Which tag option do you want for 2009?

Option 1: One tag, cheap price, bragging rights only
61%
Option 2: Two tags like we have used the last 2 years
39%

Total votes : 31

Let's see what everyone thinks...

Postby Wookie » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:28 pm

I am putting up this poll to see what everyone thinks about next year.

Option 1: One tag, cheap price, no prize money at the end, bragging rights only and have individual challenges more and have some fun

Option 2:Two tags just like we have now but folks will need to do a better job stepping up to the challenge and have some fun

I am going to let this run for a while so everyone will get a chance to let their opinion count.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Re: Let's see what everyone thinks...

Postby VERMIN » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:54 pm

I have a question for the "Pro's" to answer.....

If we operate under the "one tag" scenario, will you take me on if I am playing on a shorter course than you at a tourney? For example: ERP, you guys usually get the Black Tees and I get the Blues..

Afterall I am just a chubby little kid who only plays one day a week so I don't think any of you would have a problem with it. I only have an 896 rating which actually means I am a REC player under the PDGA guidelines. I doubt if any of you would be afraid to take on that challenge.

My feeling is you won't and most of you would dodge the challenge....Please reply - I would love to hear your opinions.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Moose » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:22 pm

I would play you under normal circumstances. If I was tag 22 and you were 89 and we were playing from different tees....I would not take the challenge. If you were tag 22 and I was 89 then I would obviously take the challenge. I also think that if we were playing from the same tees that I should not be able to decline a challenge. If I was tag 4 and you were tag 18 I might not take the challenge from different tees but would from same tees(or have to from same tees). If I was wearing a beefy T that looked better on me than your beefy T looked on you then I would not accept a challenge. If you wore just your God given sweater vest then I would obviously accept the challenge. If you wanted to wager Chops pumpkin cheesecake I would not accept the challenge. If I was gay I would accept any challenge from you unless I didn't like bears. If you bought lunch I would obviously have to accept the challenge unless you were playing red tees and I was playing black then you would buy me lunch because you felt sorry for me.

Hope this helps you see the mind of someone with ADHD
"Though no one can go back in time and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
Moose
DX Plastic

Postby maximus » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:27 pm

I would buy a tag either way knowing that the money goes somewhere to help out worthy cause (Warner, New Course basket sponsor, ADGO, different each year?)

End of year match play should be tiered Top 1/2 and Bottom 1/2 of those that show up. Winner gets trophy(CFR?) and ~$50 and DFL gets money back in both tiers (as a free tag next year).

Do whatever gets the most people involved and creates the least whining!
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Postby jonp » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:01 pm

Moose wrote:if we were playing from the same tees that I should not be able to decline a challenge.

Check
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:52 pm

I am holding my nose and making a loud fart noise with my mouth and i am really farting(in your general direction) to the choice of one tag no payout! Sounds boring to me if there isn't anything to play for. I think it is fine the way it is, just with mando tourney challenges. Vern's at every tourney in the SE, he will manage the action.
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Wookie » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:42 am

End of year match play should be tiered Top 1/2 and Bottom 1/2 of those that show up. Winner gets trophy(CFR?) and ~$50 and DFL gets money back in both tiers (as a free tag next year).

If we go that way then I will still do the match play the same way as it is now. Hell maybe one of us little Am's could sneak up and beat a Pro or two when you are playing against someone hole by hole instead of total score.

Keep the votes coming!!!

Randy, get more folks to vote your side and we will keep it that way. We can always get some type of side action going if we do go down to one tag.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby Steve Adams » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:44 am

jonp wrote:
Moose wrote:if we were playing from the same tees that I should not be able to decline a challenge.

Check

I agree with Moose and Jon. If I'm a pro (yeah right) being challenged by an Advanced, Intermediate, or Recreational level player, I would want them to use the same tee as me. However, this is really not fair to the Adv/Int/Rec player due to the difference in the player ratings for each. Is the Pro willing to give up strokes based on their rating (e.g. handicapping)? That goes into another area I don't think anyone wants to keep up with.
A single tag will stop all Bag Tag action at tournaments that use separate tee pads, unless the action is split up based on tee pad used.
I vote for the two tag system.
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:52 am

I voted for the 2 tag system....I think it is more fair to us AM's who don't play much.

I have even asked Advanced type AM's for their approval to let REC players that play from shorter tee's to throw in their tags as well at tourney's. Originally I had a problem with that concept but later opened my eyes that all in all I could probably beat them anyways. Nobody else had a problem with it because it is just for fun and AM's aren't wusses.

Pro's, if you want a one tag system fine. I think you should be prepared that every now and then a REC type player may get an advantage at a tourney or two per year and you should just play better to beat us. I think it would be fun that a couple times a year the tags could have a big shake up and an 850 or so rated player could wind up with a top 10 tag. You can challenge them later on and win it back anyway.

Here is a great example....Perhaps I play the best rounds of my life at ERP from the Blues and beat someone like Brad Hammock or Dollar who played from the Blacks and had their worse rounds of their lives by one stroke. ( I know - still doubtful) ..The next week either of them challanges me for my tag at Redan and beats me by 10-15 strokes. Once again, not every tourney plays a different course. I have never seen a REC set up at Redan, Lenora, etc.....

I have had tag numbers from 3 to 40 something this year. It is all just for FUN!!! I will get one anyway, but would rather have the two tag system.

Pro's don't be wusses - you guys whine too much and the payout is at the end of the year anyway. You can win your money there and most of you just want the AM cash opportunity because you couldn't generate enough interest amongst yourselves to make it interesting for you. :roll:
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Laserman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:55 pm

It looks pretty strange that only people who want the two tag system to continue are willing to post a response. Who are all of these pro's who want a one tag system. I think another "unofficial" poll at Sundays match play is in order.

Forever an am and will only play if there is a two tag system.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS NO MATCH FOR NATURAL STUPIDITY
Laserman
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:12 pm

I voted for a one tag system. I do not really care either way though.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Wookie » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:25 pm

This is just an opinion poll so I can get a feel of what to do next year. It does not mean I am going one way or the other yet.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Return to Atlanta Bag Tag Challenge