2008 ADGO Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

ADGO Information & Announcements

Moderator: ADGO BOD

2008 ADGO Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Postby keith johnson » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:25 am

JANUARY 15TH, 2008
ADGO CLUB MINUTES

1) CALL TO ORDER
Meeting was called to order at 7:24 PM
In attendance were Keith, Jay, Paul, Imran, and John

2) READING OF SEPT. 27, 2007 MINUTES
Postponed until Woody transcribes them and posts them for review.

3) OLD BUSINESS

A) END OF YEAR FINANCIALS
John reported that at the end of the year there was $618.94 in the account with a payout of $417.30 to pay for the bag tags as the only expense.
John also reported that only $325 of the $500 budgeted was spent on events in '07.
Keith reported that David Walls had asked him NOT to deposit the check of $328 he presented at the ADGO Member event until Jan. 18th as he had unexpected expenses come up and wanted to not have the check bounce.
Keith also reported that with the online signups that had come in there would be over 200 dollars deposited at the end of January, and future online signup monies would be deposited at the end of each month (or every 2 weeks if required).

B) ADGO BAG TAGS THAT WE APPROVED AT LAKE RUSSELL
Jay had the tags with him and distributed them to members of the BOD, who took with them ones for players they thought they would see. Tags for others will also be at the JP Moseley and Perkerson Ice bowls, and the GSSS event at Athens. Whatever is left over will be mailed to the members.
Jay also said that we could do the tags in smaller batches at the same price (roughly $3.20 per tag) for members that have joined since these tags were made.


C) UPDATING THE FRONT PAGE OF THE WEBSITE/MESSAGE BOARD CALENDAR - "PICTURE AREA"
Imran was tasked with having Barry "clean up" the home page of the website to eliminate the 2007 info, as well as put '08 info on the page.
Also to change the calendar header from ADGO events to Atlanta area events to accurately reflect tournament presence on the calendar.
The "picture area" will have larger/ newly upcoming events in it to reduce clutter. The weather area will be looked at to find a "smaller" weather spot to allow more room for ADGO info around the edges of the home page.


4) NEW BUSINESS

A) MEMBERSHIP DIRECTOR - SCOTT'S STATUS?
It seems that Scott will no longer be in the position as Paul attempted to get a definitive answer from Scott on his status and got no response.
The BOD is proceeding to appoint a person to fill the remainder of Scott's term. Rick Greer was brought up as a candidate due to his responses to the ADGO member application where he mentioned a willingness to help in the membership area. He will be asked if he wishes to fill the position with Barry being asked(as to not overtax his time as Imran mentioned Barry is going through a job transition and training at this time) if Rick declines.

B) PUTTING TOGETHER STUFF FOR MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL DRIVE FOR '08 FOR ADGO AS WELL AS TYING INTO PDGA AFFLIATE CLUB DISCOUNTS
Discussion was held about starting the membership drive to take advantage of the Perkeson Icebowl and 1st GSS events, and culminating with the Spring ADGO member event to be held in late March or in April after the ATL Open with the consenus being to try to have it BEFORE the ATL open, on a Sunday at Redan Park.
Paul requested it to be later in the month to allow time to prepare after coming back from Colorado.
Keith mentioned that still only about 5-10% of the ATL areas golfers werre taking advantage of the ADGO club affliliate discount even though it has been mentioned since Nov '07. John suggested putting a direct link on the home page to the signup to maybe get more visibility than in the Message Board.

C) '08 BUDGET - RITGER
John has set up several "buckets" to put our income and expenditures in, including marketing, course development, existing courses, sponsorships, member events and overhead expenses. Motion was made and passed to keep the Sponsorship bucket at $500 in '08.
Other areas will have projected income and expenses drawn up by a committee of Paul, Keith and John to present to the BOD at the next meeting.

D) ADGO EVENTS FOR '08
It was reaffirmed by a vote that the ADGO will not "RUN" any events except member events , but will continue to provide support in "extras" for the event(such as people for registration, scoreboards, water jugs, etc.)

E) SPONSORSHIP FOR EVENTS IN '08 - TYPES AND DOLLAR LIMITS
It was also reaffirmed by a vote that sponsorship for events will still be limited to current ADGO member TD's, running PDGA sanctioned events, and for no more than a TeeSign sponsorship.

John requested $25 sponsorship for the Perkerson Icebowl.
Motion was seconded and vote passed.

Imran requested $50 sponsorship for the Atlanta open.
Motion was seconded and vote passed.

Keith offered that instead of asking for $25 for each of the 6 events in the GSSS, that he would ask for only $50 and list the ADGO as a Silver sponsor(normally $100) for the event giving the ADGO a Series T-Sign that will be displayed at each event, as well as ther other Silver sponsor amenities.
Motion was seconded and vote passed.
Milledgeville has $100 this year as well as $100 in '09 to finish the Hole That was donated to them in '07.

This leaves $275 in the budget for the remainder of the year (which leaves approximately 11 events at an average of $25 per T-Sign.)

F) ADGO PROJECTS FOR SPRING / SUMMER
A discussion was held to try to have the Spring ADGO member event to be played in late March or in April after the ATL Open with the consenus being to try to have it BEFORE the ATL open, on a Sunday at Redan Park.
Keith mentioned checking the calendar to see which weekends had only 1 day Sat. events to not conflict with as there is a PDGA sanctioned event every weekend in March and April.

OTHER ITEMS
It was briefly touched on by Paul that there will probably be no SSS or Hotlanta event as it stands now in '08.(amended to Paul not running Hotlanta)
Post was technically accurate as it stands now there is no Hotlanta event.

Getting ADGO discs custom stamped discs and Tshirts (different logos from Member merch.) was brought up as a fundraising idea for the club to appease those who wish to have ADGO merch to throw or wear. Logoed beanies, sweat shirts, stickers, pencils, and other items were also mentioned. The ADGO could aslo use the items to package together as CTP's to use (ala the Jim Warner CTP's that Gator does after the Jim Warner course is finsihed being paid for), and to give to other out of area events such as Toccoa, Rome, etc.

Paul brought up that the ADGO could "front" the money to David walls to cover the cost of the '08 challenge bagtags if David was still willing to offer monies back to the ADGO from sales as in '07.
Paul was tasked with finding out from David what the Approximate costs were and report back to the BOD for a decision.(Keith pointed out that the costs should be lower for this batch as there does not need to be a new logo created.)

ADJOURNMENT
Meeting was adjourned at 9:03 PM
keith johnson
Moderator
 
Posts: 4855
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:58 am
Location: in georgia

ADGO Minutes from May 6th

Postby keith johnson » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:37 am

Minutes from May 6th meeting approved at the July 10th meeting
MAY 6TH, 2008
ADGO CLUB MINUTES

1) CALL TO ORDER
Meeting was called to order at 6:36 PM
In attendance were Keith, Jay, Paul, Imran, and John

2) READING OF JANUARY 15th, 2008 MINUTES
Minutes were accepted with change of one word.

3) OLD BUSINESS

A) MEMBERSHIP DIRECTOR
Jay offers to call / email Rick to try and communicate with him about membership duties, get member list, and bag tag info and post on ADGO BOD thread Rick's response with tags, current member list and dollars collected since taking over.

B) '08 BUDGET - RITGER
David Walls was reported to still be offering the ADGO half of monies collected and had already given the ADGO monies at the ADGO spring event on April 20th towards the monies fronted him to purchase the tags.
John will talk to him to CONFIRM monies owed, and about any additional to the ADGO.
John Reported a balance of 618.94 with approximately 200 dollars from member fees not yet in account.
John was asked to put together a "general" financial summary for 2007 to post for members after review by BOD.

C) SPONSORSHIP FOR EVENTS IN '08 - AMOUNT LEFT IN BUDGET
$275 was in budget for remainder of '08. There was discussion about using the monies also for marketing, or for projects at different courses on a requested basis.

D) ADGO SPRING EVENT
Paul reported the event was held April 20th with approximately 50 people showing up, and approximately 20 renewals.
6 discs and tshirts were given to new members, $155 was collected, Rick Greer showed up, but did NOT have the member list. Things went well and everyone had a good time.

4) NEW BUSINESS

A) ELECTION PREPARATION -
BOD discussed the ways to get Candidates to run for the 4 positions up in '08 (VP,Treasurer, Membership, Communication Director)
After several different dates being bandied around, the following were selected for the election process:
October 1st - start promotion of election to let people know about running for postions available.
November 1st - People can declare they are running for "X" position
November 24th - Deadline for nominations
December 1st to 20th - ADGO Members vote for candidates
January 1st, 2009 - Elected members start their term

B) CHANGE MEMBERSHIP PAGE
John made a proposal to change the Membership link back to Solstice for better use of capturing member info, and for direct payments to ADGO account, and stated that Chris still had the page available and was willing to work with the BOD on any changes necessary.
John presented a list of pros and cons for the BOD to discuss with a thread to be created on the BOD thread area to discuss and vote on proposed change.

C) ADGO EVENT FOR FALL/WINTER
Jay was in discussions for a NON ADGO event at Sequoyah the first week of Dec., with a November date as backup. The ADGO Member event will look to be on the date NOT chosen by Jay's event.
Jay also proposed a piece of property in Cherokee County at 369 and Yellow Creek road as another possible location for the Member Event
John was also going to look into doing something at "theP" as an alternative to Sequoyah for the event.

D) ADGO MERCH
John asked about ADGO discs and shirts or other ADGO logo'ed merch being made available for sale.
John will create a thread to post for a graphic designer to design another ADGO log for merchandise NOT related to membership.

E) WEBSITE IDEAS
Discussions were held to add website links for courses with the Course Liason in charge of getting contact information from the "course pros", or course contacts to update the course links section of the website.
Also there was discussion of adding new Blairsville, Young Harris and
Macon courses to the discussion board.

F) ADGO "AFFLIATE CLUBS"
Discussion was held to see if the local clubs wished to be under the ADGO "umbrella" or if they were working independently of the ADGO when local courses / proposals / dealings with county personnel needed to be addressed.

ADJOURNMENT
Meeting was adjourned at 8:53PM
keith johnson
Moderator
 
Posts: 4855
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:58 am
Location: in georgia

JULY 10TH, 2008 Minutes

Postby keith johnson » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:28 pm

Minutes from JULY 10TH, 2008

ADGO CLUB AGENDA

1) CALL TO ORDER
Meeting was called to order at 6:45 PM
In attendance were Keith, Jay, Paul, Imran, Rick, and John

2) READING OF MAY 6th, 2008 MINUTES
Minutes were accepted with changes.

3) OLD BUSINESS

A) CHANGE MEMBERSHIP PAGE
Change was made to Solstice and John reports no issues.
John will speak with Chris to lower the shipping to cover actual costs, and to put an item in for clarification that the ADGO member tags are NOT the same as the ADGO challenge bag tags.

B) ADGO EVENT FOR FALL/WINTER
Motion is made and passed to have the ADGO Winter Member Event at Perkerson Park November 9th.
Free to all Current 2008 ADGO members, with 2009 renewals being taken at check-in, and new memberships to carry through the 2009 calendar year available at $10 and $15 respectfully. Proposed as a 2 round event with 1st round being singles and 2nd round TBD depending on time constraints.

C) ADGO MERCH
John will make a post in BOD thread for design ideas for ADGO logo to be used for Non-Member items for sale. After wording is approved it will post on the ADGO announcement thread, with the design winner receiving some of the newly logoed merchandise for their efforts.

E) WEBSITE IDEAS
Imran reports that the website list is being worked on from "macro to mini" to update it. Board members asked for tweaking of the website to repair broken links (2 of 5 broken) and install newer functionality to the site. Imran and Rick will get together to work on site maintenance. John proposed linking the course links to Discgolfreview.com until the course links are established. Jay will E-mail course moderators about setting their course links to be similar to what he has done with Sequoyah's course thread.
Motion was made and passed to not be able to use personal references in a signature line without that person's prior permission.

F) ADGO "AFFLIATE CLUBS"
Discussion was held for the ADGO BOD to meet with representatives from the other clubs in the area to set the framework for an ADGO "Umbrella" at a meeting to be held on Tuesday August 19th at ERP.
Discussion was also held about reciprocal links on the ADGO website with the decision made that the other entity needed to provide the info/content for the link and provide a link such as ADGO/---.com

4) NEW BUSINESS

A) Message Board Issues - Posters getting out of hand
Discussed during website ideas time slot with BOD agreeeing to changes for signature lines and to basically monitor posts to insure things did not get out of hand.

B) Darrell Lynn Donation
Keith re-stated the posted proposal the the BOD had agreed upon in the Darrell Lynn BOD thread, which was to have the ADGO match the $25 dollars and merchandise donation Keith was making to the Darrell Lynn memorial fund to meet the challenge thrown out to all the Affliate Clubs to try and raise $3000. Motion passed.

C) Budget Report
John stated the balance was approximately $820 with $245 deposited from the ADGO Spring Member Event, 3 new members added, and the second $100 check sent to Milledgeville being the transactions since the last BOD meeting. John also reported that Wookie said that he would split the Challenge Bag Tag proceeds with the ADGO again as he did last year.
John also reported that he still needed to complete the Budget Proposal requested at the last meeting.

OTHER ITEMS
None

ADJOURNMENT
8:56 PM
keith johnson
Moderator
 
Posts: 4855
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:58 am
Location: in georgia

ADGO Board of Directors Meeting Minutes November 19, 2008

Postby Woodrow » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:19 am

ADGO Meeting Minutes
November 19, 2008

1)CALL TO ORDER:6:27PM
In attendance: Keith Johnson, Jay Voss, John Ritger, Woody Blackwell, Paul LaPerre, Jason Makarovich(new Course Liaison Director) and Barry Arnson(Web Master)

2)READING OF MINUTES
July 10, 2008 Minutes previously accepted on-line. No further ammendments.

3)OLD BUSINESS
A) Message Board Issues
- BOD will review PDGA and Forum Provider guidelines for adoption to ADGO forums.
- Moderators will move offensive threads or posts to the BOD Forum for review by the BOD for evaluation and further action if necessary. Moderators will post notice that thread or post is under review and notify poster by email or PM.

MOTION by Paul LaPerre, 2nd by Woody Blackwell
- To adopt PDGA Forum guidelines to be in effect immediately.
PASSED by majority vote.

- John Ritger will email PDGA Guidelines to the membership and post notice of adoption in ADGO Announcements thread.
- Jay Voss will post alias list for BOD review.

MOTION by Keith Johnson, 2nd by Jay Voss
- To eliminate alias function throughout the ADGO Forum.
PASSED by majority vote.

B) Budget Report
- John Ritger will complete report with proposed budget allotments for review at the next BOD meeting.
- John Ritger will post current status summary for final BOD review before posting in the ADGO Announcement Forum.
- David Walls owes $170 of Bag Tag money and has agreed to remit payment ASAP.
- Josh Henley has been reimbursed $108 for expenses from the ADGO Winter Member Event of November 9th, 2008.
- Current balance of ADGO treasury is $1192.
C) Membership Page
- Changes proposed in the July BOD meeting have been implemented.
D) ADGO Winter Event
- 57 members were in attendance with 6-7 new members joined.
E) ADGO Merchandise
- 3 discs remain in stock, no shirts remain.
- Keith Johnson will order 20 more discs and 20 more shirts for new member stock.

MOTION by John Ritger, no 2nd
- To sell ADGO merchandise to raise funds for only local PDGA NT events.

- Jay Voss will solicit a proposal from Rand Eberhard(Atlanta Open TD) for ADGO support of the Atlanta Open NT Event.
- Paul LaPerre and John Ritger will compose and present a proposal to Rand for ADGO sponsorship of the Atlanta Open NT Event.
F) Website Ideas
- Barry Arnson reported that the Local Action list and Local Course list as proposed is underway.

MOTION by Woody Blackwell, 2nd by Keith Johnson
- To charge vendors for advertisement space with a forwarding link on the ADGO front page at a rate of $100 per calendar year.
PASSED by Majority vote.

- Barry Arnson will 'clean up' Local Tournament information on the ADGO front page for clarity, simpler use and linking.
G) ADGO "Affiliate Clubs"
- Barry Arnson will set up front pages for affiliate clubs with links from the ADGO front page.

4) NEW BUSINESS
A) Election of Officers
- Positions open for election in December are the following:
Communications Director - Barry Arnson nominated
Vice President - no nominations
Membership/Public Relations Director - Donnie Reese nominated
Treasurer - John Ritger nominated
- John Ritger will email the list of nominees to and solicit nominees from the ADGO membership.
- Keith Johnson will post the list of nominees to the ADGO Announcements Forum and solicit nominees from the ADGO membership.
B) Website
- John Plotky is the new Web Master with assistance from Wes Matthews.
- Barry Arnson will contact David Centofanti who has expressed an interest in assisting with website duties.

5) OTHER ITEMS
A) Bag-Tag Challenge
- Jay Voss and Paul LaPerre will compose and present a proposal to David Walls that`the ADGO run the Atlanta Bag-Tag Challenge for 2009.
B) ADGO Identification Tags
- The ADGO bag-tags will now be referred to as 'ADGO ID' to avoid confusion with the Bag-Tag Challenge tags.
C) Adopt-a-Hole
- Jason Makarovich and John Ritger will organize and run an Adopt-a-Hole program at East Roswell Park to serve as a model for other courses in the area.
D) BOD Meetings
- Email will be used as the primary means of establishing BOD meeting dates and times rather than the BOD Forum.
E) PDGA Renewals
- The ADGO will man a table at the Cold Snake Classic in December at Sequoyah Park for PDGA membership renewals through the Affiliate Club program.
- Keith Johnson will provide a PDGA banner.
- Jay Voss will provide an ADGO banner.

MOTION to Adjourn by Paul LaPerre, 2nd by Keith Johnson.
PASSED by majority vote
- Adjournment at 8:40PM
Woodrow
Moderator
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Alpha Quadrant, MWG


Return to ADGO Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests