Jr Worlds

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Jr Worlds

Postby mason » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:46 am

Does anyone know any local 16> mj2 jrs that are joing to the mid ohio jr worlds?
AcenMason
mason
Barney

Re: Jr Worlds

Postby 12StonesScott » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:23 am

mason wrote:Does anyone know any local 16> mj2 jrs that are joing to the mid ohio jr worlds?

Did you mean "MJ2 or older" or "MJ2 or younger"?

You, Tom Greer, and Stephen Trello are the only MJ2 qualifiers from GA. There's only 1 MJ1 qualifier, 3 MJ3s, and 3 MJ4s. Not that others couldn't potentially sign up after May 3 when it opens up to everyone.

I may take my son Ari up -- he's in MJ3, where anyone who played a tournament last year qualified. He's not going to be competitive, but he's excited about it and it'd be a unique opportunity.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Wookie » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Going to Worlds is an awesome time. Can't wait to go again, probably in Charlotte.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby mason » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:37 pm

i talked to tom and he said he wasnt going but i will be 17 june 17 so idk what the devitions will be cause im still new to this iv only been playing fore a year from yesterday but im tryen to find a good byop dubs that will be a good competitor partner.
AcenMason
mason
Barney

Postby 12StonesScott » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:55 pm

mason wrote:i talked to tom and he said he wasnt going but i will be 17 june 17 so idk what the devitions will be cause im still new to this iv only been playing fore a year from yesterday but im tryen to find a good byop dubs that will be a good competitor partner.

Juniors divisions are based strictly on year of birth (i.e., age on Jan 1), so if you're in MJ2 now you still would be eligible for it in late June/July, and until the end of the year. You can compete in a higher division if you choose to. So your pool of potential dubs partners would be MJ1s and MJ2s, assuming you feel comfortable competing in MJ1 (which you probably could, from what I've seen and heard of your performance lately).
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Lewis » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Yeah Mason almost beat Mike Eldridge and me as the odd-dog in our Sunday Doubles today, but he had a spit-out putt on the last hole, thank goodness. I'd hate to have been beaten by a yearling with Mike the Machine on my team. ;) I wish I'd picked up the sport as young as you have, Mason. :cry:
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Postby mason » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Thanx lewis maybe ill see you out their again sometime. and since it is now going to start at 630 day dubs are back!!
AcenMason
mason
Barney

Return to Q & A