GSSS extra chatter

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

GSSS extra chatter

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:00 am

Yes - It's that time of year boys and girls to get out some information about the GSSS for '09

Things will be the same with 6 Events 6 Weeks apart (except for August being 7 because of Worlds) following the same weekends as Last year.
6 PDGA Sanctioned C-tier Events
First Event at THE CRUCIBLE Feb 14th, 2009 - Last Event at Lake Russell September 12-13th, 2009
Same GREAT Starting Course and Great Vacation Ending Course
Other 4 will be announced as time goes on(Central is still in the mix and others may or may not be in or at same time frames, depending on courses popping up and availability)
Same entry fees as '08

There will also be some changes for the better, including changes in the way the Events are signed up for.

Stay tuned right here for all the info as it becomes available.

The SERIES will be BETTER than in 2008!

Thanks to all who were a part of the Series in 2008 - and if you missed out in '08, PLEASE DON'T MISS OUT IN '09!

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Re: GSSS '09

Postby VERMIN » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:16 am

Are the 2009 events full yet? :mrgreen:
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:25 am

VERMIN wrote:Are the 2009 events full yet? :mrgreen:

Actually they are as I have 72 people on Georgia's Team for next year! :shock:

Keep checking your mailbox. :lol:
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:33 am

Another good thing is no conflict with the IDGC series as none of the Events are on the first weekends, so now Jason will be able to play all 6 in '09! :wink:
keith johnson

Postby djester » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:11 pm

keith johnson wrote:
VERMIN wrote:Are the 2009 events full yet? :mrgreen:

Actually they are as I have 72 people on Georgia's Team for next year! :shock:

Keep checking your mailbox. :lol:

A note in my mailbox read that I was added to George's Team..... what's up with that? 8)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Sweeney » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:45 pm

Keith,

Is the Feb, 14th date set in stone? I'll start looking for flights now if it is.
The Oregon message boards suck, so I am not leaving
Sweeney
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:36 pm

Sweeney wrote:Keith,

Is the Feb, 14th date set in stone? I'll start looking for flights now if it is.

It's not in GA granite, but unless something unforseen or tragic happens that will be the date, and other dates are the same situation for those who plan ahead.

I hate putting the 1 event less than a week after I return form worlds, but if it sells out it won't be an issue anyways.
(unless "the Artist" tries to get a hold of me again during Worlds) :shock: :lol:
keith johnson

Postby jonp » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:46 pm

keith johnson wrote: Feb 14th, 2009

Will there be candy hearts in the player packs?
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Postby grease » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:31 pm

Can we start whining about not getting in to your events yet?
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:09 pm

Sweeney wrote:Keith,

Just spoke with Doug to confirm, and now it's in GRANITE!

Year 2 starts on Valentine's Day 2009!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:19 am

keith johnson wrote:Another good thing is no conflict with the IDGC series as none of the Events are on the first weekends, so now Jason will be able to play all 6 in '09! :wink:

You mean donate my money to the pro pool while playing ;) I do need to get out for some ATL tournaments, can you believe with all the talk on here i've never played a round in ATL.

The IDGC series and Augusta Tournaments will be undergoing some changes this year as well. I may only do the series quarterly or Bi-monthly.

I think we may have had way too many tournaments in Augusta this year, if that's possible......
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:37 am

Ridesbrd wrote:
keith johnson wrote:Another good thing is no conflict with the IDGC series as none of the Events are on the first weekends, so now Jason will be able to play all 6 in '09! :wink:

You mean donate my money to the pro pool while playing ;) I do need to get out for some ATL tournaments, can you believe with all the talk on here i've never played a round in ATL.

Well playing in the GSSS you still wouldn't be technically playing any in ATL. :lol:
The closest to the ATL area would be Central and Deerlick.
keith johnson

Postby RandyH » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:33 pm

No dude, you can't start on V-day. Some of us have women with very high demands on that day. I really don't want to be on the news missing after the event.
RandyH
Barney

Postby Imran » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:37 pm

Randy that was very convincing. Keith will definitely change the date now, as he must not have realized that this was valentines day.
Some guys will be going thru some hell that night. :evil:
Not me. :mrgreen: Momma didn't raise no fool.
damn..., that is one fine piece of plastic.
Imran

Postby keith johnson » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:58 pm

You guys can all spend twice as much money going out to dinner, getting fixed menus and buying flowers on that day, while I'll go out on Sunday, eat what I want off the menu and get flowers at half price, cuz I'm no fool. :D

The 14th is JUST a day, the day before or the next day can be you and your sweeties day - If you love and care for each other it WILL NOT MATTER!

Anyone who doesn't/isn't able to make it will miss out on the 1st Event, but still have 5 more left.
Anyone who has a spouse that cares that much that their husband/boyfriend can't play that day has bigger issues than you playing a Disc Golf Event. Trust me! :roll:

By the way there is a Ladies only A-Tier Event in North Florida on the Suwanee River Lorelei is sponsoring that happens to be on Valentine's weekend that is being TD'ed by a 5 time World Champion Female who is married.

Sometimes disc golf has to be on days that there's other things happening.
keith johnson

Postby Imran » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:40 am

Ooops, I wasn’t calling you a fool Keith. I didn’t mean for it to come out like that.
I totally agree that Valentines should be no different than any other day. Every day should be valentines day, really. In my opinion, all holidays are all built around capitalism anyway. Unfortunately, my wife buys into most of these capitalistic holidays, especially valentines day. So, if I was to play golf on that day, there would be hell to pay, as I have made that mistake before. So, therefore, mama didn’t raise no fool for me to go and do it again. I would love to play the Crucible since I never have, but have heard nothing but great things. …except for Wapow, but he’s always negative, so he doesn’t really count. Anyway, I hope to get in on the other 5 events.

Thanks for running the series again! Keep up the great work!
damn..., that is one fine piece of plastic.
Imran

Postby VERMIN » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:53 am

I would be willing to step up and take care of girlfirends for the guys that want to play. Please leave a few bucks with them as they will be buying my dinner for services rendered. It's the least I can do. :wink:
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:02 am

VERMIN wrote:I would be willing to step up and take care of girlfirends for the guys that want to play. Please leave a few bucks with them as they will be buying my dinner for services rendered. It's the least I can do. :wink:

I thought that's why Sweeney was flying back in. :D
keith johnson

Postby Jay » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:07 am

keith johnson wrote:You guys can all spend twice as much money going out to dinner, getting fixed menus and buying flowers on that day, while I'll go out on Sunday, eat what I want off the menu and get flowers at half price, cuz I'm no fool. :D

The 14th is JUST a day, the day before or the next day can be you and your sweeties day - If you love and care for each other it WILL NOT MATTER!

Anyone who has a spouse that cares that much that their husband/boyfriend can't play that day has bigger issues than you playing a Disc Golf Event. Trust me! :roll:

CHECK! 28 years and still counting!
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Postby Clunck » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:09 am

keith johnson wrote:You guys can all spend twice as much money going out to dinner, getting fixed menus and buying flowers on that day, while I'll go out on Sunday, eat what I want off the menu and get flowers at half price, cuz I'm no fool. :D

The 14th is JUST a day,

Spoken like a true romantic!!
I guess what you are not getting is that most of us play A Lot of weekends away from our ladies. And for the most part they tolerate being alone so we can be selfish so often. But you gotta give some weekends back; especially a Valentines Day weekend.
That was in, cocker block doesn't count!
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:16 am

How sweet. So what do you have planned for Redan Randy on the special day. I can see why he's so fond of you.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Clunck » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:27 am

richardhead wrote:How sweet. So what do you have planned for Redan Randy on the special day. I can see why he's so fond of you.

It's a surprise, he reads the board so I don't want to let it out. I'll PM you the details.
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:57 am

Clunck wrote:

The 14th is JUST a day,

Spoken like a true romantic!!
I guess what you are not getting is that most of us play A Lot of weekends away from our ladies. And for the most part they tolerate being alone so we can be selfish so often. But you gotta give some weekends back; especially a Valentines Day weekend.

Preaching to the choir here. I spend over half of the years weekends playing disc golf, but if you treat EVERY DAY like it's Valentine's day, Mother's day, thier Birthday, or their anniversary - dates on the calendar don't matter.

If there's 10 people or a full field it will still meet the GSSS standard for a quality, and well paid Event! :D

By the way Chad, the only event you played in the series for '08 was the last 1, so missing the first 1(or 5) shouldn't matter to you. :wink:
keith johnson

Postby VERMIN » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:23 am

VERMIN wrote:I would be willing to step up and take care of girlfirends for the guys that want to play. Please leave a few bucks with them as they will be buying my dinner for services rendered. It's the least I can do. :wink:

Wives too but that will cost you extra

VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Clunck » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:56 am

keith johnson wrote:
Preaching to the choir here. I spend over half of the years weekends playing disc golf

Maybe that's the way she wants it. :shock:
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:22 pm

Clunck wrote:
keith johnson wrote:
Preaching to the choir here. I spend over half of the years weekends playing disc golf

Maybe that's the way she wants it. :shock:

Except that just like you saw at Lake Russell, she is there with me at almost every one, and she doesn't even like Disc Golf. That's the difference, she still puts up with me and Disc Golf because the rest of the time it isn't Disc Golf. :D
keith johnson

Postby DD » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:31 pm

keith johnson wrote:
Clunck wrote:
keith johnson wrote:That's the difference, she still puts up with me and Disc Golf because the rest of the time it isn't Disc Golf. :D

That's right. Its Business time.
Dave Douglas
DD
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:34 am

Please read and answer the poll questions in the Q&A thread for the GSSS'09.

Thanks,
Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:36 am

Look for the final 2 events to be announced in the next week or so.

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised with this years schedule!

More news soon!

Keith
keith johnson

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments