The Tags are here and I will be at:

Atlanta Area Bag Tag Challenge Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

The Tags are here and I will be at:

Postby Wookie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:32 pm

The tags came in today. I think I am going to set up a 2 round event for Saturday at Redan. I will be out there around 9 to start selling and we will probably tee off around 10 to 10:30 for the first round. I am going to do 2 rounds to set the first round of tag sales. Now's your chance to come get #1!!! 8)

I am going to modify some of the rules for this year and I will get them posted by the weekend. It's basically going to be the same only I am not going to run monthly's unless there is an open weekend, and I will be running the action at all the tournaments I go to, which I hope is quite a few. I am going to run a match play event during the summer and one at the end of the year for the $$$$.

All the tags have the same silver stamp.

OPEN

AM

Women
Last edited by Wookie on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby riverbear » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:59 pm

they look good.

I was looking at disc golf in Hawaii and I came across their Bag Tag. Specifically their "challenge rules" sounded interesting ($ per number difference) and thought they were worth posting.
http://www.hdga.org/
click on the bag tag challenge section on the left side.
riverbear
Barney

Postby Sweeney » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:16 pm

I have an important question,
I think in your email you said all the tags have the same silver writing, is that correct and what appears as black writing is just glare off the silver? or is the writing black?

This is important to me because I refuse to buy anything that is red and black let alone put it on my bag.
The Oregon message boards suck, so I am not leaving
Sweeney
DX Plastic

Postby Wookie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Trust me Sweeney, I am with you and I will never have anything red and black on or near my person, unless it has a falcons logo and even then I will have to be going to the game. And if you notice in the message above the tags it also says they have the same stamp.

They are Red/Blue/Pink with the same SILVER stamp.

Stack, that looks good, but we have such a wide range in numbers it would cost someone some change to do that. NOW, folks can play for whatever side action they choose. It's all casual so I don't care about that, I am not going to tell someone they have to pay up every time they play.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:05 pm

I hope you make mando challenges at ALL tourneys if two or more players are at that tourney. Regardless if you(Wookie) are at that tourney. Just because there was a couple tourneys last year that i didn't get into the Bag Tag action because i wasn't hangin' around some of those players before the tourney started. This way you can catch up with everyone at any point during the tourney, because you are automaticly in the challenge. Keep the "one-on-ones" for casual play.
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby kat.disc.golf.her » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:38 pm

Count me in on a pink tag. I can't play at Redan this weekend, got Mom/house business to take care of but I will try to meet up with you and get one. Will the women get a free AM men tag so we can compete if there isn't any other woman playing?
MEOW!!
kat.disc.golf.her
DX Plastic

Postby Wookie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:39 pm

I wanted more folks to challenge each other last year during the tournaments or at least guys that were on the same card, but it seems that everyone liked to throw them in together and shake them out at the end of the tournament. I am planning on all of the GSSS tournaments to be "mandatory" throw in events, but after that I am not sure which other ones will be used. I would like to do one at every course we can during the year, only using a course one time.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby kat.disc.golf.her » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:40 pm

Sounds awesome!
MEOW!!
kat.disc.golf.her
DX Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:09 am

I'm in for a tag. I'll be at Earlewood this weekend, so I'll get up with you later.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Vern » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:51 am

How much are the tags and do you take trade-in's from last year?
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby Wookie » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:04 pm

The tags will be $15.00 like last year and no the old ones are yours to keep forever.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:44 pm

Can we make it a felony or some sort of rule to always have your bag tag on/in your bag?

Rule proposal - When formally challenged or at a tournament with a formal bag tag challenge pool, if you do not have your tag, it's 5 dollars to the ADGO if at an event or 5 dollars to the first person that challenges you any other time. If you are going to hide it; it's going to cost you.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Vern » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:48 pm

Thanks Wookie for the info and I will be there ready to pick up the number #1 tag. I will then hand it to the person who won it.

I don't like Funky's idea. Sometimes I switch bags and don't want to pay $5.00 because I wanted my bag to match my shoes.
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby Wookie » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:39 pm

I am not sure about that one. I agree with you that it's lame to not keep it on your bag, but I am not sure of a good way to enforce it other than calling them names of some sort. :lol:

I also think folks last year sort of abused a few of them and I hope these stamps will last a little longer. We shall see. Hopefully folks will use last years as their mini and this years will stay on their bag. They have smaller chains this year so maybe that will help.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:17 am

Funky Bobby J wrote:Can we make it a felony or some sort of rule to always have your bag tag on/in your bag?

Rule proposal - When formally challenged or at a tournament with a formal bag tag challenge pool, if you do not have your tag, it's 5 dollars to the ADGO if at an event or 5 dollars to the first person that challenges you any other time. If you are going to hide it; it's going to cost you.

Dude, are you serious? I'm all for mandatory challenges and keeping your tag at all times, but giving more money to the ADGO, you can count me out. I support that Wookie runs this thing with an affiliation to the ADGO, that's fine. He already gives them money from the Bag Tag action so there's no need for more.

I propose that if you deny a challenge for whatever reason you should be kicked in the huevos on the spot. Or pinched on the flop nopper, whatever applies.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:13 am

Just trying to think of some way to make sure that people don't hide them - I have no doubt that it happened last year...

Vern's reasoning is the most plausible yet - I know that for a fashion-conscious guy like him, making sure that each golf outing is properly accessorized can be a daunting task. He's been asking for ages when Innova or Revolution is going to make faux Leopard-skinned bag - It is way overdue my man...
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

nice

Postby Roscoe » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:19 am

I will be at redan on Sat. for sure. I missed it last year so count me in.
Roscoe
DX Plastic

Postby Vern » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:46 am

Funky Bobby J wrote:Just trying to think of some way to make sure that people don't hide them - I have no doubt that it happened last year...

Vern's reasoning is the most plausible yet - I know that for a fashion-conscious guy like him, making sure that each golf outing is properly accessorized can be a daunting task. He's been asking for ages when Innova or Revolution is going to make faux Leopard-skinned bag - It is way overdue my man...

One can only dream of a bag like that Bobby, one can only dream.

People who dodge challenges suck - plain and simple. Their suckiness and lameness is penalty enough since they will always be known as a dodger or lameass.
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:37 pm

richardhead wrote:He already gives them money from the Bag Tag action so there's no need for more.

You're member #114, right?
Woodrow

Postby djester » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:16 pm

i cannot make it saturday.... i have to go to a wedding for some folks that I don't even know..... shame, shame :oops:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Clunck » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:25 pm

If that chain that came with the tags would have stopped breaking I would not have put the tag in my bag.
That was in, cocker block doesn't count!
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:00 pm

Woodrow wrote:
richardhead wrote:He already gives them money from the Bag Tag action so there's no need for more.

You're member #114, right?

I don't know, am I? Do we really need to go there again. Everybody knows my opinions, so there's no need to spam another thread with my useless banter.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Imran » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:07 pm

Imran loves clunk a nut!

WEAK!!! Get back in the kitchen and make me a samich!
damn..., that is one fine piece of plastic.
Imran

Postby Vern » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:55 am

I think I am going to set up a 2 round event for Saturday at Redan. I will be out there around 9 to start selling and we will probably tee off around 10 to 10:30 for the first round. I am going to do 2 rounds to set the first round of tag sales.

Mr. Wookie,

Can you please confirm this is still on for tomorrow?
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:07 am

If you do it NEXT week, you could run it as 2nd Saturday.
Woodrow

Postby djester » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:10 am

can i come out and buy a tag and leave??? I want tag no. 19.....that's where I left off last year...
I have a freaking wedding to attend (not mine)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

2nd Sat

Postby Carl Wms » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:18 pm

2nd Sat would be cool. I have obligations tomorrow.
Carl Wms
Champion Plastic

Postby hexfet » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Meeks is next Saturday.

Redan tomorrow, I hope...
hexfet
Barney

Postby riverbear » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:02 pm

Looked like there was some confusion so I called Wookie and disturbed him from his afternoon activities. Nothing has changed from the original post.
riverbear
Barney

Postby htorbit » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:53 pm

I plan on being at Redan for the Bag Tag tourny tommorrow and I will have some Star Ontario Roc's for sale as fundrasiers for the Meeks Madness Tournament next week. They are sweet discs!

Hugh
htorbit
DX Plastic

Postby Wookie » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:29 pm

Tomorrow is still on!!!!

I will not be able to make it out to Redan next week because I have to go to Augusta to be in a wedding. I am going to work on a way to get some tags to local course reps to be sold, and I am out at one of the courses just about every weekend so ya'll will be able to find me. Get in now so you can get a low number. :lol:

I am gonna get one of those discs Hugh.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby JimmyJ » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:23 am

I'm from Atlanta, and have decided to make more trips home from Vegas to play golf, because the golf here sucks. I'm coming in the week of 4/28 and plan to play in the C-Tier at Lenora. What could I do to sign up for an AM tag?
JimmyJ
Barney

Postby Wookie » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:44 pm

If you are in Atlanta hit me up and I can meet you somewhere at a course, or you can go to Redan on Sunday and purchase one, or you can send me your address and I can mail you one.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Challenge Sunday

Postby Laserman » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:43 pm

$10 Bag Tag Challenge this Sunday at 10:00 AM at the ADGO Spring Fling at Redan. Bring your tags or $15 to buy one. Free lunch for all current ADGO members.

Bag Tags will be available - see Pnut before 9:45.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS NO MATCH FOR NATURAL STUPIDITY
Laserman
Champion Plastic

Return to Atlanta Bag Tag Challenge