Work day Aug. 7th 9:30 to 12:00

Forsyth County - Cumming, Ga

Moderators: WC, ADGO BOD

Work day Aug. 7th 9:30 to 12:00

Postby Funky Bobby J » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:53 am

We really could use some help. We are cutting in 3 new holes in the woods area b/w 8 and 9. We are losing holes 17 & 18 for sure (interact with the park traffic too much - and not the most exciting holes anyway), but gain several woods holes. We are doing rough cutting and clearing. Need all the usual instruments of destruction. Meet at the practice basket 9:30 sharp.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Re: Work day Aug. 7th 9:30 to 12:00

Postby keith johnson » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:16 pm

I'll be playing at Alexander, but will go early on SUN before dubs to work - PM or Email me a list of what needs to be still done after the workday and I'll do what I can to help.

I'm just glad nothing is changing for good until AFTER the A-Tier - as I don't want all the top pros coming in to play new wooded holes twice in a year - they might NEVER come back. :shock: :mrgreen:

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Funky Bobby J » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:31 pm

I do not know what the timetable is. Hopefully, you are checking with Matt Pate.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Funky Bobby J wrote:I do not know what the timetable is. Hopefully, you are checking with Matt Pate.

According to Dan Kaufmann - who said he is the go between for Matt Pate, NOTHING is happening permanently until AFTER the end of SEPT - he gave me his word - if you know something different, it would be real nice if I knew, since I just spent all of last week at Worlds getting confirmations from everyone about coming down, and was told several times 2 weeks ago before I was leaving for Worlds in an almost hour long phone call with Dan that NOTHING was being done to permanently change the course until AFTER the Event.

Work on the new holes was being done he said, but NOTHING was removing the 18 holes from the GSSS Event from being able to be used.

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Funky Bobby J » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:13 am

Should be cool then - I have been outta the loop a bit. I gotta think that it will take a while to cut these holes in any way. A lot of potential back there, but a lot of work too. I am sure we'll get a big crowd helping to spruce up Central with Bootsie leading the way - he's a big fan of the place :lol:
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Return to Central Park