Jim Warner Fund Coming Down Home Stretch....

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Jim Warner Fund Coming Down Home Stretch....

Postby Gator » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:18 am

Hello ATL!!-

The Jim Warner Fund is now at $2415. We are getting closer to the goal of $5000- which will be matched by Jim's mom- to give us the remaining
10K needed to fulfill the $25,000 donation needed to name the IDGC's East Course after Jim.

Discs have been distributed to most of the TD's that run local afternoon action around Atlanta. These discs will be used as CTP's to raise money for the Jim Warner fund, so please chip in!!

Jordy Boyd has almost completed the Fund Raiser shirt with a design of a Totem Pole of Clowns that Jim designed. They should be available in late May or early June.

Last week, I received an 82$ check from the recent "Super Six" Tournament at Deerlick- the golfers decided to give their ace money to the Jim Warner Fund rather than have a Rainy CTP. Thanks Keith Johnson for collecting and sending in these funds.

Mr Anderson , Luke , and myself are looking for an open date in June or July to run a 1 day Fund Raiser at the new Monticello course. More information will follow when we decide on a date.

It has been two years, since we started the fund and I would like to thank the entire Atlanta Disc Golf Commmunity for your support.
Soon, we will all be playing on the Jim Warner Course in Augusta.

REMEMBER- This coming Saturday- April 26th- there is a work day at the IDGC to work on the new JW Course. I would like to thank everyone that attends this in advance-as i will be in Toccoa for the Pro- AM.

Thanks Again Atlanta Disc Golfers!! :lol:
Greg Guttinger
678-557-1699
Gator
DX Plastic

Another $280 added......

Postby Gator » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:23 am

Thanks to all that contributed to the Jim Warner CTP's this past weekend in Toccoa. We raised another $280.00 for the fund and only had to put up 6 discs!!
John Nisewonder always runs the best tournaments. In fact- over the past 2 years- his tournies have raised about $1,500 for the JW Fund. We are now at $2,800 (about $2,200 from our final goal of 5K). This will be matched by Jims mom, Dorothy wentz, giving us the total amount ($ 25,000) to name the East course at the IDGC after Jim Warner.
Remember - we donated 15K last Spring.....
Take care and continue to support this fund!!
Thanks Again All!
Greg Guttinger
678-557-1699
Gator
DX Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments