Stolen Basket - WHO has it?

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Stolen Basket - WHO has it?

Postby keith johnson » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:54 am

Someone has stolen the Mach 3 (Old hole 10) that was removed from Wills Park between THU DEC 9th and SAT DEC 11th which was to be used at the next course going in at another Alpharetta Park in 2011.

The basket belongs to the city of Alpharetta, and they have offered (with my asking) to let whoever has stolen it to return it with NO QUESTIONS asked before this Friday DEC 17th at 5PM. After that time a police report will be filed and the person responsible will be charged with the crime.

If anyone in the disc golf community has any information on the basket, you may PM, Email, or call me. It is a basket that is over 6 years old, but in very good shape and someone in the area has to know that if someone has a "new" Mach 3 they just got - that it most likely is the basket from Wills Park.

It is a shame that with all the good will Disc Golfers had created with the redisgn, bridge work and all the other work done on the course in the last 3 months - that someone decides to steal the basket and ruin the reputation of disc golfers with one selfish act.

PLEASE keep your eyes open and if you see the basket or know who has it, do the right thing and bring it back before Friday, so the city will not derail the other project due to this unfortunate incident.

Thanks for any help,

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Re: Stolen Basket - WHO has it?

Postby Woodrow » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:35 am

Was it locked up? How'd that happen?
Woodrow

Postby BP » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:34 pm

keith johnson wrote:It is a shame that with all the good will Disc Golfers had created with the redisgn, bridge work and all the other work done on the course in the last 3 months - that someone decides to steal the basket and ruin the reputation of disc golfers with one selfish act.

Although it was most likely a disc golfer, I would hope that something like this wouldn't ruin the reputation of a group?!?! Unfortunately things are frequently stolen from parks even if they are locked down. Hopefully this one wasn't wandering around unlocked or it may have been considered "finders keepers" by the outlaw...
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
http://www.disccaddie.com
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby TokioJason » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Any News on this? I think it only takes a few stupid people to give the whole (disc golfers) a bad name but I still hope someone returns it and how exactly was it taken?
TokioJason
Pro Plastic

Postby DaBus85 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:59 am

Well I hope that it's found. It's too bad that one person(or how ever many stole it) will give disc golfers a bad name. Now instead of hearing about the local disc golfers put all this time and effort into making the park better and making the course better. You will hear about how one of the baskets was stolen when it was being done. I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully people will get all the hard work that was put into the course. Good luck to you involved in this. I hope the ending comes out well for you.
DaBus85
Barney

Postby O4PETESAKE » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:27 am

It was returned a year ago...but season two of "The Soapbox" is due out on DVD soon.
Disc
Golf, WO 30157
O4PETESAKE
Pro Plastic

Return to Q & A