AWARDS AFTER THE EVENT!

lUNCH List
Chicken Legs (60 +/-) = $1 each
Burgers w/ or w/out cheese(25 +/-) = $ 2 each
chips = 2 for $1
Can refreshment (coke/pepsi) = $ 1 each
Fresh Baked Philly Dough Pretzels = $1 each

Chicken flavors = BBQ, Spicy orange BBQ, garlic & red pepper, and lemon pepper
Burgers = cheese or no cheese, ketchup and mustard on site.
Chips = the variety packs, doritos, fritos, regular chips, etc.
Can Refreshment = Coke, Pepsi, & Sprite

Please park in the skateboard / mini golf parking lot (first Park entrance you come to off of Mack Rd) Look for disc golf banners. Tourny Central will be at the playground next to the building that parallels Hole 8's fairway. There will be NO PARKING ALLOWED down by the pavilion next to the lake and #2 Basket, as that road will be off limits to vehicles during the Event. There are plenty of parking spaces in the lot, but be warned that parking on the edge of the # 8 fairway, although somewhat shady, could get your car hit by discs that lose thier way heading towards the parking lot. :mrgreen:

Also, just to let everyone know, there will be cake at the awards ceremony to celebrate Courtney and Kevin's wedding, since thier Georgia disc golf friends didn't get to be there (except for some seeing it on the live feed). It will be in the activity room inside the main building on the other side of the lake from hole 2's basket.

It is open to ANYONE that wishes to show up, you do NOT have to be a player to join in. It should be approximately around 4:30 - 5PM.

I hope to see everyone there.

Also I'll have Dry Fit Polo shirts back in stock as well as all of the other GSSS merchandise available for sale.

Don't forget to bring extra change for the fine food from Mr. Henley, and the 50/50 raffle to benefit EDGE and the 5 golfers whose tickets get pulled in the drawing.

See everyone in 4 days!

Keith

There will be only 1 change from last years Event - There will be a temp basket for 16 which will be on top of the mound (where the spaceship resides at the PPIC Events)

HOLE BY HOLE DESCRIPTIONS FOR DEERLICK PARK POOLS 1 & 2

POOL 1 IS ALL PROS, BOTH ADVANCED DIVISIONS AND INTERMEDIATE Par 56
POOL 2 IS RECREATIONAL MEN AND WOMEN Par 55

TWO METER RULE IS IN EFFECT

Hole 1 215 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee from pad to basket straight ahead.
Road and beyond is OB. Creek on left is casual water (if any)
To next tee turn left across bridge, to tee #2

Hole 2 235 ft Par 3
String line and beyond is OB., Creek on left is casual water (if any)
To next tee, Pool 1 turns left to #3 tee pad, Pool 2 turns right to tee flags near pond.

Hole 3 450 / 220 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket on the hillside.
Surrounded by water is OB. Beyond string line at corner of pond is OB.
In or across any road (except rock road) is OB.
To next tee cross road towards #4 tee

Hole 4 280 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket down by the creek.
Parking lot on left is OB. Surrounded by water in the creek is OB.
To next tee, Pool 1 turns left towards the trees to #5 tee, Pool 2 straight ahead to tee flags.

Hole 5 260 / 205 ft Par 3
Both pools tee to basket near edge of tree line. Surrounded by water in the creek is OB.
To next tee both pools turn left, Pool 2 tees from CONCRETE tee pad 50 feet away,
Pool 1 continues to a tee area marked by tee flags near the fence.

Hole 6 205 / 175 ft Par 3
Both pools tee to a basket near the fence line.
Beyond fence / string line is OB. In or across Park Entrance road is OB (NO LEANERS)
To next tee go straight ahead across road to #7 tee

Hole 7 310 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket in the trees straight ahead. Beyond fence line on left is OB.
To next tee, both Pools turn left and towards the road for #8 tees

Hole 8 465 / 345 ft Par 3
Pool 1 tees from tee flags inside tree line, Pool 2 tees from tee flags near bushes 120 feet ahead to a basket near parking lot entrance straight ahead.
Road and beyond is OB. In or across Parking Lot is OB (NO LEANERS)
Lost Disc in the CASUAL WATER ONLY (if any) will make next shot from drop zone flags near water with a 1 stroke penalty.
To next tee turn right towards corner of Batting Cages to #9 tee
Hole 9 275 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee from tee flags to a basket in the woods straight ahead.
Concrete around Batting Cages is OB.
To next tee head turn right to tee flags for #10.

Hole 10 195 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee from tee flags to a basket straight ahead.
To next tee, Pool 1 straight to tee flags for #11, Pool 2 goes to tee flags 55 feet ahead.

Hole 11 260 / 205 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket ahead and slightly to the right.
To next tee, both Pools turn right and go out of the woods to the tee flags in the field.

Hole 12 360 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket at the edge of the tree line near the Cell tower.
To next tee both Pools follow path to the right to the #13 tee.

Hole 13 300 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket across the field on the slope to the left.
To next tee both Pools turn left, follow path to Pool 1 tee flags. Pool 2 turns right, and continues down the fairway 115 feet to tee flags near the right side of the fairway.

Hole 14 400 / 285 ft Par 4 / 3
Both pools tee to a basket down the fairway and to the left.
To next tee both Pools turn right to the tee flags for #15.
Pool 2 turns right and continues down the fairway 100 feet.

Hole 15 290 / 190 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket straight ahead.
To next tee both Pools go straight ahead to tee flags. Pool 2 continues down the hill to the tee flags near the wood pile in the field.

Hole 16 585 / 405 ft Par 4
Both Pools tee to a Temp basket straight ahead in the field on top of the mound.
To next tee both Pools turn left to woods. Pool 1 turns left inside woods to #17 tee flags.
Pool 2 stays straight inside woods about 60 feet to tee flags near gully.

Hole 17 320 / 225 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket ahead, and slightly right in the woods.
To next tee both Pools turn left towards road to tee flags for #18. Pool 2 continues down fairway for 100 feet to tee flags.

Hole 18 290 / 196 ft Par 3
Pool 1 MANDO!!! Left of marked tree, Drop Zone is Pool 2 tee flags.
Road and beyond is OB. Sidewalk and beyond at restrooms is OB.
To next tee, both Pools cross road and go down the stairs to #1 tee pad.

6 SPOTS LEFT AS OF 1:19 AM MARCH 3rd!

Only 10 PRO OPEN signed up so far :shock:

Signup here:
http://www.sdsproshop.com/pd-gsss_ind_event.cfm

Registered Players:
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8443
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Re: GSSS EVENT # 3 INFORMATION

Postby solstice_disc_sports » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:34 pm

Countdown IN PROGRESS:

solstice_disc_sports
DX Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Nice job Keith on staggering registration this year.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby solstice_disc_sports » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 pm

SOLD OUT!

44 spots in just a little over 3 days!
ChrisP. - PDGA 24826 - ADGO 181
www.eatsleepdisc.com
solstice_disc_sports
DX Plastic

Postby volsfandl » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:45 pm

Wow!
volsfandl
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:15 pm

44 spots sold in 86 hours! :shock: :shock:

I don't know if Barry was being facetious or genuinely glad about staggering the signups, but for the most part I think it works.

Event #1 at the CRUCIBLE took 15 days to sell out.

Event #2 at McCurry took 34 days to sell out .

Event #3 took 86 HOURS to sell out after holding 1 Event.

So here's a contest for EVERYONE (whether or not you are playing in any of the Events)
Event #4 at Blairsville goes on sale April 11th. I will give a GSSS disc of your choice to the person who comes closest to actual hours Event #4 will sell out after going on sale at Midnite April 11th. Being Easter weekend and with the course being in the North, I'll say somewhere in the high 100's(but don't let me sway your votes :mrgreen: )
Votes may be sent by PM only on this message board and will be counted until 5PM on Lorelei's Birthday.
That doesn't leave you much time to vote. (No sarcastic comments from Woody please :mrgreen: )
Winner must NOT GO OVER the actual hours and can claim their disc any time after the Event sells out.
This will also be posted in the MAIN GSSS thread and you are welcome to tell your freinds.
Only ONE Vote per person, and you MUST let me know your real name in the PM, or the vote will be VOIDED and will NOT COUNT.

Have fun and enjoy voting!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby mrpbody33 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:38 pm

I don't know if Barry was being facetious or genuinely glad about staggering the signups, but for the most part I think it works.

Totally serious. Sometimes I don't have the capital to buy into all the tourneys at once and I think this works great for folks like myself.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby atl scott » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:47 pm

mrpbody33 wrote:Sometimes I don't have the capital to buy into all the tourneys at once

Also means you don't have to plan your whole year that far in advance. Thanks Keith.
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:17 pm

I know it is "SOLD OUT" but I really want in this tourney! I told a friend I would do it with him and I just got the money today. Please let me in. Expand it to 74 people or something. This will be my first tourney and I want in the Rec Division. Please.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:25 pm

Whine to someone else corndawg. Keith has strict rules and there's no way that he's going to change to help out the lazy.

Bit of advice, ask him about the wait list!!!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:31 pm

richardhead wrote:Bit of advice, ask him about the wait list!!!

You're a cruel man Jay!
"Fearlessly the Idiot faced the crowd, Smiling"
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:38 pm

Can I get on the Wait List?TM
Woodrow

Postby Corndawg13 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:17 pm

Sooooo quick to judge for no reason. Geez. Not Lazy, laid off in October and do not have a lot of money is accurate. Thank GOD I got a great job Monday though!! Anyway, Keith, may I be on the waiting list as well please?
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:48 pm

Woody is in charge of the waitlist - you'll have to run all requests past him. :mrgreen:

For any new players to area in the last 18 months PLEASE read below before asking again. Thanks!
:mrgreen:
For anyone who thinks the above sentence is truthful, keep reading please keeping in mind the dates they were posted on.
Re: GSSS #2 Information
by keith johnson on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:18 pm

red wrote:
Seriously if there is no waitlist then what do you do with someones spot if they call you before the tourney and say they can't make it. Does the spot go empty or do you try and find someone else to play? Also, what happens the day of if someone doesn't show? Do you just bank on someone who wants to play will show up? Also, if someone meets the deadline and drops out in time to get their money back, what is the process of finding someone else to play? Is there a super secret waitlist or do you just open the phone book to A and start calling until someone accepts? Or maybe registration opens all over again until another person registers? Just wondering about the process...I haven't had time to be on the board lately and I don't want to miss anything you know if something is posted and I don't have the board up every second to see the announcement of a spot opening or something like that!

It's funny that you of all people who were the one who got to take advantage of this same situation at last year's VERY FIRST GSSS Event - and yet you are now bringing up "CLAIMS" to have no idea how it works.

There are NO "offical - I'm starting a public message board list - waitlists" - IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH? Just like last year.
I do not wish to have people drive 1-2 hours to a course on the "OFF CHANCE" that someone doesn't show. If locals to the course want to stop by and see if a spot opens, or if someone wants to drive that's on them, but I am not promoting, supporting, or condoning it.
If people drop out early (before Wednesday NOON the week of the Event) they can apply their entry fee to a remaining Event or get a refund, Just like last year.
If people don't show day of and there are people at the course who are waiting to see if people don't show I ask if anyone wishes to play and if they have cash with them I'll put them in the spot, Just like last year.
If people tell me in passing that they'd like to know if a spot opens up early, I file it away mentally and call them if a spot opens up, Just like last year.
When all Mental names are used and there is still a spot left during the WEEK OF the Event, I will post it on the board to the first person to PM or Email me, just like last year.
If someone doesn't show day of and no one is waiting at the course the spot goes empty, Just like last year.
Happened only once in any of last years Events - missing one person - only 5 people at all 6 EVENTS combined didn't show day of - and it happened this year at the CRUCIBLE when Clay Martin didn't show - missing one person.

So what part of the process that's exactly the same as last year do you need to have be clarified still?.

You can ask several people what I've told them on the phone when they've called (even from TN and AL) and they'll tell you the same thing I just typed here.

Woody is smart enough to let me know early enough that he'd like to be considered, so he's usually near the top of the Mental list, but there are NEVER any guarantees that anyone will get in from the Mental list with the new way of signing up, as there are only 44 spots for EACH Event left, so my best advice is exactly the same as last year in that it's easier to signup and get your money back if you can't make it, than hope that you can get in after it's SOLD OUT.

Please read this from December of '08 explaining AGAIN about the waitlists:
by keith johnson on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:25 pm

Just a reminder to all, that like with the GSSS'08 Events, there will be NO Wait lists for ANY Event. Lake Russell had one only because of selling out literally 5 & 1/2 months in advance. The changing and cancellations of 20 people in the 3 weeks prior to Lake Russell caused me to come up with a better idea.

That led to the change for the GSSS'09 Events to only turning on registration 10 (TEN) weeks before each individual Event, and limiting the all 6 Event signups to 22 to keep all 72 spots for all 6 Events from selling out before the first Event.

The first posts in this thread and the Registration link at http://www.supersixseries.com both have the Individual Events dates for the signup to be turned on.

Short of setting up a cloned course so that I could have 144 players, all I can do is keep everyone updated with the counts as they are selling - which I did.

I also reminded everyone to tell their friends that don't frequent the message board, and mentioned it incessantly at every doubles and local Event I played At White Oak, Perkerson for both the ADGO Member Event and Montlhy, and the Cold Snake Classic presented by DiscCaddie I talked to anyone who would listen. since turning on the registration page NOVEMBER 1st.

By now EVERYONE knows the deal that hasn't just moved to ATL in the last 10 months. I can't do anymore.

Sincerely,
Keith
keith johnson

Postby grease » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:12 pm

The Atlanta Open Am weekend is not full yet!
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby keith johnson » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:22 pm

grease wrote:The Atlanta Open Am weekend is not full yet!

Hey - I don't promote MY Events in the AO Thread. :shock: :mrgreen:

By the way it is now Official - "Open Pros hate theLick" - only 5 PAID entries signed up (1/2 of the field) and the pros are the ones who get the lion's share of the added cash. :shock:

Keith
keith johnson

Postby grease » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:35 pm

What do you mean? There are 10 open players signed up. BTW, I only mentioned
the AO because your tourney was full.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby keith johnson » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:21 pm

grease wrote:What do you mean? There are 10 open players signed up. BTW, I only mentioned
the AO because your tourney was full.

Hence the 1/2 the field comment, as the other 5 are Georgia's team members, and 10 open players is the LOWEST total of any GSSS to date. Only ONE west side PRO OPEN player even signed up - that was Rand. No Drage, Cralle, Millay, Garner, etc.
There were at LEAST 16 at EVERY Event except that last year there were 11 for Augusta with Shuman and myself playing OPEN, and with Dollar and McCoy being the only GA team members(at that time)to play.
There was 16 OPEN, 9 Masters, and 2 Pro women at "theLick" last year, this year 10 OPEN, 7 Masters and 2 Pro Women.

Even at the PRIMO PLASTIC 2 there were only 13 OPEN pros, counting Burton and Doug Porter, who plays twice a year at best. :mrgreen:

Sorry Greg, but as Gomez would say - comment confirmed!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Woodrow » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:48 am

Hey, get off my thread, will ya'? I'm in charge now!..... I decided.

.....and the KJ.
Rand has my vote! -Chinese Proverb (Hey! Not trying to be a douche bag or nuthin'; just sayin'.)
Woodrow

Postby kade.erp » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:28 am

Well Keith, the lick is my least favorite course of your super six. This could hold true for the pro opinions too. Next year, White Oak!
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:18 am

kade.erp wrote:Well Keith, the lick is my least favorite course of your super six. This could hold true for the pro opinions too. Next year, White Oak!

I know Deerlick isn't everyone's favorite, but it sold out in 86 hours, and 72 people are playing it.
I believe it is still a decent course on that side of town to play tournaments on.
You and everyone else has to remember that it was originally NOT going to be on the schedule - it was going to be replaced with Rome, until Rome wanted to charge 1 grand to reserve the park, and White Oak did not exist as a permanent course at the time of planning.
Besides White Oak is Mikey's course for Events in spring time frame.
In September when I start planning for GSSS'10, I'll evaluate and see which courses would be a good fit to keep the tradition of the GSSS alive. There are lots of people who want me to go here and use this and that courses, but with all the new up and coming TD's and courses spreading through the area, it is harder to find places to play where I'm NOT stepping on someone's "Turf". Maybe this will be the last year where I can "choose" where I'd like to have Events, instead of being "forced" to find six courses. Worst case scenario, I can run all 6 at Central.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Wookie » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:31 am

Worst case scenario, I can run all 6 at Central.

Please don't do that. :mrgreen:
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby Mike D » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:51 am

kade.erp wrote:Well Keith, the lick is my least favorite course of your super six. This could hold true for the pro opinions too. Next year, White Oak!

Sounds good to me!!

Keith,

I have no problem with you using White Oak for GSSS next year.

Just let me know what I can do to help.

Later,

Mike D
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:07 pm

There are lots of people who want me to go here and use this and that courses, but with all the new up and coming TD's and courses spreading through the area, it is harder to find places to play where I'm NOT stepping on someone's "Turf".
Keith

Stepping on someones 'turf"? I understand most courses are run/kept up by a club/TD group , but they are public parks you know. The turf is for everyone. Maybe you'd be stepping on toes because your tourneys are better than theirs?!?! IDK. If I owned a course I would want a PDGA sanctioned event there every weekend. You make it sound like out of the 52 weeks in the year each course can have only a limited number of tournaments. huh?
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Sorry Kade, But you are looking at it differently than how it's meant.

Several things are at play, including working WITH the people whose hard work and time got the course installled to begin with in some cases.
You can just sledgehammer your way into the area and say I'm doing this or I'm doing that, without working With everyone that has been in the area doing things long before I arrived here. It's called Manners, and being nice to the people who are also supporting the sport. There is alot of communication that goes on behind the scenes locally as well as regionally, as TD's try to set schedules in the fall each year. Sometimes when GREAT things like getting NT's happen, you (I) have to flexible and luckily the parks department had enough notice and the weekend was still free at McCurry to move the Event 1 week earlier.

I'll use Mikey, and White Oak as one example because we get along fine and communicate with each other.
When White Oak was first talked about becoming a permanent thing in the late summer last year, Mikey and I were at White Oak the day of the Juniors Event at Deerlick and discussed possibly using it for the GSSS Event #2 because at that time the course was supposed to be approved and in the ground by possibly DEC - but within a few weeks the plans got pushed back, there was no guarantee when the baskets might get installed, and I wasn't going to deal with 2 temp courses for the 1st 2 Events in areas I lived nowhere near. That's when Rome was discussed, and when the park department in Rome would not be flexible with the amount to be charged to use the course for that weekend, that went away also.
Mikey still likes to run and wished to run an Event at "his baby" during that time frame, so we agreed to have it be the same as in '08 where I would use Mother's Day weekend Saturday, and his Event would be the week after, as Mikey was pretty sure the baskets would be installed by May of '09 (he was right). So that left us with our friend "theLick" which hardly needs any prep for to be tournament ready.
I was also working with Matthew Mashburn since he is the contact and point person at Meeks about using Meeks in the summer as everyone seemed to love the course (I have yet to see it) so it could replace Augusta as a venue, now that Augusta has 74 Events a year there. :mrgreen:
And so by the beginning of October, the courses were set, so I could plan the '09 Series that exists today. :mrgreen:

This is just 1/100th of what goes on behind the scenes as everyone is looking to work together to make the disc golf tournament scence in this area the best it can be.

In 2005 there were only 17 PDGA Sanctioned Events in the ENTIRE state of GA - only 5 months where there was more than 1 Event in the month - and only 9 of the 17 Events still exist today.
In 2008 there were 44 PDGA Sanctioned Events in the state with no less than 2 each month (2 Events 4 times) and at least 5 Events in 5 different months.
This year there are already 31 scheduled PDGA Sanctioned Events and we are only at March 5th.

So as you can see there is a lot of planning to deal with to make sure that every TD for the most part is happy and that we all work together to get along without having anyone feeling like they have someone just taking over a course without dealing with the people that are instrumental in getting and keeping the local parks departments happy.

Just some of my thoughts on "turf" :mrgreen:

Keith
keith johnson

Postby kade.erp » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:15 am

Thats the longest explaination for a four letter word. :lol: and a lot of growth! Thanks man keep it up.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby gvan » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:31 am

Keith,

You can never be accused of not being thorough. That was interesting and it's good to know the tournament scene is growing here. I am new to the sport and the knowledge that a tourney is just around the corner means keeps me focused on improving.
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby atl scott » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:10 am

I like deer lick and hope it stays on the list.
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:18 am

Mike D wrote:
Keith,

I have no problem with you using White Oak for GSSS next year.
Just let me know what I can do to help.
Later,
Mike D

We'll talk later as I think "theOak" would make a GREAT addition to the GSSS courses, and would love to be able to use it in the GSSS'10.

Thanks,
Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:21 am

kade.erp wrote:Thats the longest explaination for a four letter word. :lol: and a lot of growth! Thanks man keep it up.

It's not all me, it's the other guys who are doing all the hard work, I'm just lucky to be able to work with them, doing what I love to do.

Is that shorter? :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby mr.disc » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:23 am

not quite.
"Feared by deer, Adored by women"
mr.disc
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:43 am

now?
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:35 pm

keith johnson wrote:44 spots sold in 86 hours! :shock: :shock:

So here's a contest for EVERYONE (whether or not you are playing in any of the Events)
Event #4 at Blairsville goes on sale April 11th. I will give a GSSS disc of your choice to the person who comes closest to actual hours Event #4 will sell out after going on sale at Midnite April 11th. Being Easter weekend and with the course being in the North, I'll say somewhere in the high 100's(but don't let me sway your votes :mrgreen: )
Votes may be sent by PM only on this message board and will be counted until 5PM on Lorelei's Birthday.
That doesn't leave you much time to vote. (No sarcastic comments from Woody please :mrgreen: )
Winner must NOT GO OVER the actual hours and can claim their disc any time after the Event sells out.
Keith

Time is up and these are the eligible people.
Sellout guesses

Corey Landers 370 hrs
Jon Plotky 97.5 hours
Tony Moussakhani 122 Hours
Wade Selph 266 hours
Chris Quarles 92.333 hours
JR Bowers 83 hours
Brian Lang 201 hours
Scott Vaughan 240 hrs
keith johnson

Postby TeeBird » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:34 pm

yes I had the lowest guess so I win hint hint
J.R. Bowers PDGA# 37857 TEAM GREENHILLWOOD POSSE
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:10 am

TeeBird wrote:yes I had the lowest guess so I win hint hint

The guesses are for Event #4 which goes on sale April 11th.

You've got to wait a couple more weeks still. :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby TeeBird » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:18 am

I was just playing
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Re: GSSS EVENT # 3 DEERLICK INFORMATION

Postby keith johnson » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:55 pm

HOLE BY HOLE DESCRIPTIONS FOR DEERLICK PARK POOLS 1 & 2

POOL 1 IS ALL PROS, BOTH ADVANCED DIVISIONS AND INTERMEDIATE Par 55
POOL 2 IS RECREATIONAL MEN AND WOMEN Par 54

TWO METER RULE IS IN EFFECT

Hole 1 215 ft Par 3
Road and beyond is OB. Creek on left is casual water (if any)
To next tee turn left across bridge, to tee #2

Hole 2 235 ft Par 3
String line and beyond is OB., Creek on left is casual water (if any)
To next tee, Pool 1 turns left to #3 tee pad, Pool 2 turns right to tee flags near pond.

Hole 3 450 / 220 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket on the hillside.
Surrounded by water is OB. Beyond string line at corner of pond is OB.
In or across any road (except rock road) is OB.
To next tee cross road towards #4 tee

Hole 4 280 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket down by the creek.
Parking lot on left is OB. Surrounded by water in the creek is OB.
To next tee, Pool 1 turns left towards the trees to #5 tee, Pool 2 straight ahead to tee flags.

Hole 5 260 / 205 ft Par 3
Both pools tee to basket near edge of tree line. Surrounded by water in the creek is OB.
To next tee both pools turn left, Pool 2 tees from CONCRETE tee pad 50 feet away,
Pool 1 continues to a tee area marked by tee flags near the fence.

Hole 6 205 / 175 ft Par 3
Both pools tee to a basket near the fence line.
Beyond fence / string line is OB. In or across Park Entrance road is OB (NO LEANERS)
To next tee go straight ahead across road to #7 tee

Hole 7 310 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket in the trees straight ahead. Beyond fence line on left is OB.
To next tee, both Pools turn left and towards the road for #8 tees

Hole 8 465 / 345 ft Par 3
Pool 1 tees from tee flags inside tree line, Pool 2 tees from tee flags near bushes 120 feet ahead to a basket near parking lot entrance straight ahead.
Road and beyond is OB. In or across Parking Lot is OB (NO LEANERS)
Lost Disc in the CASUAL WATER ONLY (if any) will make next shot from drop zone flags near water with a 1 stroke penalty.
To next tee turn right towards corner of Batting Cages to #9 tee
Hole 9 275 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee from tee flags to a basket in the woods straight ahead.
Concrete around Batting Cages is OB.
To next tee head turn right to tee flags for #10.

Hole 10 195 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee from tee flags to a basket straight ahead.
To next tee, Pool 1 straight to tee flags for #11, Pool 2 goes to tee flags 55 feet ahead.

Hole 11 260 / 205 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket ahead and slightly to the right.
To next tee, both Pools turn right and go out of the woods to the tee flags in the field.

Hole 12 360 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket at the edge of the tree line near the Cell tower.
To next tee both Pools follow path to the right to the #13 tee.

Hole 13 300 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket across the field on the slope to the left.
To next tee both Pools turn left, follow path to Pool 1 tee flags. Pool 2 turns right, and continues down the fairway 115 feet to tee flags near the right side of the fairway.

Hole 14 400 / 285 ft Par 4 / 3
Both pools tee to a basket down the fairway and to the left.
To next tee both Pools turn right to the tee flags for #15.
Pool 2 turns right and continues down the fairway 100 feet.

Hole 15 290 / 190 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket straight ahead.
To next tee both Pools go straight ahead to tee flags. Pool 2 continues down the hill to the tee flags near the wood pile in the field.

Hole 16 585 / 405 ft Par 4
Both Pools tee to a basket straight ahead in the field.
To next tee both Pools turn left to woods. Pool 1 turns left inside woods to #17 tee flags.
Pool 2 stays straight inside woods about 60 feet to tee flags near gully.

Hole 17 320 / 225 ft Par 3
Both Pools tee to a basket ahead, and slightly right in the woods.
To next tee both Pools turn left towards road to tee flags for #18. Pool 2 continues down fairway for 100 feet to tee flags.

Hole 18 290 / 196 ft Par 3
Pool 1 MANDO!!! Left of marked tree, Drop Zone is Pool 2 tee flags.
Road and beyond is OB. Sidewalk and beyond at restrooms is OB.
To next tee, both Pools cross road and go down the stairs to #1 tee pad.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Thanks again to JOSH HENLEY who will be cooking for all the players at EXCELLENT prices at Deerlick on the 9th of May.
Below is the available foods and prices. Please be sure to stick around at lunch for some good food at great prices!

LUNCH List
Chicken Legs (60 +/-) = $1 each
Burgers w/ or w/out cheese(25 +/-) = $ 2 each
chips = 2 for $1
Can refreshment (coke/pepsi) = $ 1 each
Fresh Baked Philly Dough Pretzels = $1 each

Chicken flavors = BBQ, Spicy orange BBQ, garlic & red pepper, and lemon pepper
Burgers = cheese or no cheese, ketchup and mustard on site.
Chips = the variety packs, doritos, fritos, regular chips, etc.
Can Refreshment = Coke, Pepsi, & Sprite
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:10 pm

THIS EVENT IS A PDGA SANCTIONED C-TIER EVENT
2 ROUNDS OF 18 HOLES

SATURDAY CHECK-IN 8:15-9:15 AM
PLAYERS MEETING 9:30 AM
1ST ROUND TEE-OFF 10:00 AM
LUNCH BREAK AT JOSH'S GRILL AT TOURNAMENT CENTRAL
2ND ROUND TEE-OFF TO BE ANNOUNCED
AWARDS AFTER THE EVENT!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:33 pm

There are still 12 tee signs available for GSSS Event # 3 at Deeerlick.

Holes 1,2,4,6,8,and 17 are taken - same deal as always - $25 for just sign and name in program, Only $35 gets you the sign, name in program and any GSSS disc in inventory.

Deadline is 5PM May 4th.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Clunck » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:55 pm

keith johnson wrote:There are still 12 tee signs available for GSSS Event # 3 at Deeerlick.

Holes 1,2,4,6,8,and 17 are taken - same deal as always - $25 for just sign and name in program, Only $35 gets you the sign, name in program and any GSSS disc in inventory.

Deadline is 5PM May 4th.

Keith

Just sayin'
That was in, cocker block doesn't count!
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby Steve Adams » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Keith,
Do you have a players list that can be posted? Thanks
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:29 pm

Steve Adams wrote:Keith,

Same place it's been posted since December 15th, 2008 :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby SheDawg » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:26 pm

Rachel D. Conley
SheDawg
Barney

Postby Steve Adams » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:34 am

Thanks Rachel
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Postby Steve Adams » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:36 am

keith johnson wrote:

Rachel posted a link on the thread. Where was this posted? I looked through this thread a couple of times and also went to the GSSS main website. Didn't see it there.
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Postby jonp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:31 am

Steve Adams wrote:
keith johnson wrote:

Rachel posted a link on the thread. Where was this posted? I looked through this thread a couple of times and also went to the GSSS main website. Didn't see it there.

http://www.discgolfatlanta.com ... approximately dead center on your screen

just sayin' :)
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Postby Jay » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:53 am

...Bottom of first post :D
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Postby Wookie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:11 am

It has also been listed on the PDGA site for a long time now as well.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Wookie wrote:It has also been listed on the PDGA site for a long time now as well.

Isn't that what I said in MY answer? :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby Steve Adams » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:32 am

Jay wrote:...Bottom of first post :D

OK, obviously I'm vision impaired. Maybe next time you can surround it with some of those flashing lights and a big sign saying "Steve, This is the registered users link". :mrgreen:
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:46 am

Steve Adams wrote:
Jay wrote:...Bottom of first post :D

OK, obviously I'm vision impaired. Maybe next time you can surround it with some of those flashing lights and a big sign saying "Steve, This is the registered users link". :mrgreen:

THIS IS FOR STEVE - or anyone else also looking :mrgreen:

For future reference ALL GSSS Events are already on the PDGA Schedule and have been since DEC 15th, 2008 when I cut off the signup for all 6 Events. The links don't ever change location, just the players get added, or changed, but the tournament link stays the same as it's tied to the Event, not the players being added or subtracted whenever that happens.

Closest I could get to flashing lights :lol:

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri May 01, 2009 12:19 am

Just a quick reminder as the deadline is 4 days away.

There are still 11 tee signs available for GSSS Event # 3 at Deeerlick.

Holes 1,2,4,6,8,17, and 18 are taken - same deal as always - $25 for just sign and name in program, Only $35 gets you the sign, name in program and any GSSS disc in inventory.

Deadline is 5PM May 4th.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue May 05, 2009 12:45 am

Please park in the skateboard / mini golf parking lot (first Park entrance you come to off of Mack Rd) Look for disc golf banners. Tourny Central will be at the playground next to the building that parallels Hole 8's fairway. There will be NO PARKING ALLOWED down by the pavilion next to the lake and #2 Basket, as that road will be off limits to vehicles during the Event. There are plenty of parking spaces in the lot, but be warned that parking on the edge of the # 8 fairway, although somewhat shady, could get your car hit by discs that lose thier way heading towards the parking lot. :mrgreen:

Also, just to let everyone know, there will be cake at the awards ceremony to celebrate Courtney and Kevin's wedding, since thier Georgia disc golf friends didn't get to be there (except for some seeing it on the live feed). It will be in the activity room inside the main building on the other side of the lake from hole 2's basket.

It is open to ANYONE that wishes to show up, you do NOT have to be a player to join in. It should be approximately around 4:30 - 5PM.

I hope to see everyone there.

Also I'll have Dry Fit Polo shirts back in stock as well as all of the other GSSS merchandise available for sale.

Don't forget to bring extra change for the fine food from Mr. Henley, and the 50/50 raffle to benefit EDGE and the 5 golfers whose tickets get pulled in the drawing.

See everyone in 4 days!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby djester » Tue May 05, 2009 10:50 am

anyone for the 50/50 raffle??? or is it limited to players only?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby keith johnson » Tue May 05, 2009 11:43 am

djester wrote:anyone for the 50/50 raffle??? or is it limited to players only?

Anyone can purchase tickets

1 for $1
4 for $3
8 for $5

50% of the money to Edge - and 50% of the money goes back to the 5th ticket drawn, Tickets 1-4 get prizes worth between 8-25 dollars.

Will also have the newly wedded McCoy signed disc available to purchase in the silent auction.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri May 08, 2009 9:18 am

For the 50/50 raffle this time only - instead of the other 50% going to EDGE I will donate it plus the money raised with the silent auction to the Aiden Hughes fund - so buy those tickets to help the Hughes family out.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Mike D » Fri May 08, 2009 10:36 am

Keith,

On behalf of Melanie and Jason, THANK YOU!!

Everyone else, PLEASE buy those tickets. The Hughes family can use every cent we can donate.

Also please keep them in your thoughts as you play this weekend.

Thanks,

Mike D
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Fri May 08, 2009 10:26 pm

It's gonna be tough playing the Lick and not working people with my slide whistle.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Moose » Sat May 09, 2009 12:47 am

is the tourny full
"Though no one can go back in time and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
Moose
DX Plastic

Postby TeeBird » Sat May 09, 2009 8:46 pm

if anyone found my wifes stool and my sons red bag please contact me (404)975-9274 thank you
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby TeeBird » Sat May 09, 2009 8:54 pm

keith another great tounament beautiful weather and great people thanks my wife is in love with tournaments now, Im going to go broke now lol
TeeBird
DX Plastic

Postby grease » Sat May 09, 2009 9:36 pm

Teebird, did your wife's stool have electrical tape on the legs? If so, Keith has it.

Thanks Keith for a good time at the Lick. I'm especially proud of the money that we raised
for the Hughes family. Everyone was awesome in that respect today. Thank you very much!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Moose » Sun May 10, 2009 12:10 am

who won intermediate.....AM....Masters....pro
"Though no one can go back in time and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
Moose
DX Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Sun May 10, 2009 12:29 am

Damn! Did Who win all that ? Where'd you get this info ?
Woodrow

Postby keith johnson » Sun May 10, 2009 11:42 am

Results are up.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results? ... =8443#Open

Beautiful weather for BOTH Rounds this time at "theLick"

Thanks to Lorelei, Brett Porter, and the Shimkus clan for their help with Event, as well as all the players who brought Tsigns and water jugs in after the second round.

HUGE THANKS to Josh Henley for supplying an OUTSTANDING lunch for the players, it was definately appreciated! Thanks to Dave Douglas for the OB Rope work on Hole 3 and for his help with the park!

I have JR's stool and bag.

The black stool Greg was talking about I also have, if you can describe it I will get it back to you.

Thanks to everyone who purchased 50/50 raffle tickets to help the Hughes family with thier expenses.
We sold 260 dollars worth which was worth 130 to the Hughes family, the 3 silent auction discs raised 61 dollars, and then no one hit the ace fund so the players voted to donate the 94 dollars to the family also. The 50/50 wining ticket holder was Greg Campbell who graciously donated the 130 dollars winnings to the Hughes also making the total donation 415 dollars from the disc golfers.

Congrats to the newly wedded Courney McCoy in Pro Women, Phil Athur for his victory in Open Men (only player shooting both rounds under 50) Woody for his crushing win in Pro Masters (would have been 3rd in Open :shock: ), Carrie Pierce in REC Women, Richard McGraw in INT, Dustin Perry in ADV, and Barry Arnson in REC Men

Remember Event# 5 goes on sale May 30th at 12:01 AM
See everyone at Blairsville,

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Brian Lang » Sun May 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Special recognition to Dustin Perry. He has came from having two rounds in the 810s at last years Ridge Ferry tournament in Rec to winning Advanced at Deerlick in less than a year later. And by the way, finished 1st at the Crucible and The Amateur Championships at Bowling Green along the way. If there was a GA Amateur Rookie of the year he would have to be considered.
PDGA # 36585
ADGO # 240
Brian Lang
DX Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Sun May 10, 2009 2:22 pm

Wish I could have made it. I had a work commitment. After looking at the advanced field I do have to say you guys got punked by a Rec bagger :P . I dont know you Mr Perry but well done. Your stats do speak for themselves and a most-improved trophy is well deserved!
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby TokioJason » Sun May 10, 2009 8:55 pm

I wasn't aware that Dustin won at bowling green for the rec. That means we had 2 Georgia boy's take Intermediate and Rec. Congrats dustin on the W.

Don't you love the freaking trophys.
TokioJason
Pro Plastic

Postby craigd » Sun May 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Hello everybody!
I just wanted to say that I throughly enjoyed the tournament. I'll have to say with my limited tournament experience, this has been the most fun of all of them. Thanks to Keith for his professional attitude. Thanks to all who worked and went the extra mile to make things happen. I will always remember this tournament. I had a blast! I hope to hit Central when it comes along. I guess I waited too long for #4.
Craig Dickerson
PDGA# 38061
ADGO# 258
craigd
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun May 10, 2009 11:26 pm

Forgot to mention earlier that MOOSE won the drawing for the Sellout guesses that went over drawing.

I'll give him his prize next time I see him.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby coreyml » Mon May 11, 2009 11:45 pm

2nd round - rec - the round was 35 points easier than the first round - i shot the same score. I'm just curious as to why that is? I thought the wind was blowing more 2nd round.
coreyml
DX Plastic

Postby maximus » Mon May 11, 2009 11:50 pm

it all has to do with how everyone else shot as well I believe, not just the conditions

Also, now that we have had three of the six events, where will the gsss points standings be located?
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Postby keith johnson » Tue May 12, 2009 9:40 am

maximus wrote:it all has to do with how everyone else shot as well I believe, not just the conditions

Also, now that we have had three of the six events, where will the gsss points standings be located?

Correct on the ratings part, and I have to sort out the points standings(will try to have it done this weekend sometime) and they will be posted in the MAIN GSSS thread.

Keith
keith johnson

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments