Alcohol at the Crucible

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Alcohol at the Crucible

Postby hyzerfool » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Hey guys,

Apparently there were quite a lot of beer cans and bottles in the trash at the Crucible from the tournament this past weekend. Remember that Sandy Creek Park has a strict no-alcohol policy!

The first few years of the tournaments at the Crucible we pushed pretty hard to make everyone aware of it, but we've gotten complacent recently. It has to stop or we're in danger of losing our access to that property. I realize that we won't have another tournament out there for 8 months, but please file it away in y'all's brains that there is no alcohol allowed!

cheers,

doug
hyzerfool
DX Plastic

Re: Alcohol at the Crucible

Postby keith johnson » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:34 pm

As usual Doug is WAY too friendly, because he's a nice guy. But being that I'm not - I'll say I'm EXTREMELY disappointed that people on Saturday (or if some of it was from Sunday doubles being not sanctioned and more relaxed) could not use the foresight to take the bottles and cans back out of the park if they HAD to drink, KNOWING that alcohol is illegal in the park, and could possibly cost Doug and myself further use of that great piece of property. I know I STRESSED quite clearly in the players meeting that there was to be no Alcohol or anything else allowed at the park, and to keep the park clean so we DON'T risk losing the chance to use it again. When I asked for first time players to the CRUCIBLE only 4-5 hands went up, so I KNOW the other 67-68 people knew better, and for anyone that knows me - you know how I feel about players who don't think about who they speak to, or the consequences of their actions because it has already cost players the use of some courses, some holes at other courses, and who knows how many other possible future opportunities, because you NEVER know who you might be speaking to, or who might see what you are doing or have done on the course - and that person or persons may be the one who takes everyone's opportunity away, because of what they heard or saw. NOT also counting the fact that lots of people and clubs go to untold lengths to get projects in the ground, or improvements made to the courses in the area on a weekly basis that most everyone takes for granted because all they want to do is PLAY.

Please consider others, and the parks we play in when you play Events in the future, so that we all can continue to play the game that most of us enjoy so much.

Thanks in advance for your understanding, and please hope that we get to continue to use the CRUCIBLE in the future!

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Ridesbrd » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:52 pm

keith johnson wrote: When I asked for first time players to the CRUCIBLE only 4-5 hands went up, so I KNOW the other 67-68 people knew better, and for anyone that knows me - you know how I feel about players who don't think about who they speak to, or the consequences of their actions because it has already cost players the use of some courses, some holes at other courses, and who knows how many other possible future opportunities, because you NEVER know who you might be speaking to, or who might see what you are doing or have done on the course - and that person or persons may be the one who takes everyone's opportunity away, because of what they heard or saw.

Longest sentence EVR!

Unfortunately this is happening on this beautiful piece of land and i know none of us would want that course to go away!

Thanks for the heads up!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:45 pm

The same could be said for all courses. Since White Oak is new, we don't have trash cans out
yet. I found beer bottles wedged in trees because the sorry players did not want to carry them out.
Please, no matter the course, pack in and pack out if you decide to drink illegal beverages. A
little consideration for all courses would be appreciated.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments