Moccasin Lake Open (Ams) Nov 8-9, 2008

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Moccasin Lake Open (Ams) Nov 8-9, 2008

Postby maximus » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:10 pm

I am thinking about trying to go down to the Tampa area for this tournament and was wondering if anyone else is thinking about making the trip. I have talked to a couple of people that said maybe, but wanted to put the word out as it looks like sign-up will start soon and I have a feeling that it will fill quickly.

They split the weekends for Pro and Ams so this weekend is the AM weekend. The course is Cliff Stevens and is a nice course, with some water, sure to be wind, and fairly open with risk-reward opportunities, for those who have never seen it.

The only other event that I see that weekend that is close is the Upstate Classic in Greenville, SC, and I don't know anything about that tournament or the course? Maybe a second option?

I don't see anything going on in the Atlanta area, so I hope I am not stepping on local toes, if so, please advise.

Thanks
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Re: Moccasin Lake Open (Ams) Nov 8-9, 2008

Postby richardhead » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:27 pm

Cliff Stephens is the bomb. The Upstate Classic is even better. It's held every year at Timmons Park in Greenville. Timmons is the best wooded short course period. I'm not trying to tear you away from Tampa, but I won't ever miss the Upstate Classic.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Re: Moccasin Lake Open (Ams) Nov 8-9, 2008

Postby grease » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:11 pm

Second!
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments