Webb Bridge or Atlanta Athletic Club courses?

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Webb Bridge or Atlanta Athletic Club courses?

Postby Phoenix » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:41 pm

If I recall there was an idea floating around a few years ago about a course possibility at Webb Bridge Park. Was there not enough room or did the county not approve?

Also wasn't there talk about the Atlanta Athletic Club considering using that large property for a course? Did they reconsider after hosting the PGA Championship in 2011?
Phoenix
DX Plastic

Re: Webb Bridge or Atlanta Athletic Club courses?

Postby Lofstrand » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:23 am

i was going to look into contacting someone at the AAA about the land across the street from the club. I heard that Brad Hammock talked to someone there, but that might just have been talk over a beer at a bar or something.

It is a lot of field but not a lot of terrain change. It still looks amazing and could have potential. The more I thought about it though the more I got discouraged. WHY would they want a disc golf course there? More liability. More problems. Little to NO money coming in from it. They are very elite and if I were in their shoes I would see no benefit to putting in a disc golf course there. Also, the land is used for parking and other events at times (Johns Creek Fairs).

Things got busy in my life and that was that. Just an idea with no follow through.

-Andrew
PDGA#29514
Lofstrand
Pro Plastic

Return to Q & A