NON-GSSS posts moved from GSSS Thread

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Postby grease » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:22 am

Uh.... cause it takes six minutes for every function on this website? Six to get to the message board, six to login, six to get back to the message board, .........................
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Funky Bobby J » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:57 am

I KNOW...I KNOW!!!!
6 is the number of putts it takes for Keith to get down from 30 feet!!! 30 one way-25 back-20-back again...

Do I get a prize??!!
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:58 am

When I think 6 all I can picture is that beautiful 6 that Keith took on hole 27 during the FCO 2.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Hey Richard

Postby Moose » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:14 pm

I now dub you "Yak N Pak"
"Though no one can go back in time and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
Moose
DX Plastic

Postby brim » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:45 pm

That's the Jay Phillips... aka Yak N Pak!
Shnarf
brim
DX Plastic

Postby Moose » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:52 pm

Since we are all here just waiting and watching........Hey Yak N Pak did you see bootsie on the way back......he was only 9 holes behind you and left in a hurry. Sorry you didn't get to stay....it was your tourny to win.
"Though no one can go back in time and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
Moose
DX Plastic

Postby grease » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:16 pm

I know......cause you're the devil reincarnated and you have a 666 birthmark on the back of your head?
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby richardhead » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:47 pm

Don't F with yak n pak. That has a good ring to it. Big Jerry was singing the blues. I apologize to my cabin mates for leaving. I can't party like I'm a 19 year old school boy anymore. I threw up 6 times maybe that's what Keith is talking about.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:01 am

Georgia State Swindle Scheme ????
:D
Woodrow

Postby richardhead » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:11 am

Geezers Sharing Sloppy Seconds
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:44 am

Golfers Swapping Sasparilla in Shule???

Gomez Smokin' Swinging Sausages???
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Shoe » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:17 am

I continue to watch but yet I'm still confused
Ka like the wind
Shoe
DX Plastic

Postby dandaman » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:15 am

Shoe wrote:I continue to watch but yet I'm still confused

Just like George Bush Sr. and Jr.....
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:04 am

keith johnson wrote:....and woody's is wrong(even with a smiley)
Must be REAL close! :shock:
Woodrow

Postby Woodrow » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:05 am

kat.disc.golf.her wrote: I know you all missed me.

Just in time for the board to go down again....
Woodrow

Postby Mr-Disc » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:31 pm

:idea:
Last edited by Mr-Disc on Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I use to Give a dam, but now I don't give a sh!t.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby pocketdiscgolf » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:16 pm

keith johnson wrote:and chuck needs to start his own watch right here thread :lol:

keith

I second that, and preferably he would start said thread on his little pdgc board so all the serious players would not have to look at it.

Looking forward to the string of tourneys Keith. 8)
You can't fix stupid.
pocketdiscgolf
Barney

march 29th saturday---

Postby Mr-Disc » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:17 pm

Last edited by Mr-Disc on Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:51 am

chuck....i appreciate the offer, but i think you are missing the fact that these are 6 events that I'M running as a series, i'm not trying to add other people's events into a series.....i'm actually trying to NOT step on others toes, areas, and ideas.....which is why i used the pdga schedule to find dates that didn't conflict with other sanctioned events in georgia, sc and tennessee.....

i wish you well with your series, and solstice well with his series and i hope that disc golfers in the state are the ones who benefit from more opportunities to play events in the state

keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:10 am

Keith -

My only suggestion is that you move Central tourney to March/April or late September instead of August as it is probably the most open course and thus the hottest. It will also bring the wind into play more, which is one of the things that makes Central difficult.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:17 pm

the venues for the events besides crucible and finale can ALL change between now and when i finalize it.....i was basically setting the location for tradition and when there are leaves on the trees...if anything it may be in may, but then it's a long day followed the next weekend by the rome event, possibly making people choose...i'm trying to make the series events something that people want to play in and keep things smooth....we'll see what happens, it depends on what works out with the other cities....

keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:23 pm

Funky Bobby J wrote:Keith -

It will also bring the wind into play more, which is one of the things that makes Central difficult.

i don't see anybody playing in the last 2 years that thought the course was too easy even without the wind :lol:
keith johnson

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:45 pm

Maybe difficult was the wrong word - maybe the wind is what gives Central its character. I think it is, generally speaking, easy to go out and make threes - but it is hard to make 2s and string them together - especially when it's windy.

Not the right forum - but I thought that since I was being attacked that I should defend myself :lol:
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Lofstrand » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Who Run Barter Town?!?! Keith Johnson Run Barter Town.

In my opinion having all these events will just water down the attendance. Shouldn't we strive for Quality over Quantity. Will these extra tournaments reduce the players enthusiasm for upcoming tournaments both in and out of GA a bit.

Also, will running these 6 tournaments conflict in with your new found duties of Ga State Coordinator?
PDGA#29514
Lofstrand
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:31 pm

no, next
keith johnson

Postby Lofstrand » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:11 am

Lets use an analogy here.

As Georgia State coordinator you are the conductor to the band that is disc golf in the Atlanta area. The conductor coordinates and adjusts different players in the band to make sure everything in a whole works together and each player in the band comes through when it is their moment to shine.

What if the conductor in the band also played 6 different instruments during the concert, not to mention that the conductor had direct ties to instrument distributors and concert venues which he endorsed and benefited from.

Am I way off base here???
PDGA#29514
Lofstrand
Pro Plastic

Postby Dusty » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:26 am

Yep, way off. There are 6 different concerts which he is the conductor of & they are inside the state of Georgia & may conflict with concerts outside of Georgia.
Dusty Jones
PDGA# 23297
ADGO# 129
Dusty
DX Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:43 am

Who cares? Keith is a grown man. He's fully capable of multi-tasking. He's proven that he can run quality events. Even if you didn't play his events you know they are quality because he reminds you about it. :lol: I think we should be thankful that we have somone that is willing to devote his life to our sport and the advancement of our sport. Yes he is over bearing at times and often critical, but he's working his ass off to provide us with quality tournaments. Support him. After all, what he does with his life and his time is none of your business anyway. The fact still remains that you don't have to play if you don't want to. There are a lot of disc golfers that don't leave GA to play tournaments. Why not give them a chance to play a series of tournaments close to home.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Concerts

Postby Laserman » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:57 am

If you are still taking requests, my 6 favorites for a Georgia Concert series would be:
Beck
Cake
Tull
Clapton
White Stripes
Cat Power
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS NO MATCH FOR NATURAL STUPIDITY
Laserman
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:42 pm

Lofstrand wrote:Lets use an analogy here.

What if the conductor in the band also played 6 different instruments during the concert
Am I way off base here???

no - the conductor is NOT playing 6 instrument at once, the conductor is playing the same instrument 6 different times, 6 weeks apart....

next
keith johnson

Re: Concerts

Postby keith johnson » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:43 pm

Laserman wrote:If you are still taking requests, my 6 favorites for a Georgia Concert series would be:
Beck
Cake
Tull
Clapton
White Stripes
Cat Power

i'll give you 2 or 3 of those paul :lol:
keith johnson

Postby Vern » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:50 pm

no - the conductor is NOT playing 6 instrument at once, the conductor is playing the same instrument 6 different times, 6 weeks apart....

I play with my "instrument" on a daily basis :P
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby Laserman » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:01 pm

I've seen multiple conductors on many occasions at football halftime shows!
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS NO MATCH FOR NATURAL STUPIDITY
Laserman
Champion Plastic

lofstrandgot caught with his hand in the cookie jar

Postby keith johnson » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:57 pm

Lofstrand wrote: not to mention that the conductor had direct ties to instrument distributors and concert venues which he endorsed and benefited from.

by the way you are

BUSTED

you think tech guys would know not to cross pollinate publically viewed materials with private emails that they weren't receiving directly

but then again, as i'm sure you've seen.....

i lie alot :lol:

see you saturday morning!!!!

keith
keith johnson

Postby grease » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:31 pm

Lofstrand wrote: not to mention that the conductor had direct ties to instrument distributors and concert venues which he endorsed and benefited from.

What the hell IS that supposed to mean anyway?
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Mr-Disc » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:00 pm

Last edited by Mr-Disc on Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:10 pm

second to chuck.......

direct ties to instrument distributors
Ties to Todd brinier = lynx Disc Golf services, Maybe that’s what’s its supposed to mean.
Its much easier to do these things with your foot in the door.

as i have explained LOTS of times before, working there gives me the opportunity to have the behind scenes COMPUTER set up work(since i'm NOT a programmer) done for the series....
1) i am still BUYING all of the merchadise with MY MONEY, which costs me more from the "instrument distributor" than directly from the manufacturers where i have purchased it for 12 years.....how is that BETTER for me??

2) sound to me like foot in mouth, not door :roll:

I am still skeptical on all the ties involved. and how a new guy can come in and take over the state of disc golf in Georgia.

as jay phillips correctly points out and i have said THOUSANDS of times on the message board (pre and post crash)... i am NOT NEW to being a td or running events.....and have done so LONG before i ever met todd....

i get INVOLVED wherever i haved lived....in florida i started the miami disc golf association and also helped start the fabulous florida tour.......in arizona, i help re-start the dormant club in tucson, and helped with the cactus series events.......now in georgia - helped restart dormant club(adgo) and started the georgia super six series.....
are we starting to see a PATTERN here?....lots of stuff done with NO "INSTRUMENT DISTRIBUTOR"

wherever i live i GET INVOLVED in the area and try to make things BETTER for disc golfers.........not me........i've spent THOUSANDS of dollars and my own time over the 12 years to make things better for the players.....

sorta sounds like what you are also doing in your part of the state.....and i NEVER have blasted you for doing what you beleive in or want to do.....i always answered your questions, and offered nothing negative about what you have done.....so i think saying i have come in here and taken over the state of disc golf in georgia is a little bit off base and falsely accuses me of things you know to be untrue.....it just means that i have seen what the people have wanted all over the country that play events and thats what i'm trying to give them!

remember, except for nisewonder,greg, rand and kevin, there are NO td's in georgia still running pdga sanctioned events, that have been doing it for more than a couple of years.......i don't see you saying any of them are trying to take over georgia disc golf...how do i rate that honor? :roll:

With that being said, I fill(feel?) as an American that Keith should be able to run what ever events he likes, after all the people will chose were to spend their money and time.

thanks for the final thought and i hope you are accurate, because my goal is to give ALL the players of this sport a way to have fun, play golf and win stuff for doing so.....it has ALWAYS been that way for me and ALWAYS will be as long as i still can do it the right way!

keith
keith johnson

Postby Mr-Disc » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:56 pm

Last edited by Mr-Disc on Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:24 pm

I think the main point is that Keith wants to run his events by himself so that there is no chance of anyone else mucking it up for him. I've seen the payouts for his tourneys and they are huge. That's where the "profit" goes: back into the payout. That's the way it should be. This benefits everyone and not just ADGO members. Not everyone who plays a Georgia tourney is an ADGO member. It would be nice if that weren't the case, but we have a ways to go.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Wookie » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:45 pm

Keith, keep up the great work.

Question: How much will the first series disc cost? Will you please put me down for one.

I don't really see why ya'll have your panty's in a wad. I would love to make money on disc golf. I wish I was smart enough to pull it off, because I don't have the game to ever go Pro. I mean would any of you not want to quit the "9 to 5, working for the man routine" for doing nothing but messing around with disc and having fun.

Is it wrong for companies like NIKE to have a tour, or sponsor an event? Give it a rest and let Keith do his thing. The CLUB has enough of their own duties to worry about let alone a whole tournament series, and the golfers will choose what and when and where they want to play. Some tournaments may fill, some may not. :lol:

the website, message board and online signup for the gsss will also be up and running soon
Whats wrong with the ADGO web-site? HUM

didn't you go off and try to start your own site only to return here? messages boards are pretty cheap these days and it will keep some of the clutter away from this place. :roll:
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby Mr-Disc » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:14 pm

Last edited by Mr-Disc on Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:14 am

Keith is great at multi tasking and has the energy of ten of the best of us. Chuck, I think you are confusing this series as something that the ADGO is or should be running. I am sure Keith will do a fine job as ADGO president, td of the GSS, as well as Georgia State Coordinator all at the same time. These things go hand in hand if you are a go getter like Keith. I work with Keith and I hear his ideas all of the time and they are nothing less than genius and way beyond anything any other local has thought of, much less dared to try. I know this sounds like I've been prompted, but you couldn't be further from the truth. I saw Keith in action at the 2002 Am Worlds in Miami. When we got there days before the Worlds and no one was around to help, he was sweating his nads off to get baskets set. For some reason, the guys that took over the "Fabulous Florida Tour" after Keith left weren't able to get their stuff together long enough to run a world championship and had Keith flown in from Arizona to take over. Roll your eyes all you like, I've seen the stuff that he has done and I'm content to let the madman roll with it.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Woodrow » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:11 am

Chuck - Why are you such an A S S!!!??? That's a rhetorical question. A response is not necessary.

Please, just go away.

We all know why you joined the ADGO. Didn't you promise to join the PDGA as well? Again, that's a rhetorical question. A response is not necessary.

Please, just go away.

Take your stupid questions and your insulting innuendos somewhere else. If you had at ANY time, demonstrated any true altruistic capacity, your inane banter might be credible. As it is, you continue to show how much of an idiot you are.

Please, just go away.

If I had any reason to think you might actually comprehend anything I'd write, I'd actually explain to you why every comment you make, does nothing but convince everyone that you are a moron. So I say;

Please, just go away.

I know from experience, that you have no intention of salvaging your reputation or making any meaningful contribution to the ADGO, the PDGA or to Disc Golf, so as futile as it may be;

Please, just go away.

Keith - PLEASE quit responding to him. Keep up the good work. Those with any sense, know how much your dedication and diligence will benefit us all. If you can make a living at it, so be it. There's no need to try and justify it to anyone that just doesn't and obviously never will, get it.

Chuck - Please, just go away.

p.s. I do so look forward to your response. If it's anything like your previous responses, it should verify everything I've stated above.
Last edited by Woodrow on Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rand has my vote! -Chinese Proverb (Hey! Not trying to be a douche bag or nuthin'; just sayin'.)
Woodrow

Postby Woodrow » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:14 am

Keith - sorry to have contributed to trashing this thread. You should start another one with all the relevant comments so that those who appreciate your dedication get the info they need.

Rand has my vote! -Chinese Proverb (Hey! Not trying to be a douche bag or nuthin'; just sayin'.)
Woodrow

Postby keith johnson » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:31 am

chucks words are in red

chuck...please separate keith the td from keith the adgo president......

please separate keith from MAKING MONEY at disc golf....nothing could be further from the truth......

anyone that doubts this can ask my wife and before they finish even mentioning the phrase keith is making money at disc golf, not only will she be laughing water out of her nose, when she stands back up she'll smack you upside the head and spend hours telling you about me and disc golf.....so lets drop the money part.....

they have NOTHING to do with each other.....

i was a td BEFORE adgo president, and state coordinator, and i'll be one AFTER also.....

promoting the adgo has NOTHING to do with the series......the series is GEORGIA disc golf, NOT atlanta disc golf.....(actually no events in atlanta, closest being douglasville and cumming)

May questions on your series Keith are this.
Why is the series not an ADGO Super Six?

no reason for it

Is this all about you and your profit from the series.?
see above

What do you plan own doing with these funds.
did you even READ the first 2 posts on this thread??
the answer is right there in front of you.....GIVE IT BACK TO THE PLAYERS!!!!
Did you even consider the club in your decision?
why?
Could the series make a huge profit for the club, so that we could use them for new courses.?
the series could not make a hugh profit for anyone.......there are very FEW tournaments that make a profit, and not even close to making enough for any courses......

It just looks selfish as a leader.
WHAAAATTTTT?????????

Quote:
i get INVOLVED wherever i haved lived....in florida i started the miami disc golf association and also helped start the fabulous florida tour.......in arizona, i help re-start the dormant club in tucson and helped with the cactus series events.......now in georgia - helped restart dormant club(adgo) and started the georgia super six series.....
are we starting to see a PATTERN here?..

listing what i have done or helped do is just stating facts....you interpret it as selfish if you wish.......i see at as not waiting for others to do things for ME(there's that word again) that i would like to see done

Looks like you enjoy doing things by your self,
there are enough TDS in the ADGO to host a series.
Not to mention all the club helpers.

and your point is??? the td's on the bod are already is running upwards of 10 PDGA SANCTIONED events every year

the adgo already hosts 2 FREE to members events during the year that the board of directors help with.....why does the adgo have to run a series?...if it wasn't for the resurrection of the adgo you wouldn't have had a club to pay your $15 to give YOU and the other members the events

Every thing that you are doing could have been handled in-house and sheared with the rest of us members in my own opinion.
If you wish to do things for your self just say so.

do you even read what you write?
what does in house mean to you?
what am i supposed to share with the rest of the members?
what am i doing for MYSELF?

As for me our goals are very different, I would rather give people places to play, and for the last 3 years I have given all that I have earned back to disc golf, and my results stand for themselves. And my work here is not done.
our goals aren't different...the way you go about explaining them are different......i have designed and built courses in miami, and tucson when i lived there....so what?
if people come to play them, that's what matters......to get them to come play them, you have to run tournaments that they want to play.....

that's what i'm attempting to do....give people tournaments they want to play....if they do want to play fine....if they don't then it will be fun only for those who do show up.......

again, i've never played your events, or told YOU how to run your events or what to do with whatever "PROFITS" you made from them.....and YOU have never played in any event i have run, so i fail to see where you know what you are speaking about.....last year before and after fco 1 you asked me about the payouts and money....i showed you and everyone else the numbers......

before and after fco 2 you asked me about the payouts and money and i showed you and everyone else the numbers.....

now before gsss i already have showed you and everyone else projections of payouts and money........and at NO TIME did any of those numbers show ME making any money...in fact it showed just the OPPOSITE......it showed the PLAYERS making money!!!

but that's ok chuck......cuz like some people have said i CAN DO MORE THAN 1 THING AT A TIME....including answering your slanderous posts backed up with facts.......all you have is that i work for breiner.......big surprise......i already stated that he was doing the computer programming stuff.....i'm beginning to think you don't like me, and that's sad because i have done nothing but defend you in all the battles in the club you wish run the series.....which it won't do

the website, message board and online signup for the gsss will also be up and running soon
Whats wrong with the ADGO web-site? HUM

nothing.......do you ever read any pdga message boards or affliate club boards.....augusta has a message board, athens has a message board ,the adgo has a message board......this will be the gsss message board with info about the events.......not posts back and forth between me and you....

He is are president first off, The clubs best interest should be it.
hosting events for people that already play in them is not growing the game.

people playing the sport is what grows the sport......if they don't have events or venues to play in and at they would just be throwing discs at trees like i first started out doing when i was 11 years old...and look at how far disc golf and the pdga has come in 30/25 years

I did not sign up as a member to watch our president do his own thing.
Do your own thing after you fulfill your term as president.

why did you sign up chuck?
i am NOT doing my own thing as adgo president...i am doing my own thing as keith johnson TD
do you think that no one who runs events can be part of the board of directors?

NEWS FLASH.....everyone on the board is or has run pdga sanctioned events except ritger and woody......and they both help out at almmost every event they are at

PREZ....... keith....yep
vise prez.....jay.....yep and a pdga marshal too.....lets gim him to run a adgo marshal series :roll:
greg......yep
imran......yep
scott prandy......yep
paul........yep

6 of 8 bod members run events......are you gonna ask them any of the same questions chuck??

if not......WHY NOT????

how much did imran make sat at erp?
how much did paul make at hotlanta?
how much did jay make at the swo?
how much did prandy make last year, and how much will he make this year running squirrel fest?
how much did greg make running hotlanta for 2 years and how much will he make running the ppic this year?

i don't know except for what is posted from the pdga, but i can pretty much say that not much "PROFIT " was made from any of us that ran events and are on the bod........

SEPARATE the person from position, as most of us are doing this because we WANT to and enjoy it to some degree......

As an ADGO member I have a right to ? His motives and how they relate to the club,
They just don’t line up.

what doesn't line up for you chuck?......that i can be president AND run tournaments......where does the adgo message state you can't do both?

what doesn't line up is YOUR MOTIVES for attacking me for no reason....

what are YOUR motives for running events and being an adgo member....
(by thew way something else i asked you to keep personally), because deep down you are trying to accomplish the goal of growing the sport....

sorry you can't do both.....when you stop being an adgo member then you can run tournaments again chuck.......doesn't that sound ASSININE???

finally thanks for providing the link chuck..i appreciate the promotion :lol:

keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:37 am

WOODY WRITES:
Keith - PLEASE quit responding to him.

sorry woody..... i was spending 30 minutes typing my masterpiece when i posted then saw your post.....

i think chuck hopefully will see that my responses make sense......
and if not...... i can ask the moderator to delete any posts that disagree with me right....i am the president after all :lol:

i'm done multi-tasking for today as i need to get up in 4 hours to get ready for lorelei's school and my work

hope you are feeling better woody and i look forward to seeing you in athens

keith
keith johnson

Postby Wookie » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:43 am

i think chuck hopefully will see that my responses make sense......

yeah, he will comprehend your response, about like steel absorbs water... :lol: :lol:
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:07 am

Let me start by saying that this isn't meant to slam Chris Pierce. He and I are friends and I support the fact that he has devoted his life to disc golf. I support anyone that does that. Let me also say that I'm not nor will I ever be a TD. That being said my opinions probably don't matter.

I support my local disc vendor's. I feel that the TD's should do the same. I realize the appeal of a one stop shop. As technology grows so does the growth of everything around us. So adapting to that growth and providing services that help out the player's is great. Using that as a bargaining block to make an appearance at a tournament is not. I guess my support of the Brother's Campbell stems from the fact that they get me what I want. Granted I support the better looking Campbell most often. I can call Grease today ask for specific color, weight, design and he will have it by Thursday in most cases. Not to mention the obvious plethora of disc knowledge that he contains.

I just don't see how we/you can put all of our eggs in a virtually unknown basket. I would feel more comfortable using the services of people that have already proven themselves. Sure, Chris is making tremendous strides. He has provided services/conveniences that have helped out local TD's. Is he established? I believe he's on his way. I just don't think it's right to weed out proven professionals and replace them with unknowns. There should be some sort of grounds for proving yourself. When that happens and in Chris's case I know that it would we can expand.

With that said, I wish all of these vendors the best of luck. I hope that I haven't offended any of them. As a side note, I think that Keith is fully capable of handling all of the jobs that he has set out to do. As I said before if he can't handle those jobs it's on him. He's a grown man and fully capable of handling the consequences. I support Keith in all that he does and I can't wait for the GSSS.

Lastly, the "secret faction". This may be my opinion and my opinion only. I'll simply provide a definition. The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines FACTION as, a group or combination acting together within and usually against a larger body.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:15 am

Capitalism is a b*i*t*c*h. A real slutty one at that! Solstice provides a great service and I will use it at any venue it is offered. But as a businessman Chris had to know that a "better mouse trap" was bound to come along. I am definitely playing 3 of the series next year and hope to convince my wife for a 4th.
Keith, keep up the good work.
Woody, glad to hear of your speedy recovery.
Wookie, nice analogy!
Chuck...nevermind
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby Mr-Disc » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:25 am

Last edited by Mr-Disc on Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby Vern » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:03 am

Lots of tourney's - good. :D

Choices of vendors for a TD to select from - good :D

Make enough at a tourney to pay for everything so the family doesn't have to eat bologna for a week - good :D

Whiny babies - not good :cry:

Believe it or not, I have never been forced to sign up, pay, and play in a PDGA event that I didn't want to be at. If you don't like what your reading about the series, then don't play in the events. There will still be 72 or 90 other people that won't mind being there. Go take your family to get some ice cream, or Six Flags, and have a good day somewhere else. This is still just a bunch of folks out throwing Frisbee's, so just have fun with it. GEEZ.
Last edited by Vern on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:03 am

Mr-Disc wrote:
Sorry if my hard ? were hard for you to handle.
I respect the fact that Keith took time to answer them all.

thanks!!
keith johnson

Postby solstice_disc_sports » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:52 am

Last edited by solstice_disc_sports on Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisP. - PDGA 24826 - ADGO 181
www.eatsleepdisc.com
solstice_disc_sports
DX Plastic

Postby 408man » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:15 pm

Woodrow wrote:Chuck - Why are you such an A S S!!!??? That's a rhetorical question. A response is not necessary.

Please, just go away.

We all know why you joined the ADGO. Didn't you promise to join the PDGA as well? Again, that's a rhetorical question. A response is not necessary.

Please, just go away.

Take your stupid questions and your insulting innuendos somewhere else. If you had at ANY time, demonstrated any true altruistic capacity, your inane banter might be credible. As it is, you continue to show how much of an idiot you are.

Please, just go away.

If I had any reason to think you might actually comprehend anything I'd write, I'd actually explain to you why every comment you make, does nothing but convince everyone that you are a moron. So I say;

Please, just go away.

I know from experience, that you have no intention of salvaging your reputation or making any meaningful contribution to the ADGO, the PDGA or to Disc Golf, so as futile as it may be;

Please, just go away.

Keith - PLEASE quit responding to him. Keep up the good work. Those with any sense, know how much your dedication and diligence will benefit us all. If you can make a living at it, so be it. There's no need to try and justify it to anyone that just doesn't and obviously never will, get it.

p.s. I do so look forward to your response. If it's anything like your previous responses, it should verify everything I've stated above.

Quoted for so much truth.
Thank you for making my day Woody, I hope your injury heals quick.
Team Gold Bond
-The fastest growing team in Disc Golf-
Future Husband of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
408man
DX Plastic

Postby hyzerfool » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:42 pm

I don't usually read the ADGO message boards, but...

... this stuff is pretty funny. I really enjoyed the part about Keith running a tournament and making money on it. That was great. Good one, Chuck!

Is it always this entertaining? I might have to stop by more often.
hyzerfool
DX Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:51 pm

Can I get on the team? I can be the sexy one with no skills!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby richardhead » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:02 am

So let me get this straight. If you give the Prez man love you make it onto Georgia's Team? I give Grease man love and I haven't made any teams.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:35 am

oh jay...you should hear all the things greg says about you 2 every day at work.....

talk about YAK'ing.......sometimes i have to run out of the room screaming with my hands over my ears :lol:

i'm sure at the ppic greg will offer you a "team" to be part of :lol:
keith johnson

New Team

Postby Vern » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:35 am

Georgia's Team? I nominate them to be called the the "PEACHES"
Vern
Champion Plastic

Re: New Team

Postby keith johnson » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:39 am

Vern wrote:Georgia's Team? I nominate them to be called the the "PEACHES"

my guess is that you don't wish to be considered for the am spot i'll have then? :shock:
keith johnson

Postby Vern » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:46 am

Keith - that's the PRO TEAM name...

AM Team can be called the VERMINATORS :D
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:28 am

no vern....GEORGIA'S TEAM is all inclusive...... :lol:

i love the am players also, as evidenced by their payouts at all the events i've run.......

even some little event called the PDGA AMATEUR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS in 2002

so are you on the list of prospects? :wink:
keith johnson

Postby Vern » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:06 am

I am not sure what being on the team requires of me, but I just got a new Frisbee and ready to play some FROLF for the great State of Georgia. Please put me on the list....However, I won't do the same things that Dollar, Q and Jonathan did to make the team. That's between you guys. :D
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:09 am

the only thing they did was say yes when asked....

i'll keep you in mind and remember that the other 3 you disparaged will also have a say in the am spot :shock:

keith
keith johnson

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:49 am

I guess I don't play enough tourneys to be the brooding team member with the chequered past then?
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby Vern » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:17 pm

he's fun loving, but also plays alot of events and has a decent sense of humor(most times)....

And I am potty trained :D
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Can't Hit Open Putts wrote:I guess I don't play enough tourneys to be the brooding team member with the chequered past then?

that's why i'm not on the team :shock: :lol:

remember that's the one benefit i have to being new on the scene....

i never experienced any of the colorful pasts of some of the golfers who are now "checker-less"
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:29 pm

Vern wrote:
he's fun loving, but also plays alot of events and has a decent sense of humor(most times)....

And I am potty trained :D

surprisingly, not 1 of the requirements to be on the team :lol:
keith johnson

Postby grease » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:58 pm

I'm a Scorpio and like short walks to the cooler and gore flicks. Call me! :wink:
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby jaffmaster » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:42 pm

chuck smith is about as cool as a broken condom
"If you can't handle the action, leave it in the jaffer for someone who can." -Otis
jaffmaster
Barney

Postby Mr-Disc » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:01 pm

Image removed by moderator once again. Chuck - do not post this image again.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Re: Discs

Postby cmueller » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:19 am

Carl Wms wrote:Mueller, you are going to have to start buying carbon credits to offset your petroleum disc obsession.
As if I wasn't feeling guilty enough about my disc obsession. Now Innova is going to send me MORE stuff! :) http://www.innovadiscs.com/cfr/rewards.html
cmueller
DX Plastic

u

Postby $Dollar$ » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:37 am

Congratulations to the October Winners:

Discatcher Traveler - Chika N. - Oakland, CA
DISCatcher® Mini Target - Mark W. - Rough and Ready, CA
INNOVA Merchandise Pack - Carl M. - Americus, GA
2008 USDGC Partners Pack - Michael R. - Sussex, WI
3-Pack Newly Released Discs - Scott J. - San Dimas, CA
3-Disc INNOVA Training Set - Dale P. - Bartlesville, OK
Innova T-Shirt - Jesse - Somers, CT
INNOVA Flex Ball Cap - Tim K. - Kinston, NC
USDGC "Lead Group Live" DVD - Jim W. - Cumming, GA
Japan Open DVD - Rex H. - Newton, PA

who's gettin the USDGC "Lead Group Live" DVD?
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:46 am

Duh......Jim W of Cumming! Geesh!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby grease » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:09 pm

Rand.....I think you meant to pm Craig.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby grease » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:48 am

Hey, Imran, how's the baby?
Last edited by grease on Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Imran » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:51 am

Hey Alright! Good for you...

wierdo...
damn..., that is one fine piece of plastic.
Imran

Postby keith johnson » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:08 am

noputtinsavage wrote:Keith,

Is there any chance that you could work this series into the Georgia USDGC spot?

I look forward to making these events.

Please pray for some rain people??????????????????????????????????

Craig,

There is NO chance in hell that I'm going to use the series as a USDGC qualifier.

I personally believe that it is unfair to use a series (as I also believed in Florida and Arizona for not using thier series) as a qualifier as it is unfair to the players that couldn't make all/most of the events.

It will most likely be an event that will have the ability to be set up USDGC style in terms of skills and OB's, and there are only a few locations that I'm aware of that could be setup fair enough to accomplish that goal.
My thought is to simulate the conditions as much as possible so that the player has a rough idea of what is required to compete at Winthrop.

I look forward to getting input from those that have played at Winthrop, as to which courses could accomplish this goal.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby richardhead » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:12 am

Lake Olmstead and The Crucible. If you threw some ropes in at The Crucible it would come very close to rivaling Winthrop. Of course nothing will ever be as good as the Gold Course. IMHO
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:22 am

You can't really use the Crucible as it is only available for a few months(in wintertime), the October Flying Eye is obviuosly too late.

Olmstead is a good choice, but I wold like to see the event moved around the state if possible, and Augusta and Athens have held qualifiers the last 2 years that weren't really well attended for a qualification as disctinctive as the USDGC is.

It is THE must play event EVERY year, and people are willing to kill to get into it.

Keep the thoughts coming.
keith johnson

USDGC Qualifier

Postby Mike D » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:16 am

Keith,

If you like I can ask about using Ridge Ferry for the qualifier if you think it may work.

The good thing out there, is that we could move the baskets and tees wherever we wanted.

Let me know.

Later,

Mike D
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby jritger » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:37 am

I think Perkerson should be a consideration if 18 holes are in the ground by next summer, which it very well may be...central location, comparable length, OB on most holes...
jritger

Postby keith johnson » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:50 am

jritger wrote:I think Perkerson should be a consideration if 18 holes are in the ground by next summer, which it very well may be...central location, comparable length, OB on most holes...

Lets get it in the ground first :lol:

Actually, from what I hear about Perkerson, it may work for 2009.

But lets see how things pan out.

Decisions on the event for '08 need to be firmed up relatively early in the year to give the most amount of time for people to plan to play.

A supersized Central Park course is already set, which may get used for the Atlanta Open and the FCO 3(GSSS event 5), so one of those events could be used with Georgia players interested in Qualifying kicking in an extra $15 to go to the top Georgia player who would be the invitee, or it could be a separate event as it has been in the past.

Still plenty of time to come up with something.

Keith
keith johnson

Re: USDGC Qualifier

Postby keith johnson » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:53 am

Mike D wrote:Keith,

If you like I can ask about using Ridge Ferry for the qualifier if you think it may work.

The good thing out there, is that we could move the baskets and tees wherever we wanted.

Let me know.

Later,

Mike D

The Ridge Course is interesting in the OB and challenges afforded.

I will start a thread later on with a poll that lists some options and also see if I can get these posts moved to that thread to keep them off the GSSS thread.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby ET » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:08 pm

i like this topic because, like , when it first went live, there were well over 23000 views previously. i may be speaking for myself in a selfish way, but golly, i really really missed being in the loop and all that kah-kah and i really really feel i missed something important previously.
but i'm genuinely excited, in a SNL SPROKETS kind of way, to be able to take part in these revolutionary and history making events.
keep up the good work and i will enter some of them if i am accepted into the Professional Disc Golf Club(?) Association i think, of which i recently applied to. i hope many of my credit hours in the PGL will transfer.
WTG, Prez!
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby ET » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:06 pm

lefty171 wrote:hey, how and where can I order the gsss minis?

vern, you now posting as lefty171, too?
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby Vern » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:18 pm

Nope, he or she - probably heard my totally awesome review of the totally awesome mini and thought he may want a totally awesome one for themselves.

But like, I couldn't get one online either, so like, I pm'd Keith, and like co-ordinated it. It was totally awesome. Like the coolest thing - ever.
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby ET » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:29 pm

Vern wrote:But like, I couldn't get one online either, so like, I pm'd Keith, and like co-ordinated it. It was totally awesome. Like the coolest thing - ever.

delete: like
insert: you know
result: athlete interview
i was unaware the super-hot minis weren't available on the merchandise page! guess they're not available to the general public.
keith, you're slippin' you ol' click frauder, you.
now take those vitamins, i tell you!
psst, vern-any chance you could score me one? you're connected.
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby Vern » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:33 am

I PM'd Keith and told him how many I wanted. I then sent him a check and covered the postage. He had a bunch of them, probably still has quite a few, and I am sure he would sell them to anybody. Get some - they are cool. I am sure he will be at a course in your area that you could also meet him and buy a handful.

ET- I am going to hold on to mine and then sell them for $100.00 a piece after Keith sells all of the ones he has. I will even have one the GA Team members sign it for you but then I have to give them the standard $25.00 Pro Disc Golfer autograph fee.
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby exulegba » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 pm

Keith,

In order to get Sandy Creek Park to let you set up the course, you need to email Rick Kelly. I don't know his email, but I'm sure you can find it thru the website or thru Doug. John at the park let me know that a formal request must be made to Rick. Thanks for organizing the event.

Matthew C.
exulegba
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:26 pm

I'll check with Doug, as we are just taking the first day of the already planned Feb weekend.

If things have changed, I need to know, so I can set things in motion.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby ET » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:43 pm

why, oh why, on God's green earth, does it take so damn long to get to the bottom of this thread now??????????????...
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby ET » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:45 pm

keith johnson wrote:18 sets left!

uh, can you verify for me if i'm already in?
i fergit.
tnx prez.
Last edited by ET on Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:52 pm

Yes ET.

You know this toy you play on every day called a computer? :lol:
You would have found out alot faster looking at the PDGA tour page list for the GSSS #1. :shock:
keith johnson

Postby ET » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:57 pm

my entire day is spent working on a f**king computer machine, SIR!
it's called a JOB!
i seek refuge from my f**king work and come here to piss you off.
that's WHY!!!
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:12 am

Glad we got that figured out. :lol:

So that must mean you got the job.

Congrats.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby ET » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:20 am

thank you, prez.
can we continue to be enemies?
please say yes.
(and i'm nearly overtaking you on the 2008 post race. don't look behind you!)
you know what it means to us all!
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:36 am

ET wrote:thank you, prez.
(and i'm nearly overtaking you on the 2008 post race. don't look behind you!)

Be my guest as I'm trying to only post things that people can understand, and not going for quantity. :shock: :wink:
keith johnson

Postby ET » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:03 pm

dammitt,
yur kno funz nohowanymore.
busybody prez!
like you're the ONLY one!
want a smoothie?
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:00 am

Greg - a 12:23am post from Keith means he won't be worth a crap today...so much for getting any work done...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:10 am

Wrong, (by the way you need to set your time to the correct time as it was 11:23PM)
I'm up til 1-1:30AM every day(depending if Craig Ferguson or Conan have a good guest) and get up at 6 AM to get Lorelei ready for school.

I've been doing it my whole life since 11th grade.

Works better than getting more sleep as THEN I feel tired.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:46 am

One-word posts = weak
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:05 pm

Not admitting that you are g a y=g a y
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:12 pm

You should talk since you started re-spelling your name with a soft g instead of a j....
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments