Volunteer Work Day ?

Walton County - Monroe, GA

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Volunteer Work Day ?

Postby MrFixIt » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:55 am

Just feeling out how anyone else feels @ this. The course needs some TLC, and what with the budgetary woes of Co parks, I thought maybe that we could help out.

Please respond if interested...
MrFixIt
DX Plastic

Re: Volunteer Work Day ?

Postby Bhuff » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:15 am

If i'm free, I'm always down to help out clean up.
Bhuff
DX Plastic

Postby Matthews Mike » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:25 pm

Donl,

I will absolutely help out, next weekend is Hotlanta but after that I am down to give that place a new cleaner look.
Matthews Mike
Barney

Postby MrFixIt » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:07 am

I'll call you, maybe I can solicit some help!
*limbers up for shaming some folks into working*
MrFixIt
DX Plastic

Postby Matthews Mike » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:45 am

Mike A. and Mike M. did some work out there yesterday and you would be surprised what two golfers with some pride in this fun course did with limited tools. Go out and play and if you feel like helping out follow our lead and continue what we have started. The goal is to line the fairways with all ready downed trees/limbs (like Moseley) and keep all debris outside the boarders. The county cut the grass but has not done anything in the woods, this is up to us I guess. Do what you can and help out with this gem because I dont think the county has the funds to do anything. Tread heavily and try to stomp down the weeds and grasses because cutting with a machette is not the easiest thing to do. I think that you will be impressed with the positive changes at Matthews. Cleanup date to be decided in the near future please help out.
Matthews Mike
Barney

Postby MrFixIt » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:50 am

Mike and Mike, henceforth known as the "Machete Gang" went thru the course like a swarm of locusts. They did an excellent job of knoking down alot of the worst growth and have really made a positive impact.

Having said that, there is still alot to do. I'm hoping that we will be able to announce a date/time where several folks could show up and really polish the course.

Thanks guys!
MrFixIt
DX Plastic

Return to Mathews Park