Hotlanta Thread

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Hotlanta Thread

Postby dandaman » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:25 pm

If there was another certified TD who would be willing to split the time and effort to make sure this event happens this year, I will gladly Co-TD as a certified official this event. (pending me getting certification)

I would very much like to see Hotlanta not cancelled this year or any other year for that matter.

That being said, if anyone is interested in having Hotlanta, being an TD for Hotlanta, or helping to get Hotlanta up and running please feel free to contact me, or leave a message on this thread:

Daniel
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Hotlanta

Postby Mike D » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:29 pm

Daniel,

I will think about it, Does it have to be an "A" tier?

Later,

Mike D
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby Clunck » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:48 pm

Move Hotlanta to Perkerson and Moseley! At least it will be in Atlanta.
That was in, cocker block doesn't count!
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:49 pm

CHECK!!!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Re: Hotlanta

Postby dandaman » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:33 pm

Mike D wrote:Daniel,

I will think about it, Does it have to be an "A" tier?

Later,

Mike D

I don't see why it should have to be. I know that the requirements for A-Tier is much more than a B-tier.

Why not B-Tier? If you ask me the NT is nowhere near ATL anyway...Of course there are plenty of world class golfers in our own backyard. But I would have to state that I would prefer it to be B-Tier...especially if its my first PDGA tournament as an official.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:35 pm

B tier is good. Run with it yuppies.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Re: Hotlanta

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:19 pm

Mike D wrote:Daniel,

I will think about it, Later,

Mike D
You would be the MANDIZZLE!!!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:36 pm

You could use JP and Fayetteville. Aren't they pretty close to each other?
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby dandaman » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:38 pm

I must admit that I really would like to see a PDGA tournament at Moseley this year.

Primary reason: It might be the best avenue for getting concrete teepads installed on the course. I've already talked to Parks about getting concrete pads, and they would be more willing to do so if there was a viable reason to do so.

So I have a somewhat selfish reason for nominating myself as a TD for the Hotlanta event, and wishing that the JP be used for the Hotlanta event.

As a sister course I think it would be cool to see either Fayetteville, Perkerson (if permenant) or Redan used for the event.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:52 pm

The joy of being TD is that you can call the shots. I'll play Hotlanta at Mosley and ? Well anywhere I guess.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby SlingShot » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:57 am

My Thoughts
All for Fayetteville and Mosley.
dandaman wrote:

Primary reason: It might be the best avenue for getting concrete teepads installed on the course. I've already talked to Parks about getting concrete pads, and they would be more willing to do so if there was a viable reason to do so.

Holds Equal Water at McCurry Park although word is concrete should be in there soon. (next 3 months or so)

Fayetteville and Deerlick are closer. (25 min v. 45 min) but JP and McC need the action.

No TD qualifications here, but if there is anyting I can do to help make this happen I would be glad to help.
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:39 am

Andrew, just take the TD test and help out Daniel. Daniel, you do the same. It looks like proximity wise, that McCurry and JP Moseley are closer than Deerlick or Redan. I hope you step up Daniel. You would make a great td. I would be willing to help out in any way except being a co-TD.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby richardhead » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:10 am

I'm willing to help in anyway. As long as I don't have to do anything. So basically I'll help out by signing up to play.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby jritger » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:04 am

Do it Daniel!

JP to Redan = 18 miles
JP to Mccurry = 19 miles

So same distance. Perkerson is a no-go for anything this year.
jritger

Postby richardhead » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:42 am

Since the tools from Redan can't get there act together I say forget Redan. Mosley and McCurry sounds great. You can do it.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby JPZ » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:47 pm

I love playing Redan but I'm sure several(MOST) people would agree it can be a bit overwhelming to play a round while thinking about your window getting busted out
JP and MC sound 8) ....on another note does anyone know where we could get a tractor for JP, I'm sure we could pull some money together for the rental for 7-8-9-12-13-14-15-16-17 or should we just wait for the parks dept. great work Dan as always
JPZ
Champion Plastic

Postby SlingShot » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:46 pm

Mosley and Redan are closest as far as drive time goes. Same goes for McC and Deer Lick. JP and McC would be max fun but a strong 45 min drive.
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:57 pm

how about Lenora and Redan?? :?

or... Redan and Lenora??

(runs)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:59 pm

jritger wrote:Do it Daniel!

JP to Redan = 18 miles
JP to Mccurry = 19 miles

So same distance. Perkerson is a no-go for anything this year.

I know a quicker way to JP from Redan....couldn't be more than 12 miles.....takes about 15-20 mins (max)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Clunck » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:10 pm

Lenora=Boring
Redan=broke window
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:12 pm

SlingShot wrote:Mosley and Redan are closest as far as drive time goes. Same goes for McC and Deer Lick. JP and McC would be max fun but a strong 45 min drive.

Taking backroads doesn't take that long. 17.87 miles. Approx. time 29 mins. Mapquest.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Clunck » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:16 pm

Daniel has spoken. JP and McCurry it is!

PS. Can we skip holes 1&2 @ McCurry?
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:59 pm

To all you wimps that are worried about your windows at Redan. I have been playing there a lot for the past 12 years and have never been broken into. I never spend a minute worring about it either. Get your Karma straight. What a bunch of wimpy whiner "tools"!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:05 pm

The course is great. I just don't like all of the assholes that play it.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:22 pm

richardhead Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:05 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I just don't like all of the assholes that play it. "

And you question my heterosexualitynessification - I am not sampling a$$ at all the courses in Atl like you apparently are - Jay=Gay with a respelling his name with a soft "G"
[/quote]
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:47 pm

richardhead wrote:The course is great. I just don't like all of the assholes that play it.
Exactly!! Get your Karma straight, SHUUNNNN!!! Otherwise, it will come back to bite you on that BIG a$$ of yours!! :D
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:29 pm

My karma is in tip top shape Randy of shuleville. Why don't you and Funky Bobby go to McD's and figure out who's going to "favor me" first.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Q Mayben » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:58 pm

Keep hotlanta the same redan lenora
if its at another course dont call it hotlanta
it just wont be the same
Gold Bond never leave home without it
Q Mayben
DX Plastic

Postby Clunck » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:05 pm

Back in the trunk Q!
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby jaffmaster » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:17 pm

I agree with Q. It just wouldn't be the same.
"If you can't handle the action, leave it in the jaffer for someone who can." -Otis
jaffmaster
Barney

Postby richardhead » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:29 pm

So you would rather have no Hotlanta? You people get worse by the day. I'd much rather have a quality tournament elsewhere then none at all. Wankers.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Wookie » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:57 pm

step up and run one then and show everyone "how it's supposed to go down"!!
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:07 pm

I agree with Q as well. And yes, i would rather have no Hotlanta if it would keep your HUGE head in the closet with your alter ego yeahcomeon. I'm sure there's more then golden arches going on there. :lol:
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Bootsie » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:09 pm

Jay how long you been playing for? That tourney is one of the longest running here in ATL. You couldnt call it Hotlanta if you used two other courses.
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:13 pm

Daniel is the most interested in picking up Hotlanta this year. I would imagine he would like to include his home course in the tourney. No offense, but a lot of people complain about Lenora being part of Hotlanta. Hopefully, with the new basket upgrade, that complaining will cease. Either way, if you want to keep the courses Redan and Lenora, Daniel may ( :lol: ) NOT be as interested. If that happens, does anyone else want to step up?
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby keith johnson » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:49 pm

One thing everybody talking about milage is not thinking about is that you play one course each day, not drive between them, so you would only need to find a central location (maybe even McDonalds) for the awards ceremony.

No matter which venues are chosen , I'll be driving along way to them, and I'll still be there. (as long as it's not in September, when I'm out of town every weekend)
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Redan Randy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:56 pm

I will play wherever you have it. I think Redan and JP would make a better tourney then Redan/Lenora. Maybe not call it Hotlanta. Maybe Zombiefest '08 - No Wimps, No Whiners, No RichardHEADS! :D
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:17 pm

SEND MORE BRAINS!!!!!!!!!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby dandaman » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:25 am

If the name is Hotlanta or not, my plan is to have a PDGA tourney at JP this summer. That reason is two-fold. Number one, there has never been a PDGA tourney at JP and it is easily a PDGA championship course. Number two, JP is lacking concrete teepads, additional benches, and trashcans-things that are much more easier to acquire if there is a reason to do so.

Now granted, I've never known the Hotlanta tournament to be anywhere else than than Redan and Lenora, but then again I've never known Hotlanta to not exist for a calender year either.

Bottom line: If I was to be the TD for a tournament called Hotlanta I would definetly use JP Moseley as one of its courses. Primary reasons: It is close to my house, it is a championship caliber course with no history of a PDGA tourney, it offers more variety than Lenora, it would issue in increased amenities for the park, it offers better options for traveling players, the possible sister courses that can be used are better than just one.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:11 am

Primary Reasons:

1)It is close to my house

I'm willing to step up an take the challenge of being the TD for a tournament called Hotlanta. If I'm going to volunteer to be a TD I want things to be as easy as possible. Meaning I'm not willing to drive three counties away to TD at a course b/c that is what has always been done.

2) It is a championship caliber course with no history of a PDGA tourney

The more courses that can be used in for PDGA events in the city of Atlanta the better it is for everyone. Who knows? If Atlanta ever gets organized enough the PDGA may be more willing to look at us for it's more serious events.

3) It offers more variety than Lenora

JP has more variety than Lenora. For those of you who really like Lenora, there are definitely holes out there that will remind you of Lenora: 9, 11, 12, 18. But it also has holes that will remind you of Redan: 2, 6. East Roswell: 3. Crucible: 8, 9, 13. Lake Russell: 7, 17. Meriweather (alt 9): 14, 15. And some unique holes where I'm not sure where the inspiration came from: 1, 4, 5, 10, 16.

It would issue in increased amenities for the park

Concrete tee pads, benches, trashcans, etc...

It offers better options for traveling players

JP Moseley is minutes (10 or less) from I-75 and I-675...making it easier for players to reach Interstate speeds. There is plenty of lodging available in Stockbridge. Stockbridge would be a great place for out-of-towners to stay in between days.

The possible sister courses

Using JP means that two possible sister courses could be used instead of just one. McCurry park is to our east, approx. 30 mins away, convenient to I-75 and the course difficulty is compatible to JP. Redan Park is to the north, approx 30 mins away, and is a championship caliber course.

At this point I would be more willing to use the park that would cost the least amount of money to rent out for two days. I'm 90% sure that JP could be rented for free (bc I would be the TD, I've volunteered a lot of my time at JP and I would be the one approaching the parks) I'm not sure about McCurry but I'm pretty sure Redan comes with a price tag. The less $ that has to be paid out to the parks, the more money that is in the purse. I can tell you right now, if McCurry costs less than Redan, I would be more willing to use McCurry as the second course.
Last edited by dandaman on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:26 am

keith johnson wrote:One thing everybody talking about milage is not thinking about is that you play one course each day, not drive between them, so you would only need to find a central location (maybe even McDonalds) for the awards ceremony.

I agree. By using JP and McCurry there is a long cooridor of possibilities along I-75. Hwy 138-Tara blvd. 7-mile stretch.

That reminds me of something that I would like to bring up. I haven't played in the last few Hotlanta's but one thing that bothered me from years past was the very large singular player's meeting that was held on one course. While it did give a chance for all the golfers, pro's and ams, to meet before the first round, it was a bit awkward. Awkward because half of the players then had to leave to play the other course b/c it wasn't their day to play Lenora/Redan.

So that would be one thing that I'm sure most people would be happy about (and agree with): No unecessary trips b/t the courses, and a players meeting to be held at both the courses on the first day. One place for the awards ceremony.
Last edited by dandaman on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:35 am

grease wrote:Either way, if you want to keep the courses Redan and Lenora, Daniel may ( :lol: ) NOT be as interested. If that happens, does anyone else want to step up?

Please feel free. I'm serious. I have no issue for anyone who wishes to host and plan this event otherwise. I won't get upset or even a teensy bit mad. If you would rather host and plan this event, feel free to drop your name in the hat. There still needs to be a confirmation for a CO-TD as well. I'd rather it be a pro, so we could both play if we so choose. In any case the decision needs to be made soon. July is not that far away. If I'm going to run a PDGA tourney, I'm going to do it right.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:15 am

I'd love to help you Daniel, except I'm doing this part in red 6 times and more than 3 counties for a few of them :lol:

1)It is close to my house

I'm willing to step up an take the challenge of being the TD for a tournament called Hotlanta. If I'm going to volunteer to be a TD I want things to be as easy as possible.
Meaning I'm not willing to drive three counties away to TD at a course b/c that is what has always been done.

I will be happy to offer "brains" for assistance or idea bouncing if you wish.

Wish I had known last September that Augusta was going to have 18 PDGA SANCTIONED events in '08 after having 1 in 2007, as "theJ" (trademarked so Ritger can't use it :lol: ) would have been a welcome addition to the GSSS schedule from what I hear about it.

I wish you well in whatever you do.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby richardhead » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:32 am

Wookie wrote:step up and run one then and show everyone "how it's supposed to go down"!!

Wow you nailed me there. :roll: I have nothing juvenile and pointless to say about that one.

There is the fact that I've never implied that I have the desire or knowledge to run a tournament. The only people that care about tradition are the yahoo's that are oblivious to the fact that disc golf does exist's outside of Redan. I love the course, I love playing tournaments more. I'd much rather see the tournament happen at different courses than not at all.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:01 am

If Hotlanta doesn't use Redan this year, which is fine because i understand and appreciate Daniels posts above, their will be NO tourneys at Redan this year. Because of attitudes like RichardHEADs, the people that ran those tourneys, so professionally, have said screw it. What a shame, Pnut, Prandy, Kevin, Steph, and many others did all that hard work to be called a$$holes by you. :D
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:06 am

richardhead wrote:The course is great. I just don't like all of the assholes that play it.
You censored me? Bootyholes? :roll:
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:14 am

I want to know what the deal is with all the whining about paying the parks something to hold a DG tournament? Disc golf, generally speaking, brings little to no revenue into the park. If they agree to close the course down, we should all gladly drop a few bucks the park's way. Softball, tennis, baseball, flag football, soccer etc etc all contribute to the parks' coffers. Why shouldn't disc golf? Buddies, if we want disc golf courses, (with concrete pads, maintained, etc etc) we need to do something to make it worth their while.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:27 am

Wow Randy, do you really believe what you posted. There will be no tourneys at Redan because the people that run them are crooks and liars. I won't deny that they worked hard, I'm sure they did. At the end of the day all that hard work only produced drama. You know they always say that when you are guilty you quit. Don't think it has anything to do with the opinion of another asshole.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Moose » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:46 am

My vote is for Mosley and Redan....I don't ever remember a car getting popped during a tourny... I had a window smashed about two months ago but continue to go twice a week.
"Though no one can go back in time and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
Moose
DX Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:11 pm

richardhead wrote:Wow Randy, do you really believe what you posted. There will be no tourneys at Redan because the people that run them are crooks and liars. I won't deny that they worked hard, I'm sure they did. At the end of the day all that hard work only produced drama. You know they always say that when you are guilty you quit. Don't think it has anything to do with the opinion of another asshole.
For one thing, those are my friends that i know a lot better then you know them, and they aren't crooks and liars. They should be paid for their services. It is a thankless job because a few boneHEADs ruin it for the 90% that really appreciate the hard work and don't have to "Crunch the numbers" after every tourney to find some mistake in the payout. So to answer Jaun Julio Jose "Jeff" Gomez's post, no friggin' thank you! I will help, like i've done at past Redan tourneys and play and appreciate the job done by ALL the TD's. But as long as there are sad sacks like RichardHEAD around bringing the morale of these TD's down, they will continue to go away. And you won't see me working for those kind of idiots. :(
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:36 pm

Do you need a tissue? Maybe a handi wipe. Your gushing hatchet wound is starting to smell.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Ooh slam, pause, pause, pause, NOT!! :D
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:55 pm

You and Wookie should go to McDonalds and sort out your g a y love affair.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Wookie » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:35 pm

jay you just need to back the f off, you sure can dish it out but you can't seem to take it very well without resorting to g a y jokes and calling peoples mom's out. You talk a big game about TD's that suck this and that, and how rude they are when you go out of town to a tournament, but won't step up to do anything but bitch. That seems like all you do is bitch about this, bitch about that, bitch and talk shit because you are bored and on and on and on...

You say you play for the fun of it, but you sure don't act like you are having fun.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:42 pm

Once again you got me. :roll: I keep setting myself up. You guys are just to witty. I think I was praising Daniel for stepping up. The only TD's I say anything about are the ones that lie, steal, and are rude. Of those the only one I've called out personally is Kirk Yoo. So what was your point again? I was just having fun with my great friend Shuleville Randy. Lighten up dude. Your the one not having fun.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:50 pm

[ Your the one not having fun.[/quote]

It really should have said you're the one not having fun...that offends me... Please watch your apostrophication
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:52 pm

Another sign of you gayness. What are you buddy, the grammar police. I guess you need something to fall back on. God knows disc golf isn't working.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:59 pm

...Hey chubalicious - I am not the one with beads of sweat dripping down my face every time I have to knock down a ten-footer.... The tribe call him G-a-y (with a soft G) "three-putt" Phillips...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:09 pm

931. Good luck in Intermediate Spanky. Slam.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:35 pm

SLAM???!!! - dude - 931 is Intermediate too!!?? Just think of what your rating would be if your name wasn't three-putt... You play 5 times as much as I do, you're 10 years younger, throw 100' farther and your rated a whopping 11 points higher - whoo-hoo - MAJOR accomplishment - I am making you a plaque right now... Who's slammin' who???

P.S. - thanks for giving me a ride to The Crucible - tell the wife & kids I said hello...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Vern » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:01 pm

I think you all need to get back on topic.....

Why has nobody brought up Hurricane Shoals & Victor Lord as possible venues for the event?
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby dandaman » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:01 pm

Vern wrote:Why has nobody brought up Hurricane Shoals & Victor Lord as possible venues for the event?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a better one for you, Cordele and Cloudland Canyon. I'm pretty sure we can find an acceptable awards ceremony b/t those two. :lol:
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:08 pm

8)
Last edited by dandaman on Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:03 pm

I just sent in my money to become a certified PDGA official. We would still need one more certified TD to run a two-day Hotlanta event.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:14 pm

Sorry to paint with such broad strokes Daniel. As someone who has dealt with parks & rec a lot in a previous life, it irks me that the DG'ers, in general, seem to want their cake and eat it too. I just think it hypocritical to cry foul when a park wants a fee to shut the course down, and then do not understand why parks do not want to dedicate acres of land to DG. I understand about wanting to maximize payouts - sorry about the topic drift... It would be great if you'd step up and TD Hotlanta - sounds like Redan and Mosely would be a great combo of courses.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Blah blah blah........sniffle sniffle.......blah blah.......boo hoo.......blah blah.....

THE END
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:18 pm

I think you need a tissue and a hug, big HEAD red. GOMEZ?! Take care of your boy!! Chop, care to analyze this mental case? You did a great job with Chuck!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:23 pm

richardhead wrote:Blah blah blah........sniffle sniffle.......blah blah.......boo hoo.......blah blah.....

THE END

Actually - somone took his Twinkie stash away - you should really switch to yellow-top Zingers - it's a better more diverse product...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Mr-Disc » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:22 pm

Vern

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I think you all need to get back on topic.....

Why has nobody brought up Hurricane Shoals & Victor Lord as possible venues for the event?

Why not - Fort Yargo and Masters, two of the best Disc Golf facility's in the state.
Plus a bigger draw from the SC boys.
How about free rent or lower cost?
The Hurricane is not a bad option with the Brand new oak grove course. and its private. Right next door. The Hurricane has a wicked 18 hole layout as well, plenty of holes over 600 feet.
I use to Give a dam, but now I don't give a sh!t.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:32 pm

Mr-Disc wrote:Why not - Fort Yargo and Masters, two of the best Disc Golf facility's in the state.

Why not? NO TEE PADS!!!!

Yeah, that'll draw'em in from allllllllllll over!!! Besides, most players don't expect any sort of good footing on their drive ever, at least not until... oh, say; the National Tour. So having an 'A-tier' or a 'B-tier' tournament without tee pads should go over nicely and have'em breaking down doors to sign up!!
Last edited by Woodrow on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodrow

Postby jaffmaster » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:56 pm

Add about $5,000 to the pro purse and I'd be glad to play out there.
"If you can't handle the action, leave it in the jaffer for someone who can." -Otis
jaffmaster
Barney

Postby Sweeney » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:03 pm

My two cents. Its Hotlanta, try to keep it in Atlanta (or close), not a hour north of Atlanta. If we did that we should change the name to "HotwayoutisdeLanta" or Hotlanta*...*not actually in or near Atlanta. It may not be a sexy name but we don't want to be liars.
Sweeney
DX Plastic

w

Postby $Dollar$ » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:21 pm

The will's Dogs speak the turth. take it away from LP and Redan and its not Hotlanta. At least thats the humble opinion of the Defending champ.

Jay, being the defending AND undefeated chump gets you no say so. Go post on the board for the stupid website you and the eternal bagger clunk are circle jerking to. before you respond i have will go ahead and answer your next post....b. l. o. w. me homo :shock: :shock: :shock: your mouth full?
Last edited by $Dollar$ on Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:37 pm

May i step in for a second?.................SLAM!!!!!!!!!! :oops:
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby 408man » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:12 am

Someone told me they were serving cookies in here...wtf?
Team Gold Bond
-The fastest growing team in Disc Golf-
Future Husband of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
408man
DX Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:17 am

I guess we are both chumps Dollar. You aren't about s**t outside of Atlanta. I'll let you talk when you move out of mommies basement. Or are you sharing a bunkbed now with Redan Randy and his 15 year old girlfriend.

I'll reiterate my initial point. Nobody else wants to step up and run the action except Daniel. In that case he's the only person that really has a say so about location. If you know anybody else that wants to come out of retirement to keep the Hotlanta name going then bring it on. Hopefully there won't be anymore drama.

P.S. Dollar is the defending champ of sucking my balls.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby jaffmaster » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:13 am

is that a sanctioned event or just casual match play?
jaffmaster
Barney

Postby djester » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:27 am

The Hurricane has a wicked 18 hole layout as well, plenty of holes over 600 feet....

and where are the 600 feet holes at? Why would you even blurt out this nonsense and lies about the course..... it has some challenges, I like the course, but no holes are even near 500 feet... go back to Barneyville
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Mr-Disc » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:35 am

and where are the 600 feet holes at? Why would you even blurt out this nonsense and lies about the course..... it has some challenges, I like the course, but no holes are even near 500 feet... go back to Barneyville

"nonsense" "lies about the course"

Me & Mark Campbell laid out a wicked 18 hole layout.
Starting with hole 1 650 feet throwing from gold tee #1 to basket #2

alt tee pad #2 to hole#3 over 500 feet

blue tee #4 which is used as tee #3 throwing to basket #5 over 600 feet.

Alt tee to hole 7 over 500 feet

alt tee on hole 9 over 500 feet

all we did was trim down the open nine to five long holes.

some changes in the woods as well, hole 18 has a long pin of 550

the Hurricane is still a fairly new course, it sits all by itself with no distractions, and as some of you have seen it keeps getting better every year.
tee pads will happen, when? not sure.

Don't hate, when you could be helping.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby jritger » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:10 am

all we did was trim down the open nine to five long holes.

Good move! Seriously, the biggest problem with this course was the 9 identical holes....300 ft & straight x 9. I enjoy your wooded holes...

Still not a good candidate for this tournament b/c of location...
jritger

Postby djester » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:09 pm

I figured you'd made the field holes the longer ones.... that's my point....

A few 500 and 600 footers doesn't make a course tougher when they are all wide open, it makes it easier to get birdies or pars for the longer throwers.... I don't even play the field holes since the action is in the woods. It's a good course, and can be tough at times.... yet also some holes need re-working to be valid.... the pads aren't bad....just dirt.

I'd like to get out and play the course nearby, but it's private right?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Mr-Disc » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:16 pm

A lot has changed at the Hurricane in the last 6 weeks, a bunch of big pine trees have been taken out,with a lot of other trees.

I was lucky enough today to have two inmate crews helping me out, we got a lot done on holes 12,13,14 and 15. and much work is still needed.

plans for the spring season call for a local scout troop to plant trees out in the open, this will help in defining the shot out in the open.

keep in mind that the Hurricane was not designed for the touring pro, it was designed to help develop new talent in an area were no one knows about the game.
the open is perfect for new players, and all the open holes are not alike,rolling terrain with lots of elevation changes, uphill, down hill, big hyzers. and when the fairways are cut out and the grass is tall off of the fairways it can be quit challenging.

The woods were designed to be a level playing ground for all ages, a real
shooters course, were accuracy is rewarded over distance. young guns do not have an advantage at the hurricane. It's easy to shoot -6 down 1 round and turn around at throw +8.

With all that being said, the Hurricane is shaping up to be 1 great course.
and worth the visit.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby TRUTH » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:04 pm

Richardhead It is crystal clear that for five hundred dollars, you can say what you want on this site, what a sad state the ADGO is in.

You are nothing more than a disrespectful punk, I do not blame you!
I blame you parents.

Save your breath gay phillips...You'll need it to B. L .O .W up your date.
From parts unknown
Pdga#632
TRUTH
Barney

Postby mrpbody33 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:21 pm

TRUTH = Mr-Disc
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby keith johnson » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:01 pm

TRUTH wrote:Richardhead It is crystal clear that for five hundred dollars, you can say what you want on this site, what a sad state the ADGO is in.

You are nothing more than a disrespectful punk, I do not blame you!
I blame you parents.

Save your breath happy phillips...You'll need it to B. L .O .W up your date.

#632, If you are really Kirk Hunter, or whether you are not him and just using his PDGA # in your signature, you really have NO leg to stand on.

You're making slanderous assumptions based on what?
And the ADGO has what to do with Jay's families sponsorship of my events?

My position on censorship on this board has been VERY CLEAR since the beginning, long before I ever met Jay Phillips, Chuck Smith, or Jeff Gomez.(who happen to be the 3 people that most often cross the lines on the message board)
I have always fought to keep stuff that wasn't really out of control, left alone.
The posts made in the non GSSS posts from the GSSS thread is an example of just moving stuff out of a place it DOES NOT belong, but NOT DELETING it. I could have easily deleted them, but I don't or ever had anything to hide from, I have never not answered anyones questions honnestly and openly about ANYTHING ever asked of me.

I have always just asked all 3 of them to keep any conversations that get out of control out of the PUBLICALLY viewed threads, and basically to not goad each other into saying things just to say them.

If you wish to not hide behind a "name" and talk to me about this personally by PM or phone, I will be happy to hear what you have to say.
My # is on the GSSS thread, or on the PDGA tournament listings, or under the Georgia state coordinator link.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Sweeney » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:29 pm

Redan Randy and his 15 year old girlfriend.

Awesome. Does she have any friends?
Sweeney
DX Plastic

Postby Vern » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:07 pm

Kirk Hunter #632
Sewanee, TN, USA
Kirk Hunter's PDGA membership is not current.

Perhaps he could join the ADGO and get the club discount on his membership. Evidently his PDGA membership is in a "sad state", or perhaps he has moved on to bigger and better things like the P.D.G.L.
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby jritger » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:16 am

TRUTH = Mr-Disc
Second that, by looking at the IP's
jritger

Postby richardhead » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:27 am

I didn't sponsor the ADGO Chuck. I've learned to say what I want and if it gets censored then so be it. I'm not going to hide behind any words. So why don't you step up and tell us all what this is really about. I sponsored the GSSS. I only did that because I trust and respect Keith. I sponsor every tournament that is being ran by people that I trust. Please accept the fact that there's only one part of Jay Phillips that can grace your mouth. Hint: It's not my name. Thanks Chuck, bye bye buddy.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:35 am

Sweeney wrote:
Redan Randy and his 15 year old girlfriend.

Awesome. Does she have any friends?
On our first date, she new ALL the girls at Chuck E Cheese. As for her being 15, it is rude to give the age of a lady. I will tell you this much, if it wasn't for those fabulous "C" cups and that tattoo on her lower back, she doesn't look a day over 13 when she gets out of the shower! :shock: That's better then the 62 year old man that RichardHEAD sees. 8)
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:43 am

Hey, when he takes those teeth out it's on. Almost like the one's Randy gets. They haven't grown teeth yet though.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:55 am

They grow fabulous "C" cups before they grow teeth? That's my kind of creation!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:24 am

Don't they get their teeth knocked out at the age of 11?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Sweeney » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:45 am

So Randy do you think you can set up a double date? I don't know maybe a night at Mountasia. If this works out, you might the best resource to pick up chicks since candy was invented.
Sweeney
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:01 pm

you can always use the oldest trick in the book *hannah montana* tickets.... what was this thread about??
oh-yeah... Dan's the man with the plans.... and the plans are JP Mosely DGP and ........ DGP for the fire bowl. I can help, but am no type of qualified TD/co-TD status..... think of me as *the man behind the scenes* 8)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Vern » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:16 pm

Hannah is the best of both worlds
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:11 pm

richardhead wrote:Kat's daddy!!!
Redan Randy's daddy!!!
I guess that makes Kat MY seeeeester!!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Check. Don't think you can have that without paying first. Good old fashioned flop noppers are hard to come by. They aren't sweet and perky like the one's you pick up at Chuck E Cheese.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby kat.disc.golf.her » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:21 pm

No more money for you!!!
MEOW!!
kat.disc.golf.her
DX Plastic

Postby dandaman » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:30 pm

Well, still no takers for a second TD.

I'm not quite sure this idea is sinking in....

HOTLANTA WILL NOT HAPPEN IF SOMEONE DOES NOT STEP UP!!!!

This would be a first in I don't know how many years.

The scope of a two course tourney (no matter where it is held) cannot happen w/o another TD coming to the forefront.

I've voluenteered my time to become the the TD for this event. But I will tell you if no one steps up by the end of this month, my name will be out of the hat. Sorry, I just won't be able to do it. Hotlanta has always been a great tournament, and w/o proper planning it would cease to be so. I really, really would like to see this event go on, and I would really want it to be an outstanding event...and gaging by the number of responses so do you.

I still will plan an event to be held at Moseley this year, no matter if Hotlanta happens or not. I don't want anyone to think that I don't want to be the TD for Hotlanta, but if no one is willing to share this load, I will plan for a different event.

Looking for: At least one (1) certified PDGA tounament director. Must possess the skills to put on a really kick-butt tournament, be flexible, be able to help secure sponserships, and be self-motivated. Would love for them to be a pro so we could both have the oppurtunity to play, but I would be willing to play pro so that they could have the same experience.

And know for my final thought:

Be good to yourself, and others.

(Thanks Springer)
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:54 am

[quote="dandaman"]Well, still no takers for a second TD.

I'm not quite sure this idea is sinking in....

HOTLANTA WILL NOT HAPPEN IF SOMEONE DOES NOT STEP UP!!!!

The scope of a two course tourney (no matter where it is held) cannot happen w/o another TD coming to the forefront.

Looking for: At least one (1) certified PDGA tounament director. Must possess the skills to put on a really kick-butt tournament, be flexible, be able to help secure sponserships, and be self-motivated. Would love for them to be a pro so we could both have the oppurtunity to play, but I would be willing to play pro so that they could have the same experience.

I'd be willing to help... but i dont meet many of the requirements like : self motivated, flexible, possess skills, certified, etc

requirements i have: can show up, i play in the pro division although my rating is not pro level, can secure some sponserships, make a great bean pie...just kidding about the last one...
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Sponge » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:12 pm

You retards just confirmed fully!!!!! every reason I have left this board, The ADGO, and competitive Disc Golf. Hot Lanta can be nowhere but Redan and Lenora, otherwise call it something else, and you wont be restricted to Atlanta proper. IDIOTS all of you. Whats up Randy :lol:
Funny thing about weekends when you've stopped playing Disc Golf....YOU HAVE TO hang out with your workin friends!!!!!
Sponge
Barney

Postby Sponge » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:14 pm

Amazing the word i.d.i.o.t.s is now censorable. You people are INSANE!!!!!!
Funny thing about weekends when you've stopped playing Disc Golf....YOU HAVE TO hang out with your workin friends!!!!!
Sponge
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:39 am

Sponge wrote:. Hot Lanta can be nowhere but Redan and Lenora, Whats up Randy :lol:

YEA!
Sponge comes out of retirement to run Hotlanta at Redan and Lenora with Redan Randy.

I knew someone would step up to run the event there, since everyone wanted to do it so bad since last November when the PDGA was asking if it was gonna be an A-Tier as someone projected it would be after '07's event.

Are you two certified officials yet? You both could take the test for FREE thru the ADGO club affliate program.
Then just check the calendar for dates, send in your sanctioning fees, and you're ready to go!

Good luck with the event and let me know how I can help out with any information you might need.

Keith
keith johnson

Crazy...........................

Postby Sponge » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:07 am

Dude that is how rumors get started. I would sooner volunteer to burn my entire body with cigars than TD a Tourny in this town!
Sponge
Barney

Postby Wookie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:40 am

way to keep up the positive attitude there Sponge. 8)

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Re: Crazy...........................

Postby keith johnson » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:24 am

Sponge wrote:Dude that is how rumors get started. I would sooner volunteer to burn my entire body with cigars than TD a Tourny in this town!

It's not bad TD'ing in this town, you just have to stick to what you say you're gonna do and it all works out!

So what days are you and Redan randy thinking of?

Lets get this rolling before it too late.
keith johnson

Postby SlingShot » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:41 am

I would like to express my thanks to anyone who has/will sacrifice(d) their time to TD any tourney. It is a lot LOT of work for no returns. No $$$, no thanks, nothing. Very few people, if anyone, stays after to help clean up the parks, or to help in any form as far as I can see.

So maybe it is time to offer thanks to these fine folks who are willing to step up so the rest of us can play golf. STOP WHINING about the past, LET IT GO, and take some kind of foward thinking action before we run our sport into the ground and there are no more tournaments in ATL. I don't care what you call it or where it is, set it up and I will be there. Thanks again to Daniel, Ritger, KJ, Rand, and anyone else who has a hand in making this DG season possible.

Andrew Jenkins
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:50 am

This coming from someone that can count his tournament experience on one hand. The fact is, we are appreciative to the people that run tournaments honestly and fairly. I think it's a good thing to weed out the people that are trying/have succeeded to make money from being a TD. There's always a right and wrong way to do things. I think TD's should be compensated for there efforts. I also think it needs to be done in the wide open for everyone to see. Nobody likes a pincher. Ask all the jaffers that are reading this right now.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:32 pm

compensation is one thing..... starting a salary off of TD'ing is another..... that's the reason for this downhill thread
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby keith johnson » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:47 pm

djester wrote:compensation is one thing..... starting a salary off of TD'ing is another..... that's the reason for this downhill thread

Now who would you be speaking of Josh?

I don't think Sponge and Redan Randy are making a salary yet, they gotta run an event first.

Every Redan Td knows that. :wink:
keith johnson

Postby grease » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:07 pm

Sponge, you troll, go back under your bridge!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

TD

Postby Carl Wms » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:19 pm

richardhead wrote:This coming from someone that can count his tournament experience on one hand. The fact is, we are appreciative to the people that run tournaments honestly and fairly. I think it's a good thing to weed out the people that are trying/have succeeded to make money from being a TD. There's always a right and wrong way to do things. I think TD's should be compensated for there efforts. I also think it needs to be done in the wide open for everyone to see. Nobody likes a pincher. Ask all the jaffers that are reading this right now.

This post is contradictory. No compensation TD- O.K. compensate TD?
What?
Carl Wms
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:25 pm

Sorry, it's hard to type when your ears are bleeding, your head is pounding, and when you are coughing up some stuff that needs to be evaluated by DEA. My point was this, if you want to make money being a TD then fine. You deserve that much. Do it right though. Tell people that is your plan from the jump. Don't line your pockets with sponsorship money and entry fees under the table.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:28 pm

keith johnson wrote:
djester wrote:compensation is one thing..... starting a salary off of TD'ing is another..... that's the reason for this downhill thread

Now who would you be speaking of Josh?

I don't think Sponge and Redan Randy are making a salary yet, they gotta run an event first.

Every Redan Td knows that. :wink:

*the names of the guilty shall not be spoken for we all know who it is.... and if we don't know who it is, we shouldn't have a say in the matter.

I have been caught by this TD'ing grand pyramid scheme back in 2002/ and 2003...which in turn I decided to not participate in any golf event around redan for 3 years... then I came back when I heard that different people were td'ing..... only to realize that the same culprits were still behind the scenes. What goes around, comes around and it seems that Redan is feeling the hurt from all of this. I really don't want to see Redan turn into Wills park..... but then again.... why fuss if I'm not going to do anything about it? Maybe I can help daniel in TD'ing the hotlanta..... it would mean that I couldn't play (which really couldn't hurt).... I'll talk to him about that. :idea:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

TD

Postby Mike D » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:36 pm

Actually, On the finance report you turn into the PDGA there is a spot for the TD Fee.

I along with most of the TD's I know donate this fee back into the payout.

However, you can claim a fee for being TD and include into your finances.

I always feel that it is my priviledge to TD an event and would never take any money to run an event.

Later,

Mike D
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:37 pm

Either way, let's move forward. Jeff Bonney agreed to TD along with Daniel for this year's Hotlanta. Thank you Jeff! Now the question remains, where will it be held? Have you decided yet Daniel?
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby richardhead » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:38 pm

Mike D=Class Act. We appreciate you sir. Now run along and print up that Ridge Ferry Flyer, some of us are growing impatient.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Sweeney » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:40 pm

I really don't want to see Redan turn into Wills park

You don't want to see Redan turn into a place where you can leave you car in the parking lot and not have to worry about it? Its just as hard to play Redan (with the Barneys) as it is Wills (with the walkers) on a nice weekend. At least the walkers sometimes are nice to look at.
Sweeney
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:02 pm

ok.... wanna happy meal? girl or boys toy??

I've been going to Redan since '94 and have never been vandalized at any time..... I have seen glass on the pavement from time to time....but I don't feel any more nervous about leaving my car in the lot as to when I am at any other parks
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby richardhead » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:04 pm

Sweeney, you drive a late 90's model Malibu. Wake up and realize that people only pick on you because you are G A Y. Bye bye Sweetie!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Sweeney » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:34 pm

Its actually an '03. And Jay you can make fun of me all you want, but don't bring the BU into this. She has brought many of golfers to many of tournaments and deserves better treatment than being called a late 90s model.
Last edited by Sweeney on Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweeney
DX Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:53 pm

I want to run events someday. This point in my life i can't devote the time needed to run it properly. I can help and learn though, and have in the past. In case you didn't notice, i was the one running all over Redan changing baskets so you nerd sacks can play a tourney that featured 60 something different pin positions. Oh, you didn't notice? Shame on YOU then! :evil: What up Sponge!! Miss you man! Sponge, another fine example of a Redan gentleman!! Haha!! :D But enough about me, way to go Daniel and Jeff!! WOO HOO!!!! Let me know how i can help you guys!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Clunck » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:47 pm

I think Jeff was still drunk from the night before when he said he would Co-TD and probably doesn't remember it.
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby Big Red » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:11 pm

It would upset me a bit if the Hotlanta isn't at Lenore and Redan. The Hotlanta was one of the first tournaments I ever played and I really think the two courses complement each other quite nicely. Having said that I don't intend to assist with the tournament so I can't really complain too heavily. I also agree that the name should be changed if the tournament is moving away from Redan and Lenora.
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Clunck » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:06 pm

i feel that the TD's can put it wherever they want it and call it whatever they feel like.

oh yeah, Lenora sux!
Last edited by Clunck on Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:08 pm

CHECK.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:34 pm

Well, you two sux, and we still use you! To the KFC ball room for you two! there is a laptop meal for you both to share. And that's right, applesauce for dessert, one spoon! Richard, don't get your HEAD stuck in the tubes again! 8)
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:00 pm

Been sick lately. Still working on my TD test, (arrived a couple of days ago), securing a definitive date, and getting a firm confirmation for a co-td. Yes, you read that correctly...we all have busy lives so please no throwing anyone under the bus.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:17 pm

ITS OFFICIAL!!!

Josh Henley is your Co-TD for Hotlanta this year. I, Daniel May will play his counterpart.

Tenative Dates: August 16-17.

Two Courses: Redan, JP Moseley.

Details to follow soon.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Clunck » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:35 pm

The Joker a TD? Woo Hoo! Way to go Daniel, and thanks Josh.
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:22 pm

You guys are awesome!! Thanks! :D
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

My Vote

Postby Carl Wms » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:09 pm

Ams Sat. @ JP then Sun. @ Redan?

Thanks Daniel and Josh!
Carl Wms
Champion Plastic

Re: My Vote

Postby Clunck » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:48 pm

Carl Wms wrote:Ams Sat. @ JP then Sun. @ Redan?

If that's the case I will play pro. I'd love to finish at Moseley.

Remember it's the volunteer TD's that make stuff happen. We should pay them.
Last edited by Clunck on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:04 pm

Nice stepping up, Josh! You guys need to hurry, there's lots of planning to do and little time left.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby djester » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:54 am

thanks.... we both will not be playing in the action so we can provide out full attention to the tournament. Any tips from experienced TD's will be welcome.
Locations of the courses have not been determined yet till we find out the deal with Redan and the Senior housing center or whatever it is called.

JP is set, the second course will be announced soon..... :roll:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby jritger » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:01 pm

Thanks for TDing this guys. Let me know if i can help out in any way...
jritger

b

Postby $Dollar$ » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:21 pm

wow
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Hellz Yeah

Postby milenko » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:50 pm

Right on I just signed up for my membership to the PDGA yesterday,so hopefully I get my number and all that jazz by then.If so Im in.Been playing a lil under a year now so this should be interesting!
Black 13 STILL SUX!!!!!!!!!!!
milenko
Pro Plastic

Postby Vern » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:19 pm

Is milenko the new TD?
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby milenko » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:24 pm

Na man Im just an Am bro.Or Barney as you would say.And were not all slow.
milenko
Pro Plastic

Postby Vern » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:26 pm

Aw man c'mon - you have been a member a whole day - you are ready!! :)
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby milenko » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:29 pm

right on man Ive been playin almost a yr and some of the guys I played with say I get really good distance for someone who's been playing as long as I have.So I think Im ready.
milenko
Pro Plastic

Dates?

Postby Randgolf » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:57 am

Aug 16-17th are these date official yet?
Randgolf

Postby JPZ » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:02 am

WE WILL BE PLAYING JP FROM THE BLACKS RIGHT :twisted:

OH YEAH AND WHATS THIS GONNA COST ME????
JPZ
Champion Plastic

Re: Dates?

Postby dandaman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:06 pm

Randgolf wrote:Aug 16-17th are these date official yet?

Nearly official. Was going to be complete today, but some of my paperwork got jumbled through the internet on way to where it needed to be. But soon. Very soon.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:08 pm

JPZ wrote:WE WILL BE PLAYING JP FROM THE BLACKS RIGHT :twisted:

OH YEAH AND WHATS THIS GONNA COST ME????

JP will be using their permenant teepads for the Pro's and ADV. Sorry, no plans to make 7 black a permenat feature on the course...flow issues. 13 black is a possibility, but for pro's only.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby JPZ » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:54 pm

dandaman wrote: permenant teepads

THERES THAT COMBINATION OF WORDS I LOVE TO HEAR :D
JPZ
Champion Plastic

what

Postby Roscoe » Sun May 11, 2008 9:57 am

some one said that mccurry and mosley are 45 minutes away..... try 25 minutes away. also redan is 25 minutes away from mosley.. I live between mosley and mccurry. My mother lives between redan and mosley. I know every back road to each. Redan and mosley is good though. Can't wait to play.
Roscoe
DX Plastic

Be there fo sho

Postby milenko » Sun May 11, 2008 2:28 pm

Ha Ha Ha poor pros,good luck on 17 black......Thanx to JPZ,and Daniel.Dan when can we sign up?And the cost for Locals is cheaper right?LOL
milenko
Pro Plastic

Postby Bornabuckeye » Thu May 22, 2008 3:51 pm

Do we have to be pdga cert? or is adgo enough? if not can i sign up same day?
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby dandaman » Sun May 25, 2008 5:25 pm

Hotlanta is alive and well !

Courses have been approved, discs and shirts have been ordered, sanctioning has gone through. Several registrations have been reported... Sorry it has been a while on an update...but I'm afraid Hotlanta is still not completely ready for a huge unvailing yet. The main difficulty is the Hotlanta website, but it will be ready soon! (This week) I can't wait! Discgolf Hotlanta style! In other words "Ba-Kaw-Wah"!
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby JPZ » Mon May 26, 2008 9:47 pm

Where can we register :?: ..........Do I need to wait 'till nexy weeks BIG unveiling :?: .............. :D

and

I'm like a kid at CHRISTMAS.....................i can't wait :D
JPZ
Champion Plastic

Postby Jay » Tue May 27, 2008 1:11 pm

JPZ wrote:Where can we register

http://www.discgolfhotlanta.com
Last edited by Jay on Tue May 27, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Postby JPZ » Tue May 27, 2008 1:31 pm

THANK YOU
JPZ
Champion Plastic

Postby dandaman » Tue May 27, 2008 2:44 pm

dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Tue May 27, 2008 2:47 pm

The website is still not complete, and will be updated regulary. Sponsership package info to be released later this week. Peace.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Tue May 27, 2008 3:12 pm

now... if the PDGA will send me my *you're now a TD* stuff we'll be ready to go (2 weeks and counting)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

PHLUNK

Postby Laserman » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:18 pm

Perhaps you Phlunked the test Josh!
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS NO MATCH FOR NATURAL STUPIDITY
Laserman
Champion Plastic

Re: Hotlanta Thread

Postby dandaman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 am

aw,memories...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Re:

Postby Jay » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:43 pm

djester wrote:now... if the PDGA will send me my *you're now a TD* stuff we'll be ready to go (2 weeks and counting)

It's pass or fail Josh, not "Your now a TD" :)
Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:49 pm

I will only answer to: "The TD with no VD's"

:mrgreen:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Re: Re:

Postby djester » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:53 pm

Jay wrote:
djester wrote:now... if the PDGA will send me my *you're now a TD* stuff we'll be ready to go (2 weeks and counting)

So... if I pass, I'm not a TD? I'm just passed?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Re: Re:

Postby Jay » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:47 pm

djester wrote:
Jay wrote:

So... if I pass, I'm not a TD? I'm just passed?

If you pass.........that makes you an Official.

One of the prerequisites to being a TD, is to pass your officials test. WTG Josh!
Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:58 pm

so... i'm an official? One more step before I'm a TD ? or am I an Official TD ? :lol:

where's the crazy eye's smilie ?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Jay.... please note: i am bored at work and just messing with you! 8)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Jay » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:03 pm

djester wrote:Jay.... please note: i am bored at work and just messing with you! 8)

Really? Woops, I just changed your password.........just messing with ya!
Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:08 pm

Now if we can start a post about the differences b/t JPM and Lenora in respects to their uses as courses in Hotlanta and their validity in respect to RH's opinion flavor of the day, we can finally get this thread started again....
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:11 pm

i think that's uncharted territory there Daniel.... careful
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby dandaman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:28 pm

Well you cant blame for stirring the pot...
dandaman
Star Plastic

pot
dandaman
Star Plastic

dandaman wrote:cooking utensil
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:29 pm

Lenora has more hot co-eds jogging through the park, and more kids to throw discs at. Moseley had 1 hot co-ed that jogged by on Sunday and no kids to throw discs at. I missed not being able to throw a disc at a kid the whole day on a Sunday. I felt like something was lacking.

Next time please invite some group to host a kids b-day party or something so there is something to aim at. That would add more validity to the course.

I thought the course looked great you Mosely folks did a ton of work to get things ready. Thanks!!!!
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:30 pm

dandaman wrote:
dandaman wrote:cooking utensil

Dang you moderators I don't want to stir the cooking utensil i want to stir the pot. No? How about stirring the bowl of pot?

Finally a way to keep this thread going
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:35 pm

shit pot
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:36 pm

dick weed <~~~~~ looks like one slipped under the radar :mrgreen:

shitpot = shit pot

this is fun stuff!!!!!!!!!!!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:38 pm

asshole
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby dandaman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:48 pm

butthole watergamers.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:49 pm

Ewww. That didn't come out right. :shock: :shock: :shock:
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Carl Wms » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:29 pm

dandaman wrote:Now if we can start a post about the differences b/t JPM and Lenora in respects to their uses as courses in Hotlanta and their validity in respect to RH's opinion flavor of the day, we can finally get this thread started again....

So when does Hotlanta II the Revenge of Lenora begin?
Carl Wms
Champion Plastic

Postby Vicki » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:34 pm

Lenora DOES have all those new baskets....and will be getting alternate tee pads next year....hmmmmmm
Vicki
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:44 am

Carl Wms wrote:
dandaman wrote:Now if we can start a post about the differences b/t JPM and Lenora in respects to their uses as courses in Hotlanta and their validity in respect to RH's opinion flavor of the day, we can finally get this thread started again....

So when does Hotlanta II the Revenge of Lenora begin?

Sounds like a new thread..... and a new tournament

(Revenge Of Lenora "B" Tier 2009)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby dandaman » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:06 am

Travelmom8 wrote:Lenora DOES have all those new baskets....and will be getting alternate tee pads next year....hmmmmmm

Sounds like we have next years voluenteer TD's: Ed and Viki. :lol:

You realize this is how rumors get started. But BTW Hotlanta will not become the 13th unless someone else voluenteers to take it over. And no, I am not planning on doing it again.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Vicki » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:42 am

Just a rumor Dan, I can assure you. Ed and I love the sport, and support it all we can, but TD'ing is not in our future.
Vicki
DX Plastic

Postby radcock » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:17 pm

Thanks for a great tourney. Second most fun this season (Boomsday Blast being number one).

Problem... The round ratings will no longer come up on the PDGA site. Can someone tell me why? I realize this may be a PDGA website issue. But just in case, I'll ask here.
radcock
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:12 am

radcock wrote:Thanks for a great tourney. Second most fun this season (Boomsday Blast being number one).

Problem... The round ratings will no longer come up on the PDGA site. Can someone tell me why? I realize this may be a PDGA website issue. But just in case, I'll ask here.

They disaappear for every event when the reports are processed before the ratings updates.
The stats will show again after the next ratings update in a few days.
keith johnson

Postby radcock » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:59 am

Thanks
radcock
Barney

Postby dandaman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:27 am

The Hotlanta Checking Account will close at the end of this month. If you have not cashed in you winnings I highly suggest you do so...because the account will be closed forever!
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:08 pm

Added to the tournament thread, please let me know when sanctioning is approved.

2009 Hotlanta posts split off into Hotlanta 2009 thread.
keith johnson

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments