May Day Madness on May 3rd. At the "HERM" in Athen

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

May Day Madness on May 3rd. At the "HERM" in Athen

Postby tdg » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:21 pm

OK Wolf Pack, here is your official invite to the May Day Madness. This is the first tournament hosted at the "HERM" DG course located at Herman C. Michael Park in Watkinsville, GA just down the road from the Crucible's course in Athens.

The HERM has short fairways and mostly wooded holes for your technical game.
* Lunch provided by Papa Johns Pizza
2 rounds for Pros, AMS and U19 Juniors.
1 round for the younger Junior divisions and a skills contest after lunch.

For more info see http://www.toccoadiscgolf.com/MaydayMadness2008.pdfor go to www.ocprd.com for mapping directions and for DG details go to "special events" or "park info" . Online Registration available under "registration"

Jared (HT) Hightower
tdg
DX Plastic

Postby tdg » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:35 pm

Jared Hightower, who used to be with the Stephens County parks and recreation is now with Oconee county. He is trying to get disc golf on the board there in Watkinsville. There is the possibility of another course going in at a later date, so he needs the disc golf community's support at this event to show the staff it's potential. Lunch will be provided with pizza and chicken. If you haven't played at the Herm, it is a woodsy technical course. It is not a long course,but it is challengeing and fun. I posted a copy of his post from the Toccoa website. Hope to see you all soon - John
tdg
DX Plastic

Postby Vern » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:52 pm

Course Info:

http://www.ocprd.com/disc-golf-course.aspx

Score Card:

http://www.ocprd.com/DG-score-card.pdf

Jon - will this be sanctioned?
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby tdg » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:50 am

This event is not PDGA sanctioned.
tdg
DX Plastic

Postby exulegba » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:04 pm

For all you players in the area who want another top-notch course installed near Athens:

This may day tournament will be used as a gauge for the popularity of disc golf in the area. If the park people see enough souls flicking putters and rocs around the tricky Herm, then they will give the go ahead to maybe build a monster course on the sweet tract of land across the highway from the park. So, if you have no plans and want to support the growth of our sport, please make it to watkinsville for a fun, cheap, and stress-free tourney.
exulegba
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:08 pm

exulegba wrote:For all you players in the area who want another top-notch course installed near Athens:

This may day tournament will be used as a gauge for the popularity of disc golf in the area. If the park people see enough souls flicking putters and rocs around the tricky Herm, then they will give the go ahead to maybe build a monster course on the sweet tract of land across the highway from the park. So, if you have no plans and want to support the growth of our sport, please make it to watkinsville for a fun, cheap, and stress-free tourney.

It's unfortunate that it is up against THREE C-Tier events around the state in Augusta, Macon and Lenora, as there would probably be a much better turnout.

Good luck to you.

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby exulegba » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:37 pm

bump-diddly
exulegba
Barney

Postby exulegba » Thu May 01, 2008 11:26 am

Still bumpin' it :shock:
exulegba
Barney

Postby richardhead » Thu May 01, 2008 12:05 pm

Is it OK to sign up day of? My daughter wants to play.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby exulegba » Thu May 01, 2008 1:36 pm

If you're serious, of course---the more the merrier. It's sort of a putt-putt course, too. Should be fun.
exulegba
Barney

Postby richardhead » Thu May 01, 2008 1:41 pm

Of course I'm serious. I'm always serious. :roll:
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby tdg » Thu May 01, 2008 3:16 pm

Day of Registration will go 8:30a to 9:30a, unless field is full prior.
$15 Juniors & Am's $20 PRO Lunch provided.
tdg
DX Plastic

Postby Mr-Disc » Thu May 01, 2008 6:01 pm

Playing The herm is all about the joy of disc golf,the park is full of new and Younger players. I knew this area would be huge for disc golf. after all, I introduce the game to the people in Watkinsville , at 3 prior events at the park.starting back in 04. pat pat pat :)

The great news is, the park is going to put in a championship course across the street.
they already know it a no brainier.

for all you players out there that just like having a good time and getting your moneys worth, this will be the place to be.

see ya Saturday.

Chuck Smith.
I use to Give a dam, but now I don't give a sh!t.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Sun May 04, 2008 4:15 pm

Great fun had by all at The Herm. Big thanks to everyone that worked so hard to put this thing on. I tried my hand in the Open division and couldn't hang with Doug "not a bagger like my brother" Porter. All in all happy with a -17 and only one bogey. Can't wait for the new course, it will be awesome. With the great turnout the county should know that disc golfers are serious.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Stolen Basket!!

Postby Mike D » Mon May 05, 2008 1:38 pm

Keep an eye out for some lowlife with a newly aquired basket.

Taken fron the Athens Disc Golf Site...

Re: May Day Madness May 3rd at the HERM
by HT on Mon May 05, 2008 9:49 am

Thanks for all the golfers who came out to the first ever tournament held at the HERM!

Thanks for the complimentary forum posts that I recently read!

Everyone here at the offcie is happy about the turn out and comments we have receieved so far.

I hope to see the tournament get better each year and to see everyone return!

Thanks to athensdiscgolf.com for promoting the event and to all the Athens disc golf community that turned out to play!

One dissapointing note: I borrowed an INNOVA DIsc Golf Catcher PRO DIsc Target (it is the same style as the course targets but with a portable base) for the May Day Madness U13 and U10 Juniors to use during round two of the event. On Friday night or early Saturday morning it was stolen from the OCPRD shop area behind the Hole # 12 tee box. This target belongs to my very good friend John Nieswonder (1996 National DG Champion) who really assited alot in helping me put on this event. Any help with seeing this returend to him would be greatly appreciated.

Jared (HT) Hightower
- Ahtletic Program Coordinator, OCPRD
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Re: usfine.com aoc gold

Postby richardhead » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:16 am

noba2278 wrote:video AOC Gold gamers have been seeking assistance Age of Conan Gold in playing and conquering the games that they live for. Age of Conan Power Leveling Many of these items have successfully helped gamers achieve victory, but they cannot help with all games.
The easiest way to find is to buy it. Similar to the above mentioned resources, purchasing is a great way for a player to enjoy and Age of Conan PowerLeveling conquer the game.Runescape Gold

Moderators, please block this user from spamming our threads with there non disc golf related horse puckey.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Re: May Day Madness on May 3rd. At the "HERM" in Athen

Postby Jay » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:36 am

In work Jay....the bot was called in just after midnight and it made 10 posts......
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:36 am

How do you play horse puckey? Sounds cool.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:19 am

You're an Ohio State fan, you should know. I can tell you that it involves sweater vests.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:20 am

That's pre season ranked #3 Ohio State to you sir. We should be #1 after we beat USC and the rest of the GA team gets arrested or suspended. :mrgreen:
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments