keith, Josh, Courtney for giving a hand & making it go off smooth. I am so impressed with the attitudes of all the players there. Even though I screwed up and left out a basket, there was no bitchin, just a laugh about it...my bad! :oops: I do have to apologize for the lack of water at the course that was pretty pitiful on my part.

The scores are up on PDGA http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8916&year=2009&include_ratings=1#Open The scores and ratings look goofed up, but that's due to only playing 22 holes the 1st round. I used the par as all par 3's except #2 being the lone par 4.

With a few cleaned up areas I would enjoy playing that course over and over again, but if we could possibly get a permanent course in there, it would be much better. As for the Ace(s) :lol: Funny thing was that Josh Childs stayed at the house friday night and he was going through some random discs I had laying around. He asked what was this Aqua colored disc was, and I told him it was a Champ Starfire that I used to work some magic with back in the day and I stocked up on them but they just kind of got replaced by newer stuff. So on a whim I put one in the bag and sure enough 2 Aces with it :roll: I guess it earned a spot back in the bag :lol:

After being one of the TD's at 06 AM Worlds I kind of told myself I wasn't going to run another tournament for at least 3 years :shock: But you guys were a good group to deal with and who knows possibly FrizzBeeCafe Part Duex :wink:
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:35 pm

Did you have it with Everyone playing the same layout in the results?

Different divisions have pars that don't jive when everyone played the same tees the 2nd round.

That could be why the ratings looked jacked up, as a 74 in ADV has a different rating than 74 in the Pro Masters division.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby K-Mack » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:33 pm

Check, got it straightened out
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:41 pm

I coulda' won ADVANCED! DOH!

Good job K-Mack!
Woodrow

Postby BATMAN11348 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:02 am

K Mack , We had a great time at the tournment ,it was a great piece of land and hope you can make a perment course there.The lunch was great so nice not having to go somewhere to eat.Have a safe trip back home play smart. CONGRATS ON YOUR MARRIAGE...BATMAN
I AM NOT CRAZY...JUST A LITTLE BATTY
BATMAN11348
DX Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:24 pm

BATMAN11348 wrote:K Mack , We had a great time at the tournment ,it was a great piece of land and hope you can make a perment course there.The lunch was great so nice not having to go somewhere to eat.Have a safe trip back home play smart. CONGRATS ON YOUR MARRIAGE...BATMAN
Was that Batman? :roll:
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments