Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Jan. 17

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Jan. 17

Postby James Powell » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:05 pm

The Oak Hill Middle School disc golf club will sponsor an Ice Bowl in Milledgeville on Jan. 17, 2009. All proceeds will go to Milledgeville's Meals on Wheels. Current plans are to have one round of singles, followed by a chili lunch, then a round of random draw doubles for those interested. I am planning to give 1st place trophies in open and juniors, as well as a plaque for whomever raises the most money. Also, I will be hitting up the community for CTP's for every hole. I will get Ice Bowl discs if I can get a sponsor. Most tourneys have rocs and aviars. Any preferences? I will give more details as the date approaches. Hope you can make it!! :D

James
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Re: Ice Bowl in Milledgeville, Jan. 17

Postby luke » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:34 pm

I would love to see some ATL guys make it down to this. James has single-handedly opened disc golf up to a large group of Juniors by installing this course. Make it down and support growth south of I-20!
luke
Star Plastic

Postby James Powell » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:35 pm

Thanks Luke!! You need to pm me and set up a time to come play down here. I still have your discs and those extra rhynos.

Alright, here is the lowdown as I know it now. $15 entry, $5 optional for 5 CTP's per division plus prize drawing, free chili lunch, and an Ice Bowl disc. Some type of trophy for 1st in each division, (open,am, women, girls' and boys' juniors as needed) I will also have some Ice Bowl discs for sale. All money will go to the Baldwin County Meals on Wheels. Sign in from 8:30-9:30, players' meeting at 9:40. Singles begin at 10:00, random draw doubles after lunch. I will have 11-18 holes set up, depending on how many portable baskets you guys can bring. (I sold mine) Guaranteed to have a great time, so let me know if you plan on coming.

For the optional $5 buy in, not only will you get a chance to win one or more of the 5 CTP's per division, but you will also be entered in the drawing for three discs. The discs will be an inncolor star Ontario Roc, a Gateway supersoft Magic putter, and a star Destroyer, all with the Ice Bowl logo. I will also have 10 champion Monarchs, 5 champion Boss drivers, and 5 FLX Discraft SS Surges for sale at $15 each. Please plan on coming to play Rolling Hills DGC and support Meals on Wheels!

Thanks,
James
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Postby James Powell » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:04 pm

On top of all the possible prizes to be won at our Ice bowl, we have now added an Innova Traveler Basket. This will be drawn for seperately with the $5 buy-in. We will now have 5 CTP's per division, a drawing for the basket, and a drawing for the three discs mentioned earlier, all for $5! Please preregister if possible. As of right now, I only plan 3 divisions; open, jr. boys, and jr. girls. All of your entry money will go to our charity, Baldwin County Meals on Wheels. Don't forget, we feed you for free as well! Please plan to attend!

Thanks,
James
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Postby James Powell » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:11 pm

When you register for the Ice bowl, sign up as advanced, intermediate, or recreational if you are new to disc golf. I will have a trophy for each division. When I said open, I just meant everyone over 18. Since this is about charity and having fun, I figured most people would not mind playing one division. I do not want to leave anyone out, however. If any pros want to play, sign up as open. Remember, winners get trophies. Don't forget the extra $5 for all the additional chances to win. That now includes an Innova Traveler basket!

Hope some of you from the north can make it!

James
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Postby James Powell » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:42 pm

Bump. :roll:
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Postby crickey » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:35 pm

Everyone needs to give a big hand to James for
raising over $1,000 for Milledgeville Meals on
Wheels.

He had a great crowd of people in the Juniors
level and some great temporary holes on the
course to compliment the existing permanent
holes.

Ask Luke McFarland about his "Tin Cup"
experience next time you see him.

Regards,

"the Champ" :lol:

I beat Luke, Wookie and Mr Anderson in the
Open Division
Last edited by crickey on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tryin' to sing a familiar tune,
Howlin' the words under a bloodshot moon
crickey
DX Plastic

Postby Wookie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:40 pm

It was great to see all the Juniors having fun. They were having a big time and the extra holes made the course a lot of fun to play. James had a lot of room to stretch out and it made for some interesting shots, just ask Luke. :lol:

Congrats on running a great event James, the chili rocked and it was damn cold outside.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby James Powell » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:05 pm

Thanks guys. Congratulations to Chris on his win. It was good to meet you, "Wookie". Hope you guys can make it again next year.

James
James Powell
PDGA #21329
James Powell
DX Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments