Junior Triple Crown Swag Collection

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Junior Triple Crown Swag Collection

Postby richardhead » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:09 pm

As most of you know Rand has been running a series of Juniors tournaments. We have played 2 of the tournaments so far. I noticed at the first two that most of the kids were playing with there player pack disc. That's fine, but I think they need more plastic. These kids are new to the game and most of them have fallen in love with disc golf just like the rest of us.

That being said, I asked Rand if he would mind me getting some things together for CTP's and for handouts. We are approaching the last of this 3 tournament series. I'd love to send these kids off with all the things they need to start playing disc golf away from this series of tournaments.

I'm calling on you to help me gather some products for this cause. I need discs, minis, bags, towels, etc... Anything that you are willing to give that is disc golf related. The last tournament is in October. I'll be at Georgia States, Lake Russell, and the Augusta Classic tournaments. I'll ask all of the TD's if they mind me putting a box out at tourney central. Everything I collect will go back to these kids. Please help me in giving them a great disc golf experience.

BTW, if you have kids or have friends with kids then bring them out. This tournament is very laid back and really fun. The kids are having a blast learning this great game. Even if the kids haven't thrown a frisbee before they will have a place in the Junior Triple Crown. I want to see the last event full of kids.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Re: Junior Triple Crown

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:19 pm

Everyone - get your kids and their friends out there. I know lots of you that have kids that only play a couple of times per year. This is the perfect event to bring them out to. It is at Lenora, it's wide open, and there will be appropriate tee pads for all ages (ages 5-19). These events are not competitive. There are lots of kids that are 1st-time players that play in the tournaments. It is only one round - they will have a lot of fun.

AMs - for the next few tournaments, if you cannot find anything that you really need or want. Pick up an understable or 150 class disc to throw Jay's way. The kids will really appreciate it.

Cool of you to gather stuff Jay... hope Jade is training hard...Anna Grace is gonna kick her butt in October!!!! Got the protein shakes and the Chuck Norris training program in full swing for my 6-year old!!!
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Jay » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:34 pm

I have some items I can donate! I will place the stuff in my car and pass it on at one of the tourneys!

PROs - for the next few tournaments, if you cannot find anything that you really need or want. Pick up an understable or 150 class disc to throw Jay's way. The kids will really appreciate it.
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:02 pm

I will be able to donate a few children and discs. I had the children working in my basement sweat shop but they prefer to play DG instead. Go figure. Gotta keep the production up so you can have them. Mr. Head, let me know when you are arround and I will donate some plastic as well.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:00 am

I appreciate all of you who decide to contribute to this great cause. I'd also like to point out that we could use even slightly worn discs. If you have some plastic that just doesn't fit in your bag anymore, but still has some life in it we could use it. So that brings us to any new/slightly used discs, minis, bags, towels, rule books, stickers, clothing, hats, etc......
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:41 am

I'll bring a few of the extra 150 class things (don't have alot of extra in those weights since Lorelei throws them), but I can bring some towels, hats, mini's, etc.

Would it be easier if I just brought them to Lenora since Lorelei is playing there anyways?

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby richardhead » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:23 am

Either way. I'd like to have everything seperated and bagged up prior to Lenora. If you can bring it to GA States or Lake Russell that would help. I appreciate you offering up some swag for these kids.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:30 am

I'll just bring it to States then with your stuff then.

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby D-Wiz » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:52 am

I've got a couple of new 150 class discs I will bring to GA States.
promoting D-GOLF since 2007
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:41 pm

Thanks a lot guys, keep the swag coming.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Randgolf » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:19 pm

Great idea Jay. Thanks for supporting the kids.
Randgolf

Postby richardhead » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:49 pm

I'll be at GA States this weekend. Please bring any items that you think need a new home. I know these kids will appreciate your gifts. Thanks ATL for the support and I hope to get a box load of swag from you guys.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:34 pm

I've got a bunch of discs with Dollar signs on them that I have found throughout the years - I'll donate those.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:18 pm

Update: I've managed to collect a ton of stuff for the Junior event. I'll be collecting items all the way up to the event. Not sure where I'll be next, but if you come up with some stuff PM me and I will find a way to get. Thank you so much to all of the people that have contributed so far.

Also, if you have kids bring them to play they will love it. These tournaments are very low key and super fun. Thanks.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments