Jr Triple Crown 2008 3rd Event: 11 Oct @ Lenora Park

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Jr Triple Crown 2008 3rd Event: 11 Oct @ Lenora Park

Postby Randgolf » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:54 pm

You don't want to miss the first ever Junior
PDGA Disc Golf Series in Atlanta! There will
be three events each with 18 holes of disc golf!
Registration is now… Space is limited to 90
players

May 31 - Seqouyah Park, Canton, Georgia
July 19 - Deerlick Park, Douglasville, Georgia
October 11 - Lenora Park, Snellville, Georgia

Awards Location:
The Church of the Apostles
3585 Northside Parkway NW, Atlanta, GA 30327

Cost: $25
each event

1st place trophy and awards will be given
and each player will get a disc in their players pack
More Info http://www.discgolfatlanta.com
Randgolf

Postby tdg » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:16 pm

Rand, let me know if you need anything for these events. I will have some plastic for you. Bob Johnson has donated his Pro- Am winnings to the event. Be in touch - John
tdg
DX Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:44 pm

Thanks for running this Rand. Those of us with kids that are interested in disc golf really appreciate it. I'll get you some money soon to sign up my daughter for all three events. Let me know if you are going to need any help during the tournaments, I'll be more than happy to lend a hand.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:09 pm

Rand,

Don't forget to send me any and all info you want to put on the front page for these events via email.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby Randgolf » Thu May 15, 2008 5:39 pm

Sign your kids up for this event. The first one is only two weeks out.
Randgolf

Postby richardhead » Thu May 22, 2008 7:06 am

Still looking for some information on time and format. I assume that it's only one round. Are we doing a normal tournament start or will it be later in the day. My daughter is psyched about this one.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby volsfandl » Fri May 23, 2008 9:12 am

My daughter should be able to make the Deer Lick event. Let me know if you need any help getting the course ready, marking special tee pads, etc.
volsfandl
DX Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue May 27, 2008 12:36 pm

Rand-

Do you have any update on what time this thing will start, food, drinks, moon walk, mimes etc. when we will need to be there?

Talk to us man- we have urchins itching to play...
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue May 27, 2008 4:03 pm

Info on Juniors tournament for Saturday 5/31 at Sequoya

Rand asked me to post a little more info regarding the tournament:

Every player gets a tournament disc in their player's pack

Registration ends and Players' meeting begins at 10:30

Lunch is provided free of charge afterwards at awards ceremony

Short tees will be in place for younger age groups

Solstice is doing the payout afterwards and is stocked up on lighter weight kid-friendly plastic

Make sure and sign your kids up for this one
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

triple crown

Postby Randgolf » Wed May 28, 2008 9:13 pm

Thanks for the post Bob. I have been out of town for the last week. The tournament is on, so sign your kids up now or that Sat morning. The cost is $25. Free lunch is included in the entry fee and provided by Shane's BBQ. The awards ceremony will be held at the following location:

The Church of the Apostles
3585 Northside Parkway NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
Randgolf

Postby Jay » Thu May 29, 2008 8:37 am

Rand - is the award ceremony being held after the third event or is this the place where all 3 Jr Tourney awards are being held after each event?
Last edited by Jay on Thu May 29, 2008 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Thu May 29, 2008 9:13 am

One awards ceremony would be great for those of us planning to have there kids in all three events. My personal opinion is, that location will add a lot of drive time for those of us coming from up north. I assume there will be a lot of kids coming from Toccoa and we are coming from Athens. Whatever Rand has planned I will support. How far is that church from Sequoyah?
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Randgolf » Thu May 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Event one we are going to run the awards at the church, so plan on being there afterwards. We may consider having event two's ceremony on site. We have had very few preregistrations, so having the awards in the area where most of the preregistered players are made the most sense. I hope we have a good showing, I guess time will tell. For now please work with me. Solstice will be on sight doing payout at the church.

Thanks,

Rand

Meet at the church at 9 or be at Seqouyah by 10. Tee off 11am.
Randgolf

Postby richardhead » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:22 am

My daughter had an awesome time at the tournament. It was a great kickoff to her birthday weekend. She showed off her 1st Place trophy to everyone. Thank you so much for running this series Rand. Your hard work is appreciated. Thanks to Grease for handling the payout and thanks to Shane's for the awesome grub. Jade can't wait for the next one.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:36 am

Rand - thanks for putting this on. All three of my kids are so pumped about disc golf (even my 6-year old who played). They are already counting down the next one.

To all the disc golfers out there that have kids who play even occassionally - this is a really low-key event. There is no reason not to have them play - especially if they are a future World Champion... Rand placed some temporary pads in especially for younger kids. Sign 'em up for the last two events at Deer Lick and Lenora. They will have a blast...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Bradshaw » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:05 pm

Posting for Jackie Bradshaw.

"Thank you. I enjoyed the Disc Golf Jrs tournament. I had so much fun.

It was fun playing with Anna-Grace and Jade. I'm looking forward to playing in the next tournaments.

Thank you sooooo much."

Thanks Rand .... and all! Jason
Bradshaw

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:23 pm

Funky Bobby J wrote:To all the disc golfers out there that have kids who play even occassionally - this is a really low-key event. There is no reason not to have them play - especially if they are a future World Champion...

Lorelei is playing in the next 2, but 2 things worked against the "S"
First it was less than 48 hours after surgery, so I couldn't walk or caddy for her, and
Second is I'm still trying to catch up at home and work(where I spent (9 & 1/2 hours on Saturday) since I was out of work Thurday and Friday.

I'll see everyone at the next 2!

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby maximus » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:56 pm

My nephew Pierce was very excited to be able to get in on the tournament at the last minute, and is already looking forward to the next two as well.

This tournament series is very beginner friendly and can be a very positive experience for those just getting interested in disc golf.

To Rand and those others that were helping to run everything and to Jay and those who helped get the course ready, AWESOME!
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Postby richardhead » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:31 am

Rand,

Do you have any objection to some of us getting discs and what have you together for CTP's. Not all that important. I just noticed that some of the kids from your church had to play with there players pack disc. I thought it would be a good way to get those kids some extra plastic. Or I could just donate some new/used items to hand out. Can't wait for the next event. Thanks again for putting this together. Your selflessness will carry you a long way to winning the PDGA election.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Vern » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:52 am

I would be more than happy to donate as well. Every child needs an XD to have and to hold.
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:11 am

I plan on bringing my two oldest for the Lenora tourney( Joey 8, Brigid 6)
We, unfortunately, will be out of town for Deerlick. Rand, I have set up a short course at Lenora before for Joey's Cub scout troop so if you want some help I'd be more than willing to offer my services. PM me when you get a chance.
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Junior Triple Crown

Postby Randgolf » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:30 pm

Event Two will be held at Deerlick on July 19th. If you are under the age of 20 sign up. This is a great chance to see your kids compete in a fun one round PDGA C tier event.

I am going out of town until Fri, so I will not be able to repsond to any posts. If you need a response email me randeberhard@gmail.com

See registration info in the top post.

Rand
Randgolf

Postby richardhead » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:45 pm

Does check in end at 10:30 like the last tournament? Am I able to sign my daughter up day of? Any word on CTP's, do you care if some of us provide stuff for that purpose? Any information will be appreciated.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:57 am

richardhead wrote:Does check in end at 10:30 like the last tournament? Am I able to sign my daughter up day of? Any word on CTP's, do you care if some of us provide stuff for that purpose? Any information will be appreciated.

Hey Paul the third, look above or below. :lol:

Randgolf wrote:Event Two will be held at Deerlick on July 19th. If you are under the age of 20 sign up. This is a great chance to see your kids compete in a fun one round PDGA C tier event.

I am going out of town until Fri
, so I will not be able to repsond to any posts. If you need a response email me randeberhard@gmail.com

See registration info in the top post.

Rand
keith johnson

Postby richardhead » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:53 am

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. As you don't know, myself and others have been trying to get answers for weeks now. I'm not slamming Rand, so don't go there. The last event was a little crazy and I need to know if anything has changed. None of my PM's over the last 3 weeks have been answered and my post about CTP's was never replied to, so I was trying one more time instead of assuming. I knew that Rand would eventually see this when he arrived back in town.

Contrary to your belief Keith, not all of us are morons. Usually the moron is the one that assumes everyone else is below him/her. In this case and many others that person is you. BTW I have your Paul the Third swinging!!!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:13 pm

:lol:
keith johnson

Postby grease » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:05 pm

I would imagine that this event will have the same timelines as the last event. Rand has been out of town, but everything is on for tomorrow. One thing though: the park has made a new rule that no more than three cars can park near the pavilion down by the lake. Please park on the road above hole one and around to hole three to keep from getting hassled by the man.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Re: Jr Triple Crown 2008 2nd Event: 19 July @ Deerlick Park

Postby Funky Bobby J » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:04 am

Rand - we all had a good time at Deerlick. Thanks for putting this on. I hope that we have a big turnout for the one in October at Lenora.

To all discgolfers out there with kids who play even rarely or never at all. This a cool event to bring kids out too to introduce them to the game. There are lots of first-time players out there - very low key. Everyone seems to have a good time. Lenora is wide open and a great beginners course - they make special short tees for the younger divisions. Sign them up - they will have a good time!
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Re: Jr Triple Crown 2008 3rd Event: 11 Oct @ Lenora Park

Postby Randgolf » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Get your kids and their friends to sign up for this! Thanks to some of you and Jay Phillips we have a LOT of stuff to give to this kids. Make sure you get them signed up and plan on coming out with them to hang out and be a part of the excitment. These kids have so much fun it really is rewarding to all.
Randgolf

Postby Randgolf » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:25 am

Get signed up for this Sat. We are going to have a great time. Be there at 10 or at least by 10:30. Thanks to Jay and some of you we will have a great player's pack for each player. You could say that it will be better than most tournament players packs that I have seen in any tournament. Most likely each player will get three discs with several other on the table to win. Parents, get your kids (guys and girls) and plan on being at Lenora this Sat. We should be done by 2pm.

Email me with any questions randeberhard@gmail.com
Randgolf

Postby keith johnson » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:35 pm

Thanks to Rand for conceiving and running the Junior events!

Thanks to the generousity of the ATL area golfers, EVERY entrant received a players package of 3 (THREE) discs and a mini, plus a CTP for every division and payouts to EVERY player!

Thanks to CHOP for his design for the 13 and under Juniors using the woods and every tree at Lenora to challenge the youngsters.

Thanks to Jay Phillips for organizing, collecting and processing all the donated merch for the Event.

Thanks to Solstice (Chris and Carrie Pierce) for coming over and doing the payout and check-in.

And last, but not least - THANKS to all the Junior players that played in the events as you all are the future of the sport and hopefully will continue it's growth!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:59 am

I enjoyed the tournament very much and would like thank Mr. Rand for making it possible. The discs I got were great, I really like the Star Shark. I had fun playing with Humza and Pierce. I would really like to play all of next years tounaments. Thanks again for all the fun ! Joey Fornek :D
"Fearlessly the Idiot faced the crowd, Smiling"
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby Imran » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:30 am

Humza thinks Pierce needs to go Pro. :lol: ....just kidding.

Humza had fun too Joey. He also wants to play with you guys again.
We'll see you soon playa!

Imran - Humza's Public Relations Director.
damn..., that is one fine piece of plastic.
Imran

Postby Randgolf » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:26 am

Thanks to Keith and everyone else he listed. Special thanks to Mike D and all the other ATL area golfers who donated to the kids. I wish everyone could have been there to see all of the excitement.
Randgolf

Postby richardhead » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:25 pm

Rand, thank you so much for having the heart and patience for these kids. Those of us that have kids are forever grateful. I know that you touched the life of at least one of those children. My daughter had a blast playing. She asked me when the next tournament was. She didn't like losing for the first time. She'll be out for blood the next go around.

I want to say a special heartfelt thank you to everyone that donated to this tournament. There's no way I could name all the people, you know who you are. I had people from Upstate SC donating tons of plastic and other items for this cause. I even had someone mail me items from Myrtle Beach. These guys as well as the people that donated there tournament winnings really impacted this tournament.

I wish you could've been there to see the absolute joy on these kids faces. We made a lasting impression on them. There's no doubt in my mind that these kids will continue to play the game and will spread the word about the joys of disc golf. Every single kid walked out of there with a 3 disc+mini players pack. We also did drawings for 5 disc golf bags and a metal mini basket. We still had enough stuff to setup some CTP's.

So again thank you Georgia and South Carolina disc golfers for your support of the Juniors that played in this tournament. You may have opened the door for a future World Champion. You should all be very proud of your efforts.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby maximus » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:32 pm

Imran wrote:Humza thinks Pierce needs to go Pro. :lol: ....just kidding.

Imran - Humza's Public Relations Director.

Pierce needs to learn how to not four putt from twenty feet, but then again I did say he learned everything he knows from me and I did the same thing at Hotlanta.

He and his brother Parker were both extremely happy with the players pack and had a lot of fun. I talked to my brother (Mike, Pierce and Parker's dad) today and he said they played again at Sequoyah that afternoon and again on Sunday with their older brother and two of their friends. They are all anxious for more events to include junior divisions and also get together with people on a more regular basis that have juniors interested in disc golf. So if you are in the Wills or Sequoyah area and have juniors 6-10, and interested in trying to meet up for some competition, I will pass your name along to him, he doesn't read this board that often, but is trying to get the boys more involved and improving their game.

Awesome job to all those that helped and donated throughout the series!!!
Chris Quarles 34486

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAR IT MIGHT GO PAST THE BASKET, IF IT GOES IN.
maximus

Postby Randgolf » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:27 pm

Jay,

Stepping up like you did made a major impact on several kids and their parents. Thanks again man.

Rand
Randgolf

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments