2010/2011 Rules of Engagement

Atlanta Area Bag Tag Challenge Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

2010/2011 Rules of Engagement

Postby Wookie » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:01 pm

1. Tags must be attached to bags or carts and carried whenever you are playing

2. You may challenge anyone carrying a tag.

3. The challenge must be accepted by each participating player to be valid

4. You may refuse a challenge if you are out practicing (this is acceptable occasionally), OR you are in a tournament and you have already accepted a challenge from another player not on your card.

5. You may not hide when you have a lower number tag (if it is found that you are doing this you probably will be called an assortment of names) It would be advisable if you have the #1 tag that you at least play a challenge once a month.

6. If you have to leave during a challenge round (for any reason) you will forfeit your tag and graciously accept the highest numbered tag in the group

7. In the case of a tie, the player who held the lowest numbered tag prior to the match would receive the lower numbered tag and so on

8. The current tag set (2010) will remain active until December 31, 2010

9. If you lose your tag you may be able to PURCHASE a new one (depending upon availability for $5.00)

10. Anyone caught cheating or holding out (purposely not bringing your tag) will be dealt with by the local players and I will make sure everyone finds out about it.

11. If you are playing in a tournament and someone on your card also has a tag then the challenge is automatic. If you have accepted a challenge from another player you must settle your "on card" challenge first. Example: You are holding number 10 and the person with number 15 challenges you but you are not playing together. There is a person with the number 7 in your group and you beat them, you become 7 and them 10. Now if number 15 beats you they get 7 and you go back to 15. Make sense?? :D

This is not PDGA sanctioned. This is about fun and sportsmanship and I want everyone to have a chance at the number one tag.

The tournament at the end of the year will consist of a match-play style of tournament and it will be set up in brackets, like the NCAA tournament for example, and players will have to win 7 to 9-hole rounds to advance, depending on how many players enter at the end of the year will determine how many rounds it could take.

In the event of a singles tournament, the player will have the option of accepting/challenging anyone in any division. But again, both parties must agree upon all challenges.

All challenges on your card take precedence over any challenge from another card. For example; if you have a challenge going with a person who is on another card, and you have an individual or group challenge going on your card, you have to settle with your card first and then you can settle any other challenges you may have.

If you lose your 2010 Atlanta Area Bag Tag, please report it immediately. You may then purchase the next random number Bag Tag available. Replacement tags, if available, will cost $5.00.

I would prefer for folks not to do big group throw ins this year. Lets try and keep it on a more personal level and challenge one another rather then the whole group.
Last edited by Wookie on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Re: 2009 Rules of Engagement

Postby maximus » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:41 pm

Wookie wrote:4. You may refuse a challenge if you are out practicing (this is acceptable occasionally), OR you are in a tournament and you have already accepted a challenge from another player not on your card.

11. If you are playing in a tournament and someone on your card also has a tag then the challenge is automatic. If you have accepted a challenge from another player you must settle your "on card" challenge first. Example: You are holding number 10 and the person with number 15 challenges you but you are not playing together. There is a person with the number 7 in your group and you beat them, you become 7 and them 10. Now if number 15 beats you they get 7 and you go back to 15. Make sense?? :D

I may be reading these wrong, but don't these two rules contradict each other?

I got tag AM 003 who wants it? I need to go play deerlick one day next week before the next GSSS. I've never played there, so you probably have a good chance at taking it.
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Postby atl scott » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Chris I'll play a round out at DL. PM me when you wanna go.
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby Wookie » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:50 am

They say things a little different. All players with tags on the same card are automatic on the challenge but you have the right to refuse a challenge from someone not on your card, especially if you have already accepted one off card challenge.

Don't take on to many at once. If you and someone else agree to play each other and you are not on the same card then only challenge them and not 2 or 3 other folks at the same time.

Example: If you and Scott are playing on different cards at a tournament and you challenge each other that is great. But, if I am playing in your group at a tournament, then we are automatically playing against each other and we have to settle up before you go settle up with Scott. If someone else comes up to you and ask to challenge before the round you have the right to say no because you and Scott are already playing each other.

This is a round by round thing, not for a whole tournament.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:06 am

Is there a handbook that comes with the tag now? :wink:
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby atl scott » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:03 pm

1. ATL Scott
2. Maximus
3. Plotky
4. ?

Come and get em boys.
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby jonp » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:26 am

Chris, bring your tag saturday...
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Postby maximus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:10 am

My tag is ALWAYS on my bag, like its supposed to be!

I'm ready to be tearin up some nooga arse!
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Postby Wookie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:14 am

Are those the current number for you guys?

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby Jay » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:18 am

Wookie.....where will you be this weekend. I would like to pick up a couple of tags.
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Postby monsterboys76 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:03 pm

i'm looking to get into the bag tag action. i will be at alexander this saturday morning for double is it possible to get one then? i can possibly make it out to ERP as well, but alexander is easier.
Greg Pothier
P SELECT
monsterboys76
Pro Plastic

Postby scprandy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:41 am

When and where will the end of year challenge happen?
Join the ADGO today !!!!!
scprandy
DX Plastic

Re: 2010 Rules of Engagement

Postby Wookie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Will everyone take a minute to read the rules for this year and let me know if there are questions.

The top post has been updated.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby crickey » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:09 pm

rule #4 should just be deleted, it is practically voided by #11
Tryin' to sing a familiar tune,
Howlin' the words under a bloodshot moon
crickey
DX Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:17 am

It clearly states "If you are playing in a tournament and someone on your card also has a tag then the challenge is automatic. If you have accepted a challenge from another player you must settle your "on card" challenge first. Where do they void each other Crickey?
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby crickey » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:30 pm

it says "not on your card" in #4

it says on card must be settled first in #11
Tryin' to sing a familiar tune,
Howlin' the words under a bloodshot moon
crickey
DX Plastic

Re: 2010/2011 Rules of Engagement

Postby Redan Randy » Sat May 21, 2011 7:15 pm

May i suggest a change in the wording for rule #7?
It should read, For tourneys(unless you are supposed to playoff) or if the round can't be completed because of light or time restraints, etc. I think the rule was put in place when a bunch of tags are thrown in during tourneys and players CAN'T playoff except the tied leaders. When i play casual tag golf, the round doesn't end in a tie. Here is an example why this rule should be re-worded. Say Keith has tag#1 and Woody has tag#2 and they end up tied at the end of the Redan Open Super Tour National World Championships, or the ROSTNWC. The rules of the ROSTNWC state that they must playoff to determine the winner. Of course, Woody wins on the first hole! But according to rule #7, Keith retains the #1 tag. Now that is just ridiculous!! It is just as lame when playing casual golf and the guy with the lower tag # lays up on 18 to preserve the tie!! I say, if you want ties, go to Eurpoe and play Futbol!!

Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Sun May 22, 2011 12:51 am

Woodrow

Postby Steve Adams » Sun May 22, 2011 7:27 am

Redan Randy wrote:May i suggest a change in the wording for rule #7?
It should read, For tourneys(unless you are supposed to playoff) or if the round can't be completed because of light or time restraints, etc. I think the rule was put in place when a bunch of tags are thrown in during tourneys and players CAN'T playoff except the tied leaders. When i play casual tag golf, the round doesn't end in a tie. Here is an example why this rule should be re-worded. Say Keith has tag#1 and Woody has tag#2 and they end up tied at the end of the Redan Open Super Tour National World Championships, or the ROSTNWC. The rules of the ROSTNWC state that they must playoff to determine the winner. Of course, Woody wins on the first hole! But according to rule #7, Keith retains the #1 tag. Now that is just ridiculous!! It is just as lame when playing casual golf and the guy with the lower tag # lays up on 18 to preserve the tie!! I say, if you want ties, go to Eurpoe and play Futbol!!

I don't think there should be a rule requiring challenges that end in a tie have a playoff. If the players involved agree to playoff, that's fine. When reporting the scores, please give me the score for initial 18 holes (so I can enter it as a challenge on DiscGolfScene) then let me know the final scenario of the playoff. I can enter the scores for 18 hole challenge and then adjust the tag assignments to match the playoff results.
I can certainly see scenarios where someone cannot stay later for a playoff (previous commitments, daylight waining, etc).
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Sun May 22, 2011 9:34 am

Good call! That's the way i thought it should be. It has come up recently, people are taking it literally, and i thought it should be clarified. Thanks Steve!!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Return to Atlanta Bag Tag Challenge