Any Milledgeville locals on here?

Baldwin County - Milledgeville, Ga

Moderators: James Powell, ADGO BOD

Any Milledgeville locals on here?

Postby kevinmzane » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:23 am

I'll be moving to Milledgeville from Manhattan, KS and arriving this friday... Just wondering if there is any kind of an active local club or a league that meets in town. If not, maybe someone can point me in the direction of anyone you know in the area or point them in my direction. I'm very unfamiliar with the town and the area, but number one priority is the become familiar with the local DG scene :D . Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
kevinmzane
Barney

Re: Any Milledgeville locals on here?

Postby mrpbody33 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:56 pm

I can go ahead and tell you that there isn't much in the way of club down in Milledgeville. Maybe that is something you can get going!

There are two courses in Milledgeville area. Rolling Hills is located next to a grad school and really is more of a beginner friendly layout. It does have few nice elevation changes but otherwise a pretty straight forward course. Mytle Ridge is located on the West Campus of Georgia College and State University not too far away. It was designed by the local ultimate team I believe so a lot of shots are gear toward lids. More wooded so more of a challenge.

You are also about 30 miles away from The Monty. I predict you will be spending more of your time there.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Re: Any Milledgeville locals on here?

Postby luke » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:53 am

Good luck finding organization in Milledgeville. You will find, however, a good course in Monticello, which is a 30 min drive away. I maintain the Monty there, and we have plenty of action. I'm looking for some locals so we can have a little league action soon. Get back with me if you are interested. I'm very glad to hear you move into the area. Milledgeville is hard to get folks awake to organized golf. We have tried several times to pull them into a central georgia league with Macon, but to no avail. Most support for us comes from Atlanta, because they come down to our kick-a$$ doubles tournaments.
luke
Star Plastic

Return to Rolling Hills DGC